2013 OHL Priority Selection Prospects Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2013, 10:28 PM
chewerjones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
In The O Radio basically confirmed they were in, but of course, nothing's official until it's announced.
The other GTHL teams look to be Jr. Canadiens (invite), Marlboros (qualified), Rebels (qualified), and Red Wings (invite).

I also like Marner, not that it matters.
I could see some team really falling in love with him and taking him at the tail end of the first.
Very much looking forward to seeing him at the OHL Cup.
Thanks jfb392

Old
02-28-2013, 10:31 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowswhattowatch View Post
Why is mapleleafs own quote keep getting erased. Its what he said. No bashing, just his own opinion being reversed 180 degrees.
Things change over time, the more things are noticed the more u watch a player. Many people here and in person have echoed my sentiments. Ive posted my updated thoughts on him. We disagree on this, Im moving on.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:34 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Thank you Chewer, just don't like when anyone talks out of both sides of there mouth. Some people are making a living off of certain sites. Some peolpe read those opinions and take them as gospil as can be seen by a reply from a bulls fan. Some people subscribe to those services and in many cases are shown in a different light. I just wanted Mapleleaf to explain how his own posts can vary so vastly in a few months.
just to explain myself, i have not seen Marner play in person! But seen him on tape, i said before that i would love to see him on the big ice. But there has been other posters other than Mapleleaf that also said that Marner has to work on his own end. Thats it!

Old
02-28-2013, 10:38 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Thankfully the thread got cleaned up!!

Does anyone know who is going to be on the Hockey Elite team from the US at the OHL CUP?

Michigan State tournament is March 11-17. Compuware will be there, will not be at the OHL cup.
Players like Donovan Ott, Jeremy Bracco, Nolan Aibel, Chase Pearson plus some 98's.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:43 PM
LKF

Agree to disagree, very few negative comments on this forum about Marner. Search the archives if youu like. Nice thing is tape doesn't lie. Nice of you to have watched. Bulls seem to have a great program in place. Hopefully you guys continue your great run.

Rarely see any Bulls scouts in the G? How do they do there recuiting?

Last edited by OHLFan8771: 02-28-2013 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Flaming
Old
02-28-2013, 10:46 PM
LKF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Players like Donovan Ott, Jeremy Bracco, Nolan Aibel, Chase Pearson plus some 98's.
Tiger has the OHF ever considered allowing top Ontario players who dont qualify for the OHL cup make an allstar team like the US or Northern programs are doing? IF so what are the stumbling blocks.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:46 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
just to explain myself, i have not seen Marner play in person! But seen him on tape, i said before that i would love to see him on the big ice. But there has been other posters other than Mapleleaf that also said that Marner has to work on his own end. Thats it!
I understand what you are saying, but they are stil 15. There are NHLers making $7-$8 million per year that dont know where their own zone is ( SEmin,Ovechkin, ........)

Not everybody can be a Datsyuk or Crosby.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Tiger has the OHF ever considered allowing top Ontario players who dont qualify for the OHL cup make an allstar team like the US or Northern programs are doing? IF so what are the stumbling blocks.
Its an OHL sanctioned tournament, it would have to come from them.

The reason is that OHL Central Scouting and OHL team scouts have seen the OMHA/Alliance/GTHL/OEMHL teams upwards of 30 times a year. Whats the point of seeing them again, especially when the top 15 teams from those leagues are already invited.

Very few scouts see the GNML players, very few scouts get to see the US players. Remember, its about what the OHL and its teams what, they want to see these players, so they receive invites.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:50 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Agree to disagree, very few negative comments on this forum about Marner. Search the archives if youu like. Only Mapleleaf and Lovtowatch negatiive. Nice thing is tape doesn't lie. Nice of you to have watched. Bulls seem to have a great program in place. Hopefully you guys continue your great run.

That sort of Shocks me! They usually select there first few picks from the TO area.
Do you have any thoughts on who we should take in the first?

Old
02-28-2013, 10:51 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
That sort of Shocks me! They usually select there first few picks from the TO area.
Do you have any thoughts on who we should take in the first?
Barclay Branch is always in the GTA. He may not be at every game, but as you can see in the draft history, hes there enough to get a read on players. Usually it only takes 5-6 viewing to get a solid read.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:52 PM
LKF

makes sense, but some of the wildcard teams will have limited talent, just thought may be an opportunity to put skilled kids together for them to see one last time but under a different light. thanks for the quick response.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:55 PM
LKF

Tiger is Barclay ingogneto? LOL, honestly i don't recall seeing a Bulls jacket in a rink this year. Does he wear his team colours?

Old
02-28-2013, 10:55 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
I understand what you are saying, but they are stil 15. There are NHLers making $7-$8 million per year that dont know where their own zone is ( SEmin,Ovechkin, ........)

Not everybody can be a Datsyuk or Crosby.
Hey, i couldn't agree with u more! If Marner is the guy? More power to George and his staff, they would have to think the player would be easily coached thou.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:56 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
makes sense, but some of the wildcard teams will have limited talent, just thought may be an opportunity to put skilled kids together for them to see one last time but under a different light. thanks for the quick response.
If you have already seen them play upwards of 30 times, whats the point? No matter what the OHL did, there would always be another group of players/parents that would say 'why not us'. The OHL Cup is important, but its not like talent players will be ignored because they don't play there, the draft history shows its the exact opposite. The Combine is for the 'last look' players.

Last edited by Tigers1992: 02-28-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old
02-28-2013, 11:00 PM
ImaBullsfan

Barclay has been on the road alot this year scouting. He hasnt been at alot of home games at all.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:01 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Agree to disagree, very few negative comments on this forum about Marner. Search the archives if you like. Nice thing is tape doesn't lie. Nice of you to have watched. Bulls seem to have a great program in place. Hopefully you guys continue your great run.

Your confusing negative, with an honest assessment. Marner has good skill and vision, top speed is not above average, good puck skills, good playmaker. Its everything that involves physical play like hard forecheck, engaging players in front of your own net, winning puck battles in the corners are things that need to develop. Its a size and strength issue. This player played up with the 96's a few years ago, because of skill, sent down in later years because of size difference. It is what it is. First round is highly unlikely.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:01 PM
chewerjones

In my experience, the OHL cup doesnt really alter the decisions of the OHL teams. Their choices are usually decided before the cup. JMO

Old
02-28-2013, 11:12 PM
LKF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Your confusing negative, with an honest assessment. Marner has good skill and vision, top speed is not above average, good puck skills, good playmaker. Its everything that involves physical play like hard forecheck, engaging players in front of your own net, winning puck battles in the corners are things that need to develop. Its a size and strength issue. This player played up with the 96's a few years ago, because of skill, sent down in later years because of size difference. It is what it is. First round is highly unlikely.
Everyone sees players in different light. You stated earlier Marners high compete level, going to tough areas of the ice... That didnt change but he did grow 3-4 inches. The one thing you said needed to change. dont need to debate this with you anymore, you lost all credibility with me. We will see in April. If he goes first or second round goood for him. If not its what happens in 3 years that matters.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:16 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Everyone sees players in different light. You stated earlier Marners high compete level, going to tough areas of the ice... That didnt change but he did grow 3-4 inches. The one thing you said needed to change. dont need to debate this with you anymore, you lost all credibility with me. We will see in April. If he goes first or second round goood for him. If not its what happens in 3 years that matters.
He does have a high compete level. He floats in my opinion though, circling the zone wanting to pick it up at full speed to get away. U can go to tough areas , I didnt say he was fully engaged with players. Its not possible right now.

3-4 inches? In 3 months? I watched him 2 weeks ago. He looks 5-7 and quite skinny. Im sure u think he is 6-1 205.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:30 PM
LKF

Lets just agree to leave Marner off your critiquing for now. You have your opinion, I have mine. Time will tell. But when you are wrong dont be a bandwagon jumper. Chewer is driving that wagon.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:32 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Lets just agree to leave Marner off your critiquing for now. You have your opinion, I have mine. Time will tell. But when you are wrong dont be a bandwagon jumper. Chewer is driving that wagon.
I will critique any player until April 6th.

Parents/Family should just let the kids play, it should be the players dream first and foremost.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:56 AM
PetesFan94

I think Marner is probably better suited for the NCAA game... It will be interesting to see what teams are willing to take the risk/chance that he adds a few inches and/or pounds. We will all find out in a little over a months time!!

Although Lino Martschini was a fan favourite and did very well in Peterborough. He was 5'5 150lbs.

Last edited by PetesFan94: 03-01-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old
03-01-2013, 08:39 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
What has Ryan Strome done? No World Junior GOLD. NO OHL Championships, or Mem Cups. Only a leading scorer in the OHL. Cant even sniff a regular shift on a bottom feeder like the Islanders.

Last time I checked, Justin Azevedo won the OHL Scoring Race, and where is he.

Bushnell is a big tough kid, but very limited hockey skills. He will become a fighter and may play in the NHL.
So That makes Tyler Seguin and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins busts?

Old
03-01-2013, 09:33 AM
ImaBullsfan

Is there any highly rated players from the Ottawa region? Teams like the bulls, fronts and petes like to select near home.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:07 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Is there any highly rated players from the Ottawa region? Teams like the bulls, fronts and petes like to select near home.
Brett Mackenzie is originally from Ottawa, played for the Eastern Ontario Wild. He plays for Oakville this year.

Closed Thread