HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

Thank You Matt Gledhill; HFNHL Changes Ahead...

Old
02-26-2013, 04:24 PM
Brock

vCash: 500
Thank You Matt Gledhill; HFNHL Changes Ahead...

It is with great sadness that we have to announce that Matt Gledhill, our Commish and Anaheim GM, has resigned from the HFNHL dues to ongoing health issues.

We are very disappointed to lose Matt as he’s a friend of ours and he is much loved by those who’ve participated in the league. For over a decade Matt been a great leader for our group. He’s made the tough decisions and fought to keep the league alive through a couple lock-outs.

As a GM, I think Matt’s team is evidence enough of his excellence, with the Presidents Trophy as recently as last season.

I think it is appropriate to quote from Matt’s resignation – as his sentiment is something that none of us should ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commish
I have so much respect for so many of you, and I thank you for all of your friendship this past decade plus.

We've had some really good times.

If I could offer a word of advice - keep yourself and your kids safe. We, too often, feel invincible, and we don't take stock of how fragile our situations really are. And please don't take this to mean "safe" in a post-9/11, zombie apocalypse sense. I'm just saying, if you don't already own disability insurance, fix that ASAP. ;-)
Matt has expressed his thanks to everyone and I hope that in the next few days everyone takes some time to express his own thanks (although if you email please be patient with a reply.)

We’ll miss you Matt and I am happy that you’ve expressed that you will continue to be around the league.

The admin team will announce the changes in our leadership in the next few days and the new Commish will have the difficult task of finding a new Anaheim GM. Thanks for your patience, if you could keep speculations for the moment on these topics it would be appreciated.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:16 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Former GM (WildGM) here, all the best to Matt......

02-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Dempsey

vCash: 50
Sorry to see you go, Matt, but wish you well with everything in your life. Thank you for all of your hard work over the years.

Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:42 PM
SenatorsGM

I wish you and your family all the best.

SenatorsGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:23 PM
MatthewFlames

Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
You will be missed - thank you for everything! And I look forward to the day when you return to take the helm of a franchise again!

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:37 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Matt you've been a great ambassador for the league and more importantly, an awesome person for the duration of the time I have been involved in this league. The very definition of a class act. I wish you the absolute best with your situation and hope that you continue to persevere with the passion in which we've grown accustomed.

Do stick around if you can and chirp us on the boards. Wouldn't be the same without you.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:52 AM
PUTADELFIA

Send a message via MSN to PUTADELFIA
I wish you and your family all the best. And we want u back soon .

PUTADELFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:51 AM
islanders

Send a message via ICQ to islanders
Matt, it was real pleasure having you as a commissioner and GM and you will be missed by all of us and I wish you all the best and hopefully we will see you again with HFNHL in the future.

islanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:23 PM
HFNHL Canadiens

I wish you all the best and appreciate the work you've done in this league. I hope to see you back managing a successful franchise in the not too distant future.

HFNHL Canadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:04 PM
Dryden

Send a message via MSN to Dryden Send a message via Skype™ to Dryden
I'm disgusted. I'm sick of this crap. Why is it that bad things happen to good people? I'm assuming that Matt is and always will be a good man. I don't really know because I've never really met him. He's fictional to my real life. But I'm sure in the real life world of those he is involved with he's a good man.

In the 10 plus years I've been in this league our discussions have been minimal. The occasional I like your photo or birthday wish on Facebook or a message in response to one of my rants on the boards. Gledhill has always been a calming influence to the league and a great builder of it. If there was ever a HOF for the HFNHL you got my vote right off the bat.

Anyhow, as I said I'm tired of bad things happening to good people. I hope you get better. I hope you still find strength to send a message through to the group or even myself on Facebook. Mostly I hope you can find strength to live a normal life like you deserve.

Thanks Matt G

Dryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:04 PM
OlliMackBjugStud

best wishes for your health Matt ....

OlliMackBjugStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:06 PM
SPG

Best wishes and best of luck to you, Matt. It's been a great run. Sorry to see you go, but understanding of your situation.

Hope to see you poking around the HFNHL Talk board from time to time. Perhaps if things change for the better in the long run, we'll see you at the helm of an HFNHL team again someday.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 04:49 PM
The old geezer

Matt,
I've taken awhile to respond more because I don't know what to say. You have always been a great person to speak with, in my time with the admin team I always found your decisions balanced and respectful, and you were a worthy adversary.

I truly hope the concussion problems improve so you can can enjoy a good quality of life and I wish you all the best.

On a completely selfish note - I won't have to worry about you stealing all my sleeper goalie selections at the draft anymore

Seriously when your health improves, and if you ever want to return to the HFNHL on a part time basis, I desperately need an AGM I could trust and your opinion I do trust.

best wishes.

The old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 04:54 PM
The old geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryden View Post
If there was ever a HOF for the HFNHL you got my vote right off the bat.
That's a great idea. The HOF has a 'builders' category and we should look at an annual HFNHL builders inductee to recognize the great work that folks like Matt have done to make the HFNHL the success it is.

The old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 07:38 PM
MatthewFlames

Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFNHL Red Wings GM View Post
That's a great idea. The HOF has a 'builders' category and we should look at an annual HFNHL builders inductee to recognize the great work that folks like Matt have done to make the HFNHL the success it is.
I think this is a great idea.

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote