HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fantrax League Topic #2

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2013, 04:53 AM
Krishna

vCash: 500
They didn't even email us?

Old
02-28-2013, 04:54 AM
Krishna

Also, a guy in my other keeper traded Giroux for Tarasenko, Read, Perry, and a 1st. Wat.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:58 AM
Garbage Goal

IIRC the trade deadline is set by the commissioner though there is a default date.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:00 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Screw that. Season is too short for that. NHL trade deadline is 4/27. I made our deadline 4/1. Trades may resume.

02-28-2013, 01:51 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Looking for a scoring D and a goalie. I'm Wu Tang Clan.

03-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post

On the block:

Fleury (3.76 fp/g) or Lehtonen (3.68 fp/g) + Lecavlier (2.11 fp/g) + (other picks and players if you want em)

If we need to get creative swapping picks or having me add to those two to get the value even that's fine. But whatever the return is I am really only looking for one player. I am also very willing to part with delZotto (1.1 fp/g) and Erhoff (1.16 fp/g). Lupul (out for another week) and Kopecky (1.8 fp/g) can both be had for a song as well.
Those guys are all still up for trade. I'd like to move them together for one guy, but if that can't happen I'll still take a pick for any one of them.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Working on the draft picks...my email sent the Fantrax Support reply to my junk box. So hopefully we are making progress now.

If anybody has traded any picks they shouldn't have, either accidentally or not, I'm going to dock Prongo down to 2 keepers and remove his draft picks from the 1st to 15th rounds.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

I've done some wheeling and dealing. So I might have traded a draft pick I don't have (I would have no way to know since I'm taking over the team this year). If it comes down to it and I have to lose a pick or something to get it sorted out, I won't be too burnt up about it.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

That's fine, it's Prongo's problem anyways

In all seriousness, it won't be hard to fix. We can just renegotiate trades.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Working on the draft picks...my email sent the Fantrax Support reply to my junk box. So hopefully we are making progress now.

If anybody has traded any picks they shouldn't have, either accidentally or not, I'm going to dock Prongo down to 2 keepers and remove his draft picks from the 1st to 15th rounds.
His team couldn't get worse

Old
03-16-2013, 03:47 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

I'm still trying to move some rental players that might be useful to fill out the bottom of people's line ups. If you need another goalie, Fleury, Hiller and Lehtonen are all available. Lupul, Tlusty, Ryder and Gonchar are available. Vinny is available too if anyone wants his gimpy, injured ass, lol.

Pale Pwnr, I shot you a PM in the league page.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Would like opinions please on draft picks.

I think many of us are over valuing our players in relation to draft picks. We are a league of 12 teams, not 30 as in the actual NHL. A player that may be a first round pick on a league of 30 is not a first round pick in our league.

Here is how I see it:

1st round = top 12 players
2nd round = top 24 players
3rd = top 36
etc..

Players like Loui Erikkson, Zach Parise, St. Louis, Subban, etc may be worth a first rounder in the NHL, but not in a league of 12 teams.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:15 PM
Prongo
Beer

Zach Parise is a keeper, and my player. If you want him you give me what I want!

Old
03-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Zach Parise is a keeper, and my player. If you want him you give me what I want!
My post was not aimed at you specifically, but a trend I have noticed over the last few seasons.

And besides I dont need him that badly, but whether he is your keeper or not is irrelevant to his value to me, or others. He is a great player, just not a top 12 player in my opinion. So, not worth a first.

Last edited by Mkoll: 03-20-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old
03-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
Would like opinions please on draft picks.

I think many of us are over valuing our players in relation to draft picks. We are a league of 12 teams, not 30 as in the actual NHL. A player that may be a first round pick on a league of 30 is not a first round pick in our league.

Here is how I see it:

1st round = top 12 players
2nd round = top 24 players
3rd = top 36
etc..

Players like Loui Erikkson, Zach Parise, St. Louis, Subban, etc may be worth a first rounder in the NHL, but not in a league of 12 teams.
I disagree. First round = 96th - 108th players.

There are 12 teams, keeping eight players. So the 96 best players are worth more than the first overall draft pick. Keeping in mind that one or two of the top 100 players in the league might still be minors eligible, I'd say the first overall pick is worth about as much as the 101st best player in the league. In reality the flexibility of the 1st over all pick, and being able to draft to team needs probably effects value a good bit. So I would say the value for the first overall pick probably lands somewhere about on par with the 85th best player in the league.

It's a little tougher to look at in a league where there are head to head match-ups and your wins and losses are counted in how many categories you win each week. But since our player's performance all gets boiled down into one number, fantasy points, player valuation actually gets really easy. Parise's current fantasy points total is 60.4, which is good for 41st in the league. So he shouldn't even be available in the first round of the draft. His fantasy point rate is 2.16/game, which is good enough for 72nd - still not someone who you'd expect to see available in the first round of the draft. And that rank of 72nd is misleading when you consider that almost all the top 30 or so guys are goalies. His production is excellent for a skater. If I were looking to acquire him, I would expect to be asked for a first +.

Mkoll, what team do you manage? I have an extra first this year. If you value that pick more highly than I do and I see someone on your roster I value more than the pick, perhaps there is a trade that we both like in there somewhere.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

What I mean is the top 12 players available. So when our draft comes around after this season and we have our pick of the remaining players (and there WILL be some good ones ppl drop). A first round pick will let you pick one of the top 12 players still out there.

I manage the Adeptus Astartes btw If someone wants to offer me a player, I have to think about where I would normally draft them in a fantasy league depending on size of league. Thats how I determine value.

Last edited by Mkoll: 03-20-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old
03-20-2013, 07:12 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
What I mean is the top 12 players available. So when our draft comes around after this season and we have our pick of the remaining players (and there WILL be some good ones ppl drop). A first round pick will let you pick one of the top 12 players still out there.

I manage the Adeptus Astartes btw If someone wants to offer me a player, I have to think about where I would normally draft them in a fantasy league depending on size of league. Thats how I determine value.
Yea but a 4th round pick where everyone is available is different then a 4th round pick in a league where 12 teams are keeping 8 players a piece.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Yea but a 4th round pick where everyone is available is different then a 4th round pick in a league where 12 teams are keeping 8 players a piece.
A 4th round pick in a fantasy league of 12 teams is still *really* good compared to a 4th round pick of 30 teams. How many players are being kept is irrelevant, because we are all picking from the same pool.

does anyone have the draft results from our last draft?

Old
03-20-2013, 07:21 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
A 4th round pick in a fantasy league of 12 teams is still *really* good compared to a 4th round pick of 30 teams. How many players are being kept is irrelevant, because we are all picking from the same pool.

Haha, I'm actually still working on that. It's slow going because I'm not a good commisioner

Old
03-20-2013, 08:05 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:

It is relevant. K to oversimplify this, 8 players from 12 teams are kept, that means the 97th best player per points in the league should be the 1st overall pick in the draft this year. The 97th best player in the league this year per our league scoring is Daniel Alfredsson. 98 is Paul Martin, 99 Dustin Byfuglien, 100 Joe Pavelski, 101 Brian Campbell, and 102 Brayden Schenn. Not exactly the Zach Parise's of the world. Those are 1st round picks in this draft coming up. Chris Neil and Frans Nielson are the 4th round picks you are looking at

Old
03-21-2013, 08:36 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
It is relevant. K to oversimplify this, 8 players from 12 teams are kept, that means the 97th best player per points in the league should be the 1st overall pick in the draft this year. The 97th best player in the league this year per our league scoring is Daniel Alfredsson. 98 is Paul Martin, 99 Dustin Byfuglien, 100 Joe Pavelski, 101 Brian Campbell, and 102 Brayden Schenn. Not exactly the Zach Parise's of the world. Those are 1st round picks in this draft coming up. Chris Neil and Frans Nielson are the 4th round picks you are looking at
You are discussing all players. I am only discussing players who will be available. (So your 96th player, would actually be the best player available in our league and very valuable addition to our keepers) Most players are just not worth that first round pick because of their value in rebuilding our team. Especially in our league. When we only have to wait 12 spots before picking...sometimes picking twice in a very short period of time.

That is why I wanted a list of our last draft. AFTER our keepers were set you would still see some very decent players coming out of the 3-5 rounds

My point to this topic was to get opinions, and I believe I have some now. Obviously we all value players/picks differently. So, lets move on

Last edited by Mkoll: 03-21-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old
03-23-2013, 03:38 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
My post was not aimed at you specifically, but a trend I have noticed over the last few seasons.

And besides I dont need him that badly, but whether he is your keeper or not is irrelevant to his value to me, or others. He is a great player, just not a top 12 player in my opinion. So, not worth a first.
I think the statistical nature of fantasy hockey and our scoring system in general makes it less subjective than that really. Who's keeper he is isn't really relevant, but the fact that he'd be a keeper on every single team in the league is. JVR21 is killing the league right now and Parise would be a keeper on that team, and Last Place too. The only thing that makes the value close for me is the fact that if you trade Parise for a first you get to keep some other player that you wouldn't have otherwise. So if you were going to cut some guy that would've otherwise gone in the second round of the draft, you might end up on the winning end of that trade. But that's a gamble.

Last edited by Giroux tha Damaja: 03-23-2013 at 03:45 AM.
Old
03-30-2013, 04:42 AM
Krishna

So when is the draft and when do we have to submit our keeper list?

Old
03-30-2013, 04:54 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

The draft will not be until FA starts, so we can make decisions based on that. Keeper List will probably be due the day before the draft. The draft is currently set for some ********, we'll be ignoring that.

As a reminder, 82 games is the limit for all prospects. In the past, once a prospect reaches that level, he must be moved up or released. I believe I'll keep that intact.

A prospect reckoning is coming. Be ready.

Old
03-30-2013, 08:39 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
The draft will not be until FA starts, so we can make decisions based on that. Keeper List will probably be due the day before the draft. The draft is currently set for some ********, we'll be ignoring that.

As a reminder, 82 games is the limit for all prospects. In the past, once a prospect reaches that level, he must be moved up or released. I believe I'll keep that intact.

A prospect reckoning is coming. Be ready.
During the season, do we do 82 games from the start of the season?

Closed Thread