02-28-2013, 11:22 PM
stungun

vCash: 500
Chuck Kobasew
Ryane Clowe
Jaromir Jagr
Rob Scuderi
Lubomir Visnovsky

all ufa after the season, pretty good +/-, think a big body like Clowe would work. liked Chucky when he was here too. Streits +/- is pretty bad, not sure Clode would dig that too much.

stungun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:31 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliciouspie View Post
i know the rumour was that curtis GLENCROSS had an nmc, but did anyone ever confirm that

because man, there's a guy that has bruins written all over him, he's under contract for a reasonable amount until he's 33, and he probably wouldn't cost the moon

sure, he's a 40-50 point guy right now, but on the other hand, calgary is bad in a particularly terrible way, and he's playing against good defenses in part because calgary is run by a gm who is more concerned about finding his next 4000 calorie meal than building a team that is a) worth a damn b) not a billion years old c) not riding the dead corpse of miikka kiprusoff, so i'd imagine that he'd be able to keep up his production even with reduced ice time
thank you.....the Iginla stuff is so pathetic; if you are going Calgary go this guy- he's super underrated and with Peverley on the 3rd line makes the Bruins top 9 very good

The Bruins got one upped by Montreal because they were going after Ryder, I thought it before and after what I heard today they were targeting him big time.

I wonder what they would have offered- nobody believes they got to that point but the Habs struck and probably knew Boston was all over Ryder

sucks to me about Ryder, but I'm sure they are more disappointed- but forget Iginla and look likely a team like the Panthers that are a goldmine of good third liners

Last edited by DKH: 02-28-2013 at 11:36 PM.
DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:43 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
thank you.....the Iginla stuff is so pathetic; if you are going Calgary go this guy- he's super underrated and with Peverley on the 3rd line makes the Bruins top 9 very good

The Bruins got one upped by Montreal because they were going after Ryder, I thought it before and after what I heard today they were targeting him big time.

I wonder what they would have offered- nobody believes they got to that point but the Habs struck and probably knew Boston was all over Ryder

sucks to me about Ryder, but I'm sure they are more disappointed- but forget Iginla and look likely a team like the Panthers that are a goldmine of good third liners
Been saying Glenncross for a while. 2.5 mil leaves you room for another move, too.

If Chia was on the market for Briere, he's aiming higher than just the 3rd line.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:23 AM
Ratty

If they can't acquire any help on the cheap, I'd be keen to promote Spooner. Kid's got the talent to be a third line LW on this team. And, he has experience (51 games) at the pro level which is not insignificant.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:26 AM
don

I really am not a fan of "rentals". I prefer to plan my moves to help the team long term. One player I think would really help us on the 2nd line is Andrew Ladd. IMO Bergeron's line could use a little size on it and Marchand would improve the 3rd line. I don't know if we could fit him under the Cap though.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:43 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
I really am not a fan of "rentals". I prefer to plan my moves to help the team long term. One player I think would really help us on the 2nd line is Andrew Ladd. IMO Bergeron's line could use a little size on it and Marchand would improve the 3rd line. I don't know if we could fit him under the Cap though.
Excellent player, no way, as of today, the Jets let him go while in a playoff spot. So many players I can think of would be great "fits", so many scenario`s/reasons why they never will be, maybe asking price is obscene, a GM has delusions about his team being playoff bound etc....Chia`s MO is versatile players who are capable of recalling where there own end of the ice is, so that`s my starting point, then I try and narrrow it to a guy who has that aspect, and is either still under contract, or is an outright UFA who Chia believes he could re-sign, then I look at which teams are prime for poaching, and then what would the price be to poach em..

Right now, Columbus is #1 on my list, Oilers #2 for trade partners, then I call Leonis and ask about Brouwer, Feaster is just a denial in motion GM

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:49 AM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Anyone considered Matt Cullen from Minny? Think he would be a perfect fit on that 3rd line. Center flexible, can play pp point, ufa at the end of season..

I'd give a 1st round pick to add him.

CombatOnContact is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Salem13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
If they can't acquire any help on the cheap, I'd be keen to promote Spooner. Kid's got the talent to be a third line LW on this team. And, he has experience (51 games) at the pro level which is not insignificant.
Ryan has 43 games in Pro and one with the Bruins?

Salem13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:35 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
yes, there is a cap in place, you need to identify your projectible NHL talent and avoid moving them for short term gain

its a balancing act and if you are giving up any of the 4 players I think healthly will play years in the NHL I would only move them for guys like Glencross or those type of very capable top 9 character/skill guys who can fit in the cap and add to the team in many ways.

You are right on- Spooner for Iginla is nuts...Iginla will be here with no guarantees to win a Cup for 2 months, wont be able to be resigned, and Spooner will be taking his 900,000 fixed contract to Calgary for two more years, and play likely 10 or more years in the NHL based on what I get from people zillions more smarter than me on his upside

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I still want Okposo or Clutterbuck on our 3rd line. 3rd line needs a big body to create some space.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
I still want Okposo or Clutterbuck on our 3rd line. 3rd line needs a big body to create some space.
3rd line needs someone that can score a goal first and foremost. Pev's and Kelly can play defense just fine, now they need an offensive spark.

Morrow would be nice, depending where Dallas is, Glencross potentially? I'd take a look at Florida's roster too. I'm shooting way in the dark here but I know Peter Mueller is doing pretty decent there right now, been quite the asset on their PP. Not sure what his contract is like, cost or term, but he'd look nice on the third line.

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:17 AM
patty59

Quote:

I think Glencross is a bigger pipe dream than Iginla. Would love to grab either, I've been a big fan of Glencross since his days with the Oilers.

Glencross is CGY's only decent contract right now, maybe Giordano too.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:47 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

I think they could get a minute-eating but overpaid player like J-Bo with the purpose of a buyout. Essentially purchase deadline help for 4.2m (J-Bo's buyout if he can't be moved). Along with J-Bo would come Stempniak or perhaps even another helpful forward if the deal is expanded a bit.

That actually keeps the Bruins spending at the same place next season with the cap drop.

IMO, money is the best, if only, real trade asset the Bruins have right now.

Chia will need to convince his boss to keep the spending the same (~65-67m) with the cap drop and I think the Bruins could mostly purchase their rentals rather than to try dealing from a thin cupboard or taking from a roster that they need to keep intact--save Bourque.

J-Bo is overpaid and overrated and all of that, but he is a top 4 defenseman and the only way the Bruins get one, IMO, is to buy one. I think there is an opportunity here to deal with a team like Calgary.

Last edited by trenton1: 03-01-2013 at 03:59 PM.
trenton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
I still think we end up with Ryane Clowe.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Fwiw, I don't think the Chiarelli is either. PC has re-signed most of his deadline additions and the ones he didn't proved to be a poor fit.

I don't know if that will change because this is kind of a unique situation with the cap next year, but that's been his M.O..

03-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I still think we end up with Ryane Clowe.
I'd love Clowe, but I have to wonder why SJ would move him, and if they did, wouldn't they be looking for something similar to the Ryder deal? (i.e. Get a roster player back.) I don't see the B's giving up any roster players.

Bill Ladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem13 View Post
Ryan has 43 games in Pro and one with the Bruins?
Check last two seasons at PRO.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
Anyone considered Matt Cullen from Minny? Think he would be a perfect fit on that 3rd line. Center flexible, can play pp point, ufa at the end of season..

I'd give a 1st round pick to add him.
Holy over-payment.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:46 AM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
Holy over-payment.
I think Cullen could be re-signed to a decent contract too. There's some familiarity with Kelly (20 games or so).. A 1st may seem like a steep price, but to me it's not. Would be late in the round and could easily turn out to be a bust. Cullen is a solid clutch player and to me he fits with everything the Bruins need. He can play any forward position, move into the top 6 in injury situations, he would be a help to the powerplay, he kills penalties, good on draws, Cup winner, loads of experience... for a 1st? I'd say that's a steal. Would not shock me if that wasn't enough to get him.

Cullen-Kelly-Peverley

That instantly makes the 3rd line an offensive threat.

CombatOnContact is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:34 PM
kdog82

Quote:

Agreed! Go to the Panthers and you have plethora of excellent 3rd liners to chose from. Kopecky would be a great addition and Santorelli would be a good addiditon imo. Santorelli could play 3rd or 4th line. Good speed and a nice touch around the net.

kdog82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:39 PM
TCL40

I don't watch enough Western Conference hockey to really get a good sense of who would be a good trade to shoot for, but I think the third line needs an upgrade and wouldn't mind seeing the defense get an upgrade, but would rather put the money into the forwards.

If Chia looks eastern conference for a trade, it is likely the southeast who will be trading and the Panthers or Caps would be the most likely. I don't particularly see a deal with Buffalo, but I sense the Sabres are due a rebuild (but my guess is they take their fire sale to the western conference or at least outside the division).

Quote:
If Chia was on the market for Briere, he's aiming higher than just the 3rd line.
I think if Chia picks up Briere a roster player is going the other way, but agree if Briere is coming it isn't to play on the third line (either a top 6 is going the other way or somebody in the top six is moving to the third).

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote