HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When did Datsyuk get demoted to the 4th line?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-01-2013, 07:16 AM
  #76
SortaExtremist
Registered User
 
SortaExtremist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Country: Turkey
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Cleary is getting better. Slowly, but his play is picking up. Abdelkader's put the time and effort in at least to earn Babcock's trust, regardless. The line creates space for Datsyuk. Datsyuk + Space = Death for the other team. Look, Tatar is on the third line because every Wings prospect starts off in the bottom six. No ifs, ands, or buts. I find it Ironic that the "play the young guns" crowd argues they don't care where the young kids play, or how much TOI they get so long as they're playing. And then they cite Pavel Datsyuk playing on the bottom six to back up their arguments. And then the moment everything happens as predicted, they're ready to lynch management because their favorite young player isn't getting the TOI they think he deserves.
http://www.freepicturehosting.com/is...130228_010.jpg


Last edited by SortaExtremist: 03-01-2013 at 07:21 AM. Reason: wrong image
SortaExtremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:49 AM
  #77
skinneh
#FireHolland
 
skinneh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 400
vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaExtremist View Post
Lol!! that is insane. I cannot handle any more games of Dats on the 4th line. Seriously! Get rid of Abby and bring up Nyquist.

skinneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:04 AM
  #78
JPE123
Registered User
 
JPE123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendricks433 View Post
Abs is that guy but Tootoo or Tatar isnt?
I would argue that if he doesn't want the young guy Tatar out there at least give him Tootoo. Tootoo is a pro and creates some real energy. I just don't see why Abby/Cleary are irreplaceable in Babs eyes

JPE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:29 PM
  #79
Sentinel
Registered User
 
Sentinel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaExtremist View Post
Can you please repost it? It says "reached bandwidth limit."

Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:29 PM
  #80
SortaExtremist
Registered User
 
SortaExtremist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Country: Turkey
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Can you please repost it? It says "reached bandwidth limit."
I'll post it when I get home. access is blocked at work lol.

SortaExtremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:39 PM
  #81
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,792
vCash: 500
This made me sick.

Dan Cleary : Misunderstood Hero

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:32 PM
  #82
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
SBnation has bad articles sometimes.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 04:03 PM
  #83
SoupGuru
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Country: United States
Posts: 10,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
Why would this make you sick? Why on earth would anyone else's opinion of a player make you ill? Do you also get sick when someone else likes hotdogs when you prefer hamburgers? Does it disgust you when people have opinions on other players too or is it just Cleary?

Some of you guys really need help. You're children.


SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 04:20 PM
  #84
The Nose
#FireHolland
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
Why would this make you sick? Why on earth would anyone else's opinion of a player make you ill? Do you also get sick when someone else likes hotdogs when you prefer hamburgers? Does it disgust you when people have opinions on other players too or is it just Cleary?

Some of you guys really need help. You're children.

Your a wee bit too serious, lad.

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 04:35 PM
  #85
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
do you also get sick when someone else likes hotdogs when you prefer hamburgers?
No but I feel that people that like ketchup on hotdogs are horrible.

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:00 PM
  #86
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
Why would this make you sick? Why on earth would anyone else's opinion of a player make you ill? Do you also get sick when someone else likes hotdogs when you prefer hamburgers? Does it disgust you when people have opinions on other players too or is it just Cleary?

Some of you guys really need help. You're children.

It's a dumbass opinion about something people feel passionately about,

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:10 PM
  #87
jaster
glendeningforcaptain
 
jaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
No but I feel that people that like ketchup on hotdogs are horrible.
That's not an opinion, Vladdy. That's a FACT.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:34 PM
  #88
SoupGuru
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Country: United States
Posts: 10,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
It's a dumbass opinion about something people feel passionately about,
And that's what really bothers me. I don't know why any of you are so passionate about your dislike of some of our players. It's hatred. It's baffling. We're supposed to be fans. We can have opinions and disagree and even dislike some things, but to actually hate one of your own players is not right.

There's no prize for hating Cleary the most but yet it seems like you guys are trying to outdo each other. "I hate Cleary a lot!" "No, I hate Cleary more!" "I hate Cleary like I hate herpes!" Lately it's been a competition around here to see who can hate Cleary the most.

It's disgusting because it's "passionate".

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:35 PM
  #89
CloneHakanPlease*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
And that's what really bothers me. I don't know why any of you are so passionate about your dislike of some of our players. It's hatred. It's baffling. We're supposed to be fans. We can have opinions and disagree and even dislike some things, but to actually hate one of your own players is not right.

There's no prize for hating Cleary the most but yet it seems like you guys are trying to outdo each other. "I hate Cleary a lot!" "No, I hate Cleary more!" "I hate Cleary like I hate herpes!" Lately it's been a competition around here to see who can hate Cleary the most.

It's disgusting because it's "passionate".
Hating Babcock's decision to play Dan Cleary/Abdelkader =/= hating either player.

I'm sure there nice guys, just get them off Datsyuk's line.

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:38 PM
  #90
ricky0034
Registered User
 
ricky0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
And that's what really bothers me. I don't know why any of you are so passionate about your dislike of some of our players. It's hatred. It's baffling. We're supposed to be fans. We can have opinions and disagree and even dislike some things, but to actually hate one of your own players is not right.

There's no prize for hating Cleary the most but yet it seems like you guys are trying to outdo each other. "I hate Cleary a lot!" "No, I hate Cleary more!" "I hate Cleary like I hate herpes!" Lately it's been a competition around here to see who can hate Cleary the most.

It's disgusting because it's "passionate".
I highly doubt herpes would negatively affect Datsyuk's game as much as Cleary does

ricky0034 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:41 PM
  #91
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh
 
Brick Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Grand Rapids
Posts: 1,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
And that's what really bothers me. I don't know why any of you are so passionate about your dislike of some of our players. It's hatred. It's baffling. We're supposed to be fans. We can have opinions and disagree and even dislike some things, but to actually hate one of your own players is not right.

There's no prize for hating Cleary the most but yet it seems like you guys are trying to outdo each other. "I hate Cleary a lot!" "No, I hate Cleary more!" "I hate Cleary like I hate herpes!" Lately it's been a competition around here to see who can hate Cleary the most.

It's disgusting because it's "passionate".
Yeah, but at least there are treatment options for herpes* , but to date, there is apparently no balm, ointment or other treatment able to remove Cleary from Datsyuk's line. The team would be much better off with ol' Danny flaring up solely on the 4th line and PK only.

(I swear I had to google that, and have no personal knowledge )

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:43 PM
  #92
jaster
glendeningforcaptain
 
jaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
He's the polar opposite of The Fading Bob! Or Captain Captain. Or whatever his name is these days. How many names have you had across Wings boards anyway? Tin, newsguyone, BigChiefChineseRestaurant, Edmund Fitzgerald, Captain Bob, The Fading Captain. I feel like I'm forgetting a couple.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:46 PM
  #93
Heaton
Moderator
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,930
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
He's the polar opposite of The Fading Bob! Or Captain Captain. Or whatever his name is these days. How many names have you had across Wings boards anyway? Tin, newsguyone, BigChiefChineseRestaurant, Edmund Fitzgerald, Captain Bob, The Fading Captain. I feel like I'm forgetting a couple.
SmartestGuyonEarth, FranksRedHotLittleCaesarPizzaBowl, GerorgeWashingtonsNeighborCharley, PoopyfaceTomatoNose.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:48 PM
  #94
jaster
glendeningforcaptain
 
jaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
SmartestGuyonEarth, FranksRedHotLittleCaesarPizzaBowl, GerorgeWashingtonsNeighborCharley, PoopyfaceTomatoNose.
Ah, see, I knew there were more. I'm just going to assume those are his LGW handles.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:07 PM
  #95
Syckle78
Registered User
 
Syckle78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Redford, MI
Country: Belgium
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
And that's what really bothers me. I don't know why any of you are so passionate about your dislike of some of our players. It's hatred. It's baffling. We're supposed to be fans. We can have opinions and disagree and even dislike some things, but to actually hate one of your own players is not right.

There's no prize for hating Cleary the most but yet it seems like you guys are trying to outdo each other. "I hate Cleary a lot!" "No, I hate Cleary more!" "I hate Cleary like I hate herpes!" Lately it's been a competition around here to see who can hate Cleary the most.

It's disgusting because it's "passionate".
That's incredibly offensive to compare hatred of herpes to hatred of Cleary. You owe herpes an apology.

Syckle78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:59 PM
  #96
DRWCountryClub
Registered User
 
DRWCountryClub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
Yeah, but at least there are treatment options for herpes* , but to date, there is apparently no balm, ointment or other treatment able to remove Cleary from Datsyuk's line. The team would be much better off with ol' Danny flaring up solely on the 4th line and PK only.

(I swear I had to google that, and have no personal knowledge )
Gold.

DRWCountryClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:32 AM
  #97
Tomas W
Registered User
 
Tomas W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,693
vCash: 500
I would agree that Tootoo deserves playing in the top six over: Abdelkader, Cleary and Franzen. Based on what I've seen (5 games, so perhaps not a great sample size), only Z D and Brunner is currently better at forward.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:45 AM
  #98
Kiddington
heehats
 
Kiddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Ah, see, I knew there were more. I'm just going to assume those are his LGW handles.
Does that place still exist?

...wow, it does. Consider me surprised.

Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:39 PM
  #99
VeGor
Datsyuk
 
VeGor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
So the only remaining player from the 01-02 cup winning team is a fourth liner now?

VeGor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:17 PM
  #100
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
And that's what really bothers me. I don't know why any of you are so passionate about your dislike of some of our players. It's hatred. It's baffling. We're supposed to be fans. We can have opinions and disagree and even dislike some things, but to actually hate one of your own players is not right.

There's no prize for hating Cleary the most but yet it seems like you guys are trying to outdo each other. "I hate Cleary a lot!" "No, I hate Cleary more!" "I hate Cleary like I hate herpes!" Lately it's been a competition around here to see who can hate Cleary the most.

It's disgusting because it's "passionate".
It's disgusting when people with low reading comprehension make up garbage about other people's opinions.

In your zest to gall people "disgusting," you totally created a strawman argument.

I don't hate Cleary. I don't want him on Datsyuk's line. Seeing him on Datsyuk's line is frustrating, as a fan. And I don't want him back.
I don't hate Abdelkader. I don't want him anywhere near the PP and Datsyuk's line.
He's a fourth liner. Period. In case of injuries, you move him up as far as you have to.

In this case, line 2 is way too far when you can still but Tatar on line 2.

Pavel Datsyuk is the #1 reason why I watch hockey games. Cleary and Abdelkader on line 2 is bad for the Red Wings, and it's bad for my enjoyment of the game.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.