HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL 2012-13 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2013, 11:15 PM
xX Hot Fuss

vCash: 500
Reference point, if you add the Hawks and Ducks losses together (3 + 4) they have fewer loses than almost any two teams in the NHL combined

Old
02-28-2013, 11:24 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
If O'Reilly plays the rest of the season(30 or so games) and an entire 82 games with the Colorado Avalanche and still refuses to negotiate in good faith then he is a bigger dbag than I thought.

Still can't believe he weaseled his way into a 5 mil a year deal after scoring 55 points and 28 points the year before.

TJ Oshie signed 1 year, 2.5 mil deal after his entry level and then proved himself again and they gave him a 5 year, 4.2 mil deal.

David Perron signed a 2 year, 2.15 mil per deal after his entry level deal. He was rewarded with a 4 year, 3.8 mil per deal.

Joe Pavelski signed a 4 year, 4 mil per deal after his entry level deal.

Ryan Kesler signed a 3 year, 1.75 mil per deal and proved himself, then got a 6 year, 5 mil per deal for his efforts.

Patrick Sharp signed a 4 year, 3.9 mil per deal and earned a 5 year, 5.9 mil per deal after that.

Max Pacioretty signed a 2 year, 1.65 mil contract and then was awarded a 6 year, 4.5 mil contract that kicks in next year.

I really haven't looked very hard, but I don't remember any comparables to O'Reilly that got this much money on their 2nd contract when it was only 2 years. Ryan O'Reilly isn't a Kane, Toews, Kopitar, Backstrom, Stamkos, Tavares type player that skips the 2nd contract to go to a long term money contract. He is a baby IMO and ******** because the Avs told him his real value.
lol, not really. he got what he wanted in the end, what does he care?

Old
02-28-2013, 11:31 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
How ****ing dumb are the Avs for matching this thing. Passed up a 1st and 3rd in one of the best drafts in years

Old
02-28-2013, 11:52 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Guess I missed the offer sheet and the match. ROR is really a Dave Bolland type of player. A bit pricey.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:53 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

ROR is a good deal better on the offensive end than Bolland. Although I'd agree the deal is a tad on the expensive side.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:08 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
How ****ing dumb are the Avs for matching this thing. Passed up a 1st and 3rd in one of the best drafts in years
RoR is worth more, you could do this draft 100 times and be lucky to get a player like him 5 times. Good match. I didn't think they would do it because of the money.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:34 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

ohh Avs, you will never learn. Take the picks and say goodbye. ROR isn't worth it.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:13 AM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

i know you guys are way on top of **** than I am, but look at the standings and tell me that Detroit doesn't have a loooooooong way to prove that they're a playoff team this year. Hardly beat the Kings even though they were up 1-0 until the third period.

They're not as good as they used to be. Brunner may be a 'consolation prize' for losing Lidstrom, Holmstrom and Stuart, but Cleary is going downhill and Abdelkader/Cleary/Helm aren't top 6 options and Kindl/Smith aren't quite there yet. Their forward corps are weak, their D is weak this year... Howard is alright but isn't going to be the difference maker in making that team.

Detroit might not make the playoffs this year (no guarantee next year). They better hope that Kindl/Sheahan/Jurco/Smith/Oulette make a difference in the next few years because, if not, they're not going anywhere.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:30 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

DET is nothing more than a fringe PO Team... that's why many are upset that we won't play them much in the future. Now it would be our turn to own them and all of a sudden they are gone

Old
03-01-2013, 07:00 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Tatar is going to be a player in this league. That kid is seriously talented.

Old
03-01-2013, 08:50 AM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
DET is nothing more than a fringe PO Team... that's why many are upset that we won't play them much in the future. Now it would be our turn to own them and all of a sudden they are gone
The Hawks can own them this year at least

Old
03-01-2013, 08:57 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
The Hawks can own them this year at least
It's not enough. I waited my whole childhood for this and now the league is just taking it out from underneath me.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:38 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
ohh Avs, you will never learn. Take the picks and say goodbye. ROR isn't worth it.
Is this a joke? They can turn around and trade him for more a year from now. If the idea is to move him, trade him.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:40 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Tatar is going to be a player in this league. That kid is seriously talented.
Definitely, always been high on him, not so much the other guys but Tatar is the next star they have been waiting for.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Illinihockey

If the Hawks win tonight, they can go 13-14 the rest of the way and win the central even if the Wings or Preds go 21-6

Old
03-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Illinihockey

John Scott actually landed a monster clean check last night before he fought Parros. I was shocked he was able to get himself in position to do so.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
If the Hawks win tonight, they can go 13-14 the rest of the way and win the central even if the Wings or Preds go 21-6
How many games do the Hawks need to win to eliminate CLB from winning the division? 3? I think there is a good chance that CLB will end up with fewer points than the Hawks currently have by the end of the season.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Cullksinikers

If the Hawks "need" to go 13-14 in that scenario, I have a question? Do they just need to get 26 more points in any fashion or does ROW have an impact?

I mean, in that scenario, is 12-12-2 just as good?

Old
03-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Cullksinikers

Oh, this is too funny. If Colorado decided not to match the ROR OS, he would have had to pass through waivers before potentially getting to Calgary. Calgary would have given up a (likely) lottery pick and a third-round pick for the chance to watch him get claimed on waivers by a random team. Feaster is an idiot.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Oh, this is too funny. If Colorado decided not to match the ROR OS, he would have had to pass through waivers before potentially getting to Calgary. Calgary would have given up a (likely) lottery pick and a third-round pick for the chance to watch him get claimed on waivers by a random team. Feaster is an idiot.
Why is this? Because it was done in season?

No doubt that would have been a lottery pick. Calgary would have still been a borderline playoff team with ROR.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:04 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Hmmm, it hadn't dawned on me at the time, but yeah, he did play with his brother in the KHL and technically players playing in another league would have to clear waivers but somehow I doubt that would have applied here. It would have been talked about throughout this holdout. Unless we all just had a major collective brain fart, which I doubt.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Why is this? Because it was done in season?

No doubt that would have been a lottery pick. Calgary would have still been a borderline playoff team with ROR.
I haven't heard a reason why he would have had to pass through waivers.

But what I'm saying is that Calgary, without O'Reilly, would have given Colorado a higher first-round pick, a third-round pick, and let O'Reilly go to a random team. I guarantee more than a few teams would have put in a claim on him.

And before anyone asks, no, the Hawks would never have wound up with him.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Hmmm, it hadn't dawned on me at the time, but yeah, he did play with his brother in the KHL and technically players playing in another league would have to clear waivers but somehow I doubt that would have applied here. It would have been talked about throughout this holdout. Unless we all just had a major collective brain fart, which I doubt.
This is what Sportsnet is reporting. However, he doesn't have to go through waivers since Colorado matched due to the fact they held his RFA rights or something along those lines.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
I haven't heard a reason why he would have had to pass through waivers.

But what I'm saying is that Calgary, without O'Reilly, would have given Colorado a higher first-round pick, a third-round pick, and let O'Reilly go to a random team. I guarantee more than a few teams would have put in a claim on him.

And before anyone asks, no, the Hawks would never have wound up with him.
I'm positive someone would have put a claim on him. How would Calgary not have know that ROR would have to pass through waivers? That team is run by a bunch of buffoons.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:11 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
This is what Sportsnet is reporting. However, he doesn't have to go through waivers since Colorado matched due to the fact they held his RFA rights or something along those lines.
Yeah, I mean, those are the rules. The question is are they different when you offersheet a player? Because if in fact they are not, it gives an unfair advantage to the club in the contract negotiation. "We aren't going to pay you what you want and you can't play in another league to stay fresh or make any money so play ball or sit on your ass at home doing nothing, making nothing and losing value and leverage." That seems really ****ed up if that is the case.

Closed Thread