HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adam Hall has just been traded in a three team deal...

Old
07-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Adam Hall has just been traded in a three team deal...

Details on the trade have not been mentioned. I just heard it on 1045 the zone...Nashville's radio affiliate. I'm going to scour for some info as we speak!

UPDATE:

To New York : Adam Hall
To Pittsburgh: Libor Pivko and Dominic Moore
To Nashville : Pittsburgh 3rd round selection.

Last edited by Enoch: 07-19-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 04:36 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Hey, we've been saying all offseason Hall and Walker were the odd men out. No shock, however, looks like Radulov might be here next year.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I agree. My speculation this is for an upgrade on the back end as both Poile AND Trotz said that the youth is the only area of weakness on this team, specifically the defensive core.

I would provide more information, but I have seen nothing on the net, and only just heard it on the zone as a tease by Willy.

Old
07-19-2006, 04:41 PM
CoachWithNoTeam

any idea who the other two teams are?

CoachWithNoTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Thundermare

Don't know but hope Mtl is inthere

Thundermare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Pattypred

From the Preds main website:

Preds Deal With Rangers, Pens

July 19, 2006

Nashville, Tenn. – Nashville Predators Executive Vice President/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club acquired forward Dominic Moore from the New York Rangers for forward Adam Hall. The Predators then acquired a third-round choice in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft from the Pittsburgh Penguins for Moore and forward Libor Pivko (LEE-bohr PEEV-koh).

The Predators now have eight selections in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, including two in the third round.

Hall, 25 (8/14/80), appeared in 75 games for the Predators in 2005-06 and registered 29 points (14g-15a). The Kalamazoo, Mich. native has posted 85 points (43g-42a) in 234 games with Nashville since breaking into the NHL in 2002-03.

Moore, 25 (8/3/80), posted 18 points (9g-9a) in 82 games with the Rangers this past season. The Thornhill, Ont. native has registered nine goals and 12 assists (9g-12a-21pts) in 87 career NHL games with New York.

Pivko, 26 (3/29/80), notched 69 points (12g-57a) in 69 games in 2005-06 with the Predators’ primary developmental affiliate, the Milwaukee Admirals of the American Hockey League. A native of Novy Vicin, Czech Republic, Pivko made his NHL debut with the Predators on November 24, 2003 at Colorado.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 04:50 PM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
Don't know but hope Mtl is inthere
Pens & NYR

SprootsMasterFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 04:55 PM
Levitate

can you guys tell us anything about Hall?

He's got size and a bit of a scoring touch it seems...does he play a two-way game? Play physical? Can he PK? Play different positions?

Thanks

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Thundermare

Hall for Moore is a bad trade if you ask me

Then Moore and Pivko for a 3rd is even worst...

so Hall and Pivko for a 3rd rounder

Dons't makes any sense at all

Thundermare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 05:00 PM
muddycreek*

I furgered Hall was likely gone BUT we did not get SESRDT for him! We got screwed!

muddycreek* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 05:01 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
can you guys tell us anything about Hall?

He's got size and a bit of a scoring touch it seems...does he play a two-way game? Play physical? Can he PK? Play different positions?

Thanks
He's about as physical as Legwand.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

welcome to the fold Alexander Radulov

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 05:14 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

I'm too sober for this week so far. The rights to Hall and Pivko for a 3rd round pick. OK Poile ....... what are you scheming?

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
I thought Pivko was going back to Europe anyway...and Hall, well, his worth had been disputed. This pretty much proves he was worth a 3rd rounder.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Most of us have been saying that Adam Hall was worth a high third round pick to low second rounder. I'm just surprised that we had to flip a mid to low level prospect to get what might end up being the 10th selection in the third round. Hopefully the Penguins will continue to be bad this year.....

Still, we knew Hall was likely gone, especially with the arbitration hearings so this was to be expected. Still shocking to see it go through, and even more shocking to see that our concerns on his value where completely correct.

Old
07-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Umm...wow...didn't see this coming...not after Trotz said yesterday that he believed we had the roster we were going to enter training camp with.

I've always liked Domenic Moore and saw him during his time in Hartford. I agree with the poster above that I think he can put up better offensive numbers if not playing with Ortmeyer and Hollweg. He is an excellent penalty killer (was always a threat for a shorthanded breakaway when with Hartford), good on faceoffs, and defensively responsible. The main knocks on him were his size and how easy he was knocked off the puck (which I saw really get bad after the Bertuzzi incident with his brother Steve). I was actually pretty excited when I saw he was coming to Nashville, granted I really had no idea where he was going to fit in with the acquistion of Vasicek yesterday.

Hall and Walker were both the odd men out this summer in Nashville and although I didn't expect to see both traded, I'm not overly surprised. I think Hall will excel with the Rangers and wish him a lot of luck. Paired with Ortmeyer the two of them will not put up too many points, but should be very effective as a checking line.

Pivko notified the Predators at the end of last season that he would be heading to Europe this season and I'm personally not surprised to see him gone as he was not going to get an opportunity as a winger here.

Overall, I think that the Penguins made out good, maybe even best if they can get Pivko to play in the AHL or even compete for a spot in Pittsburgh. Hall will pay immediate dividends for the Rangers and will become a fan favorite IMO with his defensive play. The Predators...they cleared space on the wing for Radulov, Tootoo, and Upshall over the past two days and I think if Radulov needs time in the AHL to start next season, then I would look for Patrick Leahy (who has been billed as a Adam Hall clone with less offense) to battle for the spot previously reserved for Hall. Also, the Predators might be using this as a way to move Smithson to the wing and have Fiddler or Nichol serve as our fourth line center.

I wasn't expecting really more than a third or a fourth round pick for Adam Hall. He is a good player, but not a great player...at least he hasn't shown that yet. This is a salary dump move in many ways. Hall was headed to arbitration and didn't even have a spot on the projected opening night roster. The Predators used this opportunity to move the player to the other conference (same with Walker) and pickup what should still be a relatively high third round pick.

Better than nothing for Nashville, but clearly they look like the losers in this deal because of the lack of anything really tanigble coming back their way. Remember too that Poile has a tendency to trade away picks in years when he thinks the draft is weak and stockpiles picks when he believes the draft is deep.

This week so far has really reminded me that as a fan you must be a fan of the franchise and not solely a fan of the players because this is a business and they come and go without warning.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Jarnberg

It would have been nice to see Hall involved some type of package for a defenseman. Adam Hall didn't score a lot of goals, but he seemed to always score them at great times.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Awful trade Pivko and Hall for a 3rd rounder

I guess Radulov is ready; cause he better be.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:22 PM
FangFingers

Look at it this way, if Polie was going to let Hall walk after arbitration, which seems likely, then we just picked up a high 3rd rounder for Libor Pivko, and cleared some cap room.

FangFingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Wally112pac

Looks like it's 100% that Upshall is on the team. And Radulov just had a spot open for him too.

Wally112pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:58 PM
PredsMan

not sad to see we moved hall, but i think we got hosed on this deal

PredsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 07:46 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Ouch. There isn't much to like about the last two trades in Nashville if you ask me. The only plus I could find in the Walker trade was a bigger role on the team for Hall. But with Hall being traded for a pick, that plus is out the window.

misfit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 07:56 PM
PredsMan

poile must have felt he owed something to Sather ever since he stole Zidlicky from him, and he too Dunham's crummy contract.

PredsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
as an outsider looking in, I woulda thought you guys could get more for Hall.

Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Anyone think that because we just opened up about $1 million in our self-imposed budget that we might see one of our other RFA's signed to a multi-year contract in the near future?

We still have Martin Erat, David Legwand, and Scott Hartnell heading to arbitration and have to resign Dan Hamhuis still as well. I would like to see all four of them getting multi-year contracts if possible and I think this opens up a little more room in the budget for that to happen by moving two players that no longer fit into our plans.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote