HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gratton recalled!!!

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2003, 10:38 PM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Im very happy to hear Benny Gratton has earned another trip to Habland!

Here's to hope Benoit takes the fourth line role and runs with it!!!

I would like to see Begin take the role he won recently (third line) and Gratton take the fourth, 'cause we certainly would have enough spark plugs then

For now, Begin is out for 3 months, but he has been a phenomenal addition to this team! I never could expect more out of our # 22 when he first arrived... I can only dream as to why Buffalo even gave us a chance to grab him on waivers...

Personally I'd love to see these lines when both are ready, and roll 'em as to which is having the better night...

Sundstrom - Begin - Ward
Kilger - Gratton - Dackell

I love energy players

Old
12-19-2003, 10:54 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
I think Langdon is vital on that 4th line to get some respect for our small forwards and I also think Begin looked amazing on the 3rd line when replacing an injured Juneau.

Given everybody's healthy, I think those would be the best line combos:

Zednik/Bulis - Koivu - Ryder
Bulis/Zednik - Ribeiro - Dagenais
Sundstrom - Begin - Dackell
Langdon - Gratton - Ward

Great chemistry all around.
That lineup looks great to me

Old
12-20-2003, 01:26 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy
I'm glad he got the chance, he desearved it.
For sure he really deserve it , nice Christmas gift by the organization to one of their member .

Old
12-20-2003, 03:54 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
When does Chad's contract expires?

Old
12-20-2003, 04:23 AM
topshelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
When does Chad's contract expires?
After next season. BG signed him to a 2 year $800,0000 deal in the off season.

Bring some energy Gratton

GO HABS GO!

Old
12-20-2003, 07:16 AM
Guillermo

Send a message via AIM to Guillermo Send a message via Yahoo to Guillermo
I am so glad for this guy. I always had lot of respect for these players who work hard in the minors and finally, they are given a chance in the big league.

IMO, this situation means that the direction and the coach are not comfortable with Perreault as a 4th liner, because we could easily see lines like these as temporary measures until Perreault comes back :

Sundstrom-Juneau-Dackell
Langdon-Kilger-Ward or even Langdon-Kilger-Audette

I think Gratton will be here for a while, I see him as a replacement for Bégin, even if these 2 players are slightly different. For the past few games, we just didn't have a good 4th line. Where is the intensity in a line with Langdon, Perreault and Kilger/Audette? Langdon has his place as a fighter, but in the forecheck and body checks department, he is really not that good.

As a 4th liner, I believe that Gratton is a better player than Perreault. Who could feed Perreault with good passes on the 4th line? Anyway, scoring goals is not the purpose on a fourth line

I prefer to see grit, intensity, body checks, hard work in the corners during the 4th line shift. Gratton is good at faceoffs, he is a pest and was doing perfectly fine as a 4th liner until his injury two years ago.
With Gratton and Ward back, we now have a totally different 4th line and I can't wait to see the results! We need more players like that!

Old
12-20-2003, 07:31 AM
Rahan

Gratton should take Juneau's spot IMO, Sundstrom and Dackell along with him would be a hard-nosed (can we even say this?), hard-working line. Juneau doesn't have any grit anymore, he just doesn't make the cut imo.

Old
12-20-2003, 07:36 AM
Démon Blond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
I think Langdon is vital on that 4th line to get some respect for our small forwards and I also think Begin looked amazing on the 3rd line when replacing an injured Juneau.

Given everybody's healthy, I think those would be the best line combos:

Zednik/Bulis - Koivu - Ryder
Bulis/Zednik - Ribeiro - Dagenais
Sundstrom - Begin - Dackell
Langdon - Gratton - Ward

Great chemistry all around.
Great lineup, without Kilger, Juneau, Perreault and Audette... and with this batch there's energy and some scoring threat everywhere, I love it!

Old
12-20-2003, 08:09 AM
Harry Kakalovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bûcheron
With Gratton and Ward back, we now have a totally different 4th line and I can't wait to see the results! We need more players like that!
is ward back?

Old
12-20-2003, 10:13 AM
habsfansam

anyone know the max number of players we are allowed to have up?? I know that we've got a couple of guys on injured reserve so they dont' count, but how many other guys do we have.... i was under the impression that a team can only have about 25 players active (22 dressed and 3 healthy scratches). How close are we to that... that might be the giveaway about any trades going through.

GO HABS!!

Old
12-20-2003, 10:26 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfansam
anyone know the max number of players we are allowed to have up?? I know that we've got a couple of guys on injured reserve so they dont' count, but how many other guys do we have.... i was under the impression that a team can only have about 25 players active (22 dressed and 3 healthy scratches). How close are we to that... that might be the giveaway about any trades going through.

GO HABS!!
I believe it is 25 on the active roster. With Begin going on the IR, Gratton would be taking his spot.

I'm not sure if Ward would still be considered on the IR but if he is, a spot would have to be opened up for him before he could return. My guess is that someone would be exposed to waivers rather than traded in order to make room on the roster.

Right now Audette looks like the most porbable candidate with his age, high salary and lacklustre play all working against him. We could only hope that someone would grab him.

Old
12-20-2003, 12:40 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfansam

GO HABS!!
It's 23. 20 players dressed (12 forwards, 6 Dmen, 2 goalies) and 3 healthy scratches. Right now with Gratton we have 23 players (21 skaters + 2 goalies) and that's including Jason Ward too. This is if we consider the 2 IR players that would make the total 25.

With Ward and Gratton in, and Begin on the IR, we still have 1 forward too many. Of course Brisebois' also on the IR so we can have 6 Ds and 15 forwards for a while but when Brisebois will be back, one forward will have to go. Who will it be? I'd guess on Audette. Maybe Perreault could be traded. Or they could try to send Dagenais or Gratton back in the AHL while risking losing them through waivers but I highly doubt BG would do that. They could also send Komisarek down and play with only 6 Ds (no reserve). Or they could trade a Dman to make some room for Komo (most likely Rivet). Juneau got lucky as Begin was slowly stealing the 3rd line center job from him but if Gratton does well, there won't be room for both him and Perreault IMO. Also when Begin will be back, an other forward will need to go. Lots of possibilities, but I hope Gainey has something brewing on the trading departement.

Last edited by Munchausen: 12-20-2003 at 12:44 PM.
Closed Thread