Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Mikael Granlund V

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 04:20 AM
Loffer

vCash: 954
Granlund should return to Europe and keep playing the game he is known of. That NHL **** won't ever be his game.

Old
03-01-2013, 05:07 AM
Gaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffer View Post
Granlund should return to Europe and keep playing the game he is known of. That NHL **** won't ever be his game.
At this point I have no idea why I even bother replying to your posts.

With that said, giving up (especially when you still have hope) is pathetic. Granlund is not going to do that.

Old
03-01-2013, 05:12 AM
MJAYK

Quote:
Nobody needs to take this guy seriously. Please, just don't.

Old
03-01-2013, 05:34 AM
Loffer

vCash: 954
I'm not saying he should "give up"; or that he wouldn't make it-. No, I think he MAY become a decent NHLer but I am not sure what it takes. It may not be worth it if he should compromise his health in the process. And in any case he cannot reach his full potential in the NHL.

Just a thought after watching last night's game.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:51 AM
Gabranth
#19 #88

Quote:
Maybe IFK would still want him.

Old
03-01-2013, 07:08 AM
Steve Cockburn

Wow, a lot of people are basically saying that Granlund is ****. Who are you comparing him with? From what ive seen, hes been doing very positive things on the ice and also been very unlucky not to get 5 more assists. He's got the quality, let him adapt to the pace. I have no doubt he will be an important player. If not for Minnesota, then for someone else in the NHL.

Old
03-01-2013, 07:25 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cockburn View Post
hes been doing very positive things on the ice and also been very unlucky not to get 5 more assists. He's got the quality, let him adapt to the pace. I have no doubt he will be an important player. If not for Minnesota, then for someone else in the NHL.
It's true. Its been kinda funny to follow this, guy is playing very mature and good hockey for a small sized rookie (very good). It doesn't look bad at all for him. But I give some understanding for the ones who are disappointed, he is so high profile player that you would've wished him to be superstar right from the start. In national team, he was better than NT captain Mikko Koivu, who also plays for this team. It's proven giftness and skills that he has in him. I dont know how he is doing socially with Heater and other team mates he's playing with, but he needs to get that high confidence in him going on again. Being starplayer from the start... even that could've happened, he could have had better confidence, couple of goals and 5-10 more points if the wilds were in fire as a team and only if couple of bounches would've gone their and mikael's way. The Team and Mikael have struggled a bit but it's going to turn good. North American fans aren't the ones with most faith aguess, very polarized (good or bad, bust or superstar) but at least even the negative fans havent completely given up.

I think Mikael isn't completely "free" and outgoing mentally in the Wilds yet. He should just go to the ice, not to think and score / make plays. Not that easily done as said, thought.

Last edited by QnebO: 03-01-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Old
03-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Red Alberks

This thread is borderline unreadable. My goodness.

The kid is looking good and getting better every single game. He is playing physical, making good decisions, making good passes, winning faceoffs, taking shots, and getting better defensively. And let's just ignore the fact that now that Granlund is on the #1 PP unit, our powerplay is starting to produce...

It seems like, according to many on here, lots of points = a good player. But guess what, there is so much more to hockey than stats.

Mikko's rookie season he had 21pts in 64 games and was a -9. That doesn't look special at all on paper. But look at the player he is now. He is one of the best two-way centers in the NHL. He took time to develop into the player he is today.

Granlund will most likely follow the same path. He has the skill, smarts, and work ethic to be a great, great player in this league. Just give him some time. A lot of you act like he is useless out there. That couldn't be further from the truth. Zucker is producing right off the bat because he has speed. Brodin is playing well because he is a tremendous skater and has outstanding hockey IQ. Granlund plays a very cerebral game, so obviously his adjustment period will be a bit longer than those two.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Gorgeous George

Quote:
Forget Europe, I think they should burn him at the stake.

And to think he didn't put up ppg numbers in his first 20 games at the NHL level.

What a fraud.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:36 AM
sakux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Alberks View Post
This thread is borderline unreadable. My goodness.

The kid is looking good and getting better every single game. He is playing physical, making good decisions, making good passes, winning faceoffs, taking shots, and getting better defensively. And let's just ignore the fact that now that Granlund is on the #1 PP unit, our powerplay is starting to produce...

It seems like, according to many on here, lots of points = a good player. But guess what, there is so much more to hockey than stats.

Mikko's rookie season he had 21pts in 64 games and was a -9. That doesn't look special at all on paper. But look at the player he is now. He is one of the best two-way centers in the NHL. He took time to develop into the player he is today.

Granlund will most likely follow the same path. He has the skill, smarts, and work ethic to be a great, great player in this league. Just give him some time. A lot of you act like he is useless out there. That couldn't be further from the truth. Zucker is producing right off the bat because he has speed. Brodin is playing well because he is a tremendous skater and has outstanding hockey IQ. Granlund plays a very cerebral game, so obviously his adjustment period will be a bit longer than those two.
Are you actually trying to say that Brodin is a smarter player than Granlund?

Old
03-02-2013, 02:23 AM
QnebO

Why was he benched?? Would've been great matchup to watch Teemu, Saku, Mikko and Mikael and Lydman..

Wasn't the last game pretty good they won, what did they try with this heallthy scratch?

Old
03-02-2013, 02:36 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Yeo probably wanted more toughness vs. the Ducks.

He should be back on Sunday night vs. EDM.

Old
03-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Amazing that Coyle can get in the lineup every day while Granlund can't. And Coyle hasn't looked great.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:03 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Amazing that Coyle can get in the lineup every day while Granlund can't. And Coyle hasn't looked great.
This is what admittedly bugs me.

I got no beef with Granlund being in any position between Wild lineup and Houston, especially now that Cullen finally resembles something of a 2C and the squad seems to have found a secondary scoring threat with Seto and Zucker on his wing. And the Wild also arguably does have better options for bottom-six, at least for center.

But... Granlund can play wing. So why is it that Coyle seems to get a pass for the prime slot far easier while Yeo doesn't even think that Granny might have earnt a shot? Well, technically he did, with 1st PP vs. Phoenix, so why not stick him in there for a full game and see how he does? Especially now when you don't need to get creative to fill up the hole he leaves in centre depth.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Doobz89

I think its time for Granlund to be put at wing, anyone else agree? Our centers are pretty much set and they bring good size to the lineup so I think you keep all those guys in over Granny. You can put him in for Bouchard or Coyle IMO

Old
03-02-2013, 11:15 AM
elnewby
We got em'!

vCash: 410
I really just want FBJ to get a shot on the first line with ZP and MK. If Coyle "deserved" it, so does Granlund. And Coyle has been okay, nothing special though. And if Yeo plans on grooming Granlund as a 4th line center then, this franchise is in trouble. He should be on the top two lines I believe. And with the 2nd line playing well, don't switch those around now. It leaves the underperforming top line to be flopped around. Please Yeo, just give him a chance.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Dampland
YEO must GO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Apparently you are watching the wrong channel.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Henri M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
Apparently you are watching the wrong channel.
The same one as me apparently.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Dampland
YEO must GO

Coyle was brought up to help cycle along the wall, work down low, and provide a body out in front.

THus far Coyle has done all of that, and is getting better every game.

He is a totally different type of player than Granlund, and they are meant to fill totally different roles.

Having MG on the 1st line makes no sense, as he cannot fill the type of role they want from Coyle. And now with the SPEED of the 2nd line, Granlund doesn't fit there either.

So AT BEST at the current time Granlund is only suitable on 3rd line or 4th line duty.

So once again... I feel his progress, improvement, and confidence would benefit best from playing major minutes in the AHL for a season or two, and then see if he can be impactful in the NHL.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakux View Post
Are you actually trying to say that Brodin is a smarter player than Granlund?

Really not that ridiculous of an argument. They play different positions so its hard to compare but Brodin, like Granlunds hockey IQ is off the charts.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:26 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
This is something that I just don't get.

Coyle hasn't been bad, but he hasn't really done anything, certainly nothing worth all the #1 unit time he is getting. 3rd line maybe, but what do I know, except that he really has shown no great improvement yet. Don't get me wrong, I still think the kid is going to be good in the coming years, but he's not there yet.

Then there is Granlund, who has continually showen improvement gets 4th line c, or is scratched.

It just makes no sense.

Old
03-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Tuomaz

I have also been very dissapointed by coyle. he just seem very soft and he loses board battles from time to time. And his hockey iq is not par with the other two on the 1st line. There's no chemistry. Koivu and Granlund should have some chemistry..

Old
03-02-2013, 02:23 PM
PariseSuterKoivu

Granlund is getting somilar criticism to what Mike Modano got early in his rookie year. I'm not saying Granlund is going to be in Modano's calibur, but I see the same types of struggles MM had early on.

Old
03-02-2013, 02:25 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseSuterKoivu View Post
Granlund is getting somilar criticism to what Mike Modano got early in his rookie year. I'm not saying Granlund is going to be in Modano's calibur, but I see the same types of struggles MM had early on.
Modano is also 6'3" to Granlund's 5'10"

Old
03-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Gabranth
#19 #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseSuterKoivu View Post
Yeah, Modano had a terrible rookie season, at least stat wise. (80, 29+46=75)

Closed Thread