HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Flyers interest in Byfuglien

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugNugget View Post
Yakupov + MPS + 1st 2013 + 2nd 2013 for Byfuglien and E. Kane
Pretty substantial offer, but Jets are doing just fine with their good young talent. Buff and Kane are both playing the best hockey of their careers. Buff is arguable on that point but Kane its not even in question. Both signed to good value contracts. Buff has three years after this and Kane has five at $5.20 and $5.25M respectively.

...you guys want Ron Hainsey for a draft pick?

Old
03-01-2013, 02:03 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Very well thought out post. Can I ask where you got all those statistics from?
Mostly from behindthenet.ca and nicetimeonice.com but some things are from some other places.

I've accumulated quite a lot of this stuff and a lot of this was just copied and pasted from other posts I've done... so it didn't take me as long as the post would look

I write and run a lot of statistics for a blog called Arctic Ice Hockey, which was created by the same guy as behindthenet.ca and was a advance stats hockey blog, but is now a Winnipeg Jets blog.

There's a guy named Eric who does a good job of Flyers stats.

Last edited by garret9: 03-01-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old
03-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

Can you not quote the wall of stats? My god. Nothing worse than someone quoting a huge picture or a wall of stats that no one will read.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:31 PM
ps241
It's closing time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangiroux View Post
Can you not quote the wall of stats? My god. Nothing worse than someone quoting a huge picture or a wall of stats that no one will read.
Not a bad way to bump a quality post that was positioned late on a page that people might appreciate reading unless they caught it the first time around. speaking for myself if Iím in a rush I often go to the last page on a thread. I agree it doesn't have to be done often but IMHO it has its place as I have found myself reading the quoted "wall of stats" when I missed the post the 1st time around.

Old
03-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Seanahue

vCash: 109
Just when I thought this thread was shot to ****, Garret comes in and saves the day. Great post!

Old
03-01-2013, 04:42 PM
broc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugNugget View Post
Yakupov + MPS + 1st 2013 + 2nd 2013 for Byfuglien and E. Kane
No.
The only piece of value there to us at this moment, is Yakupov.

Kane >> Yakupov
Buff >>>>> MPS, 1st, 2nd

Our biggest need is a top line center. We'd do buff + 1st 2013 for RNH. Don't offer peripheries like MPS or 2nd rounders when you're talking other teams core pieces.

Old
03-01-2013, 08:02 PM
ps241
It's closing time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Just when I thought this thread was shot to ****, Garret comes in and saves the day. Great post!
yea garret is like the sober designated driver showing up to the bar at last call to pick up the drunk buddies who have been arguing in circles all night about who's got the more powerful truck.

Last edited by ps241: 03-01-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old
03-01-2013, 08:54 PM
moosehead81

I think guys like Eklund start these rumours more as a wish for than an actual happening. Byfuglien's not going anywhere for a number of reasons; he's more than an adequate offensive dman, particularly when he's with Enstrom, he spends his off-season in Minneapolis and he's from Roseau, Minnesota, about 2 hours by road from Winnipeg. However, if Holmgen hadn't thrown Richards under the bus with Carter, Eklund could have strated a rumour of Richards (and a draft pick) for Byfuglien- that might have gained some traction since Richards lives a few hours east of Winnipeg and is quite acclimatized to the Winnipeg winters (as is Big Buff).

Old
03-01-2013, 11:09 PM
ps241
It's closing time.

9]

Buff on the game winning goal last night.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Lunt23

This is an interesting discussion to say the least. It would take a heck of an offer to pry Buff from the Jets but when you look at an offer like both Schenns for Buff, it would really be an offer to think about.

Don't get me wrong, I love Buff. He has an excellent x factor to him and can be extremely versatile, but Luke Schenn has a decent +/- of +5 on a team that has been struggling with an average of 20 min of ice time. He's known as a fairly reliable defencemen that has a decent shot (no Buff rocket but a decent shot) And getting Brayden would help our offense quite a bit IMO. Unfortunately our center position is a bit clogged but Brayden is a great young player that can definitely be a core player for our team.

Now.....the likeliness of this trade is slim to nil, because I believe Holmgrem, while an excentric GM to say the least, is a fairly smart one, and will see this is an overpayment. But if offered, I would take the Schenns for Buff in the end.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:07 AM
ps241
It's closing time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunt23 View Post
This is an interesting discussion to say the least. It would take a heck of an offer to pry Buff from the Jets but when you look at an offer like both Schenns for Buff, it would really be an offer to think about.

Don't get me wrong, I love Buff. He has an excellent x factor to him and can be extremely versatile, but Luke Schenn has a decent +/- of +5 on a team that has been struggling with an average of 20 min of ice time. He's known as a fairly reliable defencemen that has a decent shot (no Buff rocket but a decent shot) And getting Brayden would help our offense quite a bit IMO. Unfortunately our center position is a bit clogged but Brayden is a great young player that can definitely be a core player for our team.

Now.....the likeliness of this trade is slim to nil, because I believe Holmgrem, while an excentric GM to say the least, is a fairly smart one, and will see this is an overpayment. But if offered, I would take the Schenns for Buff in the end.
I am a Winnipeg fan but no way Hommer makes a deal like that for two valuable young pieces of the Flyer puzzle. sounds like Luke is finding his game in Philly and Brayden is a very solid young piece. Big time overpayment for Buff IMHO.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:08 AM
Smokey McCanucks

If the Jets were gonna trade Buff, there are teams that could offer more than Philly could.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:15 AM
Lunt23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I am a Winnipeg fan but no way Hommer makes a deal like that for two valuable young pieces of the Flyer puzzle. sounds like Luke is finding his game in Philly and Brayden is a very solid young piece. Big time overpayment for Buff IMHO.
I agree with you My last part is that in reality it's an overpayment. But crazier things have happened and the trade rumor board is full of hilarious offers

Old
03-02-2013, 02:35 AM
BackWithaVengeance

It doesn't matter if he's available or not.

But imagine a playoff series against the likes of L.Schenn, Grossmann, Coburn and Byfuglien. That's nasty.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:18 AM
ps241
It's closing time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunt23 View Post
I agree with you My last part is that in reality it's an overpayment. But crazier things have happened and the trade rumor board is full of hilarious offers
I hear you Lunt trade rumors board is the most dysfunctional area of HFBoards and I have no idea why I waist my time.....it is like a dating site that picks the worst matches just to torture people.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:38 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I hear you Lunt trade rumors board is the most dysfunctional area of HFBoards and I have no idea why I waist my time.....it is like a dating site that picks the worst matches just to torture people.
Add to the fact that most posts on here are the equivalent of the average-looking guy getting a date offer from Kate Upton, and responding, "Terrible idea! She had better pay for dinner, too!"

Old
03-02-2013, 09:26 AM
ps241
It's closing time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Add to the fact that most posts on here are the equivalent of the average-looking guy getting a date offer from Kate Upton, and responding, "Terrible idea! She had better pay for dinner, too!"

Sooooooo true

She should pay for dinner because once I reach my ceiling she will be overachieving dating me (I just need to get in shape and get an amazing job)

Last edited by ps241: 03-02-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Closed Thread