HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXVI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-01-2013, 02:38 PM
  #1
RedWhiteBlackGold
Veteran User
 
RedWhiteBlackGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,716
vCash: 50
Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXVI

Previous thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1356123

Continue here.

__________________
http://i60.tinypic.com/2vmddhj.png
RedWhiteBlackGold is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 02:47 PM
  #2
Nizzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
At one point i dreamed of landing Johansen, it seems his development has fallen off?
i just dont hear anything about him anymore.
He got called up for tonight ..So fair 12 games 2a and -8

Murray could get him and give the the time too develop in Bingo with Puempel Noesen Prince Stone Ceci etc he could be solid replacement for Spezza down the road

Nizzy is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 02:49 PM
  #3
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.
 
Wondercarrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,356
vCash: 500
I just cant imagine they'd let him go.

Wondercarrot is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 03:02 PM
  #4
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.
 
Wondercarrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,356
vCash: 500
There is a David Perron thread on the main board now.
Now this is a player i'd like.
Natural scoring winger.

Seems like an exciting player to watch as well.

Cujomi GO GET HIM! ATTAAAACK!

Wondercarrot is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 03:09 PM
  #5
KAPOW
has no rispeck
 
KAPOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: at home
Posts: 1,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
I just cant imagine they'd let him go.
well the call up could be for a showcase. maybe interested teams demanded to take a serious look at him.

KAPOW is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 03:10 PM
  #6
Kezia
egg
 
Kezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,858
vCash: 50
Brassard, pls.

Kezia is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 03:14 PM
  #7
Nizzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 500
Johansen soap opera is what im reading from Jacket fans that the coach isnt a big fan of Ryan and he was sent down then brought right back on the request of Jarmo ..

Please tell me we have some scouts there

Nizzy is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 03:28 PM
  #8
Ron Jeremy
Registered User
 
Ron Jeremy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 500
Kessel is Heatley with a bigger head and one less......... scoring championship.

Ron Jeremy is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 03:34 PM
  #9
derriko
Registered User
 
derriko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 3,145
vCash: 50
I would absolutely do Brassard for Bishop straight up. Yea we could possibly squeeze out a similar player and a decent pick, like a 3rd, but who else is there that is actually available? Brassard also could benefit from a change of scenery and improve.

The guy is from the area so theres a solid chance at re-signing him, and he has never played on a good team. Its been Nash, him out of place as a 1C, and nothing else really.

Johansen would also be awesome. He was flashing potential last year, just hasnt seemed to improve that much this year. I saw him a lot in Portland, and theres some definite upside there. He will definentely cost more regardless of his performance so far due to draft pedigree alone.

I don't know whether he could change to wing, but he would be good there imo. Has good hands, can pass or score, and is a big body. I think he could be a solid 25-35 guy on the first or second line if he switched to wing.

Also, I wouldn't mind BM inquiring about Atkinson, though I know the CBJ fans have a huge man crush on him

derriko is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 03:49 PM
  #10
SenzZen
Rik Norris
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
Johansen soap opera is what im reading from Jacket fans that the coach isnt a big fan of Ryan and he was sent down then brought right back on the request of Jarmo ..

Please tell me we have some scouts there
Oh man I already saw similarities to Spezza before reading this.

SenzZen is online now  
Old
03-01-2013, 03:58 PM
  #11
Nizzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
Oh man I already saw similarities to Spezza before reading this.
I was thinking the same thing

Nizzy is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:05 PM
  #12
Nizzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
I would absolutely do Brassard for Bishop straight up. Yea we could possibly squeeze out a similar player and a decent pick, like a 3rd, but who else is there that is actually available? Brassard also could benefit from a change of scenery and improve.

The guy is from the area so theres a solid chance at re-signing him, and he has never played on a good team. Its been Nash, him out of place as a 1C, and nothing else really.

Johansen would also be awesome. He was flashing potential last year, just hasnt seemed to improve that much this year. I saw him a lot in Portland, and theres some definite upside there. He will definentely cost more regardless of his performance so far due to draft pedigree alone.

I don't know whether he could change to wing, but he would be good there imo. Has good hands, can pass or score, and is a big body. I think he could be a solid 25-35 guy on the first or second line if he switched to wing.

Also, I wouldn't mind BM inquiring about Atkinson, though I know the CBJ fans have a huge man crush on him

Bishop plus a 1st 2013 I think would be a great trade ..Jackets will have a number 1 goalie and 4 1st rd picks this year

Ottawa gets depth at C and something they can build for the future

Nizzy is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:14 PM
  #13
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'
 
Marty Straka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,899
vCash: 500
Derrick Brassard would definitely be an interesting acquisition.. and if I'm not mistaken he just bought a house in Ottawa (Methot tweeted it) Could it be a sign?!

__________________
Marty Straka
Twitter: @JT_YosH
Marty Straka is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:17 PM
  #14
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
Bishop plus a 1st 2013 I think would be a great trade ..Jackets will have a number 1 goalie and 4 1st rd picks this year

Ottawa gets depth at C and something they can build for the future
I wouldnt even trade our 1st for Brassard

wubwubwubwub is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:30 PM
  #15
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
I wouldnt even trade our 1st for Brassard
I believe he was talking about Johansen.

Curtinho is online now  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:32 PM
  #16
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 28,234
vCash: 50
I really don't think Murray is going to pull a trade anytime soon

Do we need another centre? Not really
Do we need wingers? Michalek should be back (one day) while Silf and Zbad are constantly improving so no
Do we need goaltenders? Hellz no (well one for Bingo would be nice)

Do Make Say Think is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:38 PM
  #17
Tundraman
GoneCountry
 
Tundraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North
Posts: 6,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
I believe he was talking about Johansen.

...... and I thought he meant we'd get both Brassard and Johansen for Bishop and our 1st. Anything less is a none starter for me.

Tundraman is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:44 PM
  #18
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
Rhino Reilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 15,082
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraman View Post
...... and I thought he meant we'd get both Brassard and Johansen for Bishop and our 1st. Anything less is a none starter for me.
lol I assumed that's what he meant too.

Rhino Reilly is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:55 PM
  #19
robsenz
HFB Partner
 
robsenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Derrick Brassard would definitely be an interesting acquisition.. and if I'm not mistaken he just bought a house in Ottawa (Methot tweeted it) Could it be a sign?!
I was thinking the same thing when I saw that

robsenz is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 05:03 PM
  #20
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
Rhino Reilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 15,082
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Brassard spent a lot of time in the area in past off-seasons. Pretty sure his family lives near by.

Rhino Reilly is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 05:06 PM
  #21
HockeySens
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
I really don't think Murray is going to pull a trade anytime soon

Do we need another centre? Not really
Do we need wingers? Michalek should be back (one day) while Silf and Zbad are constantly improving so no
Do we need goaltenders? Hellz no (well one for Bingo would be nice)
Agree with 1st and 3rd point, however, sens need a legit 1st line winger to be able to call themselves a stanley cup challenger. I think the sens are 1 or 2 pieces away from a cup run.


Last edited by HockeySens: 03-01-2013 at 05:14 PM.
HockeySens is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 05:06 PM
  #22
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Brassard spent a lot of time in the area in past off-seasons. Pretty sure his family lives near by.
Brassard is from Hull. He comes back every off season. He did just buy a house 12 minutes from Methot, whom he is very good friends with and trains with in the off season.

They were using the house buying in more of a jest nature than evidence of him coming to Ottawa.

Qward is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 05:49 PM
  #23
Northern Neighbour
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
I really don't think Murray is going to pull a trade anytime soon

Do we need another centre? Not really
Do we need wingers? Michalek should be back (one day) while Silf and Zbad are constantly improving so no
Do we need goaltenders? Hellz no (well one for Bingo would be nice)
The Sens could sure use 1, if not 2, top-4 defenceman. They also need another top-6 forward, whether it is at centre or wing.

Northern Neighbour is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 06:16 PM
  #24
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 28,234
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySens View Post
Agree with 1st and 3rd point, however, sens need a legit 1st line winger to be able to call themselves a stanley cup challenger. I think the sens are 1 or 2 pieces away from a cup run.
The point was that next year Silf or Zib could maybe be considered top 6 players. If Michalek gets better then the top 6 is more than fine next year, especially if Michalek plays on the second line since I just don't think he's at his best with Spezza (not that he's bad with Spezza though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
The Sens could sure use 1, if not 2, top-4 defenceman. They also need another top-6 forward, whether it is at centre or wing.
I think we're fine on defense as long as Karlsson and Cowen are healthy: the callups have been pretty good, Weireiricohc has been REAL good

Do Make Say Think is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 06:27 PM
  #25
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,106
vCash: 500
Brassard would be great to get and if Bishop is the price it's a good one. Players also tend to excel when they are happy. Getting Brassard over here would be a boost not just for our team, but for his career.

Curtinho is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.