HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Senators Prospect Update 2012-2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Proust

vCash: 500
Claesson might not get his chance with Ottawa, because the following guys bring the same kind of game and are ahead of him on the depth chart:
- Methot
- Cowen
- Gryba
- Borocop

Old
02-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Micklebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
Claesson might not get his chance with Ottawa, because the following guys bring the same kind of game and are ahead of him on the depth chart:
- Methot
- Cowen
- Gryba
- Borocop
He's 2 to 7 years younger than those guys. If he wasn't behind them on the depth chart, they wouldn't be looking like they have a chance at panning out.ng out.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
- Methot
- Cowen
- Gryba
- Borocop
Sdao could also be ahead of him. It is kind of hard to tell with NCAA guys though. We will be able to get a much better indication when Sdao turns pro, which should occur in another week or so.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:45 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
- Methot
- Cowen
- Gryba
- Borocop
I would put Karlsson, Methot, Cowen, Wiercioch, Gryba, Boroweicki & Ceci ahead of Claesson.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I would put Karlsson, Methot, Cowen, Wiercioch, Gryba, Boroweicki & Ceci ahead of Claesson.
Karlsson, Wiercioch and Ceci are all offensive d men, Claesson would have to develop a much stronger offensive game to be in a position to take any of their spots.

Old
02-26-2013, 06:03 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Karlsson, Wiercioch and Ceci are all offensive d men, Claesson would have to develop a much stronger offensive game to be in a position to take any of their spots.
Yes & Claesson is also a left shot which means at the moment Methot, Cowen, Wiercioch, Boroweicki & Phillips are all ahead of him on the left side & four of those guys could be considered defensive defencemen. But you never know, one of them could be traded. Then there is Lundin & Gonchar who I think will be traded or not re-signed.

And we are forgetting Wikstrand who is the latest superstar prospect on this board & he is a left shot but I believe he is staying in Sweden for next season. And then the guys who could be coming at the end of this season like Sdao, Franson & if Murray signs any NCAA defenceman like Sustre. I don't really see a future for Claesson in Ottawa but he could be a good trade peice.

Old
02-26-2013, 06:15 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Lmao, Claesson arguably has higher potential than Boro and Phillips. Why would you trade a defender who is still young showing amaazzzing promise in his first pro year and could develop in a couple of years into a 4-5 defender.

You guys are posting like things are set into stone and we all know they are because Ottawa is guaranteed to ice the same lineup for next couple of years, amirite?

Old
02-26-2013, 06:22 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Lmao, Claesson arguably has higher potential than Boro and Phillips. Why would you trade a defender who is still young showing amaazzzing promise in his first pro year and could develop in a couple of years into a 4-5 defender.

You guys are posting like things are set into stone and we all know they are because Ottawa is guaranteed to ice the same lineup for next couple of years, amirite?
You mean now that Phillips is at the end of his career & no longer playing like the #1 overall pick in his draft yr & Claesson is so much younger. Nothing is written in stone, no one knows what will happen with trades & injuries & no one knows how good Claesson could be. So we make a determination from what we see to date & to date he is low on the depth chart but it's quite possible he can move up especially given he is still young.

Old
02-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Claesson has looked great I wouldn't put it past him to be in Ottawa's future but he's a few years away. I also wouldn't classify Ceci as a purely offensive defenceman. He's a two-way d-man that has a very polished and smart offensive game IMO.

I think Ceci could play for us as early as next year depending on how seriously he takes his off-season training.

EDIT: Also...it would be kind of cool if Ceci kept the number 8 coming up into Ottawa. Favorite number for my favorite prospect now that Silfverberg has graduated.

Last edited by Cujomi: 02-27-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old
02-28-2013, 03:15 PM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post

Should he also have been a first-rounder?

I don't think Borowiecki is that great, but he brings more to the table that an NHL coach would like than Claesson will, I'd say.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Daffy

Lol Noesen, 0 points and a -1 rating in a 7-1 WIN!

Old
03-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Seems the maturity level in this topic took a little dive.

Anyway, I never said that Strome should go first overall anyway...I was highest on Landeskog, Hamilton and Strome though.

When do the college guys get out so they can come over to the AHL?

Old
03-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Claesson has looked great I wouldn't put it past him to be in Ottawa's future but he's a few years away. I also wouldn't classify Ceci as a purely offensive defenceman. He's a two-way d-man that has a very polished and smart offensive game IMO.

I think Ceci could play for us as early as next year depending on how seriously he takes his off-season training.

EDIT: Also...it would be kind of cool if Ceci kept the number 8 coming up into Ottawa. Favorite number for my favorite prospect now that Silfverberg has graduated.
#8 is retired by the Sens.
He could wear #83 like he did for the 67's

Old
03-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
#8 is retired by the Sens.
He could wear #83 like he did for the 67's
Derp.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:49 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
Uh oh. Thats approaching Brett Lebda territory. Maybe he got hurt or something when it was 1-0 in the first? I think thats about the only excuse there is for that haha.

Old
03-01-2013, 04:36 PM
SensPromo
AKA "Inf4mous0ne"

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Uh oh. Thats approaching Brett Lebda territory. Maybe he got hurt or something when it was 1-0 in the first? I think thats about the only excuse there is for that haha.
Or if there were a lot of pp goals

Old
03-01-2013, 06:59 PM
MattSens65

Quote:
Rakell was also -1 with no points

Old
03-01-2013, 07:01 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Noesen was just being a good teammate and letting the lesser scorers put up some points. Shows how good a kid he is!

Old
03-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Daffy

Man, very consistent Noesen is. Followed up last night's stinker with a beauty line tonight.

0 points, -1 in a 7-2 win lol

Old
03-02-2013, 10:36 AM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

Michael Sdao - 2009 7th round draft pick, dman from Princeton - I believe today might be the last NCAA game of his career. I'm looking forward to seeing if he's in Binghamton soon to help out. Big, strong, physical defenseman.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:20 AM
MattSens65

Quote:
Man, very consistent Noesen is. Followed up last night's stinker with a beauty line tonight.

0 points, -1 in a 7-2 win lol
1 goal, -3 in last 3 games.

Scores: L 5-6, W 7-1, W 7-2

Old
03-03-2013, 01:06 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Ceci 1st star, 2+2 tonight
Dzingel had 1 assist this weekend
McCormick 1+2 this weekend v Miami (Ohio)

Old
03-03-2013, 06:49 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Huxtable View Post
Michael Sdao - 2009 7th round draft pick, dman from Princeton - I believe today might be the last NCAA game of his career. I'm looking forward to seeing if he's in Binghamton soon to help out. Big, strong, physical defenseman.
Same here ,he can also fight. He just might just be the tonic we need against the more physical teams in the league

Old
03-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
OHL playoffs are in 2 weeks. All three of our prospects are on teams that have locked a spot the playoffs. All three in same division lol.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:42 AM
WantEggRoll

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post

He wore "5" during training camp this year, so that could be a number he goes with. Could also just be what he was assigned.

Closed Thread