HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part L |All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
One of the best threads in HFBoards history. It has everything you'd want in a thread - drama, high stakes, intrigue, mystery, comedy, schadenfreude... everything.

The Jeff Finger Signs With Toronto 4yr/14m Thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=530678

Old
03-01-2013, 10:50 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post

Awesome!!!

3-3 between Chicago and Jackets

Old
03-01-2013, 10:57 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
What was this Staubitz to Montreal rumor all about?

Any link to that rumour?

Old
03-01-2013, 10:57 PM
davepeak
Too many pools

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
3-3 between Chicago and Jackets
It would be weird for Chicago to lose their first game in regulation against the Jackets...

EDIT: And the Hawks got (at least) one more point!!!

EDIT 2: And Hawks got another W... I'm not a fan, but wow...

Last edited by davepeak: 03-01-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old
03-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Any link to that rumour?
Taken from a thread that lasted 5 min which was started from a TSN comment, apparently somebody was on a flight with Staubitz back to Montreal, he said to watch out for the game against Boston. Looks like a bunch of BS.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:04 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Taken from a thread that lasted 5 min which was started from a TSN comment, apparently somebody was on a flight with Staubitz back to Montreal, he said to watch out for the game against Boston. Looks like a bunch of BS.
Thanks for the clarification!

Old
03-02-2013, 12:03 AM
CanadiensforLife

Quote:
There's a Montrealer playing for the Avalanche, Patrick Bordeleau, this guy is 6 feet 6 inches, 225 lbs UFA next season...Bergevin should try to get this guy, beat most of the heavyweights including Colton Orr.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:04 AM
SB164

Toews

Old
03-02-2013, 12:07 AM
StellerEller
DeadliestSekac

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadiensforLife View Post
There's a Montrealer playing for the Avalanche, Patrick Bordeleau, this guy is 6 feet 6 inches, 225 lbs UFA next season...Bergevin should try to get this guy, beat most of the heavyweights including Colton Orr.
I just found out about the guy I'd love to snag him. Big guy and he backs it up

Old
03-02-2013, 12:08 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadiensforLife View Post
We really need Bordeleau on this team.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:09 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
We really need Bordeleau on this team.
Nothing says "need" like a guy who is barely an AHLer.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:13 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Nothing says "need" like a guy who is barely an AHLer.
I don't share your belief that a team is just the sum of its parts.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:17 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 139
Seriously, what the hell is this obsession with Bordeleau?

1 assist in 19 games? No thanks.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:18 AM
Et le But

Quote:
I don't share your belief that a team is just the sum of its parts.
It's not that simple, but "intangibles" don't make up for forcing your good players to play longer because you are playing a guy who can't give you more than 5 minutes a night. You can't quantify "toughness", you can quantify a guy who has no hockey ability beyond his ability to fight, and that playing such a guy means you will have to double shift players.

As I've said before, if you need a useless heavyweight, Bordeleau makes a lot of sense because he's somewhat young, huge, and from Montreal, but I don't understand how this guy has become some mythological figure around here. He's a 14th forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
This is what I don't understand, even if he's your first choice for such a role, for guys like that you go for the cheapest option available. Bordeleau isn't Prust, he isn't Thornton or even Rupp up until last year.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:22 AM
StellerEller
DeadliestSekac

vCash: 351
Quote:

He wouldn't be there to put the puck in the net. Honestly I'd have as the extra forward and just slot him in when needed. It's not like anyone wants him on the team to provide points.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:24 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
He wouldn't be there to put the puck in the net. Honestly I'd have as the extra forward and just slot him in when needed. It's not like anyone wants him on the team to provide points.
He won't kill you playing 10 games in a regular season, but I just don't get it. He was at the top of some people's free agent wish lists in that other thread.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:26 AM
PyrettaBlaze

You guys always seem to have weirdest obsessions. Last season it was Kyle Clifford and now it's Bordeleau? So weird.

03-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
You guys always seem to have weirdest obsessions. Last season it was Kyle Clifford and now it's Bordeleau? So weird.
J-F Jacques, Artyukhin...every year there`s some plug this board obsesses over

Old
03-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Et le But

At least Kyle Clifford can play a bit of hockey...he plays twice as long a night on average than Bordeleau for a reason.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:34 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
It's not that simple, but "intangibles" don't make up for forcing your good players to play longer because you are playing a guy who can't give you more than 5 minutes a night. You can't quantify "toughness", you can quantify a guy who has no hockey ability beyond his ability to fight, and that playing such a guy means you will have to double shift players.

As I've said before, if you need a useless heavyweight, Bordeleau makes a lot of sense because he's somewhat young, huge, and from Montreal, but I don't understand how this guy has become some mythological figure around here. He's a 14th forward.

This is what I don't understand, even if he's your first choice for such a role, for guys like that you go for the cheapest option available. Bordeleau isn't Prust, he isn't Thornton or even Rupp up until last year.
Nonsense.

Bordeleau can play 5 minutes a game. The typical 4th liner plays ~10, if he plays one game out of two that means the other forwards plays an extra 12 seconds a game on average, you bring up a non issue.

Meanwhile your fetish for qualification is lame. Hockey may be quantifiable, but it is not quantified. You limit yourself when you state you only want to use ideas that somebody else gas proven for you. It is bad policy. And i say this as somebody who makes his living making mathematical models.

Bordeleau is not mythical. People want a heavyweight, they do not care which as long as he is effective. Steve Mcyntyre would be better, though he is not available as there is no chance he would clear waivers.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:37 AM
AllanMTL46
Alexei BOOM Emelin

Bruins' board is just too funny. Looking forward to the Sunday game against "team toughness" . Hope we play a similar kind of game we did in the first matchup and dominate again but this time take the two points.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:45 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Nonsense.

Bordeleau can play 5 minutes a game. The typical 4th liner plays ~10, if he plays one game out of two that means the other forwards plays an extra 12 seconds a game on average, you bring up a non issue.

Meanwhile your fetish for qualification is lame. Hockey may be quantifiable, but it is not quantified. You limit yourself when you state you only want to use ideas that somebody else gas proven for you. It is bad policy. And i say this as somebody who makes his living making mathematical models.

Bordeleau is not mythical. People want a heavyweight, they do not care which as long as he is effective. Steve Mcyntyre would be better, though he is not available as there is no chance he would clear waivers.
doesnt work that way... other forwards play extra time when he'd be on the roster, and no extra time when he wouldnt be.

considering you make a living making math. models, it's quite a surprise you dont get such a simplistic concept.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:47 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Nonsense.

I don't limit myself to statistics. I back up my thoughts with quantifications, because like everyone else here my opinions are only my opinions. And the fact is, Patrick Bordeleau is a plug who is only good for one thing at the NHL level, that's fighting other plugs. Pointing out his time on ice is just a way to show even the Avs don't trust him playing more than a few shifts a game.

The fact is, and you don't need numbers to point this out, our 4th line has been a strength this year. This is a team that lacks high end scoring and relies on wearing the opposition out through depth. Can we afford a few games without Armstrong or Moen? Sure. But those two, for whatever flaws they have, can apply pressure on regular shifts. Bordeleau can't do anything but punch guys smaller than him. We've already discussed ad-naseum that intangibles like "toughness" do exist, but are not clear enough to define as easily as you'd like to make them.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:47 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:

Please check out the stats of our actual 4th liners...

Old
03-02-2013, 12:52 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMTL46 View Post
Bruins' board is just too funny. Looking forward to the Sunday game against "team toughness" . Hope we play a similar kind of game we did in the first matchup and dominate again but this time take the two points.
what's to be worried about? the b's don't dress three goons (like leafs) - they dress one. lucic and mcquaid play regular minutes

prust is playing top 6 minutes. moen might have to step up to thornton. he's done it before

Closed Thread