HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ have placed Jack Johnson on injured reserve - recalled Ryan Johansen

Old
02-25-2013, 12:50 PM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
Do you realize that he played 3rd night in a row after some extended bus/airplane traveling?
The slacker...

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
Do you realize that he played 3rd night in a row after some extended bus/airplane traveling?
Shouldn't really be an excuse. 3 game weekends (Friday-Sunday) are pretty common in the AHL

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:04 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
Shouldn't really be an excuse. 3 game weekends (Friday-Sunday) are pretty common in the AHL
Meh, I'll give him a game.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Perro

Heard baout the this yesterday on Sporsnet but they didn't say what JMFJ has or how long he will be out. I guess it is at least a week. I hope that is it.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:49 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Am I the only one thinking: I would not be surprised to see Johansen moved either at the trade deadline or in the offseason.

Not to say that he's been terrible, but he would seem to be one of the few guys with real value despite the poor first half of the season, at least statistically.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Am I the only one thinking: I would not be surprised to see Johansen moved either at the trade deadline or in the offseason.

Not to say that he's been terrible, but he would seem to be one of the few guys with real value despite the poor first half of the season, at least statistically.
I both would be both surprised and not. Anyone who thinks they have a good feel for how JK and JD intend to proceed in assembling a team is fooling themselves. I could sit here and hypothesize on reasons why, why not and when, but the truth is, I don't really have enough to go on. It would be me projecting my own thoughts onto the FO, when I really have no idea what they're thinking.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

i would be shocked...he's played well in springy when he's had quality finishers around him, we just need to get him some line help and he'll be fine

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
i would be shocked...he's played well in springy when he's had quality finishers around him, we just need to get him some line help and he'll be fine
I think he gets a much longer look now. I don't really care to see JAM, Collins, or Drazenovich at this point. I'm not dismissing them, but for the time being we need to really evaluate Joey.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:28 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
I think he gets a much longer look now. I don't really care to see JAM, Collins, or Drazenovich at this point. I'm not dismissing them, but for the time being we need to really evaluate Joey.
i agree...in what i've seen, we have a very effective 2C with 1C capabilities when he tops out...which with a MacK pick we can have a solid 1/2C punch which i very much want...then surround with solid wingers...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:45 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
i agree...in what i've seen, we have a very effective 2C with 1C capabilities when he tops out...which with a MacK pick we can have a solid 1/2C punch which i very much want...then surround with solid wingers...
I hate to come off as a size queen, but it seems that all our legitimate forward prospects are small save one: Johansen. I'd be very reluctant to give up on him at this age without a much longer evaluation by talent judges I trust.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
After getting shut out bringing up Johansen could be as simple as generating some offense... I'm more concerned about Jack than the Johansen soap opera...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:47 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
No. I wouldn't be surprised. However that has nothing to do with Johansen. We have a new regime and who knows what they are going to do. I highly doubt that would be moving Johansen, but maybe they see something they don't like.

Quote:
Now this is where you lose me. Value for what exactly? What are you thinking they are going to do with him? What are you expecting back? Your post suggests a line of thinking that is probably greatly flawed, but I want to see your response before passing final judgement.

Frankly I thing the moves will involve extracting value for guys that "don't fit". Not trading a projected top line center still very early in his career, for who knows what exactly? Something to improve the team next year? A goalie? A 30 goal scorer? I just don't see it, as Johansen could very well end up close to a 30 goal scorer.

I think we're starting to inject some urgency that probably isn't there.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:52 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
I see no urgency at all. He could develop in Springfield the rest of the season and the next as well. We probably should be more annoyed at Howson for triggering his sliding rule contract for the crappy way he was utilized by the Jackets last season.

I am not sure why he has to be evaluated now.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:48 AM
EspenK

From a post on the Rangers board about Kreider

How is he supposed to grow or do anything positive playing with bottom tiered talent on the 4th line with 6 minutes a game. Kreider with Miller and Callahan worked, and I guarantee it would work again if torts had the balls to do it once Nash came back. You have to either send him down getting big minutes and better like how callahan was when he was younger, or reunite that line because torts is just ruining him as is. The kid has no ice time, hence no place to go thru growing pains, and it doesnt help when youre scared to be thrown in the doghouse every 2 seconds, that mentality doesnt work with everybody. Look at Kadri for example in toronto, definitely experienced plenty of growing pains over last 3 years, and is now coming into own. Im not losing faith in him, im just completely pissed at how hes being handled currently by torts."

Replace Kreider with Joey and Torts with Richards and voila! you have the Joey story. Guess we're not the only ones.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:25 AM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Replace Kreider with Joey and Torts with Richards and voila! you have the Joey story. Guess we're not the only ones.
How dare you. Everyone knows the CBJ are the only team that ever struggles. We're special little snowflakes with unique issues that no other team could ever possibly hope to understand, therefore making us the best, hardiest, most intelligent and attractive hockey fans the world has ever seen!!

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Inquiring Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
From a post on the Rangers board about Kreider

How is he supposed to grow or do anything positive playing with bottom tiered talent on the 4th line with 6 minutes a game. Kreider with Miller and Callahan worked, and I guarantee it would work again if torts had the balls to do it once Nash came back. You have to either send him down getting big minutes and better like how callahan was when he was younger, or reunite that line because torts is just ruining him as is. The kid has no ice time, hence no place to go thru growing pains, and it doesnt help when youre scared to be thrown in the doghouse every 2 seconds, that mentality doesnt work with everybody. Look at Kadri for example in toronto, definitely experienced plenty of growing pains over last 3 years, and is now coming into own. Im not losing faith in him, im just completely pissed at how hes being handled currently by torts."

Replace Kreider/Joey with Filatov and Torts/Richards with Hitch.
Same song, different stanza

Inquiring Minds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:45 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquiring Minds View Post
Replace Kreider/Joey with Filatov and Torts/Richards with Hitch.
Same song, different stanza
I can't say this one resonated.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Baarle*
Lähme looduses

so when will JJ be back?

Baarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Only mystery
surrounds the number seven
only time will tell

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:01 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

“@Aportzline: Asked where the #StLBlues had Ryan Johansen rated during his draft year of 2010, #CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen says: "Oh, yeah. We had him high."”

“@Aportzline: Kekalainen acknowledged Johansen's "wow" moments recently: "The best player in every game sets the tempo for that game. ... "”

“@Aportzline: More Kekalainen: "That’s the goal for him, too, to set the tempo and play on that level."”

“@Aportzline: Big morning skate Tuesday in Nationwide. #CBJ hoping Johnson, Brassard and Nikitin can play; #Oilers hoping Hall and Eberle are good to go.”

03-09-2013, 05:58 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Joey has a 3 game point streak right now and points in 4 of the last 5.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Joey has a 3 game point streak right now and points in 4 of the last 5.
Sort of a cliche but it seems like the game is starting to slow down for him

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote