HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL Non-Hockey Sports Discussion 2013-2014

Old
02-28-2013, 12:05 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Thank You

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 07:44 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Lots of people find the Harlem Shake videos stupid, but I think they are quite funny. The Heat just released one of their own:

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:21 PM
zeroG

biggest scam in sports - right here in miami!

Quote:
Somewhere, an enterprising baseball writer must be working on a book that is the opposite of Moneyball. This story wouldn't be about a bright, idealistic, young executive who, on a budget dwarfed by those of other major league teams, fields winning ball clubs with underrated players whom he acquires cheaply.

This book—let's call it Scamball—would be about an owner in his 70s who signed All-Star caliber players, hoodwinked the taxpayers into funding most of his new stadium, and then after just one season after the stadium opened, sold off the best talent and pocketed the profits.
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...-miami/273644/

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:20 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
biggest scam in sports - right here in miami!

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...-miami/273644/
Why do you even waste your time zero? F$%@ the Marlins. This stuff about Loria telling Reyes to buy a home, then Loria comes out and pretty much calls Reyes a liar is childish. Whats even funnier, and more pathetic than that, the league actually lets this clown and his pet monkey own and run a MLB franchise. OK, I have one more that is even worse than that, while they own Stanton's rights for a good number of years, he will be a HR and RBI king eventually, only it will probably be somewhere else. Screw them!

Old
03-01-2013, 10:08 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Why do you even waste your time zero? F$%@ the Marlins. This stuff about Loria telling Reyes to buy a home, then Loria comes out and pretty much calls Reyes a liar is childish. Whats even funnier, and more pathetic than that, the league actually lets this clown and his pet monkey own and run a MLB franchise. OK, I have one more that is even worse than that, while they own Stanton's rights for a good number of years, he will be a HR and RBI king eventually, only it will probably be somewhere else. Screw them!
i really couldn't care less about the team but the situation is embarrassment for the area and reflects poorly on all the teams down there. i do care about the panthers and dolphins. the more this stuff comes to light in major national outlets like the atlantic monthly, the more pressure there is on mlb, for example, to put an end to this. one can hope at least.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
WR Brian Hartline resigned with the Dolphins for 5 yrs, $30.77 million (avg just over $6M/yr) with $12.5M guaranteed. A little more than I would've wanted to pay him but only by a little and he probably would've got $6M+/yr if he got to free agency.

Rumors are also surfacing that we've re-signed Matt Moore to backup Tannehill. Sounds like a 2 yr deal for $8M in total. I dont mind Moore coming back.

So long as they get another WR in free agency, a pass rusher (preferably via our 1st rounder), a couple cornerbacks, a TE (probably via free agency), a RT to replace Martin who will be LT (Eric Winston is available) and maybe a free safety, it would be a successful offseason.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...miami-dolphins

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Benched

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
WR Brian Hartline resigned with the Dolphins for 5 yrs, $30.77 million (avg just over $6M/yr) with $12.5M guaranteed. A little more than I would've wanted to pay him but only by a little and he probably would've got $6M+/yr if he got to free agency.

Rumors are also surfacing that we've re-signed Matt Moore to backup Tannehill. Sounds like a 2 yr deal for $8M in total. I dont mind Moore coming back.

So long as they get another WR in free agency, a pass rusher (preferably via our 1st rounder), a couple cornerbacks, a TE (probably via free agency), a RT to replace Martin who will be LT (Eric Winston is available) and maybe a free safety, it would be a successful offseason.

They're supposed to make a big push for Mike Wallace. As for a TE, Dustin Keller would be cool.

Benched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:44 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post

Its a bit much for Hartline, but he will compliment Wallace, if we are fortunate enough to get him. I expect Wallace and one of Cook, Keller, or Bennett to be our two big offensive additions. Cook and Keller would be nice, but Im a big Bennett fan, and think he would be a perfect fit for us, since he is an athletic TE, who is also one of the better blocking TEs in the game. Everyone knows the Fins are going to go hard after Wallace, and rightfully so. He instantly adds a threat to this team that we havent had in forever. If we can get him, along with one of those TEs, we all of a sudden have a solid offense. Those weapons also give Lamar Miller space to run, and I expect big things from him next year. I expect them to make a run at Winston too.

On defense, I see them going after guys like Reed, Goldson, Freeney, Abraham, Umenyiora, and Pacman Jones. Umenyiora is 30, but put him opposite of Wake, and we would have an excellent front four. I expect them to go with either Rhodes or Trufant at 12 in the draft, answering some of our CB needs. Id really like to see Ireland be aggressive and move up for Milliner, but I just dont see him doing that. Its a big offseason for the Fins, and Ireland. We have the money to spend, and there are enough players on the market to put this team into contention. We are either going to become a contending SB team, or we will be right back where we were a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
i really couldn't care less about the team but the situation is embarrassment for the area and reflects poorly on all the teams down there. i do care about the panthers and dolphins. the more this stuff comes to light in major national outlets like the atlantic monthly, the more pressure there is on mlb, for example, to put an end to this. one can hope at least.
I love the Marlins, but Im done with them until MLB steps in and removes these clowns. They are an embarrassment to South Florida.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:24 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I like the two Dolphins signings. Hartline is a good dependable #2 WR and while I think we overpaid a bit for him, I'm glad that he wants to see success with this team as they build.

Moore as a backup QB is just what I think we need in case Tannehill can't play. I also like the mentoring he was helping him with last season.

I'm really hoping that signing Wallace does happen. That would hopefully a big step forward in the team's progression to eventually become a contender.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:25 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Don't mess with Canadian baseball Mexico!

PantherboyHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:34 AM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

The Fins are "the lead dog" right now to land Wallace. They can give him the money he wants, and now Rotoworld says Wallace prefers warm weather. There is also apparantly a lot of buzz around Miami having interest in Mendenhall. If he comes here that would spend the end of Thomas, which is fine by me. Miller is going to the starting back anways, so having Mendenhall as a backup instead of Thomas is a no brainer.

As for TE, forget Keller. I'd rather have either Davis, Cook or the sleeper TE this year, Delanie Walker. He will be a much cheaper option and can be very productive. FA is about to begin so this will get really interesting. This is Irelands last chance or he is out!! Get us Wallace, Mendenhall and a TE and with a lot of draft picks this year, especially 5 in the first 3 rounds, we are in a really good position here. He better not **** this up!!

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Erick

Quote:

I love the Marlins, but Im done with them until MLB steps in and removes these clowns. They are an embarrassment to South Florida.
But you're still a diehard Panthers and Dolphins fan?

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:36 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
we need some help indeed

Old
03-10-2013, 09:47 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
At least the Panthers and Dolphins try. They fail but at least they try.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:43 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

As of today, it has been reported from a few spots that Wallace to Miami is a "done deal". Hopefully once FA officially starts tomorrow its not long after until we make it official.

Old
03-12-2013, 04:12 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Wallace signs with the Fins, 5/65. Its $12 million a season, which is a bit much, but at least we finally have a #1. They are now going after Cook, which would give us even more of a threat for Tanny.

Old
03-12-2013, 04:50 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Dannell Ellerbe next to sign with the Fins. Huge LB pickup!

Old
03-12-2013, 06:47 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Ive been waiting all day for the signings to be rolling in and so far, Ireland has hit a home run. Of course its a **** load of money he's giving out, but Wallace and Ellerbe are excellent pickups. So happy about Wallace. We knew it was happening, but now Tannehill has a big time deep threat to throw to, and with Hartline on the other side, and Bess in the slot, its looking good. Now we just need a TE and since we lost out on Cook, Im guessing we draft either Eifert or Ertz (give me either one!!).

There is a chance Long could still be back. He's meeting with the Rams tonight, but Miami is his fallback in case they dont hit it off. Hopefully thats the case, if we can retain Long after this, that is huge!

Of all the **** Ireland does, he finally hit a home run today and I know we are not done. Cant wait for the next signing, and the draft could be the cherry on top! I cant wait for the regular season!!!

Old
03-12-2013, 07:26 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
Ive been waiting all day for the signings to be rolling in and so far, Ireland has hit a home run. Of course its a **** load of money he's giving out, but Wallace and Ellerbe are excellent pickups. So happy about Wallace. We knew it was happening, but now Tannehill has a big time deep threat to throw to, and with Hartline on the other side, and Bess in the slot, its looking good. Now we just need a TE and since we lost out on Cook, Im guessing we draft either Eifert or Ertz (give me either one!!).

There is a chance Long could still be back. He's meeting with the Rams tonight, but Miami is his fallback in case they dont hit it off. Hopefully thats the case, if we can retain Long after this, that is huge!

Of all the **** Ireland does, he finally hit a home run today and I know we are not done. Cant wait for the next signing, and the draft could be the cherry on top! I cant wait for the regular season!!!
Long is still there, but only for the right amount. I think they will turn their attention to Winston if Long signs elsewhere.

Phillip Wheeler is the latest signing by Ireland, which probably means Burnett will get released soon. Very good signing, and having him and Ellerbe is a big upgrade at the LB spot.

At TE, Im thinking they go after Keller or Myers, or draft Eifert. Id rather see them go with Keller, and get Austin in the draft.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Laus723
Future Now

ESPN said we're looking at Cook, that be a good pick up at TE.

Great day so far.

03-12-2013, 07:48 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
ESPN said we're looking at Cook, that be a good pick up at TE.

Great day so far.
Cook signed with the Rams already. It was between us and the Rams, but you have to think that he chose the Rams since Fisher was the one who drafted him in Tennessee.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Cook signed with the Rams already. It was between us and the Rams, but you have to think that he chose the Rams since Fisher was the one who drafted him in Tennessee.
Ah ok, hadnt seen.

Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:37 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Burnett released as well. They went from two older, slower players, to two younger, more athletic LBers with big upside. Ireland might have overpaid a bit, but he gets an A+ from me today. With the release of both Burnett and Dansby, I believe they freed up a bit more than $6 million in cap space. So we sign Wallace, Ellerbe, and Wheeler today, and we still have a good amount of cap space available. Unbelievable.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Erick

Dolphins had a pretty good day today.

They basically just need a OL, TE, and CB's now.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:09 AM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:
Long is still there, but only for the right amount. I think they will turn their attention to Winston if Long signs elsewhere.

Phillip Wheeler is the latest signing by Ireland, which probably means Burnett will get released soon. Very good signing, and having him and Ellerbe is a big upgrade at the LB spot.

At TE, Im thinking they go after Keller or Myers, or draft Eifert. Id rather see them go with Keller, and get Austin in the draft.
I am with you on Myers. If they do go for a FA TE I would be ok with Myers. Forget Keller, he is so overrated. I wouldnt go near that guy. Either go for Myers or draft Eifert or Ertz and I have a feeling Ireland has the mindset of drafting Eifert. If we drafted that kid, this offense would be friggin awesome!!!