HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The "All Things NYC" Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2013, 09:15 PM
  #551
alotlikehomer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
209 is great. Better than 400s.

alotlikehomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:45 PM
  #552
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,586
vCash: 500
209 is a good section. My brother has seats in that section and you have a good view of the ice. Toronto is always a good draw at MSG.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:59 AM
  #553
eastlin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
We Will be living at Times' square how long before gamestart would you go to msg?
Available to buy Jerseys and scarfs there before the game?

eastlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 05:05 AM
  #554
SixGoalieSystem
Playaff poosh
 
SixGoalieSystem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 2,040
vCash: 500
There should be a lot of good pointers in this thread.

Have a nice trip!

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:29 AM
  #555
jwelles17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Where and what time do Callahan and Nash come in lately? Last year I saw Cally walking in from the garage side about 3 hours prior. Has anyone noticed a regular entrance for Nash?

jwelles17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:20 AM
  #556
Ih8theislanders
Registered User
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastlin View Post
We Will be living at Times' square how long before gamestart would you go to msg?
Available to buy Jerseys and scarfs there before the game?
Gates open at 6, you can come down then and watch the players warm up. You could go around 3:30 if you want a chance to see a few players and maybe grab a few autographs. They sell jerseys/scarfs in the lobby of the arena, but the selection is typically bigger once you're inside the arena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwelles17 View Post
Where and what time do Callahan and Nash come in lately? Last year I saw Cally walking in from the garage side about 3 hours prior. Has anyone noticed a regular entrance for Nash?
He's been driving right in, unfortunately.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:53 PM
  #557
jwelles17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Never knew they could just drive right in? Is that an new feature with all the renovations?

Is cally still coming in by the garage?

jwelles17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:16 AM
  #558
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,411
vCash: 500
They can enter on the 32nd Street side, but the TV trailers, and then park underneath the arena.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 04:41 PM
  #559
Jax1166
Registered User
 
Jax1166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: I-95
Country: United States
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 500
Few things

Seats are in 226, how good is that section?

Want to see all the changes to MSG, should I just walk around the whole arena or any special places to see?

Best place for food?

What time do the gates open?

I would take the train BUT it only goes to Grand Central and it is too cold to walk back and fourth.

Either how can I change to the subway OR is there any reasonable prices nearby parking?

Jax1166 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 05:22 PM
  #560
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
Seats are in 226, how good is that section?

Want to see all the changes to MSG, should I just walk around the whole arena or any special places to see?

Best place for food?

What time do the gates open?

I would take the train BUT it only goes to Grand Central and it is too cold to walk back and fourth.

Either how can I change to the subway OR is there any reasonable prices nearby parking?
There's nothing to see at the new MSG really.

Best place for food IMO is the Molly Wee.

At Grand Central, take the S shuttle to Times Sq, transfer to the 1 train downtown and get off at 34th St.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:33 PM
  #561
Jax1166
Registered User
 
Jax1166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: I-95
Country: United States
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 500
What are the best parking garages near MSG?

Jax1166 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:00 PM
  #562
BlueshirtOnMyBack
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Glass seats tomorrow! Anyone hitting the road?!

Went on stubhub and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw glass seats at ScotiaBank Place for $80. I've never sat on the glass before! Any tips from anyone, or anyone going?! Already posted in the ottawa section for tips but no replies yet.

Lets Go Rangers!

BlueshirtOnMyBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:25 PM
  #563
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtOnMyBack View Post
Went on stubhub and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw glass seats at ScotiaBank Place for $80. I've never sat on the glass before! Any tips from anyone, or anyone going?! Already posted in the ottawa section for tips but no replies yet.

Lets Go Rangers!
I sat on the glass a few times. It's a cool experience, but you don't see much from the other end. I rather sit higher up and watch plays develop. For that price I'd do it.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 06:57 AM
  #564
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 500
For every Sunday game, there's a 5 hour pregame at Slattery's (36th between 5th and Madison). It's a good deal, $4 drafts and a "Blue Shirt Wheat" which goes for $3 a pint. Free appetizers and a raffle for tickets to an upcoming game.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 03:43 PM
  #565
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.
 
SwedishBullet62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,707
vCash: 500
my friend just picked up tickets for tuesdays game against philly, their section 208 and he said their obstructed view, anybody know how the view is from row 15?

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:27 PM
  #566
NYRFAN218
Brass God
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishBullet62 View Post
my friend just picked up tickets for tuesdays game against philly, their section 208 and he said their obstructed view, anybody know how the view is from row 15?
Don't know but the only obstruction that would make sense is the one from the 9th floor luxury boxes. That was the problem with 428 in that area in the past.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 04:34 PM
  #567
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.
 
SwedishBullet62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Don't know but the only obstruction that would make sense is the one from the 9th floor luxury boxes. That was the problem with 428 in that area in the past.
thats what i assumed, as long as i can see the ice i could care less about the scoreboard since the tickets were 30 bucks

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:28 PM
  #568
pavelich
Registered User
 
pavelich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishBullet62 View Post
thats what i assumed, as long as i can see the ice i could care less about the scoreboard since the tickets were 30 bucks
the scoreboard won't be a problem but you might not be able to see the goal at the 7th avenue end.

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:56 AM
  #569
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
For every Sunday game, there's a 5 hour pregame at Slattery's (36th between 5th and Madison). It's a good deal, $4 drafts and a "Blue Shirt Wheat" which goes for $3 a pint. Free appetizers and a raffle for tickets to an upcoming game.
How is it there? I went to their website and didn't see anything about it. Just 2 for 1 drinks for Rangers fans..

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:49 PM
  #570
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
How is it there? I went to their website and didn't see anything about it. Just 2 for 1 drinks for Rangers fans..
It's a nice place to go to before Sunday games. There's a deck on the second floor if you want to cat call girls walking on the street. I'm not sure why more people go here, can't remember the last time I paid $3 for a beer in the city.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 03:06 PM
  #571
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out
 
Bruins Stooge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hartford County CT
Country: United States
Posts: 4,284
vCash: 500
Bruins fan in peace here.

I'l be in NYC tomorrow night and I'm looking for a Bruins bar to watch the B's Habs game. A boston bar would be nice, or a good sports bar that will have the game on as well as volume. Feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:56 PM
  #572
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
Bruins fan in peace here.

I'l be in NYC tomorrow night and I'm looking for a Bruins bar to watch the B's Habs game. A boston bar would be nice, or a good sports bar that will have the game on as well as volume. Feel free to PM me. Thanks!
I don't know of any Bruins bar, but I used to go to school near a place called the Hairy Monk, which is on 25th and 3rd. It's a well known Red Sox bar.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:57 PM
  #573
CupWanted
#19 The Future
 
CupWanted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 779
vCash: 500
Going to the city for the game tomorrow night. Having dinner and drinks with some friends pre-game. Any suggestions? Would like something walking distance to the arena, a good atmosphere, and reasonable pricing.

Also after the game I'm going to grab drinks with a friend from college and were going to catch up. Any quiter places around the arena where we can chill for a bit?

Thanks

CupWanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:21 PM
  #574
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupWanted View Post
Going to the city for the game tomorrow night. Having dinner and drinks with some friends pre-game. Any suggestions? Would like something walking distance to the arena, a good atmosphere, and reasonable pricing.

Also after the game I'm going to grab drinks with a friend from college and were going to catch up. Any quiter places around the arena where we can chill for a bit?

Thanks
There's a whole slew of bars around the Garden. Towards the 8th avenue side you have the Molly Wee (my personal fav), Blarney Stone, Irish Times. On 7th avenue there's Flying Puck and towards 6th ave you have Stout. Of all those places, I'd probably head to Stout after the game since there's more real estate.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:18 PM
  #575
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,212
vCash: 500
I went to slatterys about 2 o'clock on Sunday. Irish bartender was quite rude. Said there was no drink specials.

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.