HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Dominic Moore traded for Adam Hall

Old
07-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
He should help their penalty kill. And get decent minutes on the 3rd or 4th line. I can't even name any of Pittsburgh's centers other than Crosby, Malkin and Talbot. Oh and Malone at times I guess.
Still not sure Moore stays at Center.

Even with him gone, I think he could be very useful as a LW instead.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:21 PM
HAPPY HOUR

In regards to Moores Salary Arb. with the Rangers ,I guess Slats called Doms agent and told him to "forget aboot it"...

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:33 PM
bk3nj

I'm not sure what I can add that hasn't already been said in this thread, but what a great little trade! Obviously it's not a huge acquisition, but it's exciting to be able to get some decent value (and, from what Edge believes, perhaps more than that) back for a player who probably wouldn't have had a job in the fall anyway...

What a pleasant surprise after a long day at work.

bk3nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:38 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I guess the wild card in all of this is maybe this is a precursor to another move.

I had the same feeling and after dropping by on Rodent's sight there may be truth to the old saying where there is smoke there is fire. As Ro mentions we are sitting very comfortably with about $6M to spend. I think Slats is sitting still like the cat sizing up the little pretty bird.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:43 PM
CJB

A very good trade. A north south powerforward type of player in Adam Hall, still inconsistent though.

CJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:53 PM
DarthSather99

I have LOVED Dom Moore. He did all the little things in a game to give the rangers a chance to win. Saying that, I still LOVE this trade. Hall was a guy I wanted the rangers to pick in 99 (I believe).

Great pickup by the Rangers.

BTW: I'm not surprised Moore fetched us a decent return and was in demand.

Last edited by DarthSather99: 07-19-2006 at 06:56 PM. Reason: add content
DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:57 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
I have LOVED Dom Moore. He did all the little things in a game to give the rangers a chance to win. Saying that, I still LOVE this trade. Hall was a guy I wanted the rangers to pick in 99 (I believe).

It would have been nice if he fell to us in the second round in '99. Couldnt be worse than David Inman, who I believe is currently employed as Edge's butler, repaying years of Edge sticking up for him.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
It would have been nice if he fell to us in the second round in '99. Couldnt be worse than David Inman, who I believe is currently employed as Edge's butler, repaying years of Edge sticking up for him.
I don't remember really sticking up for him per say.

The story always was putting the talent to use which he never did enough of.

I honestly don't remember beating a drum for him that much.

Old
07-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post

BTW: I'm not surprised Moore fetched us a decent return and was in demand.
Well right now it's two players about the same age, both heading for arbitration, who are third line players.

Essentially right now it's a third line center for a third line winger.

The real question is where both go from here: Does Moore have more offensive upside? Does Hall?

Could be interesting.

Old
07-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Good pickup, an American too.

07-19-2006, 07:04 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I don't remember really sticking up for him per say.

The story always was putting the talent to use which he never did enough of.

I honestly don't remember beating a drum for him that much.

I do remember you touting Hall back in 1999. Chris Kelly was another kid you were high on.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 07:10 PM
CJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Well right now it's two players about the same age, both heading for arbitration, who are third line players.

Essentially right now it's a third line center for a third line winger.

The real question is where both go from here: Does Moore have more offensive upside? Does Hall?

Could be interesting.
I think Dominic Moore has a higher offensive upside than what he showed last season. I think the role that he played last season was strictly to play defense first and an offense would be a bonus. Somebody had to play that role last season, and Moore did just that to help this team improve its overall defense.

As for Hall, I dont know. But he adds a little more grit and toughness to the forward ranks, who can chip in at both sides, meaning play defense and chip in some goals. I like what he brings to this Rangers team.

CJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 07:14 PM
NYR469

good deal for the rangers. we got a better player with better upside...i figured dom was gone when he filed for arbitration. from what i've read though he isn't physical as his size suggests...

as for line combos, one of the great things about the guys we have added is the flexibility that it gives us. cullen can play either center or wing on the 2nd or 3rd lines, prucha can play either wing on any of the top 3 lines, straka can play center or wing on the 1st or 2nd line. ward filled in at center when betts was out and did a good job so he can play center or wing. hollweg can play center or wing. shanahan can play on the 1st or 2nd lines...

so there is lots of flexibilty which one is great cause it creates extra depth if guys get hurt we can shift guys around to fill in easily and second its great cause when dawes, immonen, helminen, greg moore, dubinsky, etc come to came to fight for roster spots none of them are really being blocked. there isn't room for all of them but the ability to shift all the forwards around means that any of those kids can make the team if they earn a spot and then the lines can be adjusted accordingly.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Fletch

Moore does have a higher offensive upside...

if you give him decent PP time and ice time with players not named Orr, Ortmeyer and Hollweg. He could score 15 or so goals. The question would be, are there others to whom you'd rather give that ice time? Last season, the answer was yes. This season, it would've been a bigger yes. Perhaps with PITT he plays with some more offensively talented players and can increase his goal and assist output. I wish him luck.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 07:22 PM
shoothepuck
NY Raiders AMNRL

Good trade NY added size and had to move some lower center.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I fess up to the David Inman thing. I stood up for him and even wrote an article about him a number of years back here.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:02 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Your not the only one. I thought Inman and Nathan Martz were going to be players.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Here's a link to my old Inman article, actually...

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=4975

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:07 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

LOVE this move. Taking the scoring question out of the debate (although I personally think that Hall has much more upside because of the kind of player he is), and we've added size, strength and versatility over the roster we had yesterday - with no change in age. (And I think the added versatility is going to be a bigger asset than people realize.)

Now THIS is the kind of power forward I like - he fights when necessary, but is first and foremost a good hockey player.

Like others have said though, I see at least one more deal before the season opener.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Levitate

the thing about Moore, IMO, was that he never was consistant with his offensive effort. Maybe he abandoned it to concentrate on defense, but it seemed like he'd flash some offense for a game or two and then dissapear for the next month or so.

If he showed consistant effort on offense, I'd look a lot more kindly on him. I think he's a good player, he just needs to push it more.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:09 PM
pld459666

I have to say that I'm liking this move.

Hall is a budding power forward with 2nd line potential, a big kid that is not afraid to get to the net and stay there.

I like Moore, a solid 3rd liner and tenacious PK'er, but this is an upgrade in my opinion.

solid trade.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:11 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan View Post
LOVE this move. Taking the scoring question out of the debate (although I personally think that Hall has much more upside because of the kind of player he is), and we've added size, strength and versatility over the roster we had yesterday - with no change in age. (And I think the added versatility is going to be a bigger asset than people realize.)

Now THIS is the kind of power forward I like - he fights when necessary, but is first and foremost a good hockey player.

Like others have said though, I see at least one more deal before the season opener.
Go read Rodent's latest, he agrees.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:11 PM
DarthSather99

I fess up to being on the Martz bandwagon ....

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Well, I just got home from work and saw the headline "Hall heads to Rangers in three team deal" and my immediate reaction was SWEET. I quickly began to figure out who we possibly could have dealt for him and was almost sure it was going to be Rozsival. I would have been happy with a Hall for Rozsival deal. As it turns out, all they gave up is Dominic Moore. In my mind this is a solid trade for our team right now and great asset management by the Rangers. We move a player that is a dime a dozen in our organization and add a big, North American winger who's still quite young and plays a power forward game. It really wouldn't surprise me to see Hall score 20-25 goals this year. Sometimes a change of scenery is all a player needs to jumpstart his career.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:22 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Go read Rodent's latest, he agrees.
Hey, Rodent was one of the "others"...

Man oh man, for as much as I hated Sather's moves up until the '04 deadline, since then almost every decision coming out of the GMs office (drafts, trades, FAs) has been bang-on. Damn.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote