HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Josh Gorges the next captain of the Habs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-01-2013, 11:49 AM
  #76
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Yeah but Gorges is also a huge whiner and he's not super smart.
That's pretty unfair. Whining =/= talking to the media. Gorges doesn't dive, and he doesn't run to the refs constantly - during the lockout he gave interviews for a cause he was convicted in, during the season he gives interviews because the rest of the team is too afraid and ***** to talk to the press after bad game. That's the value Gorges brings to the table, he takes on all the heat of the press (and now, apparently, the fans) and away from the rest of the team.

That's leadership and accountability, you see some people just assume that role naturally and Gorges does it. He's not the ideal captain and we don't see the lockerroom or how Gionta does it but I can see Gorges being a natural leader type.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:53 AM
  #77
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
"quit discussing stuff on a discussion board"

he's a great leader but he won't be here forever, and he's not playing well
yah because Gorges is that much better than him this season

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:57 AM
  #78
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
That's pretty unfair. Whining =/= talking to the media. Gorges doesn't dive, and he doesn't run to the refs constantly - during the lockout he gave interviews for a cause he was convicted in, during the season he gives interviews because the rest of the team is too afraid and ***** to talk to the press after bad game. That's the value Gorges brings to the table, he takes on all the heat of the press (and now, apparently, the fans) and away from the rest of the team.

That's leadership and accountability, you see some people just assume that role naturally and Gorges does it. He's not the ideal captain and we don't see the lockerroom or how Gionta does it but I can see Gorges being a natural leader type.
The way he acted after the leafs game completely sold me off. A captain cannot act like that. Ever heard Gros Bill call out one of his young teammate like he did on P.K.?
Not captain material.
It's a shame we don't have a Landeskog type leader.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:58 AM
  #79
Bask
Embellishing User
 
Bask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
yah because Gorges is that much better than him this season
he's +6 and plays over 20 min average, he's okay

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:59 AM
  #80
aaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
The team is 13-4-3 and you guys are talking about a lame-duck captain?

Yikes.

Maybe he does more than you know.
The veteran core surrounding him (Gill, Spacek, Gomez, Cole, Cammalieri) when he was named captain are all gone. The team has been moving in a new direction for a while now so it seems like a valid assumption that a new core leadership will emerge.

He could still be the real leader of the team anything's possible but a lot evidence points to a shift in team leadership the same as when Koivu lost Rivet and Souray.


Last edited by aaa: 03-01-2013 at 12:31 PM.
aaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:59 AM
  #81
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 1,998
vCash: 500
But... but... Gorges provided a cold but fair analysis of the Subban’s contract situation... off with his head!

Just for the record: Gorges is a leader. Right now, he would be my first choice as Gionta’s replacement... in July 2015.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:11 PM
  #82
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,750
vCash: 500
I Vote for Prust as next Captain!!!!!!


If not Plekanec or Gorges

EveryDay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:18 PM
  #83
Darth Joker
Registered User
 
Darth Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,794
vCash: 500
For next captain, I'm divided between these two options:

1. Pleks. Yes, he's our best all-around skater. He's a veteran who has lead this team offensively for a long time now. A life-long Hab to boot.

2. Markov. Another life-long Hab. Also a core guy for us, at least for another year or two. With Markov, my thinking is he'd be a good placeholder of the Captaincy until Galchenyuk is ready.


Keep in mind that if you take the C away from a guy that's not leaving the team (either due to trade, free agency, or retirement), this can cause a major media hoopla and be a distraction for the team. So choose wisely.


As for Gorges, I think he's actually too opinionated to be the Captain. Your team's captain should be someone that brings the full team together, not someone who the locker-room is probably a bit divided over.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:38 PM
  #84
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
he's +6 and plays over 20 min average, he's okay
wow

lets extended him 5 more years, strip Gionta's captaincy and retired the #26

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:40 PM
  #85
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa View Post
The veteran core surrounding him (Gill, Spacek, Gomez, Cole, Cammalieri) when he was named captain are all gone. The team has been moving in a new direction for a while now so it seems like a valid assumption that a new core leadership will emerge.

He could still be the real leader of the team anything's possible but a lot evidence points to a shift in team leadership the same as when Koivu lost Rivet and Souray.
Funny how you exclude Gorges out of that group of leaders as if he wasnt apart of it.

By your logic, Gorges should be gone as well, as he belongs to the "old" regime of leaders

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:45 PM
  #86
Bask
Embellishing User
 
Bask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
wow

lets extended him 5 more years, strip Gionta's captaincy and retired the #26
then lets extend Gionta for his magnifique 4 goals total.

calm down.

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:52 PM
  #87
aaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Funny how you exclude Gorges out of that group of leaders as if he wasnt apart of it.

By your logic, Gorges should be gone as well, as he belongs to the "old" regime of leaders
Gorges was there before all those players arrived as was Markov and Plekanec and Price.

aaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:08 PM
  #88
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
then lets extend Gionta for his magnifique 4 goals total.

calm down.
im very calm, just found your point to be, well pointless.

Both guys bring leadership qualities even if they dont put up points

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:12 PM
  #89
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa View Post
Gorges was there before all those players arrived as was Markov and Plekanec and Price.
i dont understand what your trying to say anymore.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:19 PM
  #90
aaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
i dont understand what your trying to say anymore.
No big deal. I kinda figured that.

aaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:21 PM
  #91
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
please NO.

When I think about montreal canadien captain , I think about : Blake , Richards , Beliveau , Gainey ect. I was already embarrassed when they named Gionta ( 5'7) captain and now you guyz talking about this boderline/overpaid top 4 dman Gorges...
Who do you want then? Give Price the C? or Subban? Or the 19 yr old Galchenyuk so they won't look bad next to these big name?


You clearly have no idea what's the meaning of a "C" if you think a 4th D cannot be a captain.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:23 PM
  #92
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
The way he acted after the leafs game completely sold me off. A captain cannot act like that. Ever heard Gros Bill call out one of his young teammate like he did on P.K.?
Not captain material.
It's a shame we don't have a Landeskog type leader.
I have no clue what you're talking about. Fill me in?

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:11 PM
  #93
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,426
vCash: 500
I would give Max the C when Gionta leaves.

Wise and well-spoken, great media presence, respected, leader on the ice.

Gorges makes a good "sarge" type but Max is officer class.

Plus he'll look great hoisting the Cup!

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:58 PM
  #94
MsChanandlerBong
The Chan-Chan Man
 
MsChanandlerBong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
Captain: Gorges
Assistant: Markov
Assistant: Plekanec

MsChanandlerBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:10 PM
  #95
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I have no clue what you're talking about. Fill me in?
Remember that ass-whooping we got ?

Well Gorges got his ass beat by a AHL(which is ok.), laughed at, then came into the dressing room and screamed at the leafs one acting all tough, then he spoke to the media all teary eyed.
Then there's the P.K. is not bigger than the team comments.

I love the guy and he's really vocal and a great leader and all... But he's too emotional to be the captain of this franchise. I want someone well-spoken and that doesn't go out and criticize everybody.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:35 PM
  #96
NHLFutureGuy3
Registered User
 
NHLFutureGuy3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Way too many pixels on the C. Disgustingly fake.
You guys kill me

NHLFutureGuy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 04:37 PM
  #97
bigtimehockeyfan999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa View Post
Is Josh Gorges the next captainof the Habs
eeyup

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:06 PM
  #98
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 5,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Who do you want then? Give Price the C? or Subban? Or the 19 yr old Galchenyuk so they won't look bad next to these big name?


You clearly have no idea what's the meaning of a "C" if you think a 4th D cannot be a captain.
No captain then...give markov, gorges and plekanec an A

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:29 PM
  #99
McNuts
Registered User
 
McNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebekoi View Post
I don't think that Gorges can be captain: he never was one in juniors.
I don't think you know what that smilie face is for. It's for when you say something that is clearly not true, when you actually think the opposite. In this case, your comment is 100% true, there is no need to use the sarcasm icon.

McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:35 PM
  #100
LaTenderness
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Peterborough
Posts: 639
vCash: 500
Give Pernell the C and do it fast

LaTenderness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.