HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - 2012-13 (Part XI)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2013, 03:38 PM
  #726
Flair Hay
Registered User
 
Flair Hay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,406
vCash: 50
I'm fairly certain Philly is counting on Voracek to be a 25/45/70 guy the way he's been playing. He's still getting better. It's literally like asking us to trade away Wheeler if we had Simmonds and an overpaid Briere?

Voracek+ anything for Buff will probably make the Flyers scoff. Holmgren may not be the most loyal GM, but he has never overpaid for anyone in a trade that I can remember.

He got Schenn and Simmons for Richards. Voracek and Couturier for Carter. If they still had JVR this would make a lot more sense, but they don't.

Philly won't be giving up two worthwhile players for one, and we won't be trading Buff 1 for 1 for anyone they'd offer. Seems to me the fire alarm got set off by burnt toast.

Flair Hay is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 03:49 PM
  #727
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,720
vCash: 50
I'm not too high on dealing Byfuglien. We're all acting like Trouba is a bonafide 100% sure player for the top 4. He looks like it and we all hope he is, but the fact of the matter is none of us know for sure.

That coupled with the fact Bogosian has shown he can play the left side shows we effectively have our top 4 D already, regardless of handedness. So instead of searching for that top 4 left-handed D we actually already have a guy who can play that spot.

Plus while we're all searching for the perfect RW we again already have a good one in Bryan Little. If Scheifele can develop to take over the center job we literally have all the pieces we need, all we really need is time.

I'd rather sit with what we have instead of taking value for Byfuglien. If Philly wants to overpay that's fine, but I'd want more than Voracek or Simmonds, even if a first was involved.

Sweech is online now  
Old
02-27-2013, 04:04 PM
  #728
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*
 
GermanJetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Darmstadt, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,788
vCash: 50
IF! someone comes along and pays a crazyyyy price let's say for example, taking the Philly one: Voracek, Simmonds 1st DO IT AND RUN.

But that won't happen. A trade like Voracek + 2nd + a #6 D men isn't enough to get a gamechanger like Buff and I'd be very pissed if Chevy does something like that.

GermanJetsFan is online now  
Old
02-27-2013, 04:11 PM
  #729
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 2,456
vCash: 500
I don't remember the flyers overpaying in a trade either, since the other team really wanted the Flyer player. He was usually dealing from strength.

For Pronger, he traded Lupul (who was coming off a 25g year in philly), Sbisa and 2 first rd picks.

Not saying Buff will get a Pronger return, but if Holmgren wants something, he doesn't mind paying for it.

Depends on how badly he wants Buff, I suppose.

Bob E is online now  
Old
02-27-2013, 04:12 PM
  #730
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 3,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
I'm not too high on dealing Byfuglien. We're all acting like Trouba is a bonafide 100% sure player for the top 4. He looks like it and we all hope he is, but the fact of the matter is none of us know for sure.

That coupled with the fact Bogosian has shown he can play the left side shows we effectively have our top 4 D already, regardless of handedness. So instead of searching for that top 4 left-handed D we actually already have a guy who can play that spot.

Plus while we're all searching for the perfect RW we again already have a good one in Bryan Little. If Scheifele can develop to take over the center job we literally have all the pieces we need, all we really need is time.


I'd rather sit with what we have instead of taking value for Byfuglien. If Philly wants to overpay that's fine, but I'd want more than Voracek or Simmonds, even if a first was involved.
Am I mistaken or has burmi not been primarily playing RW on the line with Kane and Antro?

Either way, provided schiefele can become top six, one of little or burmi can assume the role on the wing as both seem to be able to handle that. I think most of burmis points this season have come with him playing the wing position have theynot? or am i writing some revisionist history in my head?

Grind is online now  
Old
02-27-2013, 04:16 PM
  #731
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,056
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
Am I mistaken or has burmi not been primarily playing RW on the line with Kane and Antro?

Either way, provided schiefele can become top six, one of little or burmi can assume the role on the wing as both seem to be able to handle that. I think most of burmis points this season have come with him playing the wing position have theynot? or am i writing some revisionist history in my head?
Burmistrov has been playing C but Antropov is taking most of the draws.

Burmi is on a 3 game point streak (1G,2A) although that isn't exactly huge.

garret9 is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 04:19 PM
  #732
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 3,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Burmistrov has been playing C but Antropov is taking most of the draws.

Burmi is on a 3 game point streak (1G,2A) although that isn't exactly huge.
yah i noticed that as well (3 game streak)

If he's playing C but antro's taking draws that makes sense, i was going by face off line up as to who was what position.

Grind is online now  
Old
02-27-2013, 04:23 PM
  #733
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Burmistrov has been playing C but Antropov is taking most of the draws.

Burmi is on a 3 game point streak (1G,2A) although that isn't exactly huge.
I don't neccessarily agree with this; Antropov has been playing the top of the one - two-two while Kane and Burmistrov have been pressuring the boards. Also in our end I notice Burmistrov on the boards more than Antropov (granted they switch from time to time) coupled with faceoffs leads me to believe that he is playing more wing then center.

surixon is online now  
Old
02-27-2013, 05:46 PM
  #734
mondo3
Registered User
 
mondo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 828
vCash: 571
I believe Columbus has 3 first round picks this year (something like 4th, 11th and the way they are playing maybe 1st). What do you think it would take in trade to get their 4th pick?

mondo3 is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 06:18 PM
  #735
JCJet
Moderator
The kid is alright
 
JCJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Westman
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,786
vCash: 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post
I believe Columbus has 3 first round picks this year (something like 4th, 11th and the way they are playing maybe 1st). What do you think it would take in trade to get their 4th pick?
I Would guess alot more than any of us would want to give up. Columbus needs a franchise player right now in my opinion, the 1st and 4th pick could get them potentially 2 of them. My guess is we might have to give up ether Bogo, Wheeler, Buff or even Kane. Just my opinion though.

JCJet is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 07:08 PM
  #736
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 50
They have the first (theirs), 9th (rangers) and 13th (kings).

Frankly I expect both Rangers and Kings to move up in the standings, not down

JetsHomer is online now  
Old
02-28-2013, 10:33 AM
  #737
Damascus
Registered User
 
Damascus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 512
vCash: 50
Would anyone have interest in O'mark? (YEAH that's right, I was one of those Oiler's fans that supported him)

He is just finishing up the Swiss Elite playoffs. This season he posted 17 goals and 52 assists in 48 games although I'm not too sure how he did n the post-season. At the North American level I think he did extremely well for his size-and draft selection. He was a PPG player in the AHL. In the NHL he actually didn't do too bad.. 30 pts in 64 games.

The problem was that people (including Oiler's staff) assumed he was supposed to be the second coming of Forsberg. They forget they he was like a late 7th round pick and will always be a second and third line tweener. I think that he is a better version of Wellwood. He is actually smaller than welly but has the same hockey IQ. Although he is terribly small, if you ever saw him play along the boards you would be impressed. The guy can be a bit cocky but man can he dominate with the puck. There are some questions about his defensive zone coverage but I think part of that was due to the fact that his transition to North America was meh.. lets just say I don't think he was coached well in Edmonton. This year in the Swiss Elite he is a +18 and even kills some penalties.

I think Edmonton has given up on him and he would come extremely cheap. I think he could be had for as little as a 5-6th round pick. Having a guy like him and tobi on the powerplay would be extremely deadly. Come to think of it I think he would have tons of success playing with Olli.. but then again everyone can have success playing with Olli.

Anyhow what do you guys think, and for those of you are extremely anti Omark, I am sorry I mentioned his name again. Just a thought..

Damascus is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 10:41 AM
  #738
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
Would anyone have interest in O'mark? (YEAH that's right, I was one of those Oiler's fans that supported him)

He is just finishing up the Swiss Elite playoffs. This season he posted 17 goals and 52 assists in 48 games although I'm not too sure how he did n the post-season. At the North American level I think he did extremely well for his size-and draft selection. He was a PPG player in the AHL. In the NHL he actually didn't do too bad.. 30 pts in 64 games.

The problem was that people (including Oiler's staff) assumed he was supposed to be the second coming of Forsberg. They forget they he was like a late 7th round pick and will always be a second and third line tweener. I think that he is a better version of Wellwood. He is actually smaller than welly but has the same hockey IQ. Although he is terribly small, if you ever saw him play along the boards you would be impressed. The guy can be a bit cocky but man can he dominate with the puck. There are some questions about his defensive zone coverage but I think part of that was due to the fact that his transition to North America was meh.. lets just say I don't think he was coached well in Edmonton. This year in the Swiss Elite he is a +18 and even kills some penalties.

I think Edmonton has given up on him and he would come extremely cheap. I think he could be had for as little as a 5-6th round pick. Having a guy like him and tobi on the powerplay would be extremely deadly. Come to think of it I think he would have tons of success playing with Olli.. but then again everyone can have success playing with Olli.

Anyhow what do you guys think, and for those of you are extremely anti Omark, I am sorry I mentioned his name again. Just a thought..
I would be happy to have him, especially if he came on the cheap. Also I want Smid!!

truck is online now  
Old
02-28-2013, 10:44 AM
  #739
Damascus
Registered User
 
Damascus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 512
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I would be happy to have him, especially if he came on the cheap. Also I want Smid!!
I want him just for the name. I love hearing the broadcasters say Smid. My sister actually made a drinking game with his name.

Damascus is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 10:56 AM
  #740
almostawake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
Would anyone have interest in O'mark? (YEAH that's right, I was one of those Oiler's fans that supported him)

He is just finishing up the Swiss Elite playoffs. This season he posted 17 goals and 52 assists in 48 games although I'm not too sure how he did n the post-season. At the North American level I think he did extremely well for his size-and draft selection. He was a PPG player in the AHL. In the NHL he actually didn't do too bad.. 30 pts in 64 games.

The problem was that people (including Oiler's staff) assumed he was supposed to be the second coming of Forsberg. They forget they he was like a late 7th round pick and will always be a second and third line tweener. I think that he is a better version of Wellwood. He is actually smaller than welly but has the same hockey IQ. Although he is terribly small, if you ever saw him play along the boards you would be impressed. The guy can be a bit cocky but man can he dominate with the puck. There are some questions about his defensive zone coverage but I think part of that was due to the fact that his transition to North America was meh.. lets just say I don't think he was coached well in Edmonton. This year in the Swiss Elite he is a +18 and even kills some penalties.

I think Edmonton has given up on him and he would come extremely cheap. I think he could be had for as little as a 5-6th round pick. Having a guy like him and tobi on the powerplay would be extremely deadly. Come to think of it I think he would have tons of success playing with Olli.. but then again everyone can have success playing with Olli.

Anyhow what do you guys think, and for those of you are extremely anti Omark, I am sorry I mentioned his name again. Just a thought..
Watched him play a few times in CH this year. He's best off staying in Europe in my opinion. The style of play, particularly in the NLA, suits his skill set better and he's making good money there.

I think he'd have to be guaranteed a roster spot in advance to considering coming back to NA and it's not worth it IMO.

almostawake is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 11:18 AM
  #741
Rheged
JMFT
 
Rheged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 888
vCash: 50
Linus Omark would be Tim Stapleton 2.0 here.

Not to say that he isn't capable of being a top-6 point producer, but I don't see our coaching staff playing him as such, and I'm not sure that the good (points he put up) would outweigh the bad (defensive lapses).

His style of play, much like Timmy's, is better suited for European hockey.

Rheged is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 12:07 PM
  #742
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 2,456
vCash: 500
No interest in Omark.

Bob E is online now  
Old
02-28-2013, 12:52 PM
  #743
Jet
Moderator
Confirmed Pav Basher
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Posts: 16,227
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
Would anyone have interest in O'mark? (YEAH that's right, I was one of those Oiler's fans that supported him)

He is just finishing up the Swiss Elite playoffs. This season he posted 17 goals and 52 assists in 48 games although I'm not too sure how he did n the post-season. At the North American level I think he did extremely well for his size-and draft selection. He was a PPG player in the AHL. In the NHL he actually didn't do too bad.. 30 pts in 64 games.

The problem was that people (including Oiler's staff) assumed he was supposed to be the second coming of Forsberg. They forget they he was like a late 7th round pick and will always be a second and third line tweener. I think that he is a better version of Wellwood. He is actually smaller than welly but has the same hockey IQ. Although he is terribly small, if you ever saw him play along the boards you would be impressed. The guy can be a bit cocky but man can he dominate with the puck. There are some questions about his defensive zone coverage but I think part of that was due to the fact that his transition to North America was meh.. lets just say I don't think he was coached well in Edmonton. This year in the Swiss Elite he is a +18 and even kills some penalties.

I think Edmonton has given up on him and he would come extremely cheap. I think he could be had for as little as a 5-6th round pick. Having a guy like him and tobi on the powerplay would be extremely deadly. Come to think of it I think he would have tons of success playing with Olli.. but then again everyone can have success playing with Olli.

Anyhow what do you guys think, and for those of you are extremely anti Omark, I am sorry I mentioned his name again. Just a thought..
I felt that Omark didn't work out for the Oilers because they have way too many of that mold of player and he was just the lesser of those players.

If he was cheap I'd take him for sure. He wouldn't be as positionally or defensively responsible as Wellwood but I think he'd be a more consistent offensive option. We could use him on the PP and in the shootout

__________________
The Jets rollercoaster ride is now over. Please wait for it to come to a complete stop before exiting
Jet is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 10:21 PM
  #744
Kane9Swag
Registered User
 
Kane9Swag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Let's assume where there is smoke, there's fire with potential Buff and Hainsey trade rumors.

Once Toby is back, would you like the following deals?

1. Buff to Philly for:
Voracek+Gervais+2013 1st rd pick

2. Hainsey to Blues for:
2013 1st rd pick (blues)

3. Antropov to ?? for pick(s).

4. Wellwood to ?? for pick(s).

That would leave:

Kane/Burmi/Voracek
Ladd/Little/Wheeler
Wright/Jokinen/Peluso
Tangradi/Slater/Thorbs
Mittens

Toby/Bogo
Clitsome/Gervais
Stuart/Postma
Meech
and... maybe Trouba

Pavs/Montoya

And... multiple 1st rd picks in 2013 (three), and more later rd picks in 2013 or 2014. If the Jets do sign Trouba, to join the team this spring, then I think I might be okay with these types of moves, though our D is pretty thin. Though, Buff has been in and out of the line-up. No guarantees he stays healthy during a playoff push, either.

Thoughts?

Edit: plus the 3 potential 1st rd picks this year could ALL be potential lottery picks. Potentially, one could be 1st overall, but there's a chance all three are in top 14. So odds of grabbing a potential future top pairing dman (either Jones, Pullock, Nurse, Zadorov, or RR) AND a top 6 forward (likely either Monahan, Lindholm, Shinkaruk or Nichushkin) would be pretty good. Course, there's also the chance those 3 picks are #16+ as well. Though, having 3 gives some flexibility to move up on draft day.
If this happens, how would this sound as another huge trade.

Wheeler + Draft Picks [from Antropov + Wellwood] for Mike Richards. That might not be enough, so we could add somebody from the system to this deal and if it does... Could this actually happen?

Kane9Swag is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 10:26 PM
  #745
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,867
vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane9Swag View Post
If this happens, how would this sound as another huge trade.

Wheeler + Draft Picks [from Antropov + Wellwood] for Mike Richards. That might not be enough, so we could add somebody from the system to this deal and if it does... Could this actually happen?
Richards is a legitimate top 6 forward, to be sure. However, remember that he didn't exactly light it up in LA without his buddy Carter there. I'd shy away from any trade regarding him for that reason.

DespoticNewt is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 10:53 PM
  #746
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 2,456
vCash: 500
Hope the Jets can add a veteran dman. Depth is always a good thing.

Bob E is online now  
Old
03-01-2013, 03:04 AM
  #747
Inflict
Viking
 
Inflict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
Not sure if this has been discussed before or not, but what does everyone think of the chances of us moving up or acquiring a second 1st round pick this year? We have a several draft picks which we can utilize for this.

Or would we be better off just keeping our picks and go for the quantity over quality approach and hope we get lucky? Personally, I would like to move up in the draft if at all possible and acquire a second 1st round pick if that is not an option.

Edit: To provide some perspective, we have six picks in the first three rounds.

Inflict is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 07:28 AM
  #748
viper0220
Go Jets Go
 
viper0220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed before or not, but what does everyone think of the chances of us moving up or acquiring a second 1st round pick this year? We have a several draft picks which we can utilize for this.

Or would we be better off just keeping our picks and go for the quantity over quality approach and hope we get lucky? Personally, I would like to move up in the draft if at all possible and acquire a second 1st round pick if that is not an option.

Edit: To provide some perspective, we have six picks in the first three rounds.

To get another top five pick, we would have to sell off roster and that means missing the playoffs. Check out top pick or playoffs thread. People want to make the playoffs and I kind of now agree with.

viper0220 is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 08:09 AM
  #749
Inflict
Viking
 
Inflict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
To get another top five pick, we would have to sell off roster and that means missing the playoffs. Check out top pick or playoffs thread. People want to make the playoffs and I kind of now agree with.
When I said that we should "move up" I was implying that it would be a draft day/week trade. I'm also against trading away assets, but we have a wealth of draft picks to use to move up if possible.

Inflict is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 08:19 AM
  #750
viper0220
Go Jets Go
 
viper0220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
When I said that we should "move up" I was implying that it would be a draft day/week trade. I'm also against trading away assets, but we have a wealth of draft picks to use to move up if possible.

We have a wealth of draft picks but to move up in this deep draft it will take a lot.


Last edited by viper0220: 03-01-2013 at 09:29 AM.
viper0220 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.