HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Feaster?

View Poll Results: Should Jay Feaster Be Fired?
Yes 288 81.36%
No 66 18.64%
Voters: 354. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Noori

vCash: 751
Fire Feaster?

Yes or no?

He hasn't made a terrible deal yet, but he has failed to improve the club in any meaningful way. He almost gave away a potential top 10 pick for literally nothing yesterday. The Avs didn't match so he dodged a bullet, but does that forgive the oversight?

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Noori

vCash: 751
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Quote:

BTW, if COL didn't match and CGY got ROR, CGY would've been obligated to put him on waivers. No provision for paying him not to play.
So yeah, we were guaranteed to lose him on waivers.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:22 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 410
The ******* shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:24 PM
DBU
Bars for Eons

vCash: 50
He lucked out here big time but honestly I'm worried about his potential to **** things up harder next time around. Better safe than sorry. Fire him.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Based on the whole waiver thing, yeah, he has to fired. How on earth could the organization miss that? They really are that stupid.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Nordberg

At this point I would be a lot more comfortable with Burke than Feaster.

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:26 PM
weephil56

vCash: 500
The flames were in trouble before he arrived. Some of his trades have been suspect yes but the team he was left with wasnt exactly brimming with trade assets same as now.

weephil56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

I don't mean to intrude, but the Flames would not have lost O'Reilly to waivers, because the rules were changed in the CBA.

Per Bill Daly:
"No, he would not be subject to waivers. He would have been under last year's rules, but that was changed in collective bargaining."

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:31 PM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Flyer View Post
I don't mean to intrude, but the Flames would not have lost O'Reilly to waivers, because the rules were changed in the CBA.

Per Bill Daly:
"No, he would not be subject to waivers. He would have been under last year's rules, but that was changed in collective bargaining."
This has been discussed and debunked in the main O'Reilly thread. He would have been exposed. It's been reported and verified in triplicate.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Flyer View Post

Per Bill Daly:
I believe that concerns the Avs being forced to put him on waivers. The Flames still would've.

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:35 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Yes fire him and bring in Burke, he dodged a bullet but clearly he isn't prepared to be a GM.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:37 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
This has been discussed and debunked in the main O'Reilly thread. He would have been exposed. It's been reported and verified in triplicate.

Ahh, got ya. Haven't seen all the reports, I just figured that Billy Daly should know, since he had a major hand in putting together the new CBA.

I could probably have a copy of the CBA in front of me and not be able to understand it anyway.

Best of luck to you guys.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:38 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
If this O'Reilly on waivers thing proves to be true, this is just inexcusable. This is the sort of thing someone should lose their job over, if this had gone the other way this team would have been set back 5 years, maybe longer. That can have giant implications spanning the life of a franchise.

Nothing against the guy personally, but to make a mistake like that...its time to go.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:39 PM
saillias

This blunder brings Feaster (and Sherman as well to be fair) down to levels of Milbury, Snow, K-Lown incompetence.

On the other hand it seems like no one in the league knew about it either. I don't have the link but O'Reilly's agent is saying on Twitter he didn't even know about the rule, and there were other teams trying to offer sheet him as well.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
This blunder brings Feaster (and Sherman as well to be fair) down to levels of Milbury, Snow, K-Lown incompetence.

On the other hand it seems like no one in the league knew about it either. I don't have the link but O'Reilly's agent is saying on Twitter he didn't even know about the rule, and there were other teams trying to offer sheet him as well.
It's way worse than that. When those GM's made moves, they at least got something back. The Flames would have been left with nothing.

It's the GM's job to know the ramifications of his actions. If Feaster had any integrity, he'd step down in the coming weeks.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:47 PM
MarkGio

It's tough because Feaster is much better than Sutter. While I appreciate a lot of Feaster's moves, this one is inexcusable. Poor guy has no margin for error unfortunately. I voted no because the devil you know is better than the devil you don't

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:50 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
It's tough because Feaster is much better than Sutter. While I appreciate a lot of Feaster's moves, this one is inexcusable. Poor guy has no margin for error unfortunately. I voted no because the devil you know is better than the devil you don't
I agree I have been a big supporter of Feaster but this is a mistake that can't go unpunished, if a coach ****s up and we miss the playoffs they get fired well the GM ****ed up time to let him go.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:07 PM
caley

Outsider here, but I had to weigh in. If I'm an owner, and this is the guy I trust to run my team, how do I trust him after he almost gave away a 1st round pick and 3rd round pick and lost the player he was going for?! It's like a couple summers back when Dale Tallon screwed up the Qualifying Offers for the Blackhawks, meaning they had to overpay a handful of guys. He was let go shortly thereafter, and the team said the QOs didn't factor into it, but, of course, they did. You've got to be able to trust the guy running the team. I don't think you can trust Feaster now.

03-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Money Baer
COYS

I've been a big Feaster supporter until today. If this would have gone down, and we lost our 1st, 3rd, and O'Reilly for nothing, it would have crippled this franchise for quite sometime. That would be two MAJOR trades gone bad in a short period of time (Phaneuf). (and yes, I know that wasn't Feaster.)

I wouldn't mind going after Burke, Hextall, etc. and finally announcing a rebuild. The last few days have been really dark.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:21 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I've been a big Feaster supporter until today. If this would have gone down, and we lost our 1st, 3rd, and O'Reilly for nothing, it would have crippled this franchise for quite sometime. That would be two MAJOR trades gone bad in a short period of time (Phaneuf). (and yes, I know that wasn't Feaster.)

I wouldn't mind going after Burke, Hextall, etc. and finally announcing a rebuild. The last few days have been really dark.
More like hours haha. Riding high leading Avs 3-0 then the rug gets pulled out from under us. The following days should be very interesting indeed.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:26 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

I was in favour of Feaster AND the ROR signing until this came up. This is inexcusable, I think it's time to fire him; I can't trust him anymore with this team.

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Mike Jones

I said Yes but not just for this latest situation (It's serious regardless of whether or not the signing actually went through). As I've stated on another board, Uncle Feaster is obviously out of touch with where his team is and where it can go from here. He also seems philosophically opposed to what has to happen next (A full Monty rebuild).

Mike Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Boomstick

Without a doubt. Fire him.

Boomstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Backlund

vCash: 1263
Yes. I was willing to give him more time but after I saw what he did yesterday he should go. It's like he doesn't know how to run a hockey team. Imo, he'll never win another cup. The only reason why he got the first one is cause we got ****ed over.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote