HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When did Datsyuk get demoted to the 4th line?

Old
03-01-2013, 07:16 AM
SortaExtremist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Cleary is getting better. Slowly, but his play is picking up. Abdelkader's put the time and effort in at least to earn Babcock's trust, regardless. The line creates space for Datsyuk. Datsyuk + Space = Death for the other team. Look, Tatar is on the third line because every Wings prospect starts off in the bottom six. No ifs, ands, or buts. I find it Ironic that the "play the young guns" crowd argues they don't care where the young kids play, or how much TOI they get so long as they're playing. And then they cite Pavel Datsyuk playing on the bottom six to back up their arguments. And then the moment everything happens as predicted, they're ready to lynch management because their favorite young player isn't getting the TOI they think he deserves.
http://www.freepicturehosting.com/is...130228_010.jpg

Last edited by SortaExtremist: 03-01-2013 at 07:21 AM. Reason: wrong image
SortaExtremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:49 AM
skinneh
#FireHolland

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaExtremist View Post
Lol!! that is insane. I cannot handle any more games of Dats on the 4th line. Seriously! Get rid of Abby and bring up Nyquist.

skinneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:04 AM
JPE123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendricks433 View Post
Abs is that guy but Tootoo or Tatar isnt?
I would argue that if he doesn't want the young guy Tatar out there at least give him Tootoo. Tootoo is a pro and creates some real energy. I just don't see why Abby/Cleary are irreplaceable in Babs eyes

JPE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaExtremist View Post
Can you please repost it? It says "reached bandwidth limit."

Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:29 PM
SortaExtremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Can you please repost it? It says "reached bandwidth limit."
I'll post it when I get home. access is blocked at work lol.

SortaExtremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

This made me sick.

Dan Cleary : Misunderstood Hero

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:32 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
SBnation has bad articles sometimes.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 04:03 PM
SoupGuru

Quote:
Why would this make you sick? Why on earth would anyone else's opinion of a player make you ill? Do you also get sick when someone else likes hotdogs when you prefer hamburgers? Does it disgust you when people have opinions on other players too or is it just Cleary?

Some of you guys really need help. You're children.

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 04:20 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
Why would this make you sick? Why on earth would anyone else's opinion of a player make you ill? Do you also get sick when someone else likes hotdogs when you prefer hamburgers? Does it disgust you when people have opinions on other players too or is it just Cleary?

Your a wee bit too serious, lad.

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
do you also get sick when someone else likes hotdogs when you prefer hamburgers?
No but I feel that people that like ketchup on hotdogs are horrible.

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:00 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:

It's a dumbass opinion about something people feel passionately about,

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:10 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:
No but I feel that people that like ketchup on hotdogs are horrible.
That's not an opinion, Vladdy. That's a FACT.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:34 PM
SoupGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
It's a dumbass opinion about something people feel passionately about,
And that's what really bothers me. I don't know why any of you are so passionate about your dislike of some of our players. It's hatred. It's baffling. We're supposed to be fans. We can have opinions and disagree and even dislike some things, but to actually hate one of your own players is not right.

There's no prize for hating Cleary the most but yet it seems like you guys are trying to outdo each other. "I hate Cleary a lot!" "No, I hate Cleary more!" "I hate Cleary like I hate herpes!" Lately it's been a competition around here to see who can hate Cleary the most.

It's disgusting because it's "passionate".

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:35 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
And that's what really bothers me. I don't know why any of you are so passionate about your dislike of some of our players. It's hatred. It's baffling. We're supposed to be fans. We can have opinions and disagree and even dislike some things, but to actually hate one of your own players is not right.

There's no prize for hating Cleary the most but yet it seems like you guys are trying to outdo each other. "I hate Cleary a lot!" "No, I hate Cleary more!" "I hate Cleary like I hate herpes!" Lately it's been a competition around here to see who can hate Cleary the most.

Hating Babcock's decision to play Dan Cleary/Abdelkader =/= hating either player.

I'm sure there nice guys, just get them off Datsyuk's line.

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:38 PM
ricky0034

Quote:

I highly doubt herpes would negatively affect Datsyuk's game as much as Cleary does

ricky0034 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:

Yeah, but at least there are treatment options for herpes* , but to date, there is apparently no balm, ointment or other treatment able to remove Cleary from Datsyuk's line. The team would be much better off with ol' Danny flaring up solely on the 4th line and PK only.

(I swear I had to google that, and have no personal knowledge )

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:43 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:
He's the polar opposite of The Fading Bob! Or Captain Captain. Or whatever his name is these days. How many names have you had across Wings boards anyway? Tin, newsguyone, BigChiefChineseRestaurant, Edmund Fitzgerald, Captain Bob, The Fading Captain. I feel like I'm forgetting a couple.

Old
03-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
He's the polar opposite of The Fading Bob! Or Captain Captain. Or whatever his name is these days. How many names have you had across Wings boards anyway? Tin, newsguyone, BigChiefChineseRestaurant, Edmund Fitzgerald, Captain Bob, The Fading Captain. I feel like I'm forgetting a couple.
SmartestGuyonEarth, FranksRedHotLittleCaesarPizzaBowl, GerorgeWashingtonsNeighborCharley, PoopyfaceTomatoNose.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:48 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
SmartestGuyonEarth, FranksRedHotLittleCaesarPizzaBowl, GerorgeWashingtonsNeighborCharley, PoopyfaceTomatoNose.
Ah, see, I knew there were more. I'm just going to assume those are his LGW handles.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Syckle78

Quote:

That's incredibly offensive to compare hatred of herpes to hatred of Cleary. You owe herpes an apology.

Syckle78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:59 PM
DRWCountryClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
Yeah, but at least there are treatment options for herpes* , but to date, there is apparently no balm, ointment or other treatment able to remove Cleary from Datsyuk's line. The team would be much better off with ol' Danny flaring up solely on the 4th line and PK only.

(I swear I had to google that, and have no personal knowledge )
Gold.

DRWCountryClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Tomas W

I would agree that Tootoo deserves playing in the top six over: Abdelkader, Cleary and Franzen. Based on what I've seen (5 games, so perhaps not a great sample size), only Z D and Brunner is currently better at forward.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Kiddington
heehats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Ah, see, I knew there were more. I'm just going to assume those are his LGW handles.
Does that place still exist?

...wow, it does. Consider me surprised.

Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:39 PM
VeGor
Datsyuk

So the only remaining player from the 01-02 cup winning team is a fourth liner now?

VeGor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:17 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:

It's disgusting when people with low reading comprehension make up garbage about other people's opinions.

In your zest to gall people "disgusting," you totally created a strawman argument.

I don't hate Cleary. I don't want him on Datsyuk's line. Seeing him on Datsyuk's line is frustrating, as a fan. And I don't want him back.
I don't hate Abdelkader. I don't want him anywhere near the PP and Datsyuk's line.
He's a fourth liner. Period. In case of injuries, you move him up as far as you have to.

In this case, line 2 is way too far when you can still but Tatar on line 2.

Pavel Datsyuk is the #1 reason why I watch hockey games. Cleary and Abdelkader on line 2 is bad for the Red Wings, and it's bad for my enjoyment of the game.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote