HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade Proposal: Colorado/Florida

Old
07-19-2006, 09:52 PM
avs_19*

vCash: 500
Trade Proposal: Colorado/Florida

To Florida: Marek Svatos, Patrice Brisebois, and 2007 2nd Round Pick (From Cal)

To Colorado: Anthony Stewart and Mike Van Ryn

avs_19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Remax

No, Van Ryn is too good to let go for someone like Brisebois. Svatos and 2nd for Stewart would be close, but I think a 5th or something from FLA would make it closer. So drop the dmen and I'd sa it would be good.

Remax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 10:15 PM
ShippinItDaily

Send a message via MSN to ShippinItDaily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remax View Post
No, Van Ryn is too good to let go for someone like Brisebois. Svatos and 2nd for Stewart would be close, but I think a 5th or something from FLA would make it closer. So drop the dmen and I'd sa it would be good.
Svatos for Stewart is much more than fair but I agree that Brisebois is nowhere as valuable nor as good as Van Ryn.

Florida seems to have good depth up front with younger players like Jokinen, Horton, Stewart and Olesz. No need to take a downgrade at a position where you need more help.

ShippinItDaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 10:19 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
I think Svatos is worth more than Stewart by himself EASILY (Florida would throw in a second or first), but that could just be me. I mean when did Anthony Stewart score 30 goals?

As for Van Ryn leaving Florida -- probably not because he is one of their best defenseman and losing him would severely weaken that group.

But yeah I'm a big Svatos fan...

I'd love to get him on the Rangers. Imagine a line with both Prucha and Svatos on it? Hah... sweet.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 10:23 PM
avs_19*

Well the way I broke it down when I made the proposal was like this:

Anthony Stewart for Marek Svatos:
Stewart is a power forward who is still a prospect and Svatos is a small but fast sniper who is a 30 goal scorer in the NHL. Although Stewart is is going to be a good player in the future he is expendable because they got Bertuzzi. And they will be bringing in a guy who is already a solid NHL player.

Patrice Brisebois and 2nd Round Pick for Mike Van Ryn:
Well we want to get rid of Brisebois and his salary plus we are giving up a 2nd rounder for Mike Van Ryn, who can be replaced by Bryan Allen in the Panthers line-up. And the Panthers will get although a somewhat liability on D a good offensive D-Man while Avs get a good young D-Man.

Old
07-19-2006, 11:07 PM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs_19 View Post

Stewart is a power forward who is still a prospect and Svatos is a small but fast sniper who is a 30 goal scorer in the NHL. Although Stewart is is going to be a good player in the future he is expendable because they got Bertuzzi. And they will be bringing in a guy who is already a solid NHL player.

Well we want to get rid of Brisebois and his salary plus we are giving up a 2nd rounder for Mike Van Ryn, who can be replaced by Bryan Allen in the Panthers line-up. And the Panthers will get although a somewhat liability on D a good offensive D-Man while Avs get a good young D-Man.
take out the second part and i'd do it....

No interest in moving Van Ryn unless a d man of similar abilities is involved...and that definatley is not Brisebois.

PantherBlood6* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 11:42 PM
expensivedirt

Florida takes this and runs

expensivedirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 11:49 PM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

No thanks, Svatos has the skills but the injury problems are too much of a risk. Have to worry about Horton's shoulder don't need to worry about Svatos's too.

mikefavata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 12:22 AM
PanthersRule96

Alright, I'm as big a panther fan as any but Svatos definitely has more value than Stewart just based on how he scored this season. Of all the types of players we have, Svatos is the most lacking, a superskilled, offensive player. Frolik is the closest we have to that which is still at least 3-4 years off if anything. Talk about injury concerns? Both have had them, not just Svatos. More proven? Svatos. Both can be great hockey players but to say Stewart for Svatos and a 2nd, that's definitely overpayment by Colorado.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 12:41 AM
avs_19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule View Post
Alright, I'm as big a panther fan as any but Svatos definitely has more value than Stewart just based on how he scored this season. Of all the types of players we have, Svatos is the most lacking, a superskilled, offensive player. Frolik is the closest we have to that which is still at least 3-4 years off if anything. Talk about injury concerns? Both have had them, not just Svatos. More proven? Svatos. Both can be great hockey players but to say Stewart for Svatos and a 2nd, that's definitely overpayment by Colorado.
Ummm thats not the deal, no way we give up a 2nd and Svatos for Stewart.

The deal is:

To Colorado: Stewart and Van Ryn/Allen

To Florida: Svatos, Brisebois and 2nd Rounder

Old
07-20-2006, 04:49 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
To Florida: Marek Svatos, Patrice Brisebois, and 2007 2nd Round Pick (From Cal)

To Colorado: Anthony Stewart and Mike Van Ryn
Despite the other opinions I've read, I do this if I'm Florida. Not only that... I do this WITHOUT the 2nd rounder too.

Van Ryn and Brisebois look like they are both UFA's in a year anyways. The principle of the deal would really be Svatos for Stewart... and I've already made my opinion clear on "Taylor Pyatt II" --> If Florida can dump him while somebody still thinks he's a high end property, do it!!!!! I don't think he'll be much of an offensive player in the NHL and he'll never put up season like Svatos' rookie season. So provided Svatos arm doesn't fall off at the shoulder, Florida is winning this deal by a landslide starting a year from now.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 06:07 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:

The reason why Stewart is expendable is Horton, not big bert .

I wouldn't do this trade, mainly because of Van Ryn. He would be expendable for the right price, as most players are but this isn't the right price. Svatos > Stewart clearly. I can see why the Avs would want the more skilled brother haha.
Basically, we are trading Van Ryn and Stewart for Svatos and Brisebois is a throw in. Van Ryn >> Brisebois.
Also with Svatos it overcrowds us at offense. I'd love to have Marek, but we'd have to send a roster forward the other way (Stewart will start in the AHL).

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 08:51 AM
AvsGuy

I like the deal, but that's basically because it's Svatos for Stewart and Van Ryn. We give Florida the 2nd round pick so that they will take Brisebois off our hands.

AvsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 12:03 PM
avs_19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy View Post
I like the deal, but that's basically because it's Svatos for Stewart and Van Ryn. We give Florida the 2nd round pick so that they will take Brisebois off our hands.
lmao Damn Right!

Old
07-20-2006, 12:16 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy View Post
Yeah I was going to say you can keep Brisebois - he is awful. Thank god I moved out of Denver and only had to watch him play for the Avs a couple times last season.

I would do Svatos for Stewart in a heartbeat though, even if we had to add a little more. I'd rather not part with Van Ryn, but Markov is still available and would even be an upgrade IMO.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote