HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Detroit/Edmonton

Old
03-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Bank Shot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeger View Post
When was the last time the Red Wings traded their prospects before even giving them a shot in the big league?
They traded future super stud power forward Shawn Matthias to the Panthers for Bertuzzi. That sure worked out well for Florida.

If you look at the history of trades, the team taking the prospect loses 95% of them.

Bank Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:37 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

No thanks. Hemsky is playing like he was before the injuries. No reason to move him right now.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Not interested in trading Sheahan. Wings need a power forward. Hemsky makes to much money and the Wings have enough injury prone players already.

Vladdy84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledUp View Post
If I'm trading Hemsky I would prefer a top prospect who isn't to far from NHL ready
What? Why would teams trade an NHL-ready blue chip guy for a soft second line winger?

Guru Meditation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!

vCash: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
What? Why would teams trade an NHL-ready blue chip guy for a soft second line winger?
Hemsky is far from soft, had his injurie troubles yes but not soft. Hemsky has been looking like the Hemsky of old lately and it's nice to see, the guy has so much talent it's the healthy part that's been his achilles heel the last few years.

Mr Tarkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:11 PM
irishtemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeger View Post
When was the last time the Red Wings traded their prospects before even giving them a shot in the big league?
Not since Fleischmann and Mathias...I think they're still kicking themselves over letting them go so I don't see them parting with Sheahan or other top prospects in a deal.

irishtemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:16 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
Hemsky is far from soft, had his injurie troubles yes but not soft. Hemsky has been looking like the Hemsky of old lately and it's nice to see, the guy has so much talent it's the healthy part that's been his achilles heel the last few years.
Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what the previous poster meant by top prospect. A top defenseman prospect would be Ryan Murray to me. Hemsky is far from being worth that.

Guru Meditation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingfan View Post
The biggest issue with trading those assets for defensive help? Everyone has the same problem and the price tag for what we truly need(top 4, shutdown dmen) are going to take 1st round picks and roster players, and at that point I'd rather get rid of spare parts for futures than blow the team up to steady the blueline. If you also don't believe Hemsky WOULD help our team you're either delusional, don't watch the same Red Wings that have Cleary/Abby on the 2nd line, or don't realize how talented Hemsky is.
Cleary and Abs are on the 2nd line because of injuries.

1st round picks You think it's going to take multiple 1st rounders and roster players to get defensive help? The team needs a top 4 d-man, won't take 4 assets to do that.

Sheahan is a spare part? And Hemsky is "future's"?

I know how talented Hemsky is, I also watched him since before he came into the league. if you honestly think the Wings would benefit by adding him and his salary to their top 6, then I'm not the delusional one, pal.

Also, if Detroit got Hemsky for the top 6, Detroit would still have to have Abs and Cleary in the top 6.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:20 PM
spOiler

Edmontons defensive problems are so overblown we are 10th in the league in goals against... The deal is not a garbage proposal but we could do better at the deadline or next year.

spOiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:34 PM
OiledUp

Quote:
Blue chip? Where did I say blue chip? Top prospect doesn't mean blue chip, at least not to me, just a guy who has the capacity to be more than just a filler at the NHL level.
In this case I'm looking for a guy who could be top 4 in a not too distant future and I do think Hemsky could be worth such a player for a team in need of skill and offense.

But I guess everyone has their own definition, some sort of dictionary would be handy

Edit: I saw your defintion is clearly different than mine, I'm obviously not suggesting Hemsky could fetch us Ryan Murray, I'm not delusional. As stated, a dictionary would come in handy.

OiledUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:19 PM
supert

Quote:
To Detroit:
Ales Hemsky

To Edmonton:
Ian White
Riley Sheahan
2013 2nd

What do you guys think, value wise? Edmonton gets a veteran puck mover who has been playing solid hockey, but has fallen out of Babcock's good graces, a talented/sizable power forward prospect with top 6 potential, and a 2nd rounder in a deep draft. Detroit gets a solid vet winger to bolster an injury plagued top 6. I've heard Hemsky and Weiss thrown around so much for Detroit over the past few seasons, I think I'd prefer Hemsky though.
What about White for Whitney . Both may benefit from a change .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:08 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
What about White for Whitney . Both may benefit from a change .
I doubt the Wings want any part of Whitney.

Once everyone is healthy we have 9 D so swapping one for another D does absolutely nothing to change that.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:30 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Whitney/Potter/Peckham are the only guys on d we don't like right now, so our blueline isn't the big problem.

Our big problem our depth at center.

We're not giving up a top 6 forward for a b grade top 4 d-man and futures while we're in the hunt for a playoff spot.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Roof Daddy

I like Sheahan's game, but he comes with some character question marks, namely multiple incidents with booze. One was overblown (UND incident) the other quite serious (driving with BAL of .3 dressed as a Teletubby with a teammates ID used to get into bars). I don't doubt the kid is a terrific locker room presence and he plays the game hard, but there have been plenty of talented players with higher draft pedigree than him who had their careers de-railed by alcohol (Bryan Fogarty comes to mind).

The player value in the deal is probably fair, but as an Oil fan I'd be fishing for a 1st +. And as much as we need a prospect like Sheahan, I'd prefer to stay far away from that kid.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
No interest in White at all. Sheahan plus a 2nd wouldn't get it done.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:35 PM
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings

The Wings are very high on Sheahan. They have been making concerted efforts in the last few drafts to add size to their organization and Sheahan is a big part of that process. I don't see the Wings offering him in any proposal unless it's for someone of much higher stature than Hemsky.

Both fan bases can agree to disagree.

VladTheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:03 AM
bacon198

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
From the oilers perspective

Ian White does not bring what the oilers are missing on the D

Smid, , Schultz, Schultz and Petry are a good start

Fistric
Potter
Whitney

are the problem.

For me the greatest need the oilers have is up front and toughness and having a player who can toss hits, stand up for his teammates and play 15minutes a game

Are you on glue. Fisty has been one of our best dmen so far this year. Only Potter and Whitney are the problem on the back end. His +4 rating slaps you in the face and says hello. Watch an Oilers game this year and you'll see.

bacon198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:11 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Just my opinion, but I think the Oilers would be complete idiots to turn down this offer. I don't think they would but it is surprising to me that some fans wouldn't do it.

Riley Sheahan is the exact type of player that you need to add. Not to mention he is still incredibly young and can grow with your core. Ales Hemsky is the exact type of player you don't need. Your team is incredibly soft defensively, along the boards and in the corners. You have enough of the skill guys IMO...you need impact players that will do dirty work and can keep up. Sheahan has a chance to be a great 3rd line center if he lives up to potential. That is more valuable than Ales Hemsky who misses half the season and is completely redundant on the Oil.

Not to mention getting a 2nd rounder, maybe allowing the Oilers to move up in the draft..if they package DET 2nd and Oilers 2nd they could get a 1st rounder and we know they don't draft great outside of 1st round picks. Then you can also add a decent defender who has grit and some offensive skill to go along with it.

I'd do this easily if I was an Oilers fan. As for the Wings' POV, it would be interesting to see Datsyuk and Hemsky on the same like but I'm not sure they want another injury prone player on the team.
We don.t need to move proven preformers and vets for prospects. And might be a 3rd line center Hemsky is a top 6 winger. If were moving a top 6 forward we are getting proven grit back

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:52 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
This is what I really don't understand. You guys aren't a playoff team right now, let alone a cup contender. You guys want to trade no futures for anything short of the stars, and one of the few liquid assets you do have necessitates a 1st+. I addressed all of your issues(solid vet 2 way defender to bolster a POROUS defense, power forward center who would be in your lineup right now, 2nd round pick in one of the "deepest drafts in ages") and it's not good enough? Care to counter propose or just shoot down other's offers?
we keep hemsky and dont want anything on your roster. whats tough to understand? we have 2 2nds... we dont want anything you got. dont want the boozer near the team. dont want the meh d-man.

I am not even a big Hemsky fan but i know he wont be going anywhere.

Last edited by oilinblood: 03-03-2013 at 02:01 AM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:57 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon198 View Post
Are you on glue. Fisty has been one of our best dmen so far this year. Only Potter and Whitney are the problem on the back end. His +4 rating slaps you in the face and says hello. Watch an Oilers game this year and you'll see.
Good job. The guy has been a great acquisition from his first shift.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:20 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Good job. The guy has been a great acquisition from his first shift.
I agreed . Half the Oilers fan must be blind and have trouble understanding their seeing eye dog . I can understand , it can get confusing talking to a dog about a defence man

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
we keep hemsky and dont want anything on your roster. whats tough to understand? we have 2 2nds... we dont want anything you got. dont want the boozer near the team. dont want the meh d-man.

I am not even a big Hemsky fan but i know he wont be going anywhere.
You do understand booze and hockey have sustained a relationship for about 90 years. There's a reason there's bars in hockey rinks all over Canada. Sheahan is going to be the butt end of Telletuby jokes for the next 10-15 years no matter what he does. Doesnt mean he lacks character or wouldnt be a welcomed addition to the Oilers. Look at your own goaltender. He's near the team on a daily basis. Except of course when he was locked up.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
You do understand booze and hockey have sustained a relationship for about 90 years. There's a reason there's bars in hockey rinks all over Canada. Sheahan is going to be the butt end of Telletuby jokes for the next 10-15 years no matter what he does. Doesnt mean he lacks character or wouldnt be a welcomed addition to the Oilers. Look at your own goaltender. He's near the team on a daily basis. Except of course when he was locked up.
I always thought the bars in rinks were for the fans in attendance and not the players...

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

no thankyou from detroit

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:41 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:

Hemsky is far from soft. He is willing to take monster hits to make plays.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote