HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Your team's best offer for Corey Perry

Old
03-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Tripod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
Horton, 1st & Boychuk seems to be a good deal.

The Real Deal Neal deal would never happen, but one can dream.

Philly probably dislikes this proposal but Coutourier & 1st or Schenn, 1st, Laughton would get it done (pending a resigning of Perry).
Philly won't trade the equivalent of 3 1st rounders for him. Especially when 2 of them have #1C ceiling.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Lukus

- Michalek
- Zibanejad
- 2013 3rd Round Pick

- Perry

EDIT: On the condition Perry agrees to a contract extension.

Lukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:54 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Because Perry may insist on an 8th year or he won't sign
This is not make sense in the scenarios where Perry is traded. If he is traded, he is free to sign an 8th year with his new team. Why would he want to gut his new team for a sign and trade? Proposals with "On the condition Perry agrees to a contract extension" are useless.

The negotiation rights to Perry have some value due to the 8th year. Thus any team trading for him gets rental Perry, and the ability to offer him a longer contract.

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Lukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
This is not make sense in the scenarios where Perry is traded. If he is traded, he is free to sign an 8th year with his new team. Why would he want to gut his new team for a sign and trade? Proposals with "On the condition Perry agrees to a contract extension" are useless.

The negotiation rights to Perry have some value due to the 8th year. Thus any team trading for him gets rental Perry, and the ability to offer him a longer contract.
Doesn't the new CBA limit new contracts to 7 years unless re-signing with current club?

And you are wrong... Anaheim won't trade him a rental. If he won't re-sign with them, they will want something big in return or keep him for the playoffs. No team will trade for him unless assured of a contract extension.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Hawaiinleaf

This is going to be a circus

Anaheim now realizes that he is going to FA

The problem is no team is going to deal significant assets for Perry unless he is signed to them for term

So Perry can control his destiny totally and Anaheim may not get the trade they want or the assets they want in return
Perry can force Anaheim to deal him the the place he wants to live by refusing a LTD with any other team

Hawaiinleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:11 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukus View Post
Doesn't the new CBA limit new contracts to 7 years unless re-signing with current club?
That is correct, so if the Ducks trade him to the Sens for example, he can then resign with the Sens for 8 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukus View Post
And you are wrong... Anaheim won't trade him a rental. If he won't re-sign with them, they will want something big in return or keep him for the playoffs. No team will trade for him unless assured of a contract extension.
There are two components to his trade value:
- rental, see other deadline deals for top forwards
- negotiation rights, which are significant because the new team is the only one that can offer a longer contract.

The Ducks can "pay" the rental price by keeping him now, and forgoing what they would have got in a trade. After the playoffs they could then trade his negotiation rights.

No team will be able to trade for Perry and be assured of a contract extension, because Perry will have no interest in gutting his new team. This is much like Brad Richards leaving Dallas. The Stars wanted to trade his rights, but he said no as he had a NTC. By moving as a UFA, and costing his new team nothing in trade, NYR was able to keep assets and later obtain Nash. Some fans were not pleased with Richards but he had to think of making his new team the best possible, and not giving parting gifts to the previous team.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Badger25

Leafs should go all in on Perry, They have the depth to sacrifice multiple top 6 fws and top 4 d. Might actually attract Getzlaf to Toronto in the summer *pipe dream*

Badger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Lukus

Quote:
No team will be able to trade for Perry and be assured of a contract extension, because Perry will have no interest in gutting his new team.
While all scenarios we discussed are possible, I simply do not see a team trading for him as a rental. With that in mind, a trade will only happen if he a team is assured of a contract extension. I guess it all comes down as to whether Perry is leaving on good terms or not. If he is, he'd want his former team to at least get something in return, otherwise, you're probably right, he just might wait this summer.

If Perry is a low-key guy, he just might want to give ANA a list of teams he is willing to go to and just get a deal done so he doesn't have to deal with the attention July 1st will bring (is it July 1st this year?). Whether it's a trade-and-sign or a sign-and-trade scenario, it doesn't matter, it's been done before and that's the only way he will avoid July 1st if that's his intention.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Cujomi
Toverij

7 mil AAV over 6 years in Ottawa.

If we're going to trade for him this season it would be something like Michalek + Gonchar + 3rd 2013.

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:48 AM
drizzydrew22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Neal + Morrow + 1st
as a pens fan... your crazy

drizzydrew22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:00 AM
NEWFowler
hi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
This is going to be a circus

Anaheim now realizes that he is going to FA
Do they? Please provide us with your psychic knowledge.

NEWFowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Devereau

Ennis,Foligno and a 1st

Devereau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:17 AM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
Spooner, knight, 1st

Horton, 1st, boychuck

Horton, spooner, 3rd
No Horton please.

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:22 AM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
7 mil AAV over 6 years in Ottawa.

If we're going to trade for him this season it would be something like Michalek + Gonchar + 3rd 2013.
Um, what? Why would we touch Gonchar? Michalek is good, but not a guy the Ducks would seek in a deal for Perry.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:24 AM
sokocanuck

vCash: 745
Perry is a dangerous player to trade for because it's going to cost huge assets and there are 30 times that would inquire should he choose UFA. Only worthwhile if it's to a team he intends to play for.

sokocanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:27 AM
malton

Gionta
Collberg
Diaz
1st

For

Perry

malton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:47 AM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbah4 View Post
Horton's a UFA at the end of the year. Not sure why Anaheim would want him as the centerpiece in the package. How bout Peverly, 1st and Kohklachev? Peverly is signed for two more years at 3.25m per.
Peverley adds nothing to the Ducks except a terrible contract.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:49 AM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
Gaborik - which I think is extremely generous for a UFA. Fact is we would need to dump that contract anyways to sign Perry.

It also gives Anaheim a plug for the RW for an additional year who can put up 40 goals...

All these people mentioning Neal, Kessel - get real. These guys are still younger and signed - wont happen. You'd need to get more than Perry. Heck if Neal is going the other way I'd ask for both Perry and Getzlaf expiring contracts....

To be honest, if I'm Anaheim I look to acquire real players - like a Gaborik, bc frankly Selanne and Koivu are old, and sooner or later will retire, if Perry leaves, may as well say "see ya" to Getzlaf. In addition if those two leave, I wouldn't be surprised to see a reawakening of last years Bobby Ryan concerns...

Like if Anaheim could trade all three for a combination of established NHL stars and younger depth.

3 trades:

Perry for Gaborik
Getzlaf for Plekanec
Bobby Ryan for a kings ransom - Stephen Weiss, Versteeg, Gudbranson
I like the Perry for Gaborik deal, but the other two are not needed (especially when the Ducks are in second in the West)

Old
03-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfan8 View Post
I like the Perry for Gaborik deal, but the other two are not needed (especially when the Ducks are in second in the West)
I'm not a big fan of Gaborik at 1 year 7.5 mill. If that was the return i personally would rather see them keep Perry for the playoffs and deal his rights for a 2nd or 3rd.

Force951 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
That is correct, so if the Ducks trade him to the Sens for example, he can then resign with the Sens for 8 years.
Almost positive that is incorrect. If I understand the CBA correctly, the only way a team can offer a player the extra year is if he plays the FULL season prior to signing his new contract. So the Ducks would be the only team to offer him 8 years.

I posted this in another thread, but it will get interested if the offers look like this(hypothetical numbers):

Ducks - 8 years $7.5M = $60M

Team X - 7 years $8M = $56M

Both contracts would be a "risk" for Perry. Leaving an extra $4M guaranteed could be a big deal.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
I'm not a big fan of Gaborik at 1 year 7.5 mill. If that was the return i personally would rather see them keep Perry for the playoffs and deal his rights for a 2nd or 3rd.
He's a UFA, I don't think you could deal his rights.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:07 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
... keep Perry for the playoffs and deal his rights for a 2nd or 3rd.
This would seem okay but the value of his negotiation rights declines after the trade deadline. Here's why:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
Maximum contract length of seven (7) years subject to Club’s ability to re-sign its own Player for a term of up to eight (8) years (provided the Player was on the Club’s Reserve List as of the most recent Trade Deadline). With respect to potential Unrestricted Free Agents only, the option to resign a Player for an 8-year term expires with the opening of Free Agency on July 1.
Only the team who had the player as of the trade deadline has the 8 year contract option. Now I guess that would bring back into play the sign and trade option after the playoffs are over, and before July.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:41 PM
BigMacJokinen

Anaheim should keep him for the cup run and trade his rights at the draft for a 2nd round pick or something, I'm sure some team is willing to pay.

And please stop with the "condition if Perry re-signs", if he's traded it will be a UFA Perry, you'll have to take a risk if you want to get Perry, it could be worth it though.

BigMacJokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:54 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
He's a UFA, I don't think you could deal his rights.
You could, but it would have to be right before July 1st and you wouldn't get very much.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:03 PM
DJENTLEMAN
Lost My Avatar Bet

Horton + Kelly / Peverley + Spooner / Khokhlachev + 2013 1st / Khokhlachev / Spooner

Edit: Added the option for Khokhlachev / Spooner instead of the 2013 1st if wanted instead. No other changes made.

Last edited by DJENTLEMAN: 03-02-2013 at 06:06 PM.
DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote