HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Conference Discussion (Realignment Approved, Detroit and Columbus Leaving)

Old
02-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsoxfan1214 View Post
sorry, but I have to ask. Did you start following the team a week ago? Why can't you type their name correctly? Red (space!) Wings. NOT redwings. No one ever from any official outlet has ever referred to them as the "Redwings".
It's the internet, not English class. I have been following the team for 16 years.

On that note, let's see how up you are on your favorite team. Do you know what the Blackhawks were called prior to 1986?

Redwings 1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 03:04 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwings 1926 View Post
It's the internet, not English class. I have been following the team for 16 years.

On that note, let's see how up you are on your favorite team. Do you know what the Blackhawks were called prior to 1986?
Black Hawks...now can you take it elsewhere please? Thanks

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Works in football and baseball. Just chop everyone up in 2.
I love this idea

Quote:
Let me put it this way. The Redwings never even made it the SC Finals when they had to play more than one playoff series on the Pacific coast. Coincidence?

It's gotten so annoying that I find myself rooting for you all, St. Louis, and even Colorado to win in the playoffs just so we don't have to play another San Jose or Anaheim series.
Hawks made it to the WCF after winning in CGY and VAN just to get beaten by a way better team back then... the following year the won the SC will winning against VAN and SJ

IF your team is good enough, you will win.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 06:24 PM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I love this idea

Hawks made it to the WCF after winning in CGY and VAN just to get beaten by a way better team back then... the following year the won the SC will winning against VAN and SJ

IF your team is good enough, you will win.
I never said it was impossible, just that much more difficult. In 1997, the Wings had to go through St. Louis, Anaheim, and Colorado to get to the SCF. In 2002, it was Vancouver, St. Louis, and Colorado. That extra hour behind that comes with playing on Pacific time seems to have always been the straw that broke the camel's back. I am not saying it was the only reason. In many of those series, they were clearly outplayed by less talented teams, and my gut tells me that all of the travel had something to do with that.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
What, aren't fans of other teams allowed to come here and have civil discussions about hockey? I'd understand such a sentiment on your part if I were coming here to start flame wars and troll. I just came here to state my opinions, and find out what others thought on the topic.

Is that sort of thing not welcome on here, and reason enough to call me names?

Old
03-01-2013, 01:06 AM
Fenway

vCash: 200
Yes - teams in the west travel more but since today all teams use pampered charters it isn't that bad.

The Bruins did a smart thing in 2011 - in both the ECF and SCF they did not fly after the games in Tampa and Vancouver but flew the next morning and then practiced when they got home.

The big plus is every team goes to every rink at least once. The Bruins/Hawks used to have a great rivalry but not so much the past 25 years.

But Bruins/Hawks did give the NHL video replay. I am a Bruins fan and I left the Garden feeling horrible for the Hawks after this.

Fenway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 01:39 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
I never said it was impossible, just that much more difficult. In 1997, the Wings had to go through St. Louis, Anaheim, and Colorado to get to the SCF. In 2002, it was Vancouver, St. Louis, and Colorado. That extra hour behind that comes with playing on Pacific time seems to have always been the straw that broke the camel's back. I am not saying it was the only reason. In many of those series, they were clearly outplayed by less talented teams, and my gut tells me that all of the travel had something to do with that.
more excuses... keep em coming. The Wings just weren't the best team in those years

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:23 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
what accommodation should the blackhawks need and why don't you think it's being treated "equally".

i get that it sucks to lose the red wings as a rival...but some of the posts in this thread are ridiculous
It's not equal, the Atlantic division teams will walk to road games and stay in their house for every game of the year. Meanwhile teams in every other conference have travel of 500+ miles.

The west teams are split over 3 time zones, all the east teams are in 1.

Where is the fairness? This isn't about being fair this is about kissing the ### of the New York teams and the Redwings. It's sure as hell isn't for the travel for Detroit, they are a lot closer to Chicago, Minnesota, St. Louis, Nashville, then they are Tampa, Miami, Boston, Montreal, Ottawa.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 04:15 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Let's just move Detroit and Columbus into the Central Time Zone...problem solved and crisis averted.

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Cullksinikers

Well, guys, it's happening.

Quote:
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Hearing #NHL #NHLPA will soon announce an agreement in principle on realignment. Players appear comfortable enough moving forward.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Well, guys, it's happening.
Well, whoop-de-****ing-do. Not happy about this, but I guess we are all just going to have to live with it.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

The Hawks will be fine. It sucks losing Detroit as a rival but there is only one other team that can spend with the Hawks in that division right now and that team is fairly mediocre.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:17 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 133
Not too shocked... though I'll be lol'ing mightily if/when the Yotes move to Quebec City this offseason and Detroit gets knocked back to our division.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:01 PM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

I'm happy with Minnesota coming back to the division. It will be fun again.

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Spectra
Registered boozer

Half glass full thing: those bum North Stars are coming back, shouldn't take much to rekindle the rivalry.

Spectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:15 PM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

^Small consolation. Not the "real" Minnesota team, though we do get Dallas. Who am I supposed to hate more...the city or the team?

I'm still not a proponent of this re-alignment. One by one, all of the teams that I rooted against growing up have stayed east, moved out of the division or conference, or relocated. Out of the remaining teams, I'm only invested in St. Louis as an old rival. The rest I can leave, or leave (no taking), including Nashville and even Vancouver. I'm an O6 and 2nd 6 fan over some of the odd locations that hockey currently inhabits.

The Hawks get shafted here, plain and simple. Detroit whines, and whines, and whines, and finally gets what it wants. It's travel schedule will now be an order of magnitude better than any Western Conference team.

On the upside, I'll be seeing a lot more O6 matchups at the Joe.

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
more excuses... keep em coming. The Wings just weren't the best team in those years
I am not making excuses. The Wings came up flat in many of those games. I am not denying that. I am just pointing out that they didn't play as well against those teams in the Pacific Timezone, and am suggesting that the time and travel could have had something to do with that. Being a fan, I think it's safe to say that I've watched a lot more Wings games than you have over the years.

But hey, why am I wasting my time. You won't listen to what I have to say just because you are obviously biased. I have pointed out the trends I have been seeing over the last 15 years watching this team in the playoffs, and you just want to say I am making excuses. Fine, believe what you want.

Old
03-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr View Post
^Small consolation. Not the "real" Minnesota team, though we do get Dallas. Who am I supposed to hate more...the city or the team?

I'm still not a proponent of this re-alignment. One by one, all of the teams that I rooted against growing up have stayed east, moved out of the division or conference, or relocated. Out of the remaining teams, I'm only invested in St. Louis as an old rival. The rest I can leave, or leave (no taking), including Nashville and even Vancouver. I'm an O6 and 2nd 6 fan over some of the odd locations that hockey currently inhabits.

The Hawks get shafted here, plain and simple. Detroit whines, and whines, and whines, and finally gets what it wants. It's travel schedule will now be an order of magnitude better than any Western Conference team.

On the upside, I'll be seeing a lot more O6 matchups at the Joe.
I come from a family of generations of Wings fans, and have talked a lot of hockey with a lot of people over the years, and well, let me put it this way. I don't think we do any more "whining" about the schedule than Blackhawks fans do about the Red Wings and their fans. I have been to a lot of Hawks forums only to notice that a good portion of the threads on there are dedicated to hating on the Wings.

I could kind of sympathize with you all back when you had that cheap, stubborn mule running the organization into the ground and alienating fans and former players, but that is far from the case now. The Hawks have an owner who cares about actually winning and a Stanley Cup championship in recent memory to show for it, so I don't quite get it now. I just want to say "hey, you have a great team now. Enjoy it, and quit worrying about the Wings".

At the end of the day, I am like you in the sense that I want to see more original 6, and even some "Class of 1967" match-ups, and am tired of all of these west coast teams no one cares about. The NHL certainly doesn't benefit when those teams win either.

Old
03-01-2013, 05:57 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I don't get what was so hard to understand about this...

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:41 PM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

Quote:
I come from a family of generations of Wings fans, and have talked a lot of hockey with a lot of people over the years, and well, let me put it this way. I don't think we do any more "whining" about the schedule than Blackhawks fans do about the Red Wings and their fans. I have been to a lot of Hawks forums only to notice that a good portion of the threads on there are dedicated to hating on the Wings.

I could kind of sympathize with you all back when you had that cheap, stubborn mule running the organization into the ground and alienating fans and former players, but that is far from the case now. The Hawks have an owner who cares about actually winning and a Stanley Cup championship in recent memory to show for it, so I don't quite get it now. I just want to say "hey, you have a great team now. Enjoy it, and quit worrying about the Wings".

At the end of the day, I am like you in the sense that I want to see more original 6, and even some "Class of 1967" match-ups, and am tired of all of these west coast teams no one cares about. The NHL certainly doesn't benefit when those teams win either.
Pot meet kettle.

The Wings fan coming to our board to tell us what to 'worry about'

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Amberelise

I'm apparently in the minority, but I'm thrilled with this conference. There will be a good rivalry with the Blues and the Wild.

Nashville is one of the best arenas, with great fans, in the league.

The Stars/Avalanche have at least been decent in somewhat recent memory. And, I'd rather them over the Blue Jackets.

And, frankly, I'd rather NOT play the Red Wings all the time. We'll all forget about the Wings in about two years anyway. And, besides, who really wants to go to that city to watch a game anyway? If you want to go to Michigan to watch a game, go to the U of M. That's entertaining.

Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
I don't get what was so hard to understand about this...
What? That fans of other teams aren't allowed to come here and have a civil discussion? I came here out of curiosity and in search of a different perspective. Instead, most of the responses that I have gotten display the level of maturity that one would expect from an 11 year old.

If you disagree with me then that's fine. State your opinions like mature adults, and I'll listen. If all you want to do is call me names, and tell me to go away then I'll just assume that you don't have an argument. You see how that works?

Old
03-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Redwings 1926
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
Pot meet kettle.

The Wings fan coming to our board to tell us what to 'worry about'

Worried? The Red Wings are in 5th place right now, which means that if the season were to end today, they'd be in the playoffs.

With that said, don't get cocky now. Winning during the regular season is one thing. Winning in the playoffs is quite another. Just ask the Los Angles Kings, or the 2006 Red Wings and 1991 Blackhawks for that matter.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:40 PM
SchruteFarms
Cup #5!

It is a bit weird that the Blackhawks are in the Western Conference while the Bulls are in the Eastern Conference.

SchruteFarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:19 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
What? That fans of other teams aren't allowed to come here and have a civil discussion? I came here out of curiosity and in search of a different perspective. Instead, most of the responses that I have gotten display the level of maturity that one would expect from an 11 year old.

If you disagree with me then that's fine. State your opinions like mature adults, and I'll listen. If all you want to do is call me names, and tell me to go away then I'll just assume that you don't have an argument. You see how that works?
I think the problem is you have become an irritant to some with your constant posts. Wouldn't you have a more fruitful discussion back on your own board?

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote