HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ya or nay to a $500,000 Kovalev ?

Old
03-01-2013, 09:24 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
He was our best player for 4 years and carried the team with his bare hands.

Letting him retire as a Hab would be a classy move.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I wouldn't mind if they gave him a 10 game tryout if an injury came up etc.
that is the thing,if it isn't working, he can pack it in, retire a Habs..we stop paying him.

again 5 pt in 14 games 12 mins a night with Panthers, with a game winner and 2 pp points........the chump change he makes, even if he wins us a few games down the stretch, it's worth it .

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:26 PM
groovejuice

[QUOTE=Habaneros;60764945]
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post

some day we might ....most nhl rinks are done now around 35 years....

Bell Centre is half way there.
I couldn't resist. Like most people on this board, I loved Kovy at his best. Unfortunately, his playing days are long behind him.

groovejuice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
that is the thing,if is isn't working, he can pack it in, retire a Habs..

again 5 pt in 14 games 12 minsd a night with Panthers, with a game winner and 2 pp points........the chump change he makes, even if he wins us a few games, it's worth it .
Yeah, I mean.. in a limited role, back in Montreal.. he could probably still pot 25 pts without breaking a sweat. Maybe that's expecting a lot, but hey... it wouldn't cost a lot either way and the PP couldn't hurt any Alex.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:37 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Never, some people have to give up on this dude he is not done, he is overdone and has been for a couple of years No ****ing insurance policy, no playoffs, no PP.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Yeah, I mean.. in a limited role, back in Montreal.. he could probably still pot 25 pts without breaking a sweat. Maybe that's expecting a lot, but hey... it wouldn't cost a lot either way and the PP couldn't hurt any Alex.

I fully agree...Habs got to really think this over....if any og the nay sayers cant figure it out,just listen to Kovy what i highlight in red...Kovy still got game IMHO.He wants back with Habs,it killed him since he left.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=289008

Quote:
The former Montreal Canadiens forward - who signed a two-year, $10 million deal with the Ottawa Senators as a free agent this summer - told reporters on Thursday that he likes the idea of finishing his career in Montreal.

"I was disappointed, I thought for sure I'd be staying here," said Kovalev at his charity golf tournament in Montreal. "I couldn't really understand what had just happened. In the end, I took it from a business point of view. You had a chance to stay here, and you didn't, so you just go and do the job somewhere else. But maybe somewhere in the future I'll be back again, and get the same support."
Quote:
"I've been back to Montreal four or five times in the last three weeks," Kovalev continued. "Every time you see a fan on the street, (they say) they're really disappointed. That's why I say, maybe after two years I'll be back again. It definitely would be nice to retire here.
Quote:
"When you spend such a long time with one organization - it happened before when I had to leave the Rangers and Pittsburgh - it's not easy," said Kovalev. "But this was a different situation where it was a completely different feeling playing for the city and with the fans reactions, the support and everything, it's not that easy to leave the city after that."

Last edited by Habaneros: 03-01-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old
03-01-2013, 09:39 PM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Never, some people have to give up on this dude he is not done, he is overdone and has been for a couple of years No ****ing insurance policy, no playoffs, no PP.
You're talking about Gionta, right?

DenverHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:39 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Who cares what he wants.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

The fascination with this player is crazy.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb

No place in our lineup. Bring back Saku instead.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:42 PM
haburger

Quote:
so when injuries continue to hit, you say Kovalev is more a bum than who?

500,000 is a cheap insurance policy no question, and you know he loved the fans(atmosphere) here...you likely get 28 games from him ,then he retires...he goes out with a bang IMHO

I honestly would do it ..very low risk move

I would take Kovelev in the line up in the playoffs ,over any AHL prospect forward we have in Hamilton at this time...
there you are habaneros.how the leafs doin ?

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:43 PM
shutehinside

This obsession with Kobalev really hasto stop.

He was a good player for us like 5 years ago. His skill set and speed can't even keep him on Floridas roster and he's good enough to play for the Habs?! This is ridiculous.

These threads are ****ing stupid and embarrassing. LET HIM GO PEOPLE! He's done.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:44 PM
davepeak
Too many pools

I'm not sure, I'm a big fan of Kovalev, but I would say NO with our current lineup/team philosophy. I guess we are one of the only teams where he would accept playing a limited role, but it's too late.

Well, I guess I'd still be happy if we get him back for 1Y/$500,000, but I don't want MB to actively try to get him (trade).

Totally OT: Lingerie Football League currently playing on RDS2... what the??? So weird, that league shouldn't even exist... (and I'm a 25 year old man).

davepeak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
there you are habaneros.how the leafs doin ?
I made a post, said Leafs will miss playoffs this year ,just the other day.....

Old
03-01-2013, 09:47 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Going to rename this to the KOVY vs ELLER thread.

Now i remember why habaneros was on my ignore list.....

THe freakin panthers dont want him yet will be good enough for us? Delusional...

And for the part abour playing only 4th line minutes and pp well thats gainey/gauthier/martin written all over it... With our new mgt, every line has a defined role, hence our 4th line being mostly big energy guys.... Therrien would eat kovalev alive and would not fit in our team concept, let alone our aggressive style of play!

All this coming from a huge kovy fan back in the day, im just smart enough to realize that hes done

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
No, but we gotta admit he was our most talented forward in the past 15 years. I hope Galchenyuk is next.

I think we should hire him just to give our players some lessons on scoring goals with a wrist shot 20f away from the net.

Alexdaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
Now i remember why habaneros was on my ignore list.....

THe freakin panthers dont want him yet will be good enough for us? Delusional...

And for the part abour playing only 4th line minutes and pp well thats gainey/gauthier/martin written all over it... With our new mgt, every line has a defined role, hence our 4th line being mostly big energy guys.... Therrien would eat kovalev alive and would not fit in our team concept, let alone our aggressive style of play!

All this coming from a huge kovy fan back in the day, im just smart enough to realize that hes done
ha....

yes Calgary Flames, and NY Rangers didnt want Prust anymore.
Habs didnt want Saku anymore.
Oilers didnt want Souray any more
Habs didnt want Chelios anymore..
Ryder was in press box(healthy scratch) with Habs.
etc etc etc etc

heck i wanted Habs to get Mike Knuble for 4th line limited role/ in out press box guy, and for leadership,ya a 40 yr old.....
Everyone here said he was done....still to 6 pts in 17 games so far in limited mins.

Last edited by Habaneros: 03-01-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old
03-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50

So beautiful, we probably never have the chance to witness such hair awesomeness again.

Alexdaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:58 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He was no Desharnais.

But do we really need a separate thread about this? I loved the man but he's finished.
That's right, he is no Desharnais.

If he had Desarnais' work ethic, Kovalev would have been the best player in the world. Unfortunately, he had the work ethic of Latendresse and Dagenais.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:01 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
I fully agree...Habs got to really think this over....if any og the nay sayers cant figure it out,just listen to Kovy what i highlight in red...Kovy still got game IMHO.He wants back with Habs,it killed him since he left.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=289008
If the habs brought him in, he would sit on the bench if/until injuries hit hard. You think he will be motivated sitting on the bench? Not his style, maybe he understands at this age, who knows.

I still say no.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
If the habs brought him in, he would sit on the bench if/until injuries hit hard. You think he will be motivated sitting on the bench? Not his style, maybe he understands at this age, who knows.

I still say no.
the HABS are more banged up that what ppl think....just a matter of time now ,the list will grow...book it .

Again , id rather have Kovy there than to call up a AHL guy ....no question id play Kovy over Noky too.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:25 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
the HABS are more banged up that what ppl think....just a matter of time now ,the list will grow...book it .

Again , id rather have Kovy there than to call up a AHL guy ....no question id play Kovy over Noky too.
Thanks God you're nowhere near anyone in anyway associated with anyone who will make any decision whatsoever with personnel decisions on the Habs. Did I stress that enough?

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:35 PM
coolasprICE

Chapter 56,

Kovyluv seen training in Brossard wears only leggings much to the delight of those in attendance. Pictures to be loaded shortly in ''best pictures of the year thread''. Many wet beds in anticipation.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:36 PM
OneSharpMarble

He is the epitome of everything that was wrong with this team, good riddance and never again.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Thanks God you're nowhere near anyone in anyway associated with anyone who will make any decision whatsoever with personnel decisions on the Habs. Did I stress that enough?
lol,. yea...\

did you want Therrien back? Boullion? Ryder? yes or no?be honest....I bet you and near eveyone else didn't...

For the record,I wanted Boullion back before we signed him,AND ON RECORD sayin so ..I also said ON RECORD GALLY 27 makes habs this year,said so right after the draft.....i was called crazy.... so you said what about Gally chances making hABS this year after the draft?

I also said PK would do what Drew Doughty did ....late last year on record sayin that...Subban he did hold out right?

Am i right all the time? no , but thank god im not wrong all the time .

Last edited by Habaneros: 03-01-2013 at 10:50 PM.