HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The ALL encompassing Rumors & Speculation Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 10:56 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by kammy View Post
fixed
Bazinga.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:01 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Wow and people think Homer doesn't understand the cap. Imagine the outrage if that was Homers offersheet.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:27 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

vCash: 500
Do we take a stab at kovi. I don't like him but can be better than knuble. Can't he?

I just don't want to be in a situation of injuries.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:09 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Getting a little tired of old players. Don't need any more.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:11 PM
McNasty

Bryz should get bought out, he's struggling to find consistency in year 2, how bad is it going to be 3 years from now when he's 35?

I would expect them to go bargain shopping but I wonder how much one of Ottawas goalies would cost in a trade. Bishop or Lehner specifically.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:26 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Getting a little tired of old players. Don't need any more.
:headscratch:

The Flyers have a very young team. Only 9 players are over 30. One is Hartnell and one is Timonen. Another is Knuble. Knuble is effectively gone. Hartnell, at a shocking 31 (next month) is a key part of this team, as is Timonen. So that leaves six others at 30+ (Bryz, Boosh, Feds, Foster, Briere, and Gagne). Foster rarely plays. Gagne is 33, not exactly ancient. Bryz is 32, same thing. You need guys in their 30s on the team. Having less than half of your roster over 30 is not really old (especially when only two of them are only 35+). It would be nice to have a team full of ELCs, but that simply doesn't happen.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Bryz should get bought out, he's struggling to find consistency in year 2, how bad is it going to be 3 years from now when he's 35?

I would expect them to go bargain shopping but I wonder how much one of Ottawas goalies would cost in a trade. Bishop or Lehner specifically.

Bryz has been one of the most consistent. Year two has been a marked improvement, and year three should be even better.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:37 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Remember where I stated we should be a team of ELCs? Neither do I. That that simply doesn't happen is the most obvious and useless comment in awhile. If you're a lawyer, I'm Bruce Wayne.

There are some 1 year contract, low talent, dinosaurs on this team. No need for Kovi. Enough already.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:52 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
By Kovi are you guys referring to Kovalev? The only Kovi I know is on a 17 year deal in NJ. Kovalev is a lazy player with great hands and no work ethic. With Gagne here where does he fit on this team?

Old
03-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post

He should be bought out in summer 2014 if he hasn't had a really, really good season because his contract is too long and too expensive. But it's too early to make that move this offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buff View Post
Ok maybe it's crazy....

Guys do you think the Vancouver Canuck could want Dany Briere ?

Briere for Roberto Luongo and the Flyers byout Bryzgalov at the end of the season. I cannot trusting Bryzgalov and to me Luongo remain a top goalie in the league.

Luongo saving% : .916 16th
GAA : 2.11 10th

Okay i'm ready to see you making fun on me with that one. But why not ??
If Luongo gets bought then I wouldn't mind the Flyers signing him instead of Bryz. But Luongo's current deal is even longer than Bryzgalov's. No one wants it.

Old
03-01-2013, 05:04 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
By Kovi are you guys referring to Kovalev? The only Kovi I know is on a 17 year deal in NJ. Kovalev is a lazy player with great hands and no work ethic. With Gagne here where does he fit on this team?
I hate when guys try to use an established nickname like "Kovi" which refers to Kovalchuk to be cute/clever/original and refer to another player like Kovalev, who has never been called Kovi in his life.

It's extremely annoying. It'd be like saying "I'm glad G is back in Philadelphia and all we had to do to get him is trade a 4th round pick".

Old
03-01-2013, 05:06 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Remember where I stated we should be a team of ELCs? Neither do I. That that simply doesn't happen is the most obvious and useless comment in awhile. If you're a lawyer, I'm Bruce Wayne.

There are some 1 year contract, low talent, dinosaurs on this team. No need for Kovi. Enough already.
Haha. Ouch, man. No need to resort to that. Your insults hurt.

Anyway...Which one year low talent dinosaurs are you complaining about? There are only three guys under contract that are over 35, one is Knuble who I doubt we see much of the rest of the season. One is Timonen that I don't think anyone would consider useless. The other is Boosh who I'd probably agree with you.

Old
03-01-2013, 05:09 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
Bryz has been one of the most consistent. Year two has been a marked improvement, and year three should be even better.
Year 1: .909 save %, 2.48 GAA
Year 2: .902 save %, 2.69 GAA

Marked Improvement. Clearly. And anyone who has watched Bryz's Jekyll and Hyde act from the first few weeks to the last 2, would NEVER use the word "consistent" to describe this guy. If he were to go out over the next 20 starts and string together 20 consistent decent games with no back to back clunkers, it would be the first time he's done so in the Orange and Black.

You cannot win a Stanley Cup w/ an inconsistent goalie like Bryz.

Old
03-01-2013, 05:13 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
He's consistently inconsistent he just finished the month of February with 14 starts and an .892 save %. That's considerably below average and absolutely not worth the considerable cap hit he brings.

Old
03-01-2013, 05:25 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
I hate when guys try to use an established nickname like "Kovi" which refers to Kovalchuk to be cute/clever/original and refer to another player like Kovalev, who has never been called Kovi in his life.

It's extremely annoying. It'd be like saying "I'm glad G is back in Philadelphia and all we had to do to get him is trade a 4th round pick".
Hey Bernies, chill, I was typing on my phone at the time... I would have put in Kovalev but my phone kept changing it, I got annoyed and put that in. I know you'd all know who I was referring too... sheesh

Old
03-01-2013, 05:51 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Hey Bernies, chill, I was typing on my phone at the time... I would have put in Kovalev but my phone kept changing it, I got annoyed and put that in. I know you'd all know who I was referring too... sheesh
That's no excuse. I thought you were referring to Kovalchuk and I was all confused for like 30 minutes trying to figure out if NJ was shopping Ilya.

Just kidding, seriously it's alright man. Just don't let it happen again.

Old
03-01-2013, 05:53 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
That's no excuse. I thought you were referring to Kovalchuk and I was all confused for like 30 minutes trying to figure out if NJ was shopping Ilya.

Just kidding, seriously it's alright man. Just don't let it happen again.
I'lll try not too....

Old
03-01-2013, 06:46 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Which one year low talent dinosaurs are you complaining about? There are only three guys under contract that are over 35
I never mentioned age 35 as the rule of thumb for who I am calling a dinosaur.

Here are the people that are old and need to be gone and are dinosaurs in their own way--contractually or whatever:

**Do not confuse this with saying that old players are necessarily bad, as these player exist NOW, I would not start a team with ANY of them and if you did your team would suck.

Briere (35).
Fedotenko (34).
Shelley (37).
Knuble (40).
Pronger (38).
Walker (32).
Foster (31).
Boucher (36).
Leighton (31).
Lilja (37).

That is a ton of aging dead weight. Do not want. Management needs to stop with their penchant for filling up the roster with this. I have nothing against them personally. I'm sure they're all wonderful people.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:49 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
C'mon bro. You know we're talking about the Florida situation.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:55 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:

Here are the people that are old and need to be gone and are dinosaurs in their own way--contractually or whatever:

**Do not confuse this with saying that old players are necessarily bad, as these player exist NOW, I would not start a team with ANY of them and if you did your team would suck.

Briere (35). Playoff beast playing on our 2nd line
Fedotenko (34). 4th line role player killing penalties solid defensively
Shelley (37).
Knuble (40). Depth forward with ties to organization signed in desperation because we had no one else to bring up
Pronger (38). Franchise D and captain, injured
Walker (32). Cap dump buried in minors
Foster (31). Depth D-man signed in offseason
Boucher (36). Depth Goalie who is now our backup
Leighton (31). Depth Goalie who used to be our backup
Lilja (37). Depth D-man

That is a ton of aging dead weight. Do not want. Management needs to stop with their penchant for filling up the roster with this. I have nothing against them personally. I'm sure they're all wonderful people.
Why do you have a problem with having depth?

Old
03-01-2013, 06:56 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
C'mon bro. You know we're talking about the Florida situation.
No I didn't, I wasn't aware of any Florida situation and have never heard anyone refferred to as Kovy other then Kovalchuk

Old
03-01-2013, 07:03 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Why do you have a problem with having depth?
I don't, but most of that "depth" is rubbish. 7 of those ACTIVE players stand a strong chance of not being in the NHL *whatsoever.*

Old
03-01-2013, 07:54 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:

Briere (35).
Fedotenko (34).
Shelley (37).
Knuble (40).
Pronger (38).
Walker (32).
Foster (31).
Boucher (36).
Leighton (31).
Lilja (37).

I'm so sorry. I guess when you said old in your first post, then dinosaur in your second post, that you meant old guys. I figured you meant around 35, but it appears your definition of old or dinosaurs is 30. Ok, that's fine. Ten players over age 30 is not a shocking number. While that list is not wrought with talent and quality contracts, those are the types of players that fill out every roster in the NHL. You need depth. You need seasoned players.

Old
03-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Ryker

Quote:
No, no, Kovalchuk is Kovy, so he was quite precise with his post

Old
03-01-2013, 09:45 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
No, no, Kovalchuk is Kovy, so he was quite precise with his post

Closed Thread