HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 06:31 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Probably because Redden wouldn't get anything near 6.5 mill
Exactly, it is one thing to agree to a mutual termination when you are making $600,000 in the NHL and think you can get that or better somewhere else. It's another thing when you are making $6.5M and you know you won't get that anywhere else.

Old
03-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Wow, Archambault vs Hudon tonight...Archambault has 2 goals and 2 assists as his Volts are up 4-0.

Vail the defenceman has 2 assists.
Is Windsor really turning Vail into a defenceman? Unreal

Old
03-01-2013, 07:34 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
It's only makes sense since Thrower's a forward now.

Old
03-01-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Archambault is finally over a PPG!!!
Does crossing the magical PPG mark make him a better prospect than he was 1 week ago?

I'd like to think the Habs look at more things than PPG thresholds...at least I hope

Old
03-01-2013, 08:45 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
Anyone think dalton thrower should become a forward? I'd like him to beome a prust 2.0 tough guy with decent hockey skills.
I can't remember wen was the last time a Defensemen was converted into a forward, it's usely the other way around.
I do remember the same thing was being ask wen PK was in the OHL. Personnally, I love this idea, he could become a decent top 9 with grit and with that shot of his....mmmmm. Also, he would be a natural point man on the PP.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:34 AM
as15

I know Kristo's attitude gets bashed quite a bit here, but as evidenced by the video below, he seems to be very respected by his teammates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQh2ktdkgGI

"He (Kristo) is the guy on the team that would do anything for any of our teammates"-Joe Gleason (CHI)

Old
03-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Not by choice, it's due to emergency. They are down to like 4 defencemen due to injuries and suspensions.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:42 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Deitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
2 straight games for Dietz without a point.

Wasted pick.

Timmins.

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports...045/story.html

Old
03-01-2013, 10:03 AM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

Darren Dietz dominating WHL

I've just finished reading this http://www.allhabs.net/canadiens-pro...-dietz-excels/ little piece on Dietz' recent play, seems he's been dominant during the Blades' recent winning streak.

I've never really seen him play, only was aware of him as a habs prospect on D. Anyone thinks he's the real deal? or has seen him play extensively?

Old
03-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by as15 View Post
I know Kristo's attitude gets bashed quite a bit here, but as evidenced by the video below, he seems to be very respected by his teammates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQh2ktdkgGI

"He (Kristo) is the guy on the team that would do anything for any of our teammates"-Joe Gleason (CHI)
And he did. Now it's a question of how impressed the judge is.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Rick16

So who would say has the best potential out of those 3 saskatoon blades dman, Darren Dietz, Dalton Thrower or Duncan Siemens?

Old
03-01-2013, 12:17 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
And he did. Now it's a question of how impressed the judge is.
Yep! Danny saved his team, program, and honor by taking the hit for what goes on in the least of universities, let alone North Dakota. That's what leaders do. No articles about him crying about it either. That is what makes me like the kid so much.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
So who would say has the best potential out of those 3 saskatoon blades dman, Darren Dietz, Dalton Thrower or Duncan Siemens?
Right now, Dietz.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:17 PM
That

Archambault's points from last night:

Easily one of the best games I've seen him play. He was a key part of all six Drummondville goals and dropped the gloves with Scott Carrier. Well, almost. The fight was broken up despite both of them being ready to go. The linesmen broke it up after 10 seconds, seemed pretty early to me. Later on in the game they were having a long chat, looked like they were going to finally go, but no, the linesmen stepped in a again.

Archambault has looked really good this past month. He's using his teammates and working hard at both ends of the ice. He still has a long way to go, but he's certainly improved his overall game.

Quote:
Anyone think dalton thrower should become a forward? I'd like him to beome a prust 2.0 tough guy with decent hockey skills.
I don't see any reason to do so right now. Sure we could use another Prust, but we could also more toughness on defence. Someone in mould of a Bieksa or a Wisniewski, I guess. He's got lots of skill and he's been playing some fantastic hockey these past few weeks.

If he becomes nothing more than a fighter in the NHL, then I wouldn't mind converting him to forward as he won't be seeing much ice time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
I've just finished reading this http://www.allhabs.net/canadiens-pro...-dietz-excels/ little piece on Dietz' recent play, seems he's been dominant during the Blades' recent winning streak.

I've never really seen him play, only was aware of him as a habs prospect on D. Anyone thinks he's the real deal? or has seen him play extensively?
He's the real deal in my opinion. He's very solid defensively, but also is very good offensively. Very hardworking, gritty, two-way player. I'm not sure how much offence I see translating to the pro level, but he's got a fantastic slapper and wrister (both accuracy and power), makes a good lead pass, and isn't afraid to hop up in the rush. Since being paired with Siemens, his offence has really taken off. It allows to him to take more risks, without having to worry about the consequences.

Quote:
I don't see Thrower or Dietz becoming more than #4 defenceman, but I could see Siemens becoming a top pairing guy. Dietz and Makarov's (as do most of the team's) numbers look real pretty during this win streak, but I think Siemens has been the biggest individual reason for their recent success.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
Thanks for the quick answer!
No penalty at all, eh?

...Why don't we see this more often?
ie. Why wouldn't Redden (if confident he could get an NHL contract elsewhere) terminate his deal with NYR? Why wouldn't Nylander have saved himself from that ridiculous drama with Washingont? They didn't want him, he didn't want to stay, and he had suitors in Europe. Strange.
Why would Redden tore up his contract when the Rangers still owe him 23 millions?

Old
03-01-2013, 02:48 PM
OneSharpMarble

When I saw Archambault in his preseason games with the habs he looked incredible. I think he could be a real sleeper hit.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
When I saw Archambault in his preseason games with the habs he looked incredible. I think he could be a real sleeper hit.
I too, was impressed with him. Slick hands, good vision. He's one of the more interesting prospects to follow.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:48 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
That's an interesting way to fix the problem they are facing next season with having so many young/inexperienced D but not one I see the Habs going with. He's got a big shot from the point and can move the puck, two things that NHL teams covet from the backend so I would assume they keep him there and see if they can work on improving his decision making in his own end.

I know many Hab fans will want to see Tinordi in the NHL and some want Thrower to go back to the dub, but I'd love to see a Tinordi Thrower pairing to see how they would work together. Really think that could be a good matchup as Tinordi plays it safe in his own end and Thrower likes to jump into the offensive zone, plus the duo would not be any fun to play against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
So Archy is more than a PPG, I never really saw him play, is he good enough to become something else than an AHLer ? do we offer him a contract in Hamilton or ... LET STORTINI LEAD OUR DOGS OFFENSE ?
I don't know what his NHL upside is as I think he needs a lot of work on his lower body strength but he does have some interesting offensive skills so I have been assuming all year he would likely get a contract. We'll see how it goes for him in the playoffs as I wouldn't consider him a lock to be signed but I think they will have a room for him and he has enough skill to at least be a solid AHLer at some point.

As for Stortini I'd gladly bring him back to Hamilton next year if he's willing.

Quote:
I've seen him this year and last, been trying to catch games and looking forward to the Memorial Cup to see how both respond. I have been impressed with Dietz just about every time I watch him. He can do a lot of things well and while I'd like to see him get a little quicker, I think he's a legit prospect for us. Has a big point shot but brings toughness to the back end and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the NHL in a couple years.

Quote:
I don't pay much attention to Siemens, I thought early in the year he didn't look very good at all. I'm not sure who I would pick as having more upside between the 2 Hab picks. Dietz is having such a big year but Thrower had a huge season last year as a 17/18 year old so hopefully this is just a bump in the road for him. Either way I'm glad we have both in the system, hope one of them can play on the left side cause we might need one of them to do so next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I liked what I saw from him in pre-season, he's got hands and can make some flashy plays. He lacks lower body strength though so he's easy to push off the puck and contain, that's a problem for him in the Q, so it's going to be a big problem for him as a pro imo but he should have a few years to work on it.

Old
03-01-2013, 05:38 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:

I see some Blades games. His skill game reminds me of Beauchemin but he plays a physical, gritty game.

Old
03-01-2013, 07:41 PM
That

Yet another Dalton Thrower fight win:

Thrower currently has 6 fights on the season, 4 of them being in 2013.

Old
03-01-2013, 08:01 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Wow, walters. Could you have activated his trap cards a bit more, there?

Old
03-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Wow, walters. Could you have activated his trap cards a bit more, there?
Funny to see Walters on the bench there with the thumbs up towards Thrower. "Yeah, great job Dalton, you kicked my ass real great"!

Old
03-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Damn, i really hope Thrower's gonna develop well and be a NHLer!

Old
03-01-2013, 09:43 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Goal and assist so far for MacMillan tonight.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:44 PM
EveryDay

+4 for Dietz tonight!!

Closed Thread