HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto and St. Louis Talking Trade? Kulemin Involved?

Old
03-02-2013, 01:03 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Considering we are looking for the same things, I'm not getting the potential deal here.

Blues won't trade Berglund and I'm guessing Leafs aren't trading Phaneuf or Grabo
I'd be very open to moving Grabo if I was in charge. Any guesses at what the Blues would offer?

JMcLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:07 AM
Sterling31
YNWA

vCash: 50
Luckily we are dealing with the GM and not the fans.

Didn't wanna read past page 1 when i saw that Dion or Gardiner need to be involved for undersized guy who hasn't even put up solid numbers in the A let alone the NHL.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Center Ice Scrum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
I'd be very open to moving Grabo if I was in charge. Any guesses at what the Blues would offer?
Blues can't afford Grabo. They're working on an internal cap. Grabo hasn't reached HOBO level yet. He's still a pretty effective defensive center who can snipe once in a while. Not worth 5.5 but if he was getting 4 mil or even 4.5, no one would complain.

Center Ice Scrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:15 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
I don't think he realizes Grabo's contract it just doesn't fit with the Blues. 6 million real dollars the next 2 season is a big no for the Blues then 5 million then 4.5 million.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:19 AM
tacoburrito

Quote:
Considering we are looking for the same things, I'm not getting the potential deal here.

Blues won't trade Berglund and I'm guessing Leafs aren't trading Phaneuf or Grabo
grabo is someone who might be available.. depends on if we can resign bozak i guess

tacoburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:20 AM
garce

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLblue75 View Post
As a Leafs fan, I would hope Nonis is open to trading Grabo.
Also being a Leaf fan I would hope that Nonis is open to trading Grabo AND Phaneuf if the price is right. Both were steals and also tradeable.

garce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:25 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

I think Nonis wants Stewart

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:37 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by garce View Post
Also being a Leaf fan I would hope that Nonis is open to trading Grabo AND Phaneuf if the price is right. Both were steals and also tradeable.
Phaneuf logs HUGE minutes who fills that void?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:41 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

The majority of Toronto fan offers in this thread are so terrible I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
This is why I don't understand this rumor. What is Toronto willing to give that improves St Louis at the expense of Schwartz..

I can't think of one player.
That's because this is pure Andy Strickland BS. He heard Dreger say the two teams were talking. Dreger then personally speculated some names that could be involved, but the report wasn't that this was the offer.

Captain Illiteracy then bases an entire blog post citing "sources in Toronto" and turning the "rumored deal" into two names Dreger offnandedly speculated. You have to understand how poor a journalist and writer Andy Strickland is. He's a world class hack who would spell class: clas's ... this whole thing is absurd. I'm sure the two clubs were talking about something which we'll probably never discover but it's not something based around Kulemin and Schwartz because that is a purely silly idea.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:50 AM
Sterling31
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
The majority of Toronto fan offers in this thread are so terrible I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
I couldn't even get through 2-3 posts without a Blues fan overvaluing everything they own.

Didn't look at many Leaf proposals; but it seems like every time the blues are involved they want the moon and down on everything on any other team.

Like I said. Lucky the GMs are the ones doing the dealing. Both fanbases are probably just as far off base.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:55 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:

With the emergence of Kadri and the meh play from Grabovski(and his contract) I'm positive Nonis would move Grabovski if the right deal came along. Even though the team is thin at center as is, getting rid of Grabo's contract would surely benefit this team in the long run. Nonis would probably love a guy like Stewart. I doubt the Blues would take Grabo though, he's not an upgrade but he would provide nice depth. Kulemin is definitely the target though, he'd look great in St.Louis, Hitchcock would love em'.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 02:02 AM
stlblues9

vCash: 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
I couldn't even get through 2-3 posts without a Blues fan overvaluing everything they own.

Didn't look at many Leaf proposals; but it seems like every time the blues are involved they want the moon and down on everything on any other team.

Like I said. Lucky the GMs are the ones doing the dealing. Both fanbases are probably just as far off base.
It seems like the Leafs overvalue everything they own. Heres the thing though, last year St. Louis was second in the west and are now 4th in the west. Toronto hasn't made the playoffs since before the last lockout. One team has better players than the other.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 02:07 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post

That's because this is pure Andy Strickland BS. He heard Dreger say the two teams were talking. Dreger then personally speculated some names that could be involved, but the report wasn't that this was the offer.

Captain Illiteracy then bases an entire blog post citing "sources in Toronto" and turning the "rumored deal" into two names Dreger offnandedly speculated. You have to understand how poor a journalist and writer Andy Strickland is. He's a world class hack who would spell class: clas's ... this whole thing is absurd. I'm sure the two clubs were talking about something which we'll probably never discover but it's not something based around Kulemin and Schwartz because that is a purely silly idea.
This rumor is as bad as the Shattenkirk/Breire rumor.

Last edited by bluemandan: 03-02-2013 at 02:07 AM. Reason: clarity
bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 02:08 AM
Sterling31
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
It seems like the Leafs overvalue everything they own. Heres the thing though, last year St. Louis was second in the west and are now 4th in the west. Toronto hasn't made the playoffs since before the last lockout. One team has better players than the other.

Your team made the playoffs. We are talking player value. So if the Leafs made it this year and next......with similar finishes.....and Edmonton missed again. Would that mean Hall/RNH/Eberle/Shultz is less than Grabo/Kulemin/MacArthur/Franson?

I need some of this playoff medicine, to make my players strong!

you win. I'm done here.

Old
03-02-2013, 02:09 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
This is your logic? really?

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 02:12 AM
Jerkini

Quote:
One team currently has more points this season than the other. I could play this ridiculous logic game too.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 02:20 AM
underslept
well-informed

Quote:
Fans (of any team) are not guaranteed to be knowledgeable. Maybe try reading the whole thread and you'd find some reliable information. It is an internet forum after all.

Quote:
This happens with every team's fanbases.

Quote:
I think we are all thankful for this.

underslept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:34 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Another Trade Rumor between Toronto & St. Louis?

all I needed to see was it was posted by Andy Strickland

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:58 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
This is your logic? really?
Not allowed ?

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:18 AM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
Another Trade Rumor between Toronto & St. Louis?

all I needed to see was it was posted by Andy Strickland
blues are asking about liles ...likley evreryone is asking about kessel ....kulemin can play in any system ....just he got bit more money than u like ...

hullsy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Hawaiinleaf

Liles for 1st...

Hawaiinleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Liferleafer
Blow it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
Liles for 1st...
And....done.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:56 AM
WWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by edruga View Post
Kulemin + Gunnarsson for Stewart
This is exactly what I think the Leafs would be interested in. Stewart would fit in perfectly with what the Leafs are trying to do. Stewart is big, physical, 25 years old and a local guy. Very much a Carlyle type of player!!! Perfect fit for the Leafs.

WWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:58 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWB View Post
This is exactly what I think the Leafs would be interested in. Stewart would fit in perfectly with what the Leafs are trying to do. Stewart is big, physical, 25 years old and a local guy. Very much a Carlyle type of player!!! Perfect fit for the Leafs.
Maybe Nonis can find a way for them to take MacArthur too

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Sterling31
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Not allowed ?
Is your rookie card fake or damaged. Because I can assure you mine isn't.