HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers - Blues Proposal.

Old
07-19-2006, 03:33 AM
polar bear

vCash: 500
Flyers - Blues Proposal.

To STL - Handzus and Esche

To Philly - Backman or Jackman plus pick (3rd or 4th). If the Blues were so inclined I'd take Jamal Mayers in lieu of the pick.

Rationale. The Blues are weak at center and in goal, both areas would obviously be addressed in this deal. The Flyers could use a top 4 Dman which either of these guys are.

Backman is unsigned I believe but that could be a sign and deal thing, Jackman makes around 1.5. The Blues would take on a little salary but not much and they have the room. Zus makes 2.2 and Esche is at 1 million per, pretty good bang for your buck there.

What do you say Bluenotes.

polar bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 03:38 AM
66-29-33

66-29-33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 04:20 AM
Brandinho

Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Uh...why?

Blues have two very capable young goalies in Sanford and Cash. Esche was really bad last year. Handzus doesn't even come close to making this equal.

Brandinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 05:53 AM
Plager05

Almost every Blues prosposal has Backman or Jackman. Can someone please offer something decent for one of them? We want some good forward prospects.

Plager05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:30 AM
Cap'n Flavour

Send a message via ICQ to Cap'n Flavour Send a message via MSN to Cap'n Flavour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plager05 View Post
Almost every Blues prosposal has Backman or Jackman. Can someone please offer something decent for one of them? We want some good forward prospects.
Handzus isn't something decent? I don't see why the Blues would want him but he's a good player.

Cap'n Flavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 06:35 AM
EagleBelfour

In blues perspective: Cash and Sanford > Esche. If Blues want a G, they will seek for a defenitive upgrade.

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 07:48 AM
Irish Blues

I still find it humorous that fans of other teams are offering to trade us a goalie, but only if they get back a key piece of our defense or a top prospect. As much as people here ragged on Esche last year, I'd be surprised if 20 people here thought he'd bring back even Jackman in a deal.

07-19-2006, 07:52 AM
Kaktus*

Who is Jackman? I honestly had to look him up. Same goes for Sanford? Is Sanford the guy who had success in 13 NHL games?

I know Esche gets bashed almost in every thread. But he is 28 and makes 1 million dollars. He is a nice NHL back up. Sanford? Who the hell is Sanford.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 07-19-2006 at 08:00 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:01 AM
BruinAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Who is Jackman? I honestly had to look him up. Same goes for Sanford? Is Sanford the guy who had success in 13 NHL games?

I know Esche gets bashed almost in every thread. But he is 28 and makes 1 million dollars. He is a nice NHL back up. Sanford? Who the hell is Sanford.
Oh, I forgot, because YOU don't know someone they must be bad, but in reality, you just don't know very much.

BruinAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:07 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinAddict View Post
Oh, I forgot, because YOU don't know someone they must be bad, but in reality, you just don't know very much.
Did I say they are bad? You are right, I probably do not know very much about the Blues. So tell me Mr.Know It All... Enlighten me...
Jackman and Sanford, go on.

Old
07-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Did I say they are bad? You are right, I probably do not know very much about the Blues. So tell me Mr.Know It All... Enlighten me...
Jackman and Sanford, go on.
Jackman won a little thing called the "Calder Trophy" in 2003. It goes to the league's top rookie. He's also the heart and soul of the team and a future team captain.

Sanford played .500 for the worst team in the league, when every other goalie the Blues put out there was getting lit up. Sanford performed awesome on a bad team, and quickly gained the respect and confidence of his teammates. In the last 10 years of St. Louis netminders, he probably looks the most competent.

Counter-offer: Backman & Mayers for Carter

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:27 AM
BruinAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmans Domain View Post
Jackman won a little thing called the "Calder Trophy" in 2003. It goes to the league's top rookie. He's also the heart and soul of the team and a future team captain.

Sanford played .500 for the worst team in the league, when every other goalie the Blues put out there was getting lit up. Sanford performed awesome on a bad team, and quickly gained the respect and confidence of his teammates. In the last 10 years of St. Louis netminders, he probably looks the most competent.

BruinAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:33 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:

Sold on Jackman. So in terms of value the original trade makes zero sens to the Blues fans. I have no problem with that. Blues are set in goal with Sanford because he played .500.
Handzus and Esche will not help your team.
Quote:
Counter-offer: Backman & Mayers for Carter
Do not make me laugh.

Old
07-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus
Do not make me laugh.
It's no worse than the original offer. Christian Backman is a solid 2-way defenseman who is starting to find his offense. He excelled in the Olympics and was a key member of Team Sweden's Gold winning hockey team. He's a legitimate #2 D-man in the league and is capable of 40-50 points from the blueline while displaying good defensive awareness. He plays in all situations and if he had any kind of talent around him last season (and if had stayed healthy for the whole season) last year would have been a break out season for him.

The Blues are expecting big things from Backman this season, and are planning to build their defense around Erik Johnson, Jackman, Backman & McKee. If you're going to pry him out of St. Louis it's gonna take something more along my deal (Carter) than the original proposal (Esche/Handzus).

Also, the Blues probably won't be trading away picks anytime soon...but if you want to send St. Louis picks you could probably get: Drake, Mayers, Salvador, Walker, Woywitka, Bacashihua, Shishkanov or Hinote.

Old
07-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Quote:
Also, the Blues probably won't be trading away picks anytime soon...but if you want to send St. Louis picks you could probably get: Drake, Mayers, Salvador, Walker, Woywitka, Bacashihua, Shishkanov or Hinote.
If I was a GM I'd take Bacashihua for a pick/picks in a second.

Armond White is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 10:22 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
It's no worse than the original offer.
I did not create this thread. Blues are not the team I follow closely. I donot follow them at all. You want to be all over me? Thats fine by me.
Was Backman really a key? I thought Kenny Jonsson, Mattias Norstrom, Marcus Ragnarsson, Nicklas Lidstrom and Mattias Ohlund. and because Kim Johnsson didn't make... or well there comes yoru key. Never the less I guess he is a good player? Better then useless Handzus.
P.S Sorry for asking who Jackman and Sanford were.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 07-19-2006 at 10:28 AM.
Old
07-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmans domain
it's no worse than the original offer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus
I did not create this thread. Blues are not the team I follow closely. I donot follow them at all. You want to be all over me? Thats fine by me.
Was Backman really a key? I thought Kenny Jonsson, Mattias Norstrom, Marcus Ragnarsson, Nicklas Lidstrom and Mattias Ohlund. and because Kim Johnsson didn't make... or well there comes yoru key. Never the less I guess he is a good player? Better then useless Handzus.
P.S Sorry for asking who Jackman and Sanford were.
paranoid much?
I never said "it's worse than YOUR original offer"....and I didn't realize i was "all over" you.

have a great day!

Old
07-19-2006, 11:01 AM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

man these blues fans are confident, but maybe a little jumpy over trades. have the blues?Handzus was solid when he was healthy in the playoffs. it should be an exciting season.

well eshe played for team usa so he is a little stronger then your advertisement.

ImpressedDAHagent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Mythology

Backman could be all those things you describe but as you also indicate he isn't yet. At 26, unsigned, and approaching unrestricted free agency it is very hard to imagine a team will trade a 21 yr old center that proved in his 1st season he is a top 6 forward for him. It would be a very dumb move with the cap.

Mythology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 11:27 AM
AvsGuy

I find it humorous that Kaktus did not know who Barrett Jackman is. Nothing like running into the battlefield holding a toothpick...

AvsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy View Post
I find it humorous that Kaktus did not know who Barrett Jackman is. Nothing like running into the battlefield holding a toothpick...
Well someday I will be just like you. I will keep working real hard.

Old
07-19-2006, 12:14 PM
Bleedblue11

Quote:
Originally Posted by impressingagent View Post
man these blues fans are confident, but maybe a little jumpy over trades. have the blues?Handzus was solid when he was healthy in the playoffs. it should be an exciting season.

well eshe played for team usa so he is a little stronger then your advertisement.
I agree, seems like my fellow fans have been a bit touchy on the trades, but for the most part I agree that most trade proposals have not made much sense as far as the future of the Blues is concerned.

I'd LOVE to get Handzus back, I really would, but I wouldn't be willing to part with Backman myself. Backman is a solid D-man who can play the offensive side of the puck as well, he'd be a great asset to any team. If we were to trade him, I'd imagine it would be at the deadline and he'd fetch a larger return than Handzus.

Esche is not really needed. If the Blues were to get another goalie, I imagine it would be someone better than Esche myself. The trade really doesn't help us, we need youth and scoring, not goaltending and depth.

Bleedblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:41 PM
BleedBlue65

Send a message via Yahoo to BleedBlue65
Quote:
Originally Posted by impressingagent View Post

Eshe and Handzus for either/or Backman, Jackman and a mid round pick?

You are correct on Eshe " Playing" for team USA in Torino. Everyone knows Ryan Miller should have been there instead, but was injured when it came down to selection time for USA'a Olympic Roster...

BleedBlue65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:59 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy View Post
i can say from expereience that his lack knowlwdge of future good to great players is not limited to just your team. I apologize. Also all you had to do was follow the NHL to know that sanford was playing awesome till he go hurt. I bel;ieve that you guys had a sting where you beat a lot of good teams. I think he will be good.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 11:47 PM
BringBackStevens

yeah, this isn't really a good deal for STL at all

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote