HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 12:20 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Question: (and maybe Holden can help with this) IF the Jets plan to sign Trouba once his college season ends, and he joined the jets at the end of this season, does that eat up a year of his ELC? I think the new CBA has changed regarding this, no?

Rumblings at Michigan that both Merrill and Trouba likely won't be back next year. Complete speculation, imo, but seems interesting.

That may also be why there are many Buff and Hainsey rumors starting to circulate too.
I don't recall hearing about anything changing in regards to ELCs. I do know that NYR ended up eating up a level of Kreider's ELC in last year's playoff run.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:13 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Brassard 2G, 1A
Lowry 1A
Sutter 2A

Old
02-27-2013, 11:19 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Brassard 2G, 1A
Lowry 1A
Sutter 2A
So....

Brassard > Sutter > Lowry
???

Nice to see being sent down to play D (yup the Bulls made Brassard play D instead of F for a game) lit the fire under Brassard's ass haah

Old
02-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Rheged
JMFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
So....

Brassard > Sutter > Lowry
???

Nice to see being sent down to play D (yup the Bulls made Brassard play D instead of F for a game) lit the fire under Brassard's ass haah
Really? Man, I liked Brassard a lot last year, thought he had a pretty good season, and might have some upside as a bottom 6 NHLer..

The way some of our other prospects are playing this year I'd be a little surprised if Brassard got a contract at this point.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
Really? Man, I liked Brassard a lot last year, thought he had a pretty good season, and might have some upside as a bottom 6 NHLer..

The way some of our other prospects are playing this year I'd be a little surprised if Brassard got a contract at this point.
I think Brassard gets a contract, an AHL one at the very least. The icecaps we're looking for a pugilist who can still play hockey and I think Brassard may be able to fill that role for them.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:56 AM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
I think Brassard gets a contract, an AHL one at the very least. The icecaps we're looking for a pugilist who can still play hockey and I think Brassard may be able to fill that role for them.
Yep, he's scored some beauties and he's also pounded the crap out of a few guys. Love that type of player.

02-28-2013, 12:00 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:

The way he started the season, I didn't think he would get a look.

He has picked it up a little though and the IceCaps suck so I could see them adding as many picks as possible.

If nothing else, Brassard, Sutter, Lowry and Sapanori should add a nice bang and crash element to the team.

They may not score a ton, but they will run people the **** over!!

Old
02-28-2013, 12:19 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
The way he started the season, I didn't think he would get a look.

He has picked it up a little though and the IceCaps suck so I could see them adding as many picks as possible.

If nothing else, Brassard, Sutter, Lowry and Sapanori should add a nice bang and crash element to the team.

They may not score a ton, but they will run people the **** over!!
Re Brassard:
I talked back and forth with the Bulls insider guy a bit and he was saying that although Brassard's scoring went down a bit and he wasn't playing to his full potential, that part of his scoring fell due to lack of real set-up man and the other part due to the Bulls system. Now that they have Graovac, Brassard's scoring has picked up.
He also said that the game that Brassard played D for was because with injuries they only dressed 5 D that day and one of them was his first game in the OHL lol

Re IceCaps:
I think Brassard, Sutter, Cisse and JST will be run them over type guys (depending on which 4 get AHL looks), but I think Saponari and Lowry will bring a few more elements to the caps.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:25 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Re Brassard:
I talked back and forth with the Bulls insider guy a bit and he was saying that although Brassard's scoring went down a bit and he wasn't playing to his full potential, that part of his scoring fell due to lack of real set-up man and the other part due to the Bulls system. Now that they have Graovac, Brassard's scoring has picked up.
He also said that the game that Brassard played D for was because with injuries they only dressed 5 D that day and one of them was his first game in the OHL lol

Re IceCaps:
I think Brassard, Sutter, Cisse and JST will be run them over type guys (depending on which 4 get AHL looks), but I think Saponari and Lowry will bring a few more elements to the caps.
I just really want to see what the TNSE Model looks like in the AHL.

The kind of team that IceCaps fans see over the next couple years will be more in line with future Jets teams. They get a preview of sorts.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Rheged
JMFT

Yeah, I guess a few of these guys could end up with AHL deals even if they don't get ELC's.. And the Jets are sitting at ~43 contracts right now I believe, with quite a few RFA/UFA's after this season, so it's not like they're tight up against the contract limit.

I would say Lowry and Sutter are locks to get contracts once their season's are done, and Yuen likely as well. Then you'd have Brassard, Cisse, Samuels-Thomas, and Saponari as your borderline guys.

It will be interesting to see how St. Johns shakes out, seems like we could be graduating a lot of youth to that team, although some would be older a la Redmond last year.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Yeah, I guess a few of these guys could end up with AHL deals even if they don't get ELC's.. And the Jets are sitting at ~43 contracts right now I believe, with quite a few RFA/UFA's after this season, so it's not like they're tight up against the contract limit.

I would say Lowry and Sutter are locks to get contracts once their season's are done, and Yuen likely as well. Then you'd have Brassard, Cisse, Samuels-Thomas, and Saponari as your borderline guys.

It will be interesting to see how St. Johns shakes out, seems like we could be graduating a lot of youth to that team, although some would be older a la Redmond last year.
mmhmmm very interested to see the icecaps next year. These our the guys True north likes, so we get to see what a true north team looks like before we get the full taste up here.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:54 PM
passnthru

vCash: 138
Congrats J.

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2012-1...Monthly_Awards

Just heard it on 1290 and that they will have Kasdorf and Hellebuyck on air sometime soon. No idea when.

1290 also mentioned Hellebuyck getting a rookie of the week but I cannot find a link.

Rocking!

Old
02-28-2013, 05:21 PM
ahplk

Quote:
Originally Posted by passnthru View Post
Congrats J.

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2012-1...Monthly_Awards

Just heard it on 1290 and that they will have Kasdorf and Hellebuyck on air sometime soon. No idea when.

1290 also mentioned Hellebuyck getting a rookie of the week but I cannot find a link.

Rocking!
Hellebuyck earned player of the month as per Scott Brown today:

Scott Brown ‏@BrownScottTN
Kasdorf named ECAC Hockey Goaltender and Rookie of the Month, earning 7-1-0 record, 1.48 GAA and .940 save percentage with RPI Engineers.

Hellebuyck earned Hockey Eastís Athletic Republic Player of the Month. UMass-Lowell goalie had a 5-0-0 record, 1.61 GAA and .933 save %.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:46 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahplk View Post
Hellebuyck earned player of the month as per Scott Brown today:

Kasdorf named ECAC Hockey Goaltender and Rookie of the Month, earning 7-1-0 record, 1.48 GAA and .940 save percentage with RPI Engineers.

Hellebuyck earned Hockey Eastís Athletic Republic Player of the Month. UMass-Lowell goalie had a 5-0-0 record, 1.61 GAA and .933 save %.
Great news we only have to get lucky with 1 goalie prospect and we are set!

Old
02-28-2013, 09:54 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Great news we only have to get lucky with 1 goalie prospect and we are set!
I'm feeling hopeful about those two goalie prospects. I realise that it's a long shot to make the bigs from where they are, but they're playing really well right now and goalies take a long time to cook, relatively speaking. Forwards are a fast fry steak; goalies are a pot roast in the slow cooker.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:42 AM
JMT21

What's the deal with Telegin? Only 10 points in 34 games with the ice caps. Has he been fighting injuries or not living up to expectations? Or Both ?

Old
03-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT21 View Post
What's the deal with Telegin? Only 10 points in 34 games with the ice caps. Has he been fighting injuries or not living up to expectations? Or Both ?
Started off slow but has been out a good while with a concussion I believe.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Adam Lowry, 40 goals, 40 assists, 80 points in 64 games. Awesome production from him! Not to mention the next closest player in goals on the team stands at 22 and points with 53.

03-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Inflict
Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachy Goj View Post
Adam Lowry, 40 goals, 40 assists, 80 points in 64 games. Awesome production from him! Not to mention the next closest player in goals on the team stands at 22 and points with 53.
Lowry is turning out to be a game changer when he shows up to play. I really wish we got to see him play for Team Canad at the WJC. He definitely should have had the call up after Hudon was injured.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:09 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachy Goj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
Lowry is turning out to be a game changer when he shows up to play. I really wish we got to see him play for Team Canad at the WJC. He definitely should have had the call up after Hudon was injured.
Swift Current is playing on Shaw TV tonight against Calgary, looking forward to seeing Lowry play!

Old
03-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Swift Current is playing on Shaw TV tonight against Calgary, looking forward to seeing Lowry play!
oooh i might have to watch that...though my gf might lose her mind if i tell her we need to watch a hockey game on top of every jets game....

Old
03-01-2013, 01:27 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
oooh i might have to watch that...though my gf might lose her mind if i tell her we need to watch a hockey game on top of every jets game....
Thats what the PVR is for Grind

Old
03-01-2013, 01:58 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Thats what the PVR is for Grind
that's what chloroform is for Grind

I mean...

Old
03-01-2013, 02:01 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
that's what chloroform is for Grind

I mean...

Old
03-01-2013, 02:10 PM
ahplk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT21 View Post
I think a lot of it is the lack of success overall for St. John's this year and him having to overcome his injuries from the past year.

There's also this nugget from the tinfoil files...I purple-monkey-dishwasher heard that his wrist injury was a lot worse than what we were led to believe and that it may never be the same.

Not sure if I buy it myself but if his production at a professional level never takes off, that could be a reason why.

Closed Thread