HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2013, 12:15 PM
  #901
henchman24
If and if...
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I don't think you can judge a player like him based on one game, because he is far from Ellerby, his game style reminds me of Coburn more than Ellerby.

Lucky enough for me each Saskatoon game I watch, he plays a great game.
I agree with the Coburn comparison, I don't think Siemens ends up having the 5g 20a offensive potential. So a poor-man's Coburn is what I end up seeing.

henchman24 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 12:29 PM
  #902
bohlmeister
Amazingly Randy
 
bohlmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 14,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I agree with the Coburn comparison, I don't think Siemens ends up having the 5g 20a offensive potential. So a poor-man's Coburn is what I end up seeing.
He moves the puck good enough to have that potential IMO. Siemens is a much better skater than Coburn.

LOL at everyone cringing at my comparison. Again, I AM NOT SAYING HE IS A TWIN OF ELLERBY. He skates very well, makes a good first pass, and is willing to play quite physical. The thing that separates Ellerby from the rest of the guys mentioned (Seabrook, Jackman, Coburn) is his exceptional skating. Similar to Siemens. And Ellerby was a good junior. Good enough to be drafted 9th overall.

bohlmeister is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 12:36 PM
  #903
henchman24
If and if...
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
He moves the puck good enough to have that potential IMO. Siemens is a much better skater than Coburn.

LOL at everyone cringing at my comparison. Again, I AM NOT SAYING HE IS A TWIN OF ELLERBY. He skates very well, makes a good first pass, and is willing to play quite physical. The thing that separates Ellerby from the rest of the guys mentioned (Seabrook, Jackman, Coburn) is his exceptional skating. Similar to Siemens. And Ellerby was a good junior. Good enough to be drafted 9th overall.
I hope so and I agree. We will get a much better idea of who he will turn into next season in Lake Erie.

henchman24 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 12:50 PM
  #904
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 5,187
vCash: 500
Yeah Siemens is much better skater, but I would say Coburn is much more physical on a consistent basis. Both can throw huge hits like when Siemens absolutely destroyed one kid at the top prospects game a couple years ago (can't find a video of it). If Duncan becomes anything like Coburn has then I think it would be classified as a successful pick.

S E P H is online now  
Old
02-28-2013, 02:48 PM
  #905
SlyAvs
smokin Joe
 
SlyAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
I am more interested on his +32

SlyAvs is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 03:48 PM
  #906
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Yeah Siemens is much better skater, but I would say Coburn is much more physical on a consistent basis. Both can throw huge hits like when Siemens absolutely destroyed one kid at the top prospects game a couple years ago (can't find a video of it). If Duncan becomes anything like Coburn has then I think it would be classified as a successful pick.
Yeah but MAYBE, a lot of Avs fans will finally get their wish and Josh Kroenke will fire EVERYONE except the scouting staff. Then, he'll take applications for the GM position...hey, Don Waddell? That guy has experience.

Then Don Waddell can trade Siemens for today's equivalent of Alexei Zhitnik...so I guess that would be Jaroslav Spacek.

Bender is online now  
Old
02-28-2013, 03:57 PM
  #907
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 13,036
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Yeah but MAYBE, a lot of Avs fans will finally get their wish and Josh Kroenke will fire EVERYONE except the scouting staff. Then, he'll take applications for the GM position...hey, Don Waddell? That guy has experience.

Then Don Waddell can trade Siemens for today's equivalent of Alexei Zhitnik...so I guess that would be Jaroslav Spacek.
Cheer up. Have a cookie.


__________________
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.
Bubba Thudd is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 04:09 PM
  #908
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 5,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Yeah but MAYBE, a lot of Avs fans will finally get their wish and Josh Kroenke will fire EVERYONE except the scouting staff. Then, he'll take applications for the GM position...hey, Don Waddell? That guy has experience.

Then Don Waddell can trade Siemens for today's equivalent of Alexei Zhitnik...so I guess that would be Jaroslav Spacek.


They obvious don't know it could get worst if we fire the whole staff. Front office has made smart decisions for 99% except when it comes to coaching.

S E P H is online now  
Old
02-28-2013, 05:35 PM
  #909
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,077
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Yeah Siemens is much better skater, but I would say Coburn is much more physical on a consistent basis. Both can throw huge hits like when Siemens absolutely destroyed one kid at the top prospects game a couple years ago (can't find a video of it). If Duncan becomes anything like Coburn has then I think it would be classified as a successful pick.
It was Baertschi IIRC.

R S is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 05:37 PM
  #910
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,077
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I agree with the Coburn comparison, I don't think Siemens ends up having the 5g 20a offensive potential. So a poor-man's Coburn is what I end up seeing.
20a potential isn't really that high. I think he has that easily.

R S is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 10:55 AM
  #911
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 5,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
It was Baertschi IIRC.
Oh yeah it was Bartschi! I remember I was pissed at Siemens (and liked Musil as a 2nd rounder for fighting him), because I really wanted Bartschi in an Avs jersey and thought if he got injured he would fall.

S E P H is online now  
Old
03-01-2013, 01:31 PM
  #912
ThunderBird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 104
vCash: 500
I can't wait for Seimens because I hate watching Power forwards run over our goalie and our defenseman help them up. I want a guy that will beat the tar out of those boys on the spot.

ThunderBird is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 12:55 AM
  #913
skip2mybordeleau
We're not that good!
 
skip2mybordeleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,799
vCash: 104
i don't follow the ohl much at all, but it seems heard and meurs are linemates and have been putting up points at a decent pace, i wonder if this has management decide to sign meurs to an elc in the off-season.

skip2mybordeleau is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 09:53 AM
  #914
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Cheer up. Have a cookie.

Yum-yum-yum it's delicious!

Bender is online now  
Old
03-02-2013, 10:49 AM
  #915
iceberg
Registered User
 
iceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Brazil
Posts: 682
vCash: 500
I agree... the Kroenkes couldn't care less about the Avs and the on ice product. So changing the FO could be worse.

Better keep the mediocrity we have right now.

iceberg is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 10:51 AM
  #916
cgf
Registered User
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,554
vCash: 500
If Sherman were just mediocre we'd be the oilers, flames or Bluejackets. Sherman's a good GM. Our Coach is god awful, but I'm not sure that's Sherm the Werm's fault.

cgf is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:11 AM
  #917
Nihiliste
Registered User
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
If Sherman were just mediocre we'd be the oilers, flames or Bluejackets. Sherman's a good GM. Our Coach is god awful, but I'm not sure that's Sherm the Werm's fault.

12 - Edmonton
13 - Colorado
14 - Calgary
15 - Columbus

Nihiliste is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:26 AM
  #918
iceberg
Registered User
 
iceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Brazil
Posts: 682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
12 - Edmonton
13 - Colorado
14 - Calgary
15 - Columbus
Exactly....

iceberg is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 12:01 PM
  #919
cgf
Registered User
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
12 - Edmonton
13 - Colorado
14 - Calgary
15 - Columbus
Which is pretty damn amazing since we've been missing 3 of our best players for most of the season and have Sacco behind the bench. Take RNH, Hall and Schultz off of Edmonton for the amount of time we've missed ROR, Landy and EJ, and they'd have already locked up another 1st overall pick.

cgf is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 12:03 PM
  #920
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,077
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip2mybordeleau View Post
i don't follow the ohl much at all, but it seems heard and meurs are linemates and have been putting up points at a decent pace, i wonder if this has management decide to sign meurs to an elc in the off-season.
They will need to sign him before June 1st if they want to retain him.

R S is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 03:35 PM
  #921
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 13,036
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
I agree... the Kroenkes couldn't care less about the Avs and the on ice product. So changing the FO could be worse.

Better keep the mediocrity we have right now.
I really don't get this line of thinking. I would think having a FO that cares about the on-ice product has to be better than one that doesn't.

To stick with mediocrity because you're afraid a change would be worse is silly, IMO.

Bubba Thudd is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 04:07 PM
  #922
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 5,187
vCash: 500
Michael Clarke has been such a disappointment so far in Peterborough. Blandisi on the other hand could be a steal, already PPG player getting ice time, and leading a very young club.

S E P H is online now  
Old
03-02-2013, 04:24 PM
  #923
Freudian
Deja vu again?
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 31,491
vCash: 0
Plymoth seems pretty stacked up front now they have Heard and Rakell back. Trocheck is looking like a great third round pick by Florida.

Freudian is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 05:35 PM
  #924
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 4,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Michael Clarke has been such a disappointment so far in Peterborough. Blandisi on the other hand could be a steal, already PPG player getting ice time, and leading a very young club.
Absolutely hated the Clarke and Heard picks in our last draft. Clarke just looked crappy from the beginning and Heard was drafted way too high.

Clarke will be one that never sees an ELC.

Blandisi will have an opportunity as he does have some skill, he was just on a stacked Owen Sound team and didn't get many opportunities now that he is getting time in Ottawa he seems to be showing glimpses of being a solid offensive player.

chet1926 is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:07 PM
  #925
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 5,187
vCash: 500
I haven't watched Clarke much this season, but was able to see him a lot the last two and I think he has some really good potential, picture a less talented version of Downie. But his consistency is just crazy and I don't think he has gotten a point in his last 4-6 games.

S E P H is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.