HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JUST FOR FUN...What would you be willing to give up for Evander Kane?

Old
03-01-2013, 08:11 AM
MTaylorJ1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Where is all the Kane hate coming from? How are his pics different then Seguin's and his underage drinking? Because he has a personality?
Wouldn't be surprised Lou, if in a few cases, it wasn't something a bit more nefarious.

Would love to get my hands on Evander Kane, another example of where our drafting between 07'-09' comes back to haunt us. If we had another young, cost controlled wing to give up, I think you'd be able to put a package together for him. Pair up your 3 centers with your best wings (Bergeron-Marchand, Seguin-Kane, Lucic-Krejci) and then fill in the blanks and roll teams into Bolivian.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:36 AM
PlayMakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
It's his goal scoring and style that interests me. He's dropped 30 already and will no doubt only get better (already has 9 in 20 this year). That's high end.

Then you consider the style of game. Milan Lucic leads the forward corp with 69 hits... Chris Bourque a distant second with a whopping 24 hits. You have Lucic and Horton up front with size, then nothing. That's worrisome, especially considering Horton is a UFA.

If Kane was at all attainable I'd be after him.

But knocking out Matt Cooke was pretty darn cool too. Could probably market it, might be a bonus.
I agree. The B's need to get bigger and Kane is a terrific talent.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:40 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
Wouldn't be surprised Lou, if in a few cases, it wasn't something a bit more nefarious.

Would love to get my hands on Evander Kane, another example of where our drafting between 07'-09' comes back to haunt us. If we had another young, cost controlled wing to give up, I think you'd be able to put a package together for him. Pair up your 3 centers with your best wings (Bergeron-Marchand, Seguin-Kane, Lucic-Krejci) and then fill in the blanks and roll teams into Bolivian.
I have plenty of friends who say that Seguin rubs them the wrong way...He looks "smug" , those Cup party pictures .....stuff like that...

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:01 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

I think I would do Seguin and McQuaid for Kane & Bogosian. Point wise its a wash. But an infusion of 200 hits a year and grit.

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:42 PM
almostawake

As a Jets fan that followed the Bruins exclusively from 1996 until last season I'll try to give a balanced perspective on both teams regarding Kane.

Jets: The Jets cannot trade Kane without getting at least one young (under 24y/o) top 6 forward or top 4 defence roster player in return. It simply is not possible. Any trade with draft picks or players not established in the NHL as centre pieces are impossible. At the same time the Jets are a long way from competing in any serious way, so any player much older than Kane isn't a good centre piece either. This really restricts the set of pieces the Bruins could offer.

Taking this only from a Jets perspective (ie. I am in no way, shape, or form saying this would make sense for the Bruins) the players that a deal could be based around are Seguin, Hamilton, and maybe Marchand or Lucic.

Again, to be clear, I recognize that from a Boston point of view none of these players would be worth offering.

Bruins: As someone who has watched every game Kane has every played for the Jets, and approximately 25 of his games before they moved (thanks hockeystreams!) it is my firm opinion that the Bruins should not be interested in Kane for anything close to the price the Jets would demand. Kane hits frequently. Kane can fight. Kane is fast. Kane has a very good shot. But outside of the fact he hits and will fight, he is very close to being what Phil Kessel was at the same age. To spell it out, Kane is not good along the boards. He is inconsistent in his defensive effort. He is very one dimensional in how he generates his offence, basically break into zone, ignore teammates, toe drag and shoot. To Kane's credit he hits a lot, which can be useful and is a skilled fighter. But on the other hand he is less agile than Kessel, not as good of a stickhandler, and is even worse at using his line mates than Kessel was at the same age.

Basically when I look at Kane, I cannot understand why the Bruins would actually want him. On the surface he possesses some traits that would endear him to the Bruins fans, but over a season he would become a whipping boy with his defensive mistakes and one-dimensional offensive approach.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote