HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-01-2013, 06:55 PM
  #1
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,437
vCash: 50
Trade Rumors 2013 Part II

Continue. Will leave the other one open for a bit in case anyone's posting.

Live in the Now is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 08:12 PM
  #2
Omni Owl
Registered User
 
Omni Owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,181
vCash: 500
How 'bout getting Brassard? I bet he could learn a thing or 2 from Richards? Or whattabout Weiss, though I understand he's been pretty crap this year according to Panther fans.

I know those guys are centers, but I bet they could play LW as well...

Omni Owl is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 09:05 PM
  #3
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Theres a fair amount of interest in Linden Vey right now. Rumor has the Blue Jackets interested and that DL has taken a few calls about LV's availability.

No idea if anything is or even could happen but there ya go.


Last edited by etherialone: 03-01-2013 at 11:16 PM.
etherialone is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 09:21 PM
  #4
Fat Elvis
Registered User
 
Fat Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Money Pit
Country: United States
Posts: 5,292
vCash: 500
Wonder what they could get for Vey if dealt? He can't have too much value, but you can't move him for just a mid round pick (like he was,4th) either. From most accounts, vey is a gamer. Tricky asset to move and get assumed value in return. Wonder who from Cbus they'd be looking at?

Fat Elvis is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 09:28 PM
  #5
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,393
vCash: 500
I don't see DL dealing Vey. I think he see's Vey as a replacement for Fraser next year, then Stoll once his current deal is up.

Scottkmlps is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 10:04 PM
  #6
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,247
vCash: 500
I will not be happy if Vey is traded. We are going to need all the skilled players on ELC's we can get here with our cap being pretty tight over the next couple years


Last edited by ScoreZeGoals: 03-01-2013 at 10:22 PM.
ScoreZeGoals is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 10:14 PM
  #7
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 500
Why would DL consider moving Vey when he's not in danger of losing him to waivers and the next best center on the Monarchs is Weal?

King'sPawn is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 10:20 PM
  #8
gonnaneedsomewine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Don't know what they would want, but if the Wild retained around half of Dany Heatley's cap hit, I would be interested in adding him for the remainder of this season and next year. I can't imagine his trade value is too high.

I know he's not the player he used to be and he was never a great skater to begin with, but he's always been a sniper who has a great shot. Even as he's started to decline, he's still potted around 25 goals a year. He was a 50 goal scorer playing with Spezza and Alfredsson and 39 goal scorer playing with Thornton/Marleau at one point so I'd like to think he'd still have 25-30 goal potential (in an 82 game season) playing with a guy like Kopitar.

Still looking for that sniper on Kopitar's wing. Hope Toffoli is eventually it, but Heatley immediately helps as a goal scorer and probably helps the PP. Would give us a left handed shot on the wing too, something we definitely lack right now with Brown, Williams, Lewis, Carter all being righties and the only potential top 6 lefty being Penner.

gonnaneedsomewine is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 10:26 PM
  #9
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post
Don't know what they would want, but if the Wild retained around half of Dany Heatley's cap hit, I would be interested in adding him for the remainder of this season and next year. I can't imagine his trade value is too high.

I know he's not the player he used to be and he was never a great skater to begin with, but he's always been a sniper who has a great shot. Even as he's started to decline, he's still potted around 25 goals a year. He was a 50 goal scorer playing with Spezza and Alfredsson and 39 goal scorer playing with Thornton/Marleau at one point so I'd like to think he'd still have 25-30 goal potential (in an 82 game season) playing with a guy like Kopitar.

Still looking for that sniper on Kopitar's wing. Hope Toffoli is eventually it, but Heatley immediately helps as a goal scorer and probably helps the PP. Would give us a left handed shot on the wing too, something we definitely lack right now with Brown, Williams, Lewis, Carter all being righties and the only potential top 6 lefty being Penner.
Several problems with this:

1) Heatley isn't so bad that Minny would be forced to eat some of his cap
2) If Heatley were available, we would be outbid very easily if we even wanted him.
3) Minny is going to be real tight against the cap, if they trade Heatley they will want his entire cap hit gone. No way we can do that
4) I hate Dany Heatley

ScoreZeGoals is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 10:29 PM
  #10
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!
 
TwoForRoughing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UCLA, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Theres a fair amount of interest in Linden Vey right now. Rumor has the Blue Jackets interested and that DL has taken a few calls about LV's availability.

No idea if anything is or even could happen but there ya go.
Where did you get this rumor?

Kings have no reason to move Vey. It's about as random as moving Paul LaDue.

TwoForRoughing is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 11:01 PM
  #11
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,319
vCash: 500
Man our top prospects should get a chance to play, I don't want them dealt they should be hands off. I hope vey doesn't get dealt.

Heatley would be nice but no top prospects should be going the other way.

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 11:16 PM
  #12
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,437
vCash: 50
I'm not a fan of Heatley at all. There's something wrong with the guy, his level of play has deteriorated fast.

Live in the Now is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 11:22 PM
  #13
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I will not be happy if Vey is traded. We are going to need all the skilled players on ELC's we can get here with our cap being pretty tight over the next couple years
I suppose for the right price almost any player could be dealt but what I had heard is that DL had received interest/calls for Vey, not that he was making any. It happens all the time, teams show interest in player X call and when things line up right a deal is made. The rest of the time which is 99% of it a call is made and then a "well get back to you" happens.

To me this is only a good thing. Having other teams show interest in our kids only means that we have some very good prospects. The fact that Vey's name has come up is surprising somewhat to me because I would expect us to be hearing more about interest in TT or KG/DF even from our prospect pool but it is what it is.

etherialone is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 11:45 PM
  #14
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 6,406
vCash: 500
I think after cranking out so many nice NHLers from Manchester since Lombardi's reign, GMs in the NHL probably like our guys because of the system they come out of/rose up from.

Rorschach is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 12:31 AM
  #15
northernKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
With Bollands injury and Tallon's ties to Chicago I think Florida moves Weiss to Chicago for Morin and a 1st or 2nd rd pick

northernKing is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 12:33 AM
  #16
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Theres a fair amount of interest in Linden Vey right now. Rumor has the Blue Jackets interested and that DL has taken a few calls about LV's availability.

No idea if anything is or even could happen but there ya go.
Anisimov would be nice

kingsfan is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 09:44 AM
  #17
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,166
vCash: 500
Not much on Cbus I'd be interested enough in to move Vey for. I think he could be part of a package to bring in a legit scoring winger but I don't want to see our prospect pool touched at the moment. I think Vey, Toffoli, and Pearson could be good players for the Kings in the next couple of years.

Knight of the Realm is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 09:50 AM
  #18
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 6,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Not much on Cbus I'd be interested enough in to move Vey for. I think he could be part of a package to bring in a legit scoring winger but I don't want to see our prospect pool touched at the moment. I think Vey, Toffoli, and Pearson could be good players for the Kings in the next couple of years.
And we're going to need them to be in order to maintain our cap flexibility the next few years.

Rorschach is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:03 AM
  #19
2-4 Slashin
Tony Granato Fan!
 
2-4 Slashin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: South Pasadena
Country: United States
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorezegoals View Post
several problems with this:

1) heatley isn't so bad that minny would be forced to eat some of his cap
2) if heatley were available, we would be outbid very easily if we even wanted him.
3) minny is going to be real tight against the cap, if they trade heatley they will want his entire cap hit gone. No way we can do that
4) i hate dany heatley

how can anyone argue with this?

2-4 Slashin is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:15 AM
  #20
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Theres a fair amount of interest in Linden Vey right now. Rumor has the Blue Jackets interested and that DL has taken a few calls about LV's availability.

No idea if anything is or even could happen but there ya go.
I would love to know ur sources tg but i respect them. I'm not sure what we would get for him but i would hope its a upgrade somewhere.

KingCanadain1976 is online now  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:37 AM
  #21
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
And we're going to need them to be in order to maintain our cap flexibility the next few years.
No doubt. Voynov and Amart will be getting raises. At least Penner will be off the books.

Knight of the Realm is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:52 AM
  #22
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,743
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
I don't see DL dealing Vey. I think he see's Vey as a replacement for Fraser next year, then Stoll once his current deal is up.
I could see Vey being moved before Tofoli, Pearson or even Kozun.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 12:28 PM
  #23
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,052
vCash: 500
From an organizational depth standpoint I'm not sure moving Vey would be the best option. He almost perfectly replaces Stoll when his contract expires. Unless it's part of some larger deal which includes a replacement for Stoll with a higher ceiling than Vey any movement of him would be a head scratcher. It would be particularly baffling considering our minor league system is incredibly depleted on forwards as well. Again, it's not outside the realm of possibility I suppose but it would be...odd.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 05:15 PM
  #24
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,316
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lewis View Post
From an organizational depth standpoint I'm not sure moving Vey would be the best option. He almost perfectly replaces Stoll when his contract expires. Unless it's part of some larger deal which includes a replacement for Stoll with a higher ceiling than Vey any movement of him would be a head scratcher. It would be particularly baffling considering our minor league system is incredibly depleted on forwards as well. Again, it's not outside the realm of possibility I suppose but it would be...odd.
What about Andreoff? I always figured he would be the best Stoll replacement, like Clifford but a center, etc. Either him or maybe Shore, but Shore isn't really the grinder type, but could be a very skillful third liner.

I've always looked at Vey as sort of a Williams replacement. A second line right winger that is willing to grind it out a little, but more of a skillful playmaker.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 05:33 PM
  #25
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,252
vCash: 500
If the Kings move Vey, I would hope it is part of a package with Bernier to acquire Brett Connolly and Tampa Bay's 1st round selection. Connolly is posting very impressive numbers in the AHL this season and Tampa's 1st could be a top 10 pick.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.