HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2013 ticket thread Part 5 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 09:54 PM
awesomeguy

vCash: 500
It never ceases to amaze how little people who make the ticketing decisions for sports team actually know about ticketing and customer demand and customer satisfaction.

I was planning on dropping my $65 row 12 aisle Loge seats for the Celtics next year. Even if they reduced the price I dont think it would be worth. The idea that they are raising prices and busting people's balls is crazy.

Garnett is going to retire. They are going to be in no man's land for awhile. They wont get lottery picks and they are a serious playoff team. Its mind boggling that people at sitting in the offices right now and thinking about raising prices.

Ill let them go this year and buy them back next year for 40% less and see free vouchers and a complimentary take Brandon Bass to your kid's school appearance.

I guarantee Looch could raise ticket revenue if he was director of ticketing for any of the four teams here. Instead they usually have some cooch with a liberal arts degree and a pair of dockers running the show.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:13 PM
gobosox00

I had no idea the Celtics were raising ticket prices until I read it on here. We just renewed our C's corner balcony seats that we've had for 6 years and they're still the same price as when we first got them, $30 each. They've never gone up and didn't go up for us this year, I wonder why ours stayed the same but some people who have $22 seats are going all the way up to $30 which I think is ridiculous. The cool thing is they offered the same deal as what they did the last couple years with the flat rate playoff tickets along with renewing next season. All playoff tickets are $40 regardless of what round they're in. I don't have a ton of confidence in them making the NBA Finals but wouldn't be so bad having finals tickets for $40 each, happened a couple years ago and almost happened again last year!

I actually thought this year would be brutal for selling the Celtics games we couldn't make it to but by getting a little creative selling some to friends, some on craigslist and some one stubhub we still came out significantly ahead and were able to go to a few of games too. I really don't see the Celtics market going any lower next year than it was this year. Primarily the same team, they'll compete and they'll have Rondo back. Won't really be a rebuilding year quite yet. And of course the games against the Lakers, Knicks and Heat will still be a worth a ton as usual.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:17 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeguy View Post
It never ceases to amaze how little people who make the ticketing decisions for sports team actually know about ticketing and customer demand and customer satisfaction.

I was planning on dropping my $65 row 12 aisle Loge seats for the Celtics next year. Even if they reduced the price I dont think it would be worth. The idea that they are raising prices and busting people's balls is crazy.

Garnett is going to retire. They are going to be in no man's land for awhile. They wont get lottery picks and they are a serious playoff team. Its mind boggling that people at sitting in the offices right now and thinking about raising prices.

Ill let them go this year and buy them back next year for 40% less and see free vouchers and a complimentary take Brandon Bass to your kid's school appearance.

I guarantee Looch could raise ticket revenue if he was director of ticketing for any of the four teams here. Instead they usually have some cooch with a liberal arts degree and a pair of dockers running the show.
I agree with most of your post. Especially the last part. The one thing I will say is that in these organizations being in the ticket department is by far the least desirable area to work. If you talk to an employee of a sports team and ask them about tickets they will take offense and adamantly assert that they're not in tickets. To people who work for sports teams being in tickets is like someone who works in a school being a janitor. All the other front office jobs (not even basketball/hockey ops related) are far more coveted in pro sports organizations and even colleges.

I am not too adversely effected but someone who spends roughly the same as me or a little more and has all cheap seats is getting it stuck to them big time (unless they are Ace or someone with a 6 figure account I assume.) If I get rows 4-6 for my balconies at the upgrade I'll be happy to pay 4 bucks more per ticket. Now that probably isn't fair to the guy who has had seats for 10 years and has to drop down to 6 from having more and I am next to him but I aint complaining.

I don't think the Eastern Conference is good enough for the team to do worse than they have this season regardless of the team actually being better or worse.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:58 PM
NASCL

I'll have to read the fine print on my $30 tickets for 13-14. I have 8 ST. I'm wondering if I drop two the price might go down?

Old
02-23-2013, 10:20 PM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

$70 to sit downstairs in the corner (back rows) for a team on the decline? NOPE!

Old
02-24-2013, 08:30 AM
BigBadBruin

Red Sox

Any suggestions where to sit for Red Sox games? Taking cost into consideration I am thinking bleachers, probably sections 41, 42 or 43. Is this area the best bang for our buck?
Thanks.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:44 AM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin View Post
Any suggestions where to sit for Red Sox games? Taking cost into consideration I am thinking bleachers, probably sections 41, 42 or 43. Is this area the best bang for our buck?
Thanks.
I personally like Left Field Grandstand.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin View Post
Thanks.
Best bang for your buck is tough to say, because of the secondary market. You could grab $300+ dugout box seats for around $75 last season on stubhub. If that was a little too rich, you could've gotten field box seats just outside the visitor's dugout for $40-$50 and be sitting about 5-7 rows from field.

I'd stay away from the bleachers this year. Unless you're in the front row or two, it makes no sense to me when for a few bucks more, you can get significantly better seats in the infield grandstands (and under cover, if needed).

Old
02-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Ruzicka38
Oh man

Looking for two seats to next Saturday's TB game. Prefer the cheaper seats. Anybody have anything?

Old
02-28-2013, 04:40 AM
Newbie10

Article on the Red Sox season ticket holder situation.

http://mobile.boston.com/art/52/spor...if0YLMqM/story

Old
02-28-2013, 08:34 AM
RBurgundy

I got a voice mail from the Sox yesterday trying to get me to buy group tickets... Something I've done the past few years. I had every intention of buying a group this year, just to keep my group ticket account active. I however never got the letter in the mail and didn't think about it until I heard from a buddy he had his sale. I'm sure there isn't much left at this point.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:12 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie10 View Post
Article on the Red Sox season ticket holder situation.

http://mobile.boston.com/art/52/spor...if0YLMqM/story
Hard to feel that bad for people when the "family heirloom" comment was in there and you sense the entitlement that these people seemilgly had for profit on their tickets.

The Sox won't sell you full seasons (all 81 games not a 10 game plan) if you call up on the phone and ask, I think they are doing fine with l 81 game season ticket holders. The ones they are probably losing are the 10-20 game plans since they call those season tickets and are therefore included in articles like this.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:30 PM
RBurgundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Hard to feel that bad for people when the "family heirloom" comment was in there and you sense the entitlement that these people seemilgly had for profit on their tickets.

The Sox won't sell you full seasons (all 81 games not a 10 game plan) if you call up on the phone and ask, I think they are doing fine with l 81 game season ticket holders. The ones they are probably losing are the 10-20 game plans since they call those season tickets and are therefore included in articles like this.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It's funny, one guy there has had tickets since way back in.... 2004! and is upset because he wanted to pass them down from Generation to Generation, but wont now because they aren't making him money.

I can see the people who bought them in the early 90s and have had huge price increases and now a bad team, but feel bad for someone who has had them since 2004 and is now cancelling? Nope.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:06 PM
NASCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBurgundy View Post
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It's funny, one guy there has had tickets since way back in.... 2004! and is upset because he wanted to pass them down from Generation to Generation, but wont now because they aren't making him money.

I can see the people who bought them in the early 90s and have had huge price increases and now a bad team, but feel bad for someone who has had them since 2004 and is now cancelling? Nope.
Got mine in November, 2003. Renewed. Everything is cyclical. Made some money. went to games and got into into two World Series.

Have I ate tickets along the way? Sure, but that comes with the territory.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:13 PM
gobruins14

Is anyone else having trouble getting into the STH account manager online? I can't get in to forward my tickets.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Per a press release:

BOSTON – The Boston Bruins announced today, March 1, that current Season Ticket Holders will be able to renew their Season Tickets for the 2013-2014 NHL Season beginning March 6, 2013.

A range of Season Ticket Holder renewal prices are as follows:

Loge Seat: $70-$132 per game

Balcony Seat: $32-$91 per game

Bruins Season Ticket Holders will receive an email Wednesday, March 6, 2013, which will include renewal information for the 2013-2014 NHL Season as well as playoff ticket information for the 2013 NHL Playoffs.

Wonderful

I am Boston Strong

Old
03-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Per a press release:

BOSTON – The Boston Bruins announced today, March 1, that current Season Ticket Holders will be able to renew their Season Tickets for the 2013-2014 NHL Season beginning March 6, 2013.

Bruins Season Ticket Holders will receive an email Wednesday, March 6, 2013, which will include renewal information for the 2013-2014 NHL Season as well as playoff ticket information for the 2013 NHL Playoffs.

Wonderful
Oh joy!

Old
03-01-2013, 04:37 PM
schmautzy

Curious to see if there's a price increase for option 2ers.
Is cheapest balcony this year $32?

Old
03-01-2013, 09:13 PM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Per a press release:

Wonderful
Funny that they put out a press release before contacting season ticket holders with info.

That's like issuing a press release of a player's release before you tell him.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
Curious to see if there's a price increase for option 2ers.
Is cheapest balcony this year $32?
Yup.

03-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Kunitziwa

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to Kunitziwa
Trying to make a weekend trip to Boston the weekend of April 19th. Any chance anyone has tickets for sale for the Bruins Penguins game on the 19th, and/or the Red Sox Royals game the 20th?

Old
03-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunitziwa View Post
Trying to make a weekend trip to Boston the weekend of April 19th. Any chance anyone has tickets for sale for the Bruins Penguins game on the 19th, and/or the Red Sox Royals game the 20th?
Do yourself a favor and wait till day of game to buy your sox tickets. You should pay well below face. The Pens game on the other hand will be tough/pricey ticket.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:33 PM
northeastern

anyone know if it is possible to buy the Budweiser club tickets (i think thats what it is called now) for an individual game?

I'm going to shoot my rep an email. I'd love to be able to get in there for the game tomorrow.

EDIT: The legends club that is it. I think...

Old
03-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
anyone know if it is possible to buy the Budweiser club tickets (i think thats what it is called now) for an individual game?

I'm going to shoot my rep an email. I'd love to be able to get in there for the game tomorrow.

EDIT: The legends club that is it. I think...
There are a couple posters here who sell them. You can't buy them on a individual game basis from the team. You have to get them from someone who has a membership. They are generally sold on CL for $7-20/each. $10 being a very common price.

Last edited by Looch: 03-02-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old
03-02-2013, 04:29 PM
TommyBruinsFan

Anybody have idea what the STH cost per game is for Club Seats and what additional perks you get with them? Sat in them today and they were incredible. Could see dumping a pair of my loge and replacing with these (pretty sure you can still get these seats).

Closed Thread