HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plus-Minus Thread | Hurricanes 4, Penguins 1

Old
02-28-2013, 09:52 PM
MtlPenFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondello View Post
Fact. Aside of a couple very well known guys on our team, the Pens are really a bunch of fourth liners and scrubs. Are our expectations too high--methinks so.

One and out in the spring--bank on it.
That's taking it a step too far, but the point is well taken, and I've been saying that **** for years.

Penguins are overrated, and anyone who ever again says "WITH THIS MUCH TALENT..." needs to refill their prescription.

It's a mishmash of mismatched players, and all it takes is a single injury to show the uninitiated how overrated the team's talent is, regardless of a couple of high end players.

MtlPenFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:52 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
- - - Letang. Confession time: Letang is really really good. I'm glad he's on the team. It would be almost impossible to trade him. That said, I personally don't "like" him. Again, great player it's just my personal taste. I can't stand his cheap cross checks in the corners that are honestly vicious all the time. Then any time he gets hit he acts like a 10 year old. Did it twice tonight and the Flyers took advantage of it last year. He's a ****ing punk, plain and simple. Oh, and he double clutches every time he could shoot the puck instead. Big middle finger to him tonight.
Couldn't agree more.

I think his shelf life will reach it's end eventually in Pittsburgh unfortunately, unless he learns to fix all of the ******** he brings to the ice. It obviously won't be this season, and it probably wont' be next season, but soon. With the defenseman coming up through the system, and how much money Letang will potentially earn on his next contract...

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:53 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesedanish87 View Post
I'd like to see sid-duper-kunitz back together. If u move neal with sutter maybe you get 2 scoring lines instead of the one scoring line we have now.
Nah, Neal's not creating anything on his own. One-trick pony.

bathroomSTAAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Guins71

+ Fleury

- Shero for the roster he has pretty much kept in tact after 3 straight unsuccessful seasons. Way too many guys getting free rides on this team.

Guins71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:54 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Or maybe this is their game. Crosby, Neal, and a bunch of grinders. It's Dan Bylsma's dream roster, Euro free at last.
If Bylsma is behind the bench game 1 next season, I'm going to be pretty pissed off.

As for this season, I have no hope of Shero firing him unfortunately.

Old
cheesedanish87

This is just a side note to disco talking about injuries. Martin was off practice yesterday with a so called maintenance day. Tonight he gets injured somehow and doesn't play the third. My point is you cant always take DB for his word when it comes to injuries.

cheesedanish87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Didn't see the third period as I left for work after two. But the game of course was already over.

I seriously don't know if I could add anything I haven't written here an untold amount of times already.

Just this repetition then - this team is showing every possible indication that it is a poorly coached hockey team.

... and that certainly does not suggest that there are no roster limitations, just that I am fed up watching the ongoing 'de-structurization' of the Pittsburgh Penguins into a clueless, heartless and BORING hockey team.

I hope Bylsma is sacked, and I care less about who we get instead. There.
1. Yep.
2. Emperor Shero better stop fiddling while the Pens burn, because this is his coach and his roster. The 'he's trying' excuse is no more applicable any more to him than it is to Bylsma.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sideline

Quote:
This game is 8-1 after two without Fleury standing on his head half the night. Scary . . . he gives up four, and he's the biggest plus out of the lot.
Pretty much this. Fleury, for all I knock him, is capable of making a team look much better than it is.

For the time being the Penguins are still leading the division. That give Shero time to see things play out. I'm not looking forward to the next 2-4 weeks on this board

Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Hello Newman*

+ to all the Die hard fans overseas staying up late to see this piece of **** team play like this. I don't know how you guys do it, but respect!

Hello Newman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:55 PM
vodeni

-Pens announcers during the game and post game

vodeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:56 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
That's taking it a step too far, but the point is well taken, and I've been saying that **** for years.

Penguins are overrated, and anyone who ever again says "WITH THIS MUCH TALENT..." needs to refill their prescription.

It's a mishmash of mismatched players, and all it takes is a single injury to show the uninitiated how overrated the team's talent is, regardless of a couple of high end players.
Yes, and that is on Shero.

Old
pensfansince88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
If Bylsma is behind the bench game 1 next season, I'm going to be pretty pissed off.

pensfansince88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Guins71

Quote:
Couldn't agree more.

I think his shelf life will reach it's end eventually in Pittsburgh unfortunately, unless he learns to fix all of the ******** he brings to the ice. It obviously won't be this season, and it probably wont' be next season, but soon. With the defenseman coming up through the system, and how much money Letang will potentially earn on his next contract...
The thing i don't like that Letang and Crosby do is complain after every call to the officials. I think it ends up hurting us

Guins71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin4Top6Wingerz View Post
Montreal was handedly outplayed in every game except the last, TB squeaked by us in 7 games while having a massive advantage in roster talent because of our injuries. The Flyers series is the only one that should be truly concerning to anyone. And the one constant in our post Cup win playoff appearances nobody seems to want to acknowledge? Our goalie getting badly outplayed.

Certainly the wrong time to make this argument though, so I'll just leave it at that. This team isn't nearly as bad or as far from contending as people seem to believe. A healthy Geno, a deadline acquisition or two, they'll be a favorite against any team in the East not named Boston.
I respect your opinion, but I'll still stay nervous only because we haven't looked that much different since that Flyers series you mention. Our roster is worse on paper as I pointed out somewhere else. Also, I'll throw the Flyers in with Boston on your list up there. It's a mistake not to. They're pretty much fully operational now. They're not a joke because they had a bad start. I would NOT want to play them in a series with this lineup. Don't forget about Montreal either. Thank god the Isles and probably Toronto won't make the playoffs or I'd put them on that list to. Seriously.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chethejet

Malkin in theory makes a difference, yet this team is just not taking the play to the other team. If I am Malkin I stay out since he will be targeted when he comes back and no one will come to his defense except Joe V. Only when teams know they will pay a price or their knee taken out will the head hunting of Crosby and Malkin end. Where the ******* is Engelland. Sit Orpik down and tell him he has to start be a physical force and if that is not understood trade him ASAP. Lastly, I trade for Chris Neil. At least he will run your goaltender if you crash into Fluery.

chethejet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post

This is what happens when you draft just about zero players with legit potential NHL offensive talent, and completely neglect a gigantic hole or two on this team for multiple seasons in a row.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:57 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
Nah, Neal's not creating anything on his own. One-trick pony.
Of course. Why do you think Malkin has been struggling all season with Neal and the rotating scratches on LW? Take that shot away from Neal, and he brings less to the table than Kunitz or Dupuis.

Old
Mondello
Makin' the scene...

Quote:
Some of us were banking on that three weeks ago.
I'm slow.

Mondello is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
WarriorScholar

Need more grinders

WarriorScholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:58 PM
NutCracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello Newman View Post
+ to all the Die hard fans overseas staying up late to see this piece of **** team play like this. I don't know how you guys do it, but respect!
Thanks. Not good for my health though

NutCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Get To Our Game
HFBoards Sponsor

Agree with most of what's been posted. To single one player out that hasn't been done yet, Bortuzzo had a game to forget. Mishandling pucks and his passes/shots were generally off-target, we saw what E. Staal did to him on the 4th goal, and took a penalty on Skinner because he couldn't hold the puck in. Add that to the late fight where he kind of embarrassed himself and it was an ugly night for him. Might have been the worst I've seen him play.

And TK was abysmal, but nobody is surprised there. He's soooooo frustrating to watch.

Oh, and that play where Skinner got called for diving was hilarious. The way he jumped off the ice reminded me of the night Jaromir Jagr almost killed Sean Avery.

Get To Our Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin4Top6Wingerz View Post
Montreal was handedly outplayed in every game except the last, TB squeaked by us in 7 games while having a massive advantage in roster talent because of our injuries. The Flyers series is the only one that should be truly concerning to anyone. And the one constant in our post Cup win playoff appearances nobody seems to want to acknowledge? Our goalie getting badly outplayed.

Certainly the wrong time to make this argument though, so I'll just leave it at that. This team isn't nearly as bad or as far from contending as people seem to believe. A healthy Geno, a deadline acquisition or two, they'll be a favorite against any team in the East not named Boston.

That was among the worst efforts I've seen from the Pens in years. Geno. Iginla. ****ing prime Pronger wouldn't fix this team.

I'm not even sure it's on coaching anymore. But changes need to be made.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Of course. Why do you think Malkin has been struggling all season with Neal and the rotating scratches on LW? Take that shot away from Neal, and he brings less to the table than Kunitz or Dupuis.
The frustrating part is that he has the ability to bring what Kunitz brings. He used to do it when he first came into the league. He used to forecheck like a beast.

Old
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

+Martin. Shining bright spot

+Sid. Ripping the team in his own way to the media after the game. It isn't Therrien, but it's better than nothing. Only forward consistently getting back for the breakout other than, I think Vitale.

+Cooke. Good on the forecheck. Won wall battles everyone else was losing.

~goaltending

~Vitale. At least he works.

~Dupuis. One bad turnover. Good game other than that

-Neal. He loses every battle that smaller guys win and can't accept a pass to save his life

-everyone else

Also, why the Hell was the goalie out of the net when we're down 4-1 with 40 seconds left?

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 09:59 PM
KIRK

Quote:

In that case, I hope Shero is on the unemployment line with him. Sorry, but Bylsma is Shero's guy now. This roster-- this soft, identity free roster-- is Shero's roster.