HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [24-30-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 09:25 AM
cphabs
It complels you!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukimono View Post
Bournival with 19 pts and is now even in +/- !!!

How is that even possible on this team
I agree! What's the deal with this kid?

Old
03-01-2013, 10:09 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
He's very reliable defensively. Hard working player with tremendous speed. Lacks a bit of finish but he has some offensive talent. A slightly less talented Leblanc. He's less mean too. But he's a better skater.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
He's very reliable defensively. Hard working player with tremendous speed. Lacks a bit of finish but he has some offensive talent. A slightly less talented Leblanc. He's less mean too. But he's a better skater.
This is why I keep saying he's our next Tom Pyatt (who is currently a 3rd liner for the Lightning).

Old
03-01-2013, 10:56 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

He's going to make the jump sooner or later, and given that he's French AND reliable, I don't see how he won't put a lot of pressure on Bergevin to translate our increasingly capable depth into elite performers.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:06 AM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
No expert, just a fan, but wasn't Guy Carbonneau the last prospect described as this? The "tremendous speed" was the clincher for me.

Last player I should say. Not prospect. Still fits in my book. Before you post his Jr. stats as a point getter, I know.

Last edited by cphabs: 03-01-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old
03-01-2013, 12:50 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
No expert, just a fan, but wasn't Guy Carbonneau the last prospect described as this? The "tremendous speed" was the clincher for me.

Last player I should say. Not prospect. Still fits in my book. Before you post his Jr. stats as a point getter, I know.
He has ways to go. Carbonneau was one of the best 3rd liners the Habs ever had. That's a pretty high bar to set for Bournival. He plays the same kind of game, but I don't see him become as good, Shocking, I know right?

I think he's a very safe bet to become an NHLer. I always thought he'd be in the NHL before Gallagher, because of his versatility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
This is why I keep saying he's our next Tom Pyatt (who is currently a 3rd liner for the Lightning).
He's grittier than Pyatt and better along the boards. But beside that I see where you're going.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:09 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

Side Note... Hamilton has signed a 3 yr extention with the Bulldogs and Montreal Canadiens..

Old
03-01-2013, 01:13 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
He has ways to go. Carbonneau was one of the best 3rd liners the Habs ever had. That's a pretty high bar to set for Bournival. He plays the same kind of game, but I don't see him become as good, Shocking, I know right?

I think he's a very safe bet to become an NHLer. I always thought he'd be in the NHL before Gallagher, because of his versatility.

He's grittier than Pyatt and better along the boards. But beside that I see where you're going.

As a fan, I would attribute Carbo's success to two things. First, his speed and quickness while skating. Second, vision.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:27 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
As a fan, I would attribute Carbo's success to two things. First, his speed and quickness while skating. Second, vision.
He also had a great veteran to teach him a few things.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:31 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamiltonOHL View Post
Side Note... Hamilton has signed a 3 yr extention with the Bulldogs and Montreal Canadiens..
Was waiting to hear what would happen. Glad to see they are staying for 3 more years. Will be interesting to see what management has in store for next season, if they change coaches again or for the first time in 5 years the Dogs would not have a new bench boss. (Lever/Boucher/the Randy's/CJ/SL)

Quote:
Bournival has been solid at both ends, nothing flashy but he works hard. I struggle to figure out what his NHL upside is as he could be a bottom line foward but he's not overly big and doesn't have much of a physical edge to his game. Others are higher on him then I am but he works hard consistently and can play on the PK.

Old
03-01-2013, 04:14 PM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamiltonOHL View Post

Ok so thats it for LAVAL. it would have been nice to have the dogs in Laval in a big new arena

Old
03-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Ok so thats it for LAVAL. it would have been nice to have the dogs in Laval in a big new arena
Well, the Laval arena won't be ready for what, 2 years? I see the habs affiliate in Laval in 3-5 years. Hamilton could get another farm team (better market than other places).

Old
03-01-2013, 06:13 PM
OutbreakCH

Can anyone give me reports on beaulieu's development? do we see him in the line up in the next 2 years?

Old
03-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutbreakCH View Post
Can anyone give me reports on beaulieu's development? do we see him in the line up in the next 2 years?
He seems to be progressing well, especially when you consider where he was to start the season. Defintiely should be in our lineup sometime in 2015, my guess is he'll spend all of next season in the AHL and be a candidate for the 2014-15 Habs.

Dogs currently down 3-2, Tenute from Holland and Tinordi and Leblanc from Blunden and Beaulieu the scoring plays.

Old
03-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Dunno if anyone is in the Ottawa area, but Bulldogs game tonight is on Rogers 22. FWIW.

Old
03-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Actually, the deal is 3 years but there's an option on the 3rd year....And there are some problems in Laval that could probably take...2 years to figure out. Do the math....there'a strong chance that the Dogs play in Laval in 3 years.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:50 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
The Habs kept the right to move the team wherever they want after the 2nd year of the lease I believe.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:22 PM
25get

What happened with Dumont? There is now a X besides his name but he played against Binghampton.
Two choices: Injured or call back to Montreal.
The former seems more probable because Nokkalainen is coming back... Our best scorer.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
What happened with Dumont? There is now a X besides his name but he played against Binghampton.
Two choices: Injured or call back to Montreal.
The former seems more probable because Nokkalainen is coming back... Our best scorer.
@CanadiensMTL
Gabriel Dumont a été rappelé des Bulldogs de Hamilton. / Gabriel Dumont called up from the @BulldogsAHL.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1364201

Old
03-02-2013, 12:28 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

If Noke is coming back, maybe he can get a conditioning stint with Hamilton for a few weeks.

Old
03-02-2013, 07:53 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
If Noke is coming back, maybe he can get a conditioning stint with Hamilton for a few weeks.
Yeah serves 2 purposes...gets him back to game shape and buys MB more time to make a roster move if Bourque and Diaz are ready.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:08 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Yeah serves 2 purposes...gets him back to game shape and buys MB more time to make a roster move if Bourque and Diaz are ready.
No need to move anyone really. I thought you were gonna say "give Hamilton a Dumont replacement so they don't suck even more."

Old
03-02-2013, 11:31 AM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
He also had a great veteran to teach him a few things.
Yep, that too.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
This would make sense. Unless habs actually need him because of another
injury. It's better to let Dumont watch a few NHL games, and get a few practices
and NHL pay-checks.

That way if someone else gets hurt, and you need Noke to play regularly,
he won't come in completely cold. After all, he hasn't played a game in a long time.

Old
03-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Alexdaman

Nice to see Nathan Beaulieu picking up a couple GWG ans pts in the past few games.

It will be interesting to see how the team is going to perform without Dumont, let's hope Leblanc comes back and give a good finish to the season.

Closed Thread