HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Trade Rumors 2013 Part II

Continue. Will leave the other one open for a bit in case anyone's posting.

Old
03-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Omni Owl

vCash: 500
How 'bout getting Brassard? I bet he could learn a thing or 2 from Richards? Or whattabout Weiss, though I understand he's been pretty crap this year according to Panther fans.

I know those guys are centers, but I bet they could play LW as well...

Old
03-01-2013, 09:05 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Theres a fair amount of interest in Linden Vey right now. Rumor has the Blue Jackets interested and that DL has taken a few calls about LV's availability.

No idea if anything is or even could happen but there ya go.

Last edited by etherialone: 03-01-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old
03-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Fat Elvis

Wonder what they could get for Vey if dealt? He can't have too much value, but you can't move him for just a mid round pick (like he was,4th) either. From most accounts, vey is a gamer. Tricky asset to move and get assumed value in return. Wonder who from Cbus they'd be looking at?

Old
03-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Scottkmlps

I don't see DL dealing Vey. I think he see's Vey as a replacement for Fraser next year, then Stoll once his current deal is up.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:04 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

I will not be happy if Vey is traded. We are going to need all the skilled players on ELC's we can get here with our cap being pretty tight over the next couple years

Last edited by ScoreZeGoals: 03-01-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old
03-01-2013, 10:14 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Why would DL consider moving Vey when he's not in danger of losing him to waivers and the next best center on the Monarchs is Weal?

Old
03-01-2013, 10:20 PM
gonnaneedsomewine

Don't know what they would want, but if the Wild retained around half of Dany Heatley's cap hit, I would be interested in adding him for the remainder of this season and next year. I can't imagine his trade value is too high.

I know he's not the player he used to be and he was never a great skater to begin with, but he's always been a sniper who has a great shot. Even as he's started to decline, he's still potted around 25 goals a year. He was a 50 goal scorer playing with Spezza and Alfredsson and 39 goal scorer playing with Thornton/Marleau at one point so I'd like to think he'd still have 25-30 goal potential (in an 82 game season) playing with a guy like Kopitar.

Still looking for that sniper on Kopitar's wing. Hope Toffoli is eventually it, but Heatley immediately helps as a goal scorer and probably helps the PP. Would give us a left handed shot on the wing too, something we definitely lack right now with Brown, Williams, Lewis, Carter all being righties and the only potential top 6 lefty being Penner.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:26 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post
Don't know what they would want, but if the Wild retained around half of Dany Heatley's cap hit, I would be interested in adding him for the remainder of this season and next year. I can't imagine his trade value is too high.

I know he's not the player he used to be and he was never a great skater to begin with, but he's always been a sniper who has a great shot. Even as he's started to decline, he's still potted around 25 goals a year. He was a 50 goal scorer playing with Spezza and Alfredsson and 39 goal scorer playing with Thornton/Marleau at one point so I'd like to think he'd still have 25-30 goal potential (in an 82 game season) playing with a guy like Kopitar.

Still looking for that sniper on Kopitar's wing. Hope Toffoli is eventually it, but Heatley immediately helps as a goal scorer and probably helps the PP. Would give us a left handed shot on the wing too, something we definitely lack right now with Brown, Williams, Lewis, Carter all being righties and the only potential top 6 lefty being Penner.
Several problems with this:

1) Heatley isn't so bad that Minny would be forced to eat some of his cap
2) If Heatley were available, we would be outbid very easily if we even wanted him.
3) Minny is going to be real tight against the cap, if they trade Heatley they will want his entire cap hit gone. No way we can do that
4) I hate Dany Heatley

Old
03-01-2013, 10:29 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Theres a fair amount of interest in Linden Vey right now. Rumor has the Blue Jackets interested and that DL has taken a few calls about LV's availability.

Where did you get this rumor?

Kings have no reason to move Vey. It's about as random as moving Paul LaDue.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:01 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Man our top prospects should get a chance to play, I don't want them dealt they should be hands off. I hope vey doesn't get dealt.

Heatley would be nice but no top prospects should be going the other way.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
I'm not a fan of Heatley at all. There's something wrong with the guy, his level of play has deteriorated fast.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:22 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I will not be happy if Vey is traded. We are going to need all the skilled players on ELC's we can get here with our cap being pretty tight over the next couple years
I suppose for the right price almost any player could be dealt but what I had heard is that DL had received interest/calls for Vey, not that he was making any. It happens all the time, teams show interest in player X call and when things line up right a deal is made. The rest of the time which is 99% of it a call is made and then a "well get back to you" happens.

To me this is only a good thing. Having other teams show interest in our kids only means that we have some very good prospects. The fact that Vey's name has come up is surprising somewhat to me because I would expect us to be hearing more about interest in TT or KG/DF even from our prospect pool but it is what it is.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

I think after cranking out so many nice NHLers from Manchester since Lombardi's reign, GMs in the NHL probably like our guys because of the system they come out of/rose up from.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:31 AM
northernKing

With Bollands injury and Tallon's ties to Chicago I think Florida moves Weiss to Chicago for Morin and a 1st or 2nd rd pick

Old
03-02-2013, 12:33 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

Anisimov would be nice

Old
03-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Not much on Cbus I'd be interested enough in to move Vey for. I think he could be part of a package to bring in a legit scoring winger but I don't want to see our prospect pool touched at the moment. I think Vey, Toffoli, and Pearson could be good players for the Kings in the next couple of years.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:50 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Not much on Cbus I'd be interested enough in to move Vey for. I think he could be part of a package to bring in a legit scoring winger but I don't want to see our prospect pool touched at the moment. I think Vey, Toffoli, and Pearson could be good players for the Kings in the next couple of years.
And we're going to need them to be in order to maintain our cap flexibility the next few years.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:03 AM
2-4 Slashin
Tony Granato Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorezegoals View Post
several problems with this:

1) heatley isn't so bad that minny would be forced to eat some of his cap
2) if heatley were available, we would be outbid very easily if we even wanted him.
3) minny is going to be real tight against the cap, if they trade heatley they will want his entire cap hit gone. No way we can do that
4) i hate dany heatley

how can anyone argue with this?

Old
03-02-2013, 11:15 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:

I would love to know ur sources tg but i respect them. I'm not sure what we would get for him but i would hope its a upgrade somewhere.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
And we're going to need them to be in order to maintain our cap flexibility the next few years.
No doubt. Voynov and Amart will be getting raises. At least Penner will be off the books.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
I don't see DL dealing Vey. I think he see's Vey as a replacement for Fraser next year, then Stoll once his current deal is up.
I could see Vey being moved before Tofoli, Pearson or even Kozun.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

From an organizational depth standpoint I'm not sure moving Vey would be the best option. He almost perfectly replaces Stoll when his contract expires. Unless it's part of some larger deal which includes a replacement for Stoll with a higher ceiling than Vey any movement of him would be a head scratcher. It would be particularly baffling considering our minor league system is incredibly depleted on forwards as well. Again, it's not outside the realm of possibility I suppose but it would be...odd.

Old
03-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lewis View Post
From an organizational depth standpoint I'm not sure moving Vey would be the best option. He almost perfectly replaces Stoll when his contract expires. Unless it's part of some larger deal which includes a replacement for Stoll with a higher ceiling than Vey any movement of him would be a head scratcher. It would be particularly baffling considering our minor league system is incredibly depleted on forwards as well. Again, it's not outside the realm of possibility I suppose but it would be...odd.
What about Andreoff? I always figured he would be the best Stoll replacement, like Clifford but a center, etc. Either him or maybe Shore, but Shore isn't really the grinder type, but could be a very skillful third liner.

I've always looked at Vey as sort of a Williams replacement. A second line right winger that is willing to grind it out a little, but more of a skillful playmaker.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
03-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

If the Kings move Vey, I would hope it is part of a package with Bernier to acquire Brett Connolly and Tampa Bay's 1st round selection. Connolly is posting very impressive numbers in the AHL this season and Tampa's 1st could be a top 10 pick.

Closed Thread