HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ben Eager to the Habs

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Ben Eager to the Habs

It's becoming quite obvious that some teams like the Leafs are targeting Prust in an attempt to remove the Habs' toughness. He needs help in that department.

What would the Oilers want from the Habs for Eager?

Old
03-01-2013, 11:44 PM
jayball75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
It's becoming quite obvious that some teams like the Leafs are targeting Prust in an attempt to remove the Habs' toughness. He needs help in that department.

What would the Oilers want from the Habs for Eager?
I like the idea of an Eager type player but it should be a Dman that's nasty to play against. Come playoff time teams won't be taking it easy on georges,Diaz & markov. Maybe two big tough Dmen is more like it.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:47 PM
Joey Moss
Proud to select...

vCash: 226
I don't think we would give him up during the season unless we picked up a Volpatti/Sestito type. You can have him in the off-season though. A pick would get it done.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:13 AM
ProstheticConscience
I see an eagle

vCash: 883
If you like the Habs, for the love of god keep Eager away from them.

*edit* On the other hand, no deal possible. Keep Eager on the Oilers. If he's to be moved, send him to the Flames. Or Leafs.

Last edited by ProstheticConscience: 03-02-2013 at 01:38 AM.
Old
03-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

6th rounder

Old
03-02-2013, 12:25 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Eager and ducks 2nd for Eller

Old
03-02-2013, 01:13 AM
Joey Moss
Proud to select...

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Eager and ducks 2nd for Eller
Montreal wouldn't do this and Eller is too soft for my liking. We need to get grittier.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:24 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Montreal wouldn't do this and Eller is too soft for my liking. We need to get grittier.
Eller is not that soft and good faceoff guy and only 23 ,but you're right Habs might not like it.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:25 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Is this a joke thread. Eager is a complete moron and a liability.

Old
03-02-2013, 04:11 AM
Burnt Biscuits

As you can see from this thread Canucks fan absolutely hate this guy, he took a pretty good and very dirty run at one of the Sedins a few years ago. I have two co-workers at work who are Canucks fans and they can't even say his name without foaming at the mouth.

Now on Ben Eager the player for a physical guy he is a surprisingly quick skater, very quick on the forecheck and is great at finishing his hits. Eager has the knock of taking stupid penalties, I can recall maybe 1 or 2 minors this year he shouldn't of taken but has been very responsible with Krueger as our coach. He's been good for us all year and has given a consistent effort and is honestly a player we need more of not less of in Edmonton. All that said bottom line is he is a 4th liner, has played some 3rd line for us, but really belongs on the 4th line on any decent team; he is available, but we are not looking to move him.

At this point being that we don't really want to move him the usual douchey thing to say is it would take an over-pay and start asking for players that really shouldn't be anywhere in the conversation for a player like Eager such as Lars Eller. For right now we still have some glimmer of playoff hope so, I'd say hold off if closer to the deadline the Oilers look out of it, it would cost a mid-round pick or a mediocre prospect who projects to fill a similair role with maybe a little more offensive upside.

Fair warning Eager has had some recent concussion issue from his fight with Kassian he has came back and looked totally fine, but I wouldn't use him as your goto fighter for the next little while; if the situation calls for it he can step up, he's not the kind of guy to backdown but should probably be fighting middle of the pack fighters only for the next little bit. If you want to have him have a go with Colton Orr I'm not sure I like his chances.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Roof Daddy

Good post by BB. Hilarious that 2 Canuck fans wander in this thread to **** on Eager. I still remember when he was with San Jose and scored a goal while bowling over Luongo, then trash talked Luongo while standing over top of him. They definitely hate him in VAN.

As for wheeling him, he is a tough guy/agitator that can play, and has respectable numbers in his time here considering role and ice-time (9 goals and 15 points in 74 games as an Oiler). We need team toughness just as badly, and he wouldn't be traded unless it were at the deadline and we're clearly out of it. If that we're the case I'd do this:

To MTL: Eager

To EDM: Thrower

Old
03-02-2013, 09:00 AM
bud12

no, the habs have enough middle/lightheavy in Prust, Moen, White and even Bouillon. We need someone that can take the big boys and Eager can't. And he stopped to fight to.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Beendair Donedat

Thrower buys a lot more than Eager. A lot more. Eager isn't that good of a fighter, and doesn't help the Habs enough to pull the trigger.

Eager isn't worth a bluechip prospect.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Good post by BB. Hilarious that 2 Canuck fans wander in this thread to **** on Eager. I still remember when he was with San Jose and scored a goal while bowling over Luongo, then trash talked Luongo while standing over top of him. They definitely hate him in VAN.

As for wheeling him, he is a tough guy/agitator that can play, and has respectable numbers in his time here considering role and ice-time (9 goals and 15 points in 74 games as an Oiler). We need team toughness just as badly, and he wouldn't be traded unless it were at the deadline and we're clearly out of it. If that we're the case I'd do this:

To MTL: Eager

To EDM: Thrower
Are you serious with that trade offer? Eager is a 4th liner, you really think he can a prospect that we picked in the 2nd round last year?

Old
03-02-2013, 09:15 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

he and Colby will be excellent team-mates

Old
03-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Drydenwasthebest

We do not need Eager, we need Stoner from Minnesota. I almost threw up at seeing Eller and then Thrower as pieces involved in a trade centered on Eager. Wow, talk about overpayment!

Old
03-02-2013, 09:30 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
We do not need Eager, we need Stoner from Minnesota. I almost threw up at seeing Eller and then Thrower as pieces involved in a trade centered on Eager. Wow, talk about overpayment!
We are talking about the Oilers here. Not a surprised at all.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:38 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Thrower buys a lot more than Eager. A lot more. Eager isn't that good of a fighter, and doesn't help the Habs enough to pull the trigger.

Eager isn't worth a bluechip prospect.
Eager actually doesn't really fight anymore, too many concussions. He's still a good energy guy though, and he doesn't seem to take as many dumb penalties as he used to. He is a very good bottom six winger when he's on his game, crashing and banging and getting under everyone's skin. I don't want the Oil to move him at all actually.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:39 AM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
We are talking about the Oilers here. Not a surprised at all.
every fan base INCLUDING the HABS fans do the same thing

Old
03-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Eager actually doesn't really fight anymore, too many concussions. He's still a good energy guy though, and he doesn't seem to take as many dumb penalties as he used to. He is a very good bottom six winger when he's on his game, crashing and banging and getting under everyone's skin. I don't want the Oil to move him at all actually.
If he can't fight, then why would Montreal want him? we already have great energy guys (Moen, Prust, White).

Old
03-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

On topic, of course there is no way that names like Eller or Thrower should be mentioned in this thread unless the return is much more than Eager.

I also don't like the fact that he stopped fighting (or so it seems) as that would be one of the main reasons to acquire him if you're the Habs.

Perhaps make the deal a bit bigger, while staying away from the traditional blockbuster? What's the scoop with Theo Peckham these days? Injured?

Peckham and Eager might bring more to the Oilers...

Old
03-02-2013, 10:17 AM
otto bond

I'd do Moen for Eager

Old
03-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I'd do Moen for Eager
I was suggesting that on Twitter yesterday and I had mix responses. Not sure I'd do it one of one though... Moen is a much, much better hockey player.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:11 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
On topic, of course there is no way that names like Eller or Thrower should be mentioned in this thread unless the return is much more than Eager.

I also don't like the fact that he stopped fighting (or so it seems) as that would be one of the main reasons to acquire him if you're the Habs.

Perhaps make the deal a bit bigger, while staying away from the traditional blockbuster? What's the scoop with Theo Peckham these days? Injured?

Peckham and Eager might bring more to the Oilers...
Peckham is barely Ahl level now. We definitly need someone but Eager and Peckham aren't the answer. A guy like Rosehill could be a option as the 13th fowards.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:54 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Right now Eager isn't going anywhere, unless a team wants to give the Oilers something they need. I cannot see anything the Hab's would be willing to trade the Oilers would want.

At the TDL I can see Eager being traded for around a 3rd, no less.

Closed Thread