HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #21: vs Edmonton, 2/28 (7:30 PM, Fox Sports Southwest, 1310 AM, 104.1 FM)

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 01:55 AM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Hey here's a cool stat. Dallas plays 1 game in the next 6 days. With 21 games played, teams from 11th to 14th in the West can pass Dallas with games in hand. Not likely ... but that's too close for comfort. CGY would tie them point, but based on ROW and H2H they'd have the edge.

Dallas is in 10th right now, by the time the Pacific road trip rolls around next Thursday, Dallas will probably have fallen from 10th place to 12th place ... even with a win against STL.

Regardless ... the real problem is every team from 6th to 9th has the same number of points as Dallas and at least 2 games in hand.

They recovered from a 0-3-1 losing streak so they should be able to recover from 2-3-1, but they have to pull out of it soon.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:34 AM
HatchtrickBateman

ughh... what a ****** game to watch. This team is so up and down..As Razor said, it's like with Kari back they put very little effort in backchecking. Didn't like Benn's crosscheck, but I could almost see him thinking Jones gave Kari a shove afterward, instead of a pat on the head. Looked like that to me at first. Anybody defending his cheapshot better take their Benn glasses off for a sec.. Morrow, Rousell, Robidas, Fiddler, or Nystrom do that, you all would be whining for them to be suspended/scratched.. no doubt about it. Nystrom's hit definitely didn't appear to be his fault, as so many on the main board thought.

Looking past all of that, Jordie Benn should not be in the lineup.. He plays hard, but he has so many turnovers that always seem to bite us in the *ss. I really don't know what to think of this team. Even though Jamie and Loui haven't played together a ton this year, their chemistry looks non existent. I will say I thought Erik Cole played decent at times, other times had a lot of float to him..ryder like. I would like to see him on the top line soon, replacing Morrow. Which is tough for me to say because Morrow was one of the few guys who played hard the WHOLE game. Just only seems to be effective in front of the net, but has a hard time finishing. People still say he and Robidas are the reason this team still has that "culture" of taking stupid penalties, yet I can't remember the last one hes taken, he's settled his game down alot.......Also would love to see RNH go with Rousell. For such a lil guy he does alot of talking

Last edited by piqued: 03-01-2013 at 12:30 PM. Reason: filter
Old
03-01-2013, 05:53 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 73
gotta say as an oiler fan I am impressed with how you guys reacted to the plays where if it was any other team their fan base would have went on the war path over a few of the penalties. Like the 5 minute major for the hit on Jones, some fans on other teams would have said two minutes at most and with the Nystrom hit--he was given two but some of you guys suggested it should have been 5. Nice to see a board filled with somewhat sane people

Old
03-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
gotta say as an oiler fan I am impressed with how you guys reacted to the plays where if it was any other team their fan base would have went on the war path over a few of the penalties. Like the 5 minute major for the hit on Jones, some fans on other teams would have said two minutes at most and with the Nystrom hit--he was given two but some of you guys suggested it should have been 5. Nice to see a board filled with somewhat sane people
You should see the official Stars board if you want to see completely insane Stars fans.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:07 PM
BigG44

It'll be a fine at most. I didn't think there was any way he was actually injured, but this confirms it:

Quote:
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers

"I'm a little bit sore, obviously. I'll live. Not the worst thing I've ever experienced." - Jones on Benn's cross-check; he'll play tonight

Old
03-01-2013, 03:07 PM
JustinCider

so, do any of you believe that Benn deserves or will be suspended? I believe he should, to me, it was a straight up assault. It doesn't belong in hockey, it's dangerous, and if you think about it, how was this play not worse than Bertuzi's punch to Moore. It was premeditated, dirty, from behind to an unsuspecting player.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:09 PM
JustinCider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
It'll be a fine at most. I didn't think there was any way he was actually injured, but this confirms it:
The intent was to injure, it was clear.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Brand New Stars

Comparing it to what Bertuzzi did is flat out wrong. Sorry. Good luck finding someone here who agrees with you.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
how was this play not worse than Bertuzi's punch to Moore
O Good God.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Brand New Stars

And that is why people jumping boards to talk about plays like this lead to no good.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Bkennedy*
HFBoards Sponsor

It was a stupid play, but there was definitely no intent to injure, just an intent to hurt.

He wouldn't fight, so the message needed to get across somehow.

Last edited by piqued: 03-01-2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: flaming
Old
03-01-2013, 03:20 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkennedy View Post
It was a stupid play, but there was definitely no intent to injure, just an intent to hurt.

He wouldn't fight, so the message needed to get across somehow.
Ignoring all the unnecessary name calling ... I agree with you only on the point there probably won't be a suspension.

To say Jones wouldn't fight is a joke. Benn never made an offer. It was a cross check from behind. If Benn had dropped the gloves, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Last edited by piqued: 03-01-2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: qep
Old
03-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Bkennedy*
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Ignoring all the unnecessary name calling ... I agree with you only on the point there probably won't be a suspension.

To say Jones wouldn't fight is a joke. Benn never made an offer. It was a cross check from behind. If Benn had dropped the gloves, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
He already declined fights. He won't fight for good reason: he's recovering from retina surgery and it could potentially end his career if he got hit. It was a love tap that either got heavily embellished or was maybe just a bit too hard. Looking at the replay, it certainly wasn't an extremely vicious cross-check. It was really meant just to get his attention.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:36 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkennedy View Post
He already declined fights. He won't fight for good reason: he's recovering from retina surgery and it could potentially end his career if he got hit. It was a love tap that either got heavily embellished or was maybe just a bit too hard. Looking at the replay, it certainly wasn't an extremely vicious cross-check. It was really meant just to get his attention.
That's interesting additional information, but the offer was still never made. That was no love tap though ...

Old
03-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Bkennedy*
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
That's interesting additional information, but the offer was still never made. That was no love tap though ...
Haha, that phrasing was a joke. But the cross-check was not particularly vicious. Everyone takes worse than that on a daily basis in front of the net.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:58 PM
piqued

vCash: 3722
K, that's enough of this GDT.

Closed Thread