HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Your team's best offer for Corey Perry

Old
03-01-2013, 09:19 PM
matt1396

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalkinX View Post
The only way the Pens trade for Perry is if they are looking short term to win a cup this season only. The cost at acquiring him now as a rental for a high pick and prospect and roster player is actually going to be cheaper for them then actually trying to sign him long term in free agency depending on what he's going to demand. If they did sign him in FA then it more than likely would be at the expense of trying to resign Letang.

As a Pens fan I'd love Perry on Crosbys wing. They'd wreak havoc...but at the expense of gutting the roster and losing an important piece like Tanger, no thanks.

I'd rather sit tight and have Shero pull of a trade for a young winger similar to the Neal trade.
I wouldn't say that, what I would do as Ray Shero is if Perry were to be acquired and resigned by the Pens, I would then buy out Martin this offseason or next offseason. Being a pens fan I know how good Martin has been this season, but I don't think he is worth $5M a season and i'd take Perry AND Letang over Perry and Martin in a heartbeat. All this of course depends on if Perry were acquired and resigned or signed on July 1st or whenever UFA day is this year.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:26 PM
HookKing

Perry won't be traded unless the wheels fall off the Ducks before the deadline. There is too much risk of destroying team chemistry and the goal is to win a cup. Furthermore, the last thing Murray would want is Perry getting distracted with contract negotiations with other teams for a long term contract.

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Sutter16

For as great as Perry is, I'm not trading Kris Letang for him.I'd rather trade Martin in the offseason and let TK walk. There is 7 million in cap space. Re-sign Malkin for 8.7,Letang for 6.5 and Perry for 6.5. One can dream .... I'd rather bring in Setoguchi or Kulemin.Not that they are better then Perry by any means, but much cheaper.

Sutter16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:04 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
Horton, 1st & Boychuk seems to be a good deal.

The Real Deal Neal deal would never happen, but one can dream.

Philly probably dislikes this proposal but Coutourier & 1st or Schenn, 1st, Laughton would get it done (pending a resigning of Perry).
Wow, no way either deal happens. (not sayin Couturier,1st is overpayment) And how come Laughton needs to be added to the Schenn deal? (that's prob a bit overpay) Couturier or Schenn wouldn't go for Weber, they're not going for anyone else.

How's about Briere, Laughton, 1st?

Before you laugh at Briere, he has a high cap hit but low salary, 3m then 2m. I could be wrong but wouldn't that be a contract Anaheim would like? (Plus we need his cap space )

I'm pretty sure they have their crosshairs set on Bobby anyway, so they probably wont be invovolved for Perry.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Lundsanity30

As a Rangers fan, I would offer quite a lot.. what are ur needs? Not much apparently lol

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:01 AM
Corban

I do think he will be traded before the deadline, just to much to lose for the Ducks to just let him walk. And yes I understand the, "well what about the cup run," and "the team is solid no need to mess that up." When you start to balance all of that, I still think it would be wise to make the trade.

When/if that does happen I can't see them trading him to another Western conference team, so he is probably going to the East. And here we go again with the MTL fans..."oh man the Canadians were his favorite team growing up"... never herd that one before. See I can play as well, Mario and Gretz were his favorite players as a kid, so he is defiantly going to come to Pittsburgh! Book it!

This type of player is exactly what Shero has been trying to acquire for Crosby for years now, and I think he will do all he can to get him to Pittsburgh. When Shero was not able to get Zach this past offseason, he knew this Perry situation was a possibility, and he surely has/had a plan in place on how to make this work out, either through a trade or as a UFA. But I do think he would try the trade route very hard (ie. Hossa). I think we have the assets and will try to get this done. I would love him on the Pens, make it happen Ray.

Corban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:02 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Too bad the Pens aren't trading Neal who just signed a 6yr-30mil deal last year.

What would Ducks fans want from the Pens? Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Neal, Fleury, Morrow, Pouliot, and Bennett are off limits.
so you want Perry for table scraps. good luck

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:15 AM
Corban

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
I would only have Crosby, Malkin, Neal, and MAF on that no trade list. That is for Perry thou, that no trade list does not extend for just about any other trade.

So Pouliot, Morrow, Bennett and Letang would be available.

But this is where I have to have faith in Shero, he knows or suspects on how our younger dmen should pan out, then he can make either Morrow, Despres, Pouliot, Letang, Bort, Maatta, Harrington, Dumoulin available or not available. Either way he has pieces that are attractive.

And again he (Perry) is a UFA so it will take some value away from the Ducks asking price, ideally a sign and trade is worked out, then the Ducks can maximize their asking price along with the Penguins getting the security.

Last edited by Corban: 03-02-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old
03-02-2013, 12:19 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
If ANA is losing all those goals from Perry, wouldn't they want some kind of offense in return?

Old
03-02-2013, 12:19 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Well fortunately for Anaheim, Don Waddell is not running our team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
If ANA is losing all those goals from Perry, wouldn't they want some kind of offense in return?
As long as we have the 2nd best record in the league, he is not going to be traded...

Old
03-02-2013, 12:21 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:

As long as we have the 2nd best record in the league, he is not going to be traded...
well this too obviously.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:24 AM
Corban

Quote:

Even if he will not resign after the season? How are you so sure that he will not be traded? Just because of the record?

Old
03-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban View Post
Even if he will not resign after the season? How are you so sure that he will not be traded? Just because of the record?

I think any team would keep their superstar and risk losing him for a draft pick if they had a legit shot at a cup.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:33 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think some of us are split on that.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:44 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
In a market as fickle as ours, it will not look good to trade the only MVP in franchise history when you have the 2nd best record in the league(should it stay close to that way) plus, Getzlaf and Perry are playing so good together right now you would massively damage the chances of a long playoff run

Old
03-02-2013, 12:46 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357

Eller
Prospect (Don't know if Anaheim wants a forward or defense here. We'd prefer to deal the later)
1st 2013
2nd (Anaheim's choice)

I also would include Moen in the deal, perhaps instead of the second if Anaheim wants to add some depth. He has become completely redundant with how well Prust is playing and White's a good enough call up.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:49 AM
Man Bear Pig

Colborne+MacArthur+Kulemin.

Players that can help this year and in the future.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:53 AM
Corban

Quote:
In a market as fickle as ours, it will not look good to trade the only MVP in franchise history when you have the 2nd best record in the league(should it stay close to that way) plus, Getzlaf and Perry are playing so good together right now you would massively damage the chances of a long playoff run
So how does it play there in the off season when he walks away, no stanley cup and the Ducks are left with nothing but fond memories?

Look I get what you are saying, and understand the market there and the ability to grab headlines/attention. But the Ducks do have the ability now to control the situation, and make sure not to get left high and dry. But if they do deem it as more important to keep him around in the face of getting NOTHING when the season is over, then good for them. But as a pure betterment of the franchise move, I think it is prudent for the management to maintain the talent and make sure they obtain assets that benefit them for today and the future, that means trade Perry.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:53 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
IF Perry makes it to UFA status, the money's in the NorthEast...Habs, Leafs, or Bruins...Habs and Leafs both have cap space to burn and the Bruins would replace Horton (UFA) with Perry in a millisecond, if given the chance...plus he's close to home...win-win.
Ehem Ottawa has tons of cap plus a pass happy first line center for him to play with not to mention ek

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:00 AM
Corban

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Ehem Ottawa has tons of cap plus a pass happy first line center for him to play with not to mention ek
Supreme centerman/dman!

For the life of me I can not think of another team that might have anything close to those assets..

Old
03-02-2013, 01:04 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Supreme centerman/dman!

For the life of me I can not think of another team that might have anything close to those assets..

He said he wants to return home, so out of Toronto and Ottawa what do you think is the best fit

Old
03-02-2013, 01:07 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post

Eller
Prospect (Don't know if Anaheim wants a forward or defense here. We'd prefer to deal the later)
1st 2013
2nd (Anaheim's choice)

I also would include Moen in the deal, perhaps instead of the second if Anaheim wants to add some depth. He has become completely redundant with how well Prust is playing and White's a good enough call up.
Desharnais
Leblanc
1st 2013
Moen
Anaheim's 2nd

for

Perry (signed)

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:12 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
So how does it play there in the off season when he walks away, no stanley cup and the Ducks are left with nothing but fond memories?

Look I get what you are saying, and understand the market there and the ability to grab headlines/attention. But the Ducks do have the ability now to control the situation, and make sure not to get left high and dry. But if they do deem it as more important to keep him around in the face of getting NOTHING when the season is over, then good for them. But as a pure betterment of the franchise move, I think it is prudent for the management to maintain the talent and make sure they obtain assets that benefit them for today and the future, that means trade Perry.
Next man up, and i love how you guys are acting as if it's a foregone conclusion Perry leaves, based on a bogus topic yesterday when literally no information about negotiations has been leaked anywhere

Old
03-02-2013, 01:16 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Next man up, and i love how you guys are acting as if it's a foregone conclusion Perry leaves, based on a bogus topic yesterday when literally no information about negotiations has been leaked anywhere
I know that duck scouts have been to a few ottawa games ,but i think its more of them just covering their bases now .If they cant get him signed they will move him ,and i know BM would be in to giving a fair package to land him. When our team is healthy, a winger of his calibre is the one piece we sorely lack

Old
03-02-2013, 01:18 AM
Corban

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
He said he wants to return home, so out of Toronto and Ottawa what do you think is the best fit
Ya but but, the Canadians were his favorite team growing up, so thats where he is going.

Can you please show me where he says this? "I want to return home and play for a team there, not just live there in the off season, ect", and I will not play in any other city because I be from Canada!"