HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Spring Training Madness the 1st: Canada/USA (WBC) Sunday @ 4pm ET/1pm PT

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
So Jeff Blair said the Jays had a deal agreed upon for Jake Peavy earlier in the offseason but the White sox pulled the plug at the last minute.
Sure, I could buy it. AA said that the other blockbuster that didn't go through was early in the off-season... perhaps before the decision of picking up club options which Peavy had left and something Jays might have been willing to pick up. Something like Peavy and Floyd perhaps? It would impact the payroll in a similar way Marlins deal did.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Bob Barker

Can the Jays please trade for Justin Morneau? I know they won't, but I have a man crush on him after he called out Russell Martin.

Also, if the Jays called up Gose (I know he'll start in AAA), they could be reeeeal fast. (as opposed to reeal fast which they can be without Gose).

Reyes-SS
Bonifacio- 2B
Bautista- RF
Edwin- 1B
Cabrera- LF
JPA- C
Lawrie-3B
Gose- CF
Davis- DH

7-8-9-1-2 would be crazy (and yes I know JP shouldn't hit 6th)

Old
03-01-2013, 10:57 AM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barker View Post
Can the Jays please trade for Justin Morneau? I know they won't, but I have a man crush on him after he called out Russell Martin.

Also, if the Jays called up Gose (I know he'll start in AAA), they could be reeeeal fast. (as opposed to reeal fast which they can be without Gose).

Reyes-SS
Bonifacio- 2B
Bautista- RF
Edwin- 1B
Cabrera- LF
JPA- C
Lawrie-3B
Gose- CF
Davis- DH

Sign Usain Bolt solely as a late inning pinch runner for our slower guys. Then we'd be reeeeeeeeeeal fast

Old
03-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Everyone's talking about how JA Happ might ask for a trade if he's sent to AAA and doesn't find a spot in the rotation within a few weeks.

I'd like to think that Happ for Morneau + mid level prospect might be a reasonable move. I'd even be okay doing it straight up, even though I'm probably the only one.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Bob Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselLooksLikeRadar View Post
Sign Usain Bolt solely as a late inning pinch runner for our slower guys. Then we'd be reeeeeeeeeeal fast
Bolt in for JPA. Bunt homerun!

If he'll play in the NBA celebrities game, I'm sure he'll be a pinch runner for the Jays. Part of his training regiment.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post
Everyone's talking about how JA Happ might ask for a trade if he's sent to AAA and doesn't find a spot in the rotation within a few weeks.

I'd like to think that Happ for Morneau + mid level prospect might be a reasonable move. I'd even be okay doing it straight up, even though I'm probably the only one.
Doesn't make sense to do it now. Jays need starting pitching depth as opposed to a 1B/DH, especially one who hasn't been that good since his concussion. He makes way too much for Jays to fit him in the budget right now too. He is still an upgrade over Lind though. If Lind is struggling mid-season, I could see Jays exploring a trade for Morneau but probably not right now.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Doesn't make sense to do it now.
Of course not. I guess I didn't imply it enough, but I meant as a May/June trade, maybe even as late as July if Happ is patient enough or the Jays find a temporary spot for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Jays need starting pitching depth as opposed to a 1B/DH
Agreed, and I think we keep Happ no matter what if Happ is okay with being in AAA or we can find a spot for him in the Majors. But there's been a few rumbling (not really rumours as much as speculation) that Happ might ask for a trade if he find himself stuck at AAA for an extended period to start the season. In that case, I think you consider getting Morneau for him. Twins could use the young pitching, and Lind is a bit of an uncertain commodity, even if he has a good start to the season. I wouldn't be surprised if we could get one of those young reliever arms with Morneau, too.

The obvious problem is that Morneau is a LHB like Lind. If you can find a healthier RHB somewhere else for Happ, even if he has less track record and/or lower numbers, I think you make that move first.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:01 PM
trellaine201

Who will be our play by play man and color commentator?

Thanks

Old
03-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
Who will be our play by play man and color commentator?

Thanks
On TV it's the same as last year: Buck Martinez and a rotation of other guys (Rance, Tabler, Fletch, Zaun, etc).

Radio will be Jack Morris on color with Jerry still on PBP. I'm not sure if anyone's confirmed if Jack will rotate innings for PBP like Tom and Jerry and Jerry and Alan did. Maybe Wilner will be a 3rd man for that role?

Old
03-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Eyedea
Breakout Player

vCash: 350
I haven't even seen/heard Mulliniks or Fletcher for the last 2 years.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
I haven't even seen/heard Mulliniks or Fletcher for the last 2 years.
I think both have still been doing the West road games (Seattle, Anaheim, Oakland). I don't catch those games on TV most of the time (and there's only 2 series each season, IIRC), so I haven't, either, but I think they're still unofficially officially members of the broadcast team.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:44 PM
Dwight K Schrute

2 run bomb for lawrie

Old
03-01-2013, 12:55 PM
weems

Gose another 2 hits today.

Cant wait until hes on the team fulltime.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
I think both have still been doing the West road games (Seattle, Anaheim, Oakland). I don't catch those games on TV most of the time (and there's only 2 series each season, IIRC), so I haven't, either, but I think they're still unofficially officially members of the broadcast team.
Nah, it was all Pat Tabler last season. I really don't understand why they are keeping Pat Tabler on.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:02 PM
BertCorbeau
Speak my Changuage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight K Schrute View Post
2 run bomb for lawrie
Beauty .. Hoping Lawrie can have better power numbers this year, pop 20+ dingers

Old
03-01-2013, 01:08 PM
smitty10

Quote:

Reyes-SS
Bonifacio- 2B
Bautista- RF
Edwin- 1B
Cabrera- LF
JPA- C
Lawrie-3B
Gose- CF
Davis- DH

I'm with you completely. Morneau would be a great addition to this team and has recently stated that if he had to leave Minnesota, Toronto would be the place he'd want to play. We should move Happ if he wants out and acquire Morneau to be our DH/1st basemen and have Lind as back up DH until they can move him.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Suntouchable13

Was Halladay Phillippe Aumont's idol? I swear he looks just like him on the mound. It's uncanny.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Felstead
Boss Status

Are you crazy! HAHA

Old
03-01-2013, 03:04 PM
BertCorbeau
Speak my Changuage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felstead View Post

Are you crazy! HAHA
That's ... Ballsy

Old
03-01-2013, 05:40 PM
trellaine201

Any WBC games on the tv? Maybe a schedule? Network? Online?

Thanks

Old
03-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Eyedea
Breakout Player

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
Any WBC games on the tv? Maybe a schedule? Network? Online?

Thanks
http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/201...mer_breakdown/

Canada and the US are in Pool D.
Quote:
Pool D - Arizona, U.S.A.

Thursday, March 7, Italy @ Mexico, 3 p.m. ET/Noon PT (Sportsnet ONE)

Friday, March 8, Canada @ Italy, 2:30 p.m. ET/11:30 a.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)

Friday, March 8, Mexico @ U.S.A., 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE)

Saturday, March 9, Canada @ Mexico, 2:30 p.m. ET/11:30 a.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)

Saturday, March 9, U.S.A. @ Italy, 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario and West)

Sunday, March 10, U.S.A. @ Canada, 4 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)
For anyone wanting to watch DR or maybe the stacked Venezuela

Quote:
Pool C - San Juan, Puerto Rico

Thursday, March 7, Venezuela @ Dominican Republic, 6:30 p.m. ET/3:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario and ONE)

Saturday, March 9, Dominican Republic @ Spain, 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE)

Saturday, March 9, Puerto Rico @ Venezuela, 5:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario and West)

Sunday, March 10, Dominican Republic @ Puerto Rico, 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East and Ontario)
2nd round (Americas are in Pool 2)

Quote:
Pool 1 - Tokyo, Japan

Thursday, March 7, Pool A Runner-Up @ Pool B Winner, 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE)

Friday, March 8, Pool B Runner-Up @ Pool A Winner, 5 a.m. ET/2 a.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE)

Saturday, March 9, Game 1 Loser @ Game 2 Loser, 5 a.m. ET/2 a.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE)

Sunday, March 10, Game 1 Winner @ Game 2 Winner, 6 a.m. ET/3 a.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE)

Monday, March 11, Game 3 Winner @ Game 4 Loser, 6 a.m. ET/3 a.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE)

Tuesday, March 12, Game 5 Winner @ Game 4 Winner, 6 a.m. ET/3 a.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE)
Quote:
Pool 2 - Miami, U.S.A.

Tuesday, March 12, Pool D Runner-Up @ Pool C Winner, 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE)

Tuesday, March 12, Pool C Runner-Up @ Pool D Winner, 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East and Ontario)

Wednesday, March 13, Game 1 Loser @ Game 2 Loser, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE)

Thursday, March 14, Game 1 Winner @ Game 2 Winner, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, West, Pacific and ONE)

Friday, March 15, Game 3 Winner @ Game 4 Loser, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE)

Saturday, March 16, Game 5 Winner @ Game 4 Winner, 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE)
semi-final and final round

Quote:
Semifinal and Championship - San Francisco, U.S.A.

Sunday, March 17, Pool 2 Runner-Up @ Pool 1 Winner, 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario and Pacific and Sportsnet 590 The FAN)

Monday, March 18, Pool 1 Runner-Up @ Pool 2 Winner, 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, ONE, Pacific and Sportsnet 590 The FAN)

Tuesday, March 19, Semifinal 1 Winner @ Semifinal 2 Winner, 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT (Sportsnet Ontario, West and Pacific and Sportsnet 590 The FAN, and joined in progress on Sportsnet East)

Old
03-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Dr.Funk

vCash: 1060
Quote:

Tabler and Buck were the main team last season and when one of them was off Alan Ashby came over from the radio booth.

Those were the only 3 to do TV last season.

Old
03-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiff17 View Post
Hopefully Rasmus didn't hurt his shoulder too badly, all I want is a healthy opening day line-up.
If we have an injury, that's probably the one position where we at least have a suitable replacement.

Last edited by Hawkguy: 03-01-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old
03-01-2013, 08:16 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
If we have an injury, that's probably the one position where we at least have a suitable replacement.

If there is an injury, Gose can fill that spot, he has looked good so far, though it is early

Old
03-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Edler Von Gud

Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
If there is an injury, Gose can fill that spot, he has looked good so far, though it is early
I hope for atleast one game this season we see Reyes, Emilio, Davis, and Gose all in the lineup. I wanna see a triple steal.

Closed Thread