HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor : Habs - Flyers...

Closed Thread

Old
07-19-2006, 07:49 PM
wholeshow*

vCash: 500
the price for gagne would be WAYYY too much for a minimal improvement over ryder. hey if it were a guy like elias or gaborik that were available, i wouldn't have problems dangling the likes of kostitsyn and perezhogin (with ryder of course).

Old
07-19-2006, 07:56 PM
neopreneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
the price for gagne would be WAYYY too much for a minimal improvement over ryder. hey if it were a guy like elias or gaborik that were available, i wouldn't have problems dangling the likes of kostitsyn and perezhogin (with ryder of course).
agreed

Old
07-19-2006, 08:10 PM
Bryzga lol*

God I'd love to see him in Montreal. I could see Ryder and Chipchura going to Philly since Bob has a thing for hard working canadian players.

Old
07-19-2006, 08:50 PM
phil

I don't want perez or AK to leave... they'll become real stars and yet another case of John Leclair and Eric Desjardins

Old
07-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Aarex

gagne to montreal rumors never end. Especially friend of a friend's friend. but it came from nielson, who usually doesn't post redundant garble.

I'll still believe it when i see it.

but i bet if you mail this to big E it would be a a (E5) and be on his front page in 5 minutes.

Old
07-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Ryder+Souray ? I think Bob would pull the trigger on that one.
[IMAGE]http://www.achorizons.ca/gallery/2004/may/Habs_1024.jpg[/IMAGE]

But it won't happen , at Ryder will score 40 this year for us !!!

Old
07-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Habsaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified View Post
gagne to montreal rumors never end. .
They will. The laid off Lacavalier, Loungo, Gagne is now the rumor whipping boy, wait until Crosby turns 25!!! LOL

Old
07-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaholic View Post
They will. The laid off Lacavalier, Loungo, Gagne is now the rumor whipping boy, wait until Crosby turns 25!!! LOL
crosby is a ufa at 25 isnt he?

Old
07-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riel View Post
God I'd love to see him in Montreal. I could see Ryder and Chipchura going to Philly since Bob has a thing for hard working canadian players.
I'd trade Ryder + Chipchura for Gagné...tomorrow if not sooner. Ryder wouldn't do as much for Philly as Gagné for the Habs, and Clarke would have to wait for Chipchura to contribute.

Old
07-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Montrealer

I'd say that if the 1% chance came true, Kovalev would almost have to go the other way, along with prospect(s)/picks; decent return for Philly and it wouldn't cause us to have a cap crisis signing a $5m/yr player... Like I said, it's a 1% chance Gagne coming here is even being discussed.

Old
07-19-2006, 09:14 PM
les Habs

Ryder and Chipchura for Gagne is a no-brainer. If somebody thinks that Ryder will score 40 for us this season, then you can also consider that Gagne in the same team would score more. So long as we're not giving up too much I'd LOVE to see us land Gagne.

Old
07-19-2006, 09:15 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
crosby is a ufa at 25 isnt he?
well, that is not sure, the CBA will end two years before or one if they use the option year

Habs Prospects website
Old
07-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Regardless of the likelihood of this rumor, we have to consider if we traded for Gagne that:

1- We would have to play Higgins on the 3rd line, which isn't ideal, unless he's part of the deal, which I wouldn't like at all, or that Samsonov was part of the deal, which is downright impossible, or that he was to play center, which would actually be quite a genious idea.

2- We would take a great player who's cap hit will likely be upward of 5M. While I think he's probably worth it for the Flyers playing with a guy like Forsberg, he might just as well collapse under the extra home pressure of playing for Montreal combined with having nobody of Forsberg's caliber to feed him the puck.

3- We would need to give up quite a few high quality assets as Gagne is only 26yo. Expect at least Ryder along with Markov or a couple high end prospects/younsters (Higgins, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Komisarek). Seeing how we're talking about Bobby Clarke, those prospects could also be Latendresse and Chipchura.

Considering the cap hit we'd be taking for a marginal upgrade on Ryder goal wise (no I don't believe Gagne could score much more than 30 in Mtl, no way, maybe 40), I'd pass. Ryder for Gagne straigth up though yeah sure but would Philly really go for that? Doubt it. Ryder even if half the price isn't half the player Gagne is. They'd have to be in serious cap trouble to accept that.

Last edited by Munchausen: 07-19-2006 at 09:28 PM. Reason: typo
Old
07-19-2006, 09:23 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
Regardless of the likelihood of this rumor, we have to consider if we traded for Gagne that:

1- We would have to play Higgins on the 3rd line, which isn't ideal, unless he's part of the deal, which I wouldn't like at all, or that Samsonov was part of the deal, which is downright impossible.

2- We would take a great player who's cap hit will likely be upward of 5M. While I think he's probably worth it for the Flyers playing with a guy like Forsberg, he might just as well collapse under the extra home pressure of playing for Montreal combined with having nobody of Forsberg's caliber to feed him the puck.

3- We would need to give up quite a few high quality assets as Gagne is only 26yo. Expect at least Ryder along with Markov or a couple high end prospects/younsters (Higgins, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Komisarek). See how we're talking about Bobby Clarke, those prospects could also be Latendresse and Chipchura. Considering the cap hit we'd be taking for a marginal upgrade on Ryder goal wise (no I don't believe Gagne could score much more tyhan 30 in Mtl, no way), I'd pass. Ryder for Gagne straigth up though yeah sure but Would Philly really go for that? Doubt it. Ryder even if half the price isn't half the player Gagne is. They'd have to be in serious cap trouble to accept that.
I stop you right there

Old
07-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
I stop you right there
I didn't say I'd do it, but it's likely what he'd take for a 26yo 47g scorer. Don't forget Markov is only 1 year away from complete UFA status, something that has to be considered in today's cap world.

Old
07-19-2006, 09:36 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
I didn't say I'd do it, but it's likely what he'd take for a 26yo 47g scorer. Don't forget Markov is only 1 year away from complete UFA status, something that has to be considered in today's cap world.

I don't believe this rumour, why would Gainey trade for yet another LW when Higgins & Samsonov are already here? Instead of paying Gagne 6mill, take that 6mill and pay Markov who is the backbone of this team. The team looked awfull last year the times Markov was injured...

How many times has Gagne scored 47 goals without Forsberg? Exactly ...

Old
07-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
I don't believe this rumour, why would Gainey trade for yet another LW when Higgins & Samsonov are already here? Instead of paying Gagne 6mill, take that 6mill and pay Markov who is the backbone of this team. The team looked awfull last year the times Markov was injured...

How many times has Gagne scored 47 goals without Forsberg? Exactly ...
I'm not disagreeing with that, in fact this is exactly what I said in my original post, point for point, unless we thought Gagne could be successfully moved to center between Kovalev and Samsonov. Then that'd be a different story, but even then I wouldn't trade Markov for him regardless.

Old
07-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Toro

If phili wants to trade gagne its cause they want to save on cap space for some one else later.(primeau,etc)

So i say Ryder,(who will sign for prob, 2.75 million or so)and a high draft pick(2nd or 3rd)

Philli gets younger and cheaper and a high draft pick. Ryder would do well there.

trades these days will be different, u wont get as much back if u get cap space in the trade, you will get stuff like i suggested above, many gm's have stated this(muckler,etc)there are others i just don't remember which right now, its late.

Old
07-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Mtl6

it wont happen or we would have to give way too much

Old
07-19-2006, 10:26 PM
bayrider

It must be a slow day in Habsland if we're rehashing Gagne rumors

Gagne = overrated x3

Old
07-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified View Post
gagne to montreal rumors never end. Especially friend of a friend's friend. but it came from nielson, who usually doesn't post redundant garble.

I'll still believe it when i see it.
Thanks for saying I usually don't post garbage, like I said the odds of this happening are pretty much next to nothing, but I'm not picking it out of mid air, this buddy of mine is somehow tapped into Philly. He's been right on a couple in the past, however he has also shat the bed the a couple of times.

I'm labelling this a ------ DN - 0.01 % on the Ecklund scale haha.

Old
07-19-2006, 10:45 PM
KBstyle

Gagne hate the habs to dead. He was a Quebec Nordique fan. My friend know him. He was living in the same street and play is amateur hockey with him.

Simon Gagne don't want to be a Habs.

Old
07-19-2006, 10:47 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielson81 View Post
I'm labelling this a ------ DN - 0.01 % on the Ecklund scale haha.
That actually makes it more possible!

Old
07-19-2006, 10:47 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Gagne playing with healthy Forsberg at the beginning of the season [held pointless 4 out of 21 games]: 1.62 PPG

Gagne playing without Forsberg in the lineup [held pointless 11 out of 21 games]: 0.63 PPG

What Gagne will we be paying out the bum for?

Old
07-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBstyle View Post
Gagne hate the habs to dead. He was a Quebec Nordique fan. My friend know him. He was living in the same street and play is amateur hockey with him.

Simon Gagne don't want to be a Habs.
I think this hate/love this/that team argument is really overplayed around here. Those guys are professional athletes. Most don't give a rat's arse what team they rooted for when they were kids save for when they get nostalgic in the end of their careers and want to finish it with the childhood organization. It's a nice story for the fans when you get a life long fan like Higgins playing for the CH but it's just that, a nice story. That won't prevent him from exploring the market when he's a UFA nor will it keep Bergeron from considering Montreal in his UFA year if he feels it's a good fit.

Who cares what team Gagne is/was a fan of? Do you really think that'd prevent him from playing here? That he'd refuse a trade? That he'd get the hell out of here whenever he can because he liked looking at the Fleur de Lys jersey when he was a kid? That's at best far-fetched. I'm sure the team they cheered for as a kid is at the bottom of any of these guys' priority list when choosing a destination, if it's there at all to begin with.

Closed Thread