HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XIX

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Kitten Mittons

vCash: 500
No, not good enough. Injuries happen. Jenkins is unproven. I want a receiver who can be relied upon.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:49 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
No, not good enough. Injuries happen. Jenkins is unproven. I want a receiver who can be relied upon.
So you don't want to draft one then?

Old
02-28-2013, 12:00 AM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Yeah, Jenkins couldn't even line up properly when he finally saw the field.

Unlike James, who wasn't playing due to depth, I think the 49ers didn't play Jenkins because they don't think he can cut it.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:07 AM
wtfisthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
Yeah, Jenkins couldn't even line up properly when he finally saw the field.

Unlike James, who wasn't playing due to depth, I think the 49ers didn't play Jenkins because they don't think he can cut it.
And the one and only pass he got thrown to him, he dropped it. Even Chad Hall passed him on the depth chart. Really hard to have confidence in him right now.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:12 AM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

Last I heard, Manningham isn't going to start the season either. He's got a long route to recovery.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:11 AM
Risky F
Don't Mess Up.

Wait really? you aren't happy with the Wideouts the Niners have? Missing from that list is Kyle Williams. I really don't know what you expect them to get. Throw in Davis at you have some great YOUNG talent for Kap to throw too.

Btw, Steph Curry dropped 54 on the Knicks tonight. They got jobbed on some calls though. The best part is he did it in New York on ESPN. Not an allstar, coaches? He just showed them how wrong they were over the past two games.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:32 AM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Crabtree, Manningham, and Jenkins ain't good enough for you? They need a new secondary and some depth on the line. The defense shouldn't fall apart just because Justin Smith gets hurt.
Jenkins is teetering very close to the edge of being a bust already, I don't get the impression from anyone that he looks at all like he's going to be NFL level any time soon (which isn't surprising, he was a reach when he was taken). I don't know if Crabtree, Williams and Manningham are a good enough group, especially not if injuries persist.

But, I agree, finding someone who can replace Smith when he does finally show his age is probably the most important thing the Niners need to do. He is clearly the MVP of this football team, and replacing him (someday) is going to be damn hard. Hopefully he still is a monster and plays another 150 straight games or whatever.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:36 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Just throw some money at Wallace.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:19 AM
Pinkfloyd

Really, guys? A rookie receiver that played three games, 37 snaps and thrown to once and you're going to write him off already? Show some patience.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:23 AM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Really, guys? A rookie receiver that played three games, 37 snaps and thrown to once and you're going to write him off already? Show some patience.
I was patient with Rashaun Woods, and this guy looks even worse.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Risky F
Don't Mess Up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
Jenkins is teetering very close to the edge of being a bust already
are...are you serious?

Old
02-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
I was patient with Rashaun Woods, and this guy looks even worse.
How can you say he looks worse? He only played 37 snaps. He needs a better opportunity than that to be judged upon accurately.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Risky F
Don't Mess Up.

if he started all the games, and didn't do anything, then he's a bust. but you cause are either dumb, or trolling.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:56 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson just gave a pretty rousing speech, announcing the investor group putting in a bid to buy the Kings and build a new arena at the downtown mall.

24 Hour Fitness founder, Mark Mastrov and billionaire, part-owner of the Penguins, Ron Burkle would be the majority owners. Burkle was instrumental in the development of the new Pittsburg arena. JMA Ventures, current owners of the Downtown Plaza have stated that they're onboard for discussions, but nothing signed yet.

The bid will be submitted to the NBA Board of Governors, meeting tomorrow's deadline.

Here's the story.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

This Jenkins bust talk is comical.

A rookie looking bad in his rookie season??? Well I never! Drop his ass!!!

Old
02-28-2013, 11:29 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Dylan View Post
Just throw some money at Wallace.
i would rather they have used the first rounder they spent on Jenkins as the compensation for offer-sheeting Wallace. then again Wallace didn't have a great year for the Steelers. still his speed is elite and he has a history of production.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:25 AM
krudmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson just gave a pretty rousing speech, announcing the investor group putting in a bid to buy the Kings and build a new arena at the downtown mall.

24 Hour Fitness founder, Mark Mastrov and billionaire, part-owner of the Penguins, Ron Burkle would be the majority owners. Burkle was instrumental in the development of the new Pittsburg arena. JMA Ventures, current owners of the Downtown Plaza have stated that they're onboard for discussions, but nothing signed yet.

The bid will be submitted to the NBA Board of Governors, meeting tomorrow's deadline.

Here's the story.
Nice. **** Seattle.

I mean, not really. The Sonics should be an expansion team.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:07 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
i would rather they have used the first rounder they spent on Jenkins as the compensation for offer-sheeting Wallace. then again Wallace didn't have a great year for the Steelers. still his speed is elite and he has a history of production.
Wallace can't catch a cold. I'm willing to give Jenkins a shot. This year they need to get a d-lineman and DB. Someone is bound to slide or package those picks to move up and get who you want.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:11 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Nice. **** Seattle.

I mean, not really. The Sonics should be an expansion team.
Seattle? **** the Maloofs.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:30 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
How can you say he looks worse? He only played 37 snaps. He needs a better opportunity than that to be judged upon accurately.
Not being able to make the active roster for more than 3 games when the team has major injuries to the WR is not a good thing for a 1st round pick in the NFL. I'm sorry, but first round NFL picks are expected to make the roster. I would also hope that even a 4th receiver on the roster with 37 snaps would a) get more than 1 target, and b) not drop his one target. He was also passed by Chad Hall on the depth chart. Can you think of a 1st round pick who contributed less this year than Jenkins? Especially considering how many receivers drafted later did contribute.

There's certainly nothing from anything he showed in game, his inability to get on the active roster, or any reports about his practice performance to indicate he's going to contribute significantly any time soon. I'm sorry, but in the NFL you can't afford to have 1st round picks fail to make an active roster. These aren't 18 year olds, they're 22 or 23 year olds. If you have any practice reports saying he looked good, show them to me, I remember Maiocco often saying the opposite.

So yeah, I'm not going to count on Jenkins to suddenly contribute significantly enough to be the 3rd, or even 4th receiver on this team next year. I hope I'm wrong, but I think at least they need to find a new receiver for next season (although I don't think they should draft him, they need to draft a DT).

Old
03-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Risky F
Don't Mess Up.

Jenkins will be working out with Kap this offseason.

Jenkins couldn't make the lineup because they have two TE's that play like WRs. this whole topic is stupid.

Old
03-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Rickety Cricket

If I'm the Niners I look at improving the DT depth because Smith is getting older and you would want to keep him as fresh as possible. I don't think RJF did a good job in his place.

Revis would be nice for the Niners but he might be there for only one year. It might be worth going after Dunta Robinson.

As for Jenkins, when he got into games he didn't look good. He might have the same growth pattern as DHB. He was awful his rookie year, but worked his ass off and I would consider him a solid number two receiver. I know his stats were pretty bad last year, but I think that was due to the offense the Raiders ran, the year before he almost had 1, 000 yards receiving. I'd be a bit more patient with Jenkins. If there isn't much improvement next year, then I'd be a bit more concerned.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:39 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=658059

Sharks Ice hosting California HS tournament this weekend.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:42 AM
SHAR KS
3-0

Did Chad Hall get more snaps than Jenkins in the playoffs?

I remember reading this article http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/...h-in-practice/

I hope Jenkins sees the field next season. I still think Jeffery or Hill would have been better picks. Prove me wrong Jenkins.

Old
03-02-2013, 02:40 AM
wtfisthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posey View Post
Did Chad Hall get more snaps than Jenkins in the playoffs?
Pretty sure he did. Regardless, theres no excuse for a first round pick like him to even be competing with a career practice squadder like Chad Hall for snaps.

Closed Thread