HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators @ Bruins | February 28th @ 7:00pm | NHL 13 Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

vCash: 500
Good effort, solid game by a lot of guys....Lehner stood on his head against arguably one of the top teams in the league......

I ain't even mad

Old
02-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Yokai

vCash: 1243
Ok guys I think we all have to admit that it is time to start shipping off the stars. It is obvious that this team is not going to make the playoffs, so we might as well finish as low as possible. How much do you think BM could get for Jim O'Brien? I'm thinking at least a first round pick.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Indrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
Ok guys I think we all have to admit that it is time to start shipping off the stars. It is obvious that this team is not going to make the playoffs, so we might as well finish as low as possible How much do you think BM could get for Jim O'Brien? I'm thinking at least a first round pick.
Gotta do it before he demands O'Reilly money.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:12 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Ok guys I think we all have to admit that it is time to start shipping off the stars. It is obvious that this team is not going to make the playoffs, so we might as well finish as low as possible How much do you think BM could get for Jim O'Brien? I'm thinking at least a first round pick.
Probably Max Pacioretty, at least.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:13 PM
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanteggroll View Post
ok guys i think we all have to admit that it is time to start shipping off the stars. It is obvious that this team is not going to make the playoffs, so we might as well finish as low as possible how much do you think bm could get for jim o'brien? I'm thinking at least a first round pick.
why?

02-28-2013, 09:13 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
The only way you get lots of hits is if your team doesn't have the puck.

I'd much prefer to have puck possession. That actually has a correlation with winning hockey games.
I don't think we had much puck possession. I would have to check the stats though. It just seemed like we were a bit intimidated out there. We were turning over the puck as soon as being pressured and we seemed hesitant to battle for loose pucks.

And hits help teams win games. Do you really believe that hitting and intimidation have no effect whatsoever on winning games?

Old
02-28-2013, 09:14 PM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Quote:
Dude, the guy's number is 18.

Think about what Marian Hossa got at the deadline. I will accept nothing less.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:16 PM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Bruins fan here, very impressed with the way the sens are playing considering the amount of injuries your roster has. I don't know how their doing. Paul Maclean has to be the best coach in the league.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Loose Sens
Drafting my Overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Yeah, I haven't really noticed this at all.

Sorry.
Yeah well, I have and you're wrong.

Sorry.

He's been working hard, that's about the only positive in his game. He tries.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:17 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by peon View Post

Sorry.
Well, in that case.

Old
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazel5 View Post
Agreed. Boston was getting very physical near the end and it looked like our guys were handling dynamite out there.

Either way, I'm still happy with the point
Yeah, we were way too concerned with getting hit. The Bruins put a lot of pressure on us and we struggled to respond.

Old
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I thought we seemed a little timid. We were a little too concerned with getting hit or getting into a puck battle. We basically just gave them way too much time and space. Boston won the vast majority of puck battles along the boards and in the corner and we coughed up the puck a lot as soon as we were pressured. I think we were a bit intimidated by the Bruins.
we win this game if we score one extra goal in regular time. we need scorers not hitters. our team toughness is fine. we need finishers.

if michalek is ready i sit dd. he was invisible this game.

Old
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
I find it hard to blame Turris. He has really been thrown into it. While I dont blame him, it is very disappointing that he hasnt elevated his game. Granted he had more help, but Chris freaking Kelly was able to sub as 1C.

If this stint has taught us anything its that Turris isnt ready to be a #1. Hopefully a few more years under Spezza will really help his game. He is a fantastic #2, and I still think he can develop into a #1.

I dont know what they do with him now though. Last game they tried giving him all the chances in the world, and it was his worst game as a Sen. Even with that they still put him out for the shootout. You cant scratch him I dont think. The optics would be too bad for him and the team.
Alfie and Heater in their primes is a lot better than an past-his-prime Alfie and a rookie still trying to figure out the NHL.

I think with Spezza out, Turris is not dealing with the pressure well. I think he's putting too much on himself to be the offensive catalyst on this team and as a result, he's doing way too much, resulting in a gripped stick and giveaways. He needs a Paul Maclean reassuring back rub and a deep breath. As NyQuil pointed out, he's working hard out there, just not working smart...

Old
02-28-2013, 09:18 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
I don't think we had much puck possession. I would have to check the stats though. It just seemed like we were a bit intimidated out there. We were turning over the puck as soon as being pressured and we seemed hesitant to battle for loose pucks.

And hits help teams win games. Do you rely believe that hitting and intimidation have no effect whatsoever on winning games?
I think our team has more of a skill deficit than a toughness deficit right now.

The last thing we need is more pluggers who can't skate.

Sure, there are guys out there who have both, but they aren't easily available and they're expensive.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:19 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
Alfie and Heater in their primes is a lot better than an past-his-prime Alfie and a rookie still trying to figure out the NHL.

I think with Spezza out, Turris is not dealing with the pressure well. I think he's putting too much on himself to be the offensive catalyst on this team and as a result, he's doing way too much, resulting in a gripped stick and giveaways. He needs a Paul Maclean reassuring back rub and a deep breath. As NyQuil pointed out, he's working hard out there, just not working smart...
You highlighted the part where I said "granted he had more help"....

Old
02-28-2013, 09:20 PM
Orr123

Quote:
Ok guys I think we all have to admit that it is time to start shipping off the stars. It is obvious that this team is not going to make the playoffs, so we might as well finish as low as possible. How much do you think BM could get for Jim O'Brien? I'm thinking at least a first round pick.
This makes me laugh.

We've gotten points in 6 of our 7 last games, and 5 of those were wins.

While I do think the winning tapers off, if we keep bringing it to OT and continue having a hard working team + great goaltending... anything could happen.

I'm not opposed to trading one or two players for picks -- but I wouldn't sell the whole farm right now. Its incredible what the Sens have done with their 4 top players out of the lineup. We've played some of the higher tiered teams and still managed come away not totally lit up.

I am SO proud of this team and how they have done. Good games and bad. I expected A LOT worse, and this team has heart!

I'd like to see how we fair the next few games first before just calling it quits on the season. If we can get out of this long road trip with being 0.500% or better, I'd say lets keep on trucking!

Old
02-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
I think our team has more of a skill deficit than a toughness deficit right now.

The last thing we need is more pluggers who can't skate.

Sure, there are guys out there who have both, but they aren't easily available and they're expensive.
I agree that the lack of skill is the bigger issue, but I still feel that we have a bit of an issue with the toughness level. We play a lot of tough teams in March, and if we make it to the playoffs and we play a tough team we may need a little more toughness on the team.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:22 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
I agree that the lack of skill is the bigger issue, but I still feel that we have a bit of an issue with the toughness level. We play a lot of tough teams in March, and if we make it to the playoffs and we play a tough team we may need a little more toughness on the team.
You may be right.

Not sure who is out there that can play a regular shift.

I think Cowen would make a pretty significant difference.

Old
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

The Senator's luck was bound to run out eventually. The fact remains that if this team keeps getting consistent goaltending it will be in every game and can still squeek into the playoffs.

Old
West Coast Eagles
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Probably Max Pacioretty, at least.
Lol! JOB is on a 20+ goal pace though at the moment, who'd have thunk it (don't look at his assist totals)?

Also won't we have 3 of the top 4 goalies by s% after this game.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:23 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr123 View Post
This makes me laugh.

We've gotten points in 6 of our 7 last games, and 5 of those were wins.

While I do think the winning tapers off, if we keep bringing it to OT and continue having a hard working team + great goaltending... anything could happen.

I'm not opposed to trading one or two players for picks -- but I wouldn't sell the whole farm right now. Its incredible what the Sens have done with their 4 top players out of the lineup. We've played some of the higher tiered teams and still managed come away not totally lit up.

I am SO proud of this team and how they have done. Good games and bad. I expected A LOT worse, and this team has heart!

I'd like to see how we fair the next few games first before just calling it quits on the season. If we can get out of this long road trip with being 0.500% or better, I'd say lets keep on trucking!
Yeah, re-read his post.

WOOSH!

Old
02-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Kezia
Benny

vCash: 50
Hopefully Methot is not carrying Gryba cuz hes looking not bad at all. Gryba is here for the season.

7/10 would not wanna wrestle him.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:24 PM
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by peon View Post

Sorry.

He's been working hard, that's about the only positive in his game. He tries.
LOL kid

Old
02-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Bigup
Stache consultant

Great effort by the sens tonight. Robin will be a BEAST when he's here full time.
The future looks bright!

Old
02-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Orr123

Quote:
Yeah, re-read his post.

WOOSH!
Haha, well I stick by what I said! I'm proud of this team and what they've done thus far!

But you are right... woosh! I blame house full of kids and screaming babies for my lack of perception and inability to catch on to sarcasm!

Closed Thread