HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will the "Zucc" be back? (3/25: Agrees to terms)

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 500
He really was a PP wizard, it just worked with him for some reason.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:05 PM
Parker

Liked Zucc, can't see him ever becoming a meaningful contributor with Torts as coach of the NYR.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:53 PM
The Perfect Paradox

He looked great before he suffered through that injury. I would accept back off his PP creativity alone.

Old
03-01-2013, 07:03 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Also today, amidst several reports this week that Rangers general manager Glen Sather is interested in re-signing Mats Zuccarello once the 5-foot-7 Norwegian completes his KHL season with Magnitogorsk Metallurg, agent Don Meehan said via e-mail on Thursday, “Haven’t spoken with Glen about him.”
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...1_wrapping_up/

Old
03-01-2013, 09:15 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Interesting, considering they were just in NY discussing something?

I wonder if the Rangers were discussing a contract for ROR....

Old
03-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Vitto79

They should either sign him or trade his rights at the deadline because some team in the NHL will giveh him a chance on a one way deal.

This yr Zuc would of played given the injuries and lack of depth

Old
03-01-2013, 09:42 AM
SoftEuro4thLiner

Magnitka up by 2 on Salavat heading into the final period. If Magnitka wins this game, the series is 3-2 for them. They'd probably face Ak Bars, by a decent amount the best team in the Eastern Conference of the KHL IMO, next. That is assuming Omsk beats Novosibirsk. Traktor Chelyabinsk right now has gained the upper hand on Astana.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
For those asking...i just read this from Bob McKnezie's tweets. Something has changed with signing players mid season with the new CBA

A player that is on a team's reserve list or an RFA playing in Europe does NOT have to go through waivers. So Zuke would not have to clear any waivers if he signs with the Rangers when the KHL playoffs are over with.

In the case of ROR and Calgary's offer sheet, he would have needed to clear waivers first, so he probably would have been picked off waivers and Calgary still would have owed Colorado their first and third draft picks. Colorado though as we know matched and because they matched and he was their RFA he does NOT have to go through waivers.

edit: this is not a direct quote, but more of a summary of what he said

Old
03-01-2013, 01:28 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Zucc comes back, Miller goes down?

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Gaborik - Richards - Callahan
Pyatt - Boyle - Zuccarello
Powe - Halpern - Asham

Old
03-01-2013, 02:31 PM
SlapshotTheMovie

I dont think torts is breaking pyatt stepan and cally up any time soon. Also that work between richards and nash at the end of the tampa game probably will keep that line together a bit longer.

Zucs Boyle Gabby would be more realistic at this point. With Gabby and Hags switching places at points in the game like they did last night.

Then again as much as i love torts i rarely know what he is planning.

Old
03-01-2013, 05:24 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapshotTheMovie View Post
I dont think torts is breaking pyatt stepan and cally up any time soon. Also that work between richards and nash at the end of the tampa game probably will keep that line together a bit longer.

Zucs Boyle Gabby would be more realistic at this point. With Gabby and Hags switching places at points in the game like they did last night.

Then again as much as i love torts i rarely know what he is planning.
When would Zuke become an UFA?

Last edited by JeffMangum: 03-01-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old
03-01-2013, 05:39 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Zucc comes back, Miller goes down?

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Gaborik - Richards - Callahan
Pyatt - Boyle - Zuccarello
Powe - Halpern - Asham

Perfer to move Boyle and keep Miller. If C.K gets his game back then bring him back up and go with some kinda CK/Miller/Zucc line.

Old
03-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
If the team makes a qualifying offer, I believe it takes four seasons, including the season in which the team made the offer, for the player to become unrestricted after remaining unsigned.

It really doesn't make sense for Zuccarello to avoid the NYR in the hopes of becoming unrestricted. It's going to take him another three years after this one.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 03-01-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old
03-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
UFA at 27.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 03-01-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old
03-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Zuccerello could help this teams power play....He certainly couldn't hurt the teams power play!

Old
03-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Maybe he doesn't think the Rangers gave him a fair shot. I'm not saying Zuc didn't get a fair shake but I can see how other people could say that.

I doubt it's because he thinks it's because "he's too good" for the Rangers. Why would you draw that conclusion?

Zuccerello could help this teams power play....He certainly couldn't hurt the teams power play!
I think the general sense I got from our Norwegian friends, who began posting here after Zuccarello joined the team, was that Tortorella's system stifles players like Zuccarello and that he would be better off playing with at least 20 other teams in the league.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:42 PM
azaloum90

Very good chance that Kreider does not come back up this season, IMO...

there is only a month and a half left before the playoffs... Kreider needs some serious development in the Whale, and the Whale is actually playing well, and is a playoff team right now. The kid needs minutes, and the Whale needs more players who can score... That is where he should stay, in my opinion. He's had several opportunties to change that, but he can't adapt to the game.

There is a reason Miller is still up, and quite honestly if he keeps it up, I can't see him going back down to the whale... not with confidence like that.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Perfer to move Boyle and keep Miller. If C.K gets his game back then bring him back up and go with some kinda CK/Miller/Zucc line.
torts's doghouse line?

Old
03-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
He can play at every level, except for the NHL. I liked the little guy, but honestly, I don't see how he fits wit this team. Plus, hes another RW.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Zuuuuc

I'd love to have him back in a top 9 role. This team isn't bad with Nash in the lineup, Zucc would just be more scoring depth. Top 9 of Nash, Hagelin, Richards, Callahan, Stepan, Gaborik, Pyatt, Zucc and Miller (Torts would probably use every imaginable combination with those 9) with a bottom 3 of Powe, Halpern, Boyle and Asham, could be the depth we've been lacking. Not to mention this little hobbit works wonders on the PP. It's like 2007-2009 Sean Avery, you can't put your finger on it, but the team was just better with him in the lineup

Old
03-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Why would I draw the conclusion? He can play at every level, except for the NHL. I liked the little guy, but honestly, I don't see how he fits wit this team. Plus, hes another RW.
However, you don't see how he could help a team that has trouble scoring, that has little depth, that can't score on the power play?

If Zucc played a few even strength minutes, the power play, AND the shootout he would help the team.....right?

Last edited by JeffMangum: 03-01-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old
03-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
I think the general sense I got from our Norwegian friends, who began posting here after Zuccarello joined the team, was that Tortorella's system stifles players like Zuccarello and that he would be better off playing with at least 20 other teams in the league.
So they started posting here AFTER he signed and that's a problem right? Because you have to be a fan for 20 years, a season ticket holder, to post here...to have an opinion....gotcha!

It's funny because all i've read the past few weeks from LONG TIME posters is how Torts system stifles the team....Maybe the Norwegian fans were onto something....

Old
03-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
However, you don't see how he could help a team that has trouble scoring, that has little depth, that can't score on the power play?

If Zucc played a few even strength minutes, the power play, AND the shootout he would help the team.....right?
Yeah, he'll really help us in Torts' doghouse.

Why don't they want him on the Rangers then? Oh right, they'd rather Zuke gets 20 minutes of TOI on a ****** team like the Islanders. Got it.

Old
03-01-2013, 07:33 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Looks like I am going to be the vocal minority here (haven't read the whole thread but seen enough to think there's not much support for MZA) I think he does come back and he is brought in specifically to be a power play catalyst. Where's the downside? I thought he was much improved last year, he won't play against teams where you need someone to Bickel it up (the Flyers for instance) but as a spare part, he's a valuable depth piece. He also can come back and probably get either a 2013-14 team option from the Rangers or a shot at free agency after the season. To me, it's a low cost win, win and he doesn't cost you a future asset for the playoff run.

Old
03-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Yeah, he'll really help us in Torts' doghouse.

Why don't they want him on the Rangers then? Oh right, they'd rather Zuke gets 20 minutes of TOI on a ****** team like the Islanders. Got it.
Why do you ASSuME he would be in Torts doghouse? Isn't Torts part of the Rangers brain trust that would want to bring him back?

Do you think Zucc would add depth to the Rangers?

I'll ask you this again....

If Zucc played a few even strength minutes, the power play, AND the shootout would he help the team?

Closed Thread