HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dominic Moore traded for Adam Hall

Old
07-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Agree totally on HOLLWEG--I think he has some hands, speed and skill to go with his hitting...And why I think together, they can be more then just a token 4th line

I'm a bit more convinced by Betts given his FO ability and his play in the PO then I am of Helminen, who doesn't impress me one iota.
If nothing else, could make for some interesting battles with the winners having earned it rather than getting it by default.

Personally I don't care who is out there, because it's pretty safe to say whoever is will likely have beaten out other players for the spot.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 05:57 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Ward cannot be moved. Period, any one else agree?

Ruchinsky is out as well as maybe Hossa, but I say we keep him. Players are going to get injured, we'll need people who can step in and play NHL hockey.
I like Ward. I was very impressed and surprised by his play last season. That said, he certainly can be moved.

07-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Ward cannot be moved. Period, any one else agree?

Ruchinsky is out as well as maybe Hossa, but I say we keep him. Players are going to get injured, we'll need people who can step in and play NHL hockey.
Def. should be kept in mind. We got pretty lucky last year but it still doesn't change the fact there are some guys who stand decent odds of getting hurt at some point (Straka, Jagr, etc.)

Old
07-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I like Ward. I was very impressed and surprised by his play last season. That said, he certainly can be moved.
Agreed.

Like what he brings but he isn't untouchable and if someone beats him for a spot, they beat him for a spot. No way around it.

Same goes for all those guys: Immonen, Ward, Hall, Betts, Hollweg, Hossa, Ortmeyer.

Best man wins.

Old
07-19-2006, 06:00 PM
-Duffx-

I like this trade. I think Hall is an upgrade that provides much needed physical presence on the roster.

-Duffx- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
But again, to get to those 25 goals (this is of course if the Rangers are assuming the same as you) he's going to get the minutes. 10 PP goals may tough to duplicate. We'll see. I'm excited.
Could be that time we talked about that will be available with Shanahan. Few prime minutes there.

I'm not necessarily expecting 25 goals this season, but if we can get him to 20 than we can work towards the 25.

Even if takes him two years to hit that 25 (and providing he takes the first step of getting to 20), having a 27 year old, 6'3, 210 pound 25 goal scorer would be a nice gift.

Old
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Do Cullen and Hall kill penalties? So far I have the following guys as penalty killers:

Betts
Straka
Ortmeyer
J. Ward
Hossa (if he's in the lineup)

If both Cullen and Hall can step in, then I wouldn't be against moving Jason Ward.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
If nothing else, could make for some interesting battles with the winners having earned it rather than getting it by default.

Personally I don't care who is out there, because it's pretty safe to say whoever is will likely have beaten out other players for the spot.
I totally agree once again and ain't that great for a change? (I don't mean the agreeing, but the competition)...I don't want to see anybody, be it vets or kids like Immonen handed spots to lose...THey need to earn them in camp and the competiton should be fierce...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:03 PM
frozenrubber

And what we've completely forgotten about is the removal of Dom Moore's troublesome Canadian accent from the locker room. It's "a-boot" time

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/VideoC...s_56.ram&BW=56

And added a nice American, Michigan kid.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
Do Cullen and Hall kill penalties? So far I have the following guys as penalty killers:

Betts
Straka
Ortmeyer
J. Ward
Hossa (if he's in the lineup)

If both Cullen and Hall can step in, then I wouldn't be against moving Jason Ward.
Both have, yes.

Though I'm guessing Straka gets phased out if all goes well and I don't know if Hossa makes the team.

So you have Betts, Ortmeyer, Ward and Hall who could see a lot of time, which says nothing of Cullen.

Old
07-19-2006, 06:04 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Agreed.

Like what he brings but he isn't untouchable and if someone beats him for a spot, they beat him for a spot. No way around it.

Same goes for all those guys: Immonen, Ward, Hall, Betts, Hollweg, Hossa, Ortmeyer.

Best man wins.
Yea, I agree with that, but inless Ruchinsky is Def. signed, which could be doubtful, I don't see the reason for moving anyone. We'll need guys that can step in.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:05 PM
TorontoSports

I liked Dom.. I don't know anything about Adam Hall..

TorontoSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:06 PM
frozenrubber

Granger Curse

Actually, after thinking about it...there is now an OFFICIAL BOBBY GRANGER CURSE

Nemo...GONE
Maxim Kondrietiev...Gone
JD...GONE
Moore...GONE

DAMN YOU BOBBY GRANGER

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Edge

Yeah but there are only so many spots and you can't hold on to people just in case someone gets hurt.

Not saying he is off the team, but he's going to have challangers.

Ward and Hall could certainly play together, but they might be battling against each other as well if a kid like Dawes makes a big splash.

Old
07-19-2006, 06:09 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Yeah but there are only so many spots and you can't hold on to people just in case someone gets hurt.

Not saying he is off the team, but he's going to have challangers.

Ward and Hall could certainly play together, but they might be battling against each other as well if a kid like Dawes makes a big splash.
True, then I suggest Sather to hold the phones until camp.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:10 PM
MrAlfie

so now that Dom is gone we arent morally bound to not ever acquire Senor Bertuzzi?

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Entrancemperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
so now that Dom is gone we arent morally bound to not ever acquire Senor Bertuzzi?
He better come cheap

Entrancemperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Edge

Looks like we'll be seeing a lot of Dom.

He's now a Pen. Must've missed that part.

Old
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Ah, DAWES....I think a move like this could also mean that they think it will be best for Dawes and his development for him to get just a little more time in the AHL before being brought up..ANd I have no problem with that whatsoever..But hey, if he destroys everybody in camp, other guys can be traded..

Old
07-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Ah, DAWES....I think a move like this could also mean that they think it will be best for Dawes and his development for him to get just a little more time in the AHL before being brought up..ANd I have no problem with that whatsoever..But hey, if he destroys everybody in camp, other guys can be traded..
Pretty much.

Gotta wait and see. Hall and Ward could be linemates or Hall could replace Ward or any number of possibilities.

I'd rather have 21,26 and 27 years old battling than 32 year old wingers.

Old
07-19-2006, 06:15 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Looks like we'll be seeing a lot of Dom.

He's now a Pen. Must've missed that part.
He should help their penalty kill. And get decent minutes on the 3rd or 4th line. I can't even name any of Pittsburgh's centers other than Crosby, Malkin and Talbot. Oh and Malone at times I guess.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Fletch

I'm not sure that happens, Larry...

if Dawes destroys a couple guys in preseason and fizzles out by the end of October, and you've traded Ward, you may be wanting him back. That's one of the interesting things about preseason. Having a very good one doesn't always mean you'll get the job, or having a better one than another doesn't mean you get the job over that guy. Without knowing what Renney, etc., think of where Dawes is in his development, preseason can be just a measure to see where he is in his development and he could easily be sent down to Hartford to start the season and if he continues to tear it up down there, it may make it difficult for them to keep him down there. That scenario reminds me of the Savard situation. I believe he scored 7 preseason goals and was sent to Hartford (or Binghampton). By early November he was center Graves and Maclean, I believe and fueled a win against Toronto and played quite well out of the gate.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
if Dawes destroys a couple guys in preseason and fizzles out by the end of October, and you've traded Ward, you may be wanting him back. That's one of the interesting things about preseason. Having a very good one doesn't always mean you'll get the job, or having a better one than another doesn't mean you get the job over that guy. Without knowing what Renney, etc., think of where Dawes is in his development, preseason can be just a measure to see where he is in his development and he could easily be sent down to Hartford to start the season and if he continues to tear it up down there, it may make it difficult for them to keep him down there. That scenario reminds me of the Savard situation. I believe he scored 7 preseason goals and was sent to Hartford (or Binghampton). By early November he was center Graves and Maclean, I believe and fueled a win against Toronto and played quite well out of the gate.
Not that it matters, but by "destroying" everybody, I meant that if Dawes outplays everybody, maybe the Rangers keep him--it's an option...But I agree that a good pre-season doesn't mean the rook has to be kept up...That's why I said in the earlier post that I think a move like this (HALL) would mean that the Rangers won';t trade a guy because of Dawes but rather keep him in the AHL for a little more seasoning--and that's fine with me....Just like I had no problem with Prucha and Hollweg spending a little time in Hartford and Immo the whole year.....In time...

Old
07-19-2006, 06:31 PM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangersFan View Post
The only thing I don't like about this is that Moore stays within the division...he will prove to be Rangers killer I bet.
With all those goals he scored last year? I hear exactly where you are coming from, but Dom had chances to run away with his opportunites last year but he just didn't grab it. He was a terrific PK guy, but after that it seemed like he couldn't even finish off a wet dream if he tried.

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 07:11 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
I'd just like to point out that if Hall actually did just fill in Moore's spot in the line, it could be called the OHH line.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote