Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Heatley would either go the other way or be bought out this summer.

Heatley 7.5 million + Bouchard 4.1 million + Cullen 3.5 million + Backstrom 6.0 million + Harding 1.9 million = 17 million will all be off the books this summer. (Harding and Heatley by buyout). While Backstrom may be re-signed for something like 4 million/year, that's still 13 million for Perry plus 3 kids.

And when those kids need to be re-signed, Setoguchi, Brodziak, and Mitchell will be re-established (and therefore NOT being replaced by a kid) or they will be pushed out as well.
And if he chooses not to sign with the Wild?

If this was a team looking for the right piece to make a cup run this year i would be ok with it, however they are not making a cup run.

If you want him i say wait until free agency.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:06 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

I would love to buy out heatley and then sign another big fish like perry. Ill throw 6 or 6.5 mil his way, **** even if we throw him 7 million thats still a deal compared to heater

Old
02-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Minnesota
L'…toile du Nord

vCash: 404
Can't keep signing free-agents to huge contracts. That's not how you win a championship.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:16 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Someone explain to me how the Wild would be able to sign Perry, and be able to re-sign the young guys (coyle, Zucker, Brodin mostly) when their ELCs are up? They're not going to be on 1 mil contracts forever. Even if we buyout Heater that'll give us room for next year sure, but long-term I don't see how that won't screw us over.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:23 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
Someone explain to me how the Wild would be able to sign Perry, and be able to re-sign the young guys (coyle, Zucker, Brodin mostly) when their ELCs are up? They're not going to be on 1 mil contracts forever. Even if we buyout Heater that'll give us room for next year sure, but long-term I don't see how that won't screw us over.
If we were to sign Perry, I would hope its not more than a 4 year contract because of what you said. Granlund's next, unless he explodes in the next two years(which could certainly happen), will likely be 2.5-3m a year, Brodin could command 3-4m(unless he wins a Norris, which could certainly happen), Zucker probably 3-3.5, Coyle probably 2-3m

I mean, that doesn't include Larsson, Bulmer, Phillips, guys like that.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:29 PM
NugarifiK

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Heatley would either go the other way or be bought out this summer.

Heatley 7.5 million + Bouchard 4.1 million + Cullen 3.5 million + Backstrom 6.0 million + Harding 1.9 million = 17 million will all be off the books this summer. (Harding and Heatley by buyout). While Backstrom may be re-signed for something like 4 million/year, that's still 13 million for Perry plus 3 kids.

And when those kids need to be re-signed, Setoguchi, Brodziak, and Mitchell will be re-established (and therefore NOT being replaced by a kid) or they will be pushed out as well.
Doesn't the cap drop to 64.3M next year? That would leave us with 7 mil for Perry + 3 kids.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Minnesota
L'…toile du Nord

Best trade in Wild history poll.

Everyone go vote!

Old
03-01-2013, 02:19 PM
grN1g

with RoR signed, Paul Stasny could possibly be had for cheap? i'd be interested since it would only be a 1 year rental, but i'd think we'd have to work with Col taking back SAL which only drives up value. Didnt he play USA roster with Parise & Kane tho?

if he worked out we could atleast have the option of breaking off parise and koivu. + let koivu be that true #2 center.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:30 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
with RoR signed, Paul Stasny could possibly be had for cheap? i'd be interested since it would only be a 1 year rental, but i'd think we'd have to work with Col taking back SAL which only drives up value. Didnt he play USA roster with Parise & Kane tho?

if he worked out we could atleast have the option of breaking off parise and koivu. + let koivu be that true #2 center.
Stasny and Koivu are basically the same player. I'd actually rather have Koivu as my #1 between the two of them. Stastny would play second line.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Gaps

Quote:

Statsny wouldn't be an upgrade, so he'd play 2nd line.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:35 PM
grN1g

Stasny is a better skater tho right? i have not watched him at all this season so i cant comment on that, but if it is true, being a better skater along side a player like parise might be that much more beneficial in terms of small differences between the two.

to me, it just seems koivu and parise are trying to hard to make it work.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I wouldn't give up much for him.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

To get Syastny I'm sure Colorado would want Granlund coming back. Not gonna happen.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:39 PM
grN1g

Neither would i, but i thought i'd get other fans opinions. gives us options, has ties to our best player, only a rental, has low value now, can put a player like granny on wing or back down in houston. i see alot of upside, but this is just me spitballin.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:42 PM
grN1g

RoR is too good and now getting to much $$$ to play anything less than 2nd line. Dutch is looking like his old self and stasny has struggled.

edit, nvm was wrong about the alignment lol.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:43 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Stasny is a better skater tho right? i have not watched him at all this season so i cant comment on that, but if it is true, being a better skater along side a player like parise might be that much more beneficial in terms of small differences between the two.

to me, it just seems koivu and parise are trying to hard to make it work.
Koivu and Parise were working earlier this season. Now they're going through a slump, and thankfully other guys are stepping up. They'll come back around.

Stastny may be a better skater, and that's just all the more reason to put him on the second line with Setoguchi and Zucker.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:49 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
Koivu and Parise were working earlier this season. Now they're going through a slump, and thankfully other guys are stepping up. They'll come back around.

Stastny may be a better skater, and that's just all the more reason to put him on the second line with Setoguchi and Zucker.
I guess, but they both got points last night. I mean, they're both quietly at 14 points in 19 games. Some people are under the impression that they haven't worked well in like two weeks, but they're still at like .75ppg. Still doing well.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

there used to be a thread titled something along the lines of: "Terrible Trades Proposed by Other Fan-bases Involving Wild Players"

i loved that thread, but i've run a few searches and can't seem to find it.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:41 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
there used to be a thread titled something along the lines of: "Terrible Trades Proposed by Other Fan-bases Involving Wild Players"

It was closed by the powers that be.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Minnesota
L'…toile du Nord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post

This is basically that thread with a less snarky name.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:55 PM
DANOZ28

if its not working the gmcf has to fix it. we are NOT a cup contender as is! thats obvious, make something happen by the deadline to make this team better. (i say picks). think of where this team would be today if we had a pick for gabby, demo, rolston, madden, bruno, mitts, harding (b4 ms). if just one was a 25/30G scorer we'd be rockn! @@@@!

Old
03-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Minnesota
L'…toile du Nord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANOZ28 View Post
if its not working the gmcf has to fix it. we are NOT a cup contender as is! thats obvious, make something happen by the deadline to make this team better. (i say picks). think of where this team would be today if we had a pick for gabby, demo, rolston, madden, bruno, mitts, harding (b4 ms). if just one was a 25/30G scorer we'd be rockn! @@@@!
Let the kids develop and trade vets for picks. That's pretty much Fletcher's mentality.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:13 PM
DANOZ28

i think it was 2 trade deadlines ago we had 5 ufa madden, theodore, bruno , mitts, & kobasew(?) / hards. CF was quoted as sayn i dont trade players 4 picks. big mistake that i believe hes trying to correct. thats a quote from 2/28/12 cf conference call "we were not looking to dump players off our team just to pick up draft picks" end quote.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:08 AM
PariseSuterKoivu

Random outta the blue question. Would you trade Koivu for Yakupov?

Old
03-07-2013, 02:09 AM
Haite
x

vCash: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseSuterKoivu View Post
Random outta the blue question. Would you trade Koivu for Yakupov?
Would I like Cullen to be our top-line center? No.

Closed Thread