HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Your team's best offer for Corey Perry

Old
03-02-2013, 01:18 AM
DrDangles

vCash: 500
Bennett
Pouliot
Conditional 1st based on him resigning.

DrDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:20 AM
GreatStateofHockey

vCash: 163
Michalek
Regin
1st

This is assuming Alfie comes back for one more year. I can see us making a push for him to get the cup, and we don't really lose out on long term.

GreatStateofHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:20 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban View Post
Ya but but, the Canadians were his favorite team growing up, so thats where he is going.

Can you please show me where he says this? "I want to return home and play for a team there, not just live there in the off season, ect", and I will not play in any other city because I be from Canada!"
Ok then why would he leave California ??The Sens have tons of cap,a young emerging team, and as a added bonus he will be close to his family

Last edited by topshelf15: 03-02-2013 at 01:28 AM.
topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:23 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Desharnais
Leblanc
1st 2013
Moen
Anaheim's 2nd

for

Perry (signed)
First, sign and trades are almost nonexistent in the NHL. If we are in the Perry hunt, we have to accept the same risk Pittsburgh and New Jersey did. Second, I think Anaheim would want the center with more potential: Eller fits that bill. If we can do Desharnais instead, by all means.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:23 AM
Brian Boyle
ZibaneFAM

vCash: 50
Boyle
Kreider
1st 2014 (cond. on re-signing, if not, a 2nd)
2nd 2013

Just gauging interest, I don't think the Rangers have an expendable roster player that'll make it worth Anaheim's while to trade Perry, but Kreider is a very attractive piece. It pains me to think about trading him, but, damn, it's Corey Perry. If the option is available, the Rangers HAVE to consider it.

Honestly, I think Anaheim could get a better roster player, so I don't think this is a deal that makes much sense. Nice to think about, though, for Ranger fans at least.

03-02-2013, 01:24 AM
Corban

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Next man up, and i love how you guys are acting as if it's a foregone conclusion Perry leaves, based on a bogus topic yesterday when literally no information about negotiations has been leaked anywhere
Again, how can you be the one that is so sure? All you have is that, "there is no way he is traded while the team is in 2nd place." That statement is pulled out of no where (wishful thinking). But the FACT he is a UFA is absolute, you can not deny that. So the speculation that you might be left with "fond memories after this season is completely valid/plausible.

Corban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:25 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Again, how can you be the one that is so sure? All you have is that, "there is no way he is traded while the team is in 2nd place." That statement is pulled out of no where (wishful thinking). But the FACT he is a UFA is absolute, you can not deny that. So the speculation that you might be left with "fond memories after this season is completely valid/plausible.
He wont be a pen :

Old
03-02-2013, 01:26 AM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Desharnais
Leblanc
1st 2013
Moen
Anaheim's 2nd

for

Perry (signed)
no thanks. dont want that for an unsigned perry.
the little 5'7 winger and a really late first and leblanc (who i'm not too fond of as a prospect. mediocre prospect)

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:28 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Based

Quote:
ah but you guys can pull made up quotes by bob mckenzie from anywhere to suit your arguments? sure seems fair doesn't it

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:32 AM
Corban

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Ok then why would he leave California ??The Sens have tons of cap, the young emerging team, and as a added bonus he will be close to his family
Answer my original question.

You said...

Quote:
He said he wants to return home
Show me this statement of his, and how he will only play there and no where else.

And for your bonuses on the Sens....cap space (Penguins have that), young emerging team (no not the Penguins ), close to his family ( well a flight is not far at all from Pittsburgh). That case of yours is not really that solid as you might think. Oh and a added bonus, Mario is here, you know his favorite player as a kid.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:36 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Answer my original question.

You said...

Show me this statement of his, and how he will only play there and no where else.

And for your bonuses on the Sens....cap space (Penguins have that), young emerging team (no not the Penguins ), close to his family ( well a flight is not far at all from Pittsburgh). That case of yours is not really that solid as you might think. Oh and a added bonus, Mario is here, you know his favorite player as a kid.
In a trade Ottawa can go much higher than the pens ,in terms of Prospects and picks not to mention player salary,so iam sure Pittsburg will be out of it early

Old
03-02-2013, 01:40 AM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

I know there is no way he gets traded within the division, but from a value standpoint:

Corey Perry

Dan Boyle
Ryane Clowe
Matt Irwin
2012 SJS 2nd

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:44 AM
Corban

Quote:
ah but you guys can pull made up quotes by bob mckenzie from anywhere to suit your arguments? sure seems fair doesn't it
Again, I'm going on the FACT that he is NOT signed, he IS a UFA, the Ducks have to think about Getzlaf, my lord this is a trade rumor/free agent talk is it not? Is this not a perfect example as to what a GOOD topic would be in a message board?

But please continue to shrug aside any talk of this just because you deem it all invalid because of some statements made by a legit hockey reporter that does have a understanding/grasp of this league. Get a grip.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:49 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Well if he doesn't re-sign with the Ducks, for me he is going to either MTL,OTT, or Toronto, and maybe Det.

I have read that he likes his privacy, but if that is the case, why not re-sign with the Ducks. Also read that he wants to come closer to home, to have his family he him play more often. If Det moves to the east, and it being close to his hometown, they can be option, but I think if he doesn't re-sign, its down to those 3 Canadian teams, hope we get him, and if not, he better stay out west.

Edit: Image the leafs somehow get Getzlaf and Habs get Perry

JVR-Getzlaf-Kessel vs Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Perry

*dreaminggggg
This interesting where did you read that??

Old
03-02-2013, 01:50 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Based

Quote:
Again, I'm going on the FACT that he is NOT signed, he IS a UFA, the Ducks have to think about Getzlaf, my lord this is a trade rumor/free agent talk is it not? Is this not a perfect example as to what a GOOD topic would be in a message board?

But please continue to shrug aside any talk of this just because you deem it all invalid because of some statements made by a legit hockey reporter that does have a understanding/grasp of this league. Get a grip.
how is it a good topic, with little in the way of facts, and almost 100% speculation? since when is doug maclean a respected insider who then tried to back off his statement?

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:50 AM
topshelf15

Quote:

And again Pittsburg will be outbid by other teams, they are in a win now mode.Iggy is a better option for them

Old
03-02-2013, 01:59 AM
Corban

Quote:
how is it a good topic, with little in the way of facts, and almost 100% speculation? since when is doug maclean a respected insider who then tried to back off his statement?
How is it not? Is a trade not possible because of certain situations (stated above), this is not 100% speculation, he is a UFA, Getzlaf is a factor for the ducks as well, the Ducks run the risk of loosing him for nothing come this off season. That is all fact, you can not deny any of that. And when one takes all of that into account as well as reading what Bob Mckenzie (who I was referring to) how if he were to speculate, read the tea leaves, he thinks Perry will get traded before the deadline. So pal, I was not talking about Maclean, and again you can not just conveniently dismiss this topic off as laughable no matter how much you want to keep your head in the sand and ignore the reality that is around.

Old
03-02-2013, 02:02 AM
Corban

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
And again Pittsburg will be outbid by other teams, they are in a win now mode.Iggy is a better option for them
I'm not going back and forth with you any longer.

Last edited by Brian Boyle: 03-02-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old
03-02-2013, 02:03 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 566
Tom Sesito for Perry and cond 7th

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 02:08 AM
Brian Boyle
ZibaneFAM

Quote:
How is it not? Is a trade not possible because of certain situations (stated above), this is not 100% speculation, he is a UFA, Getzlaf is a factor for the ducks as well, the Ducks run the risk of loosing him for nothing come this off season. That is all fact, you can not deny any of that.
Truth, but the fact that the Ducks are currently running away with their division halfway through the season means that, more than likely, they'll run the risk of losing him in exchange for a potentially long playoff run - just look at last year, Parise wasn't traded like many people tried to convince themselves of happening, and instead, the Devils held onto him and they came within two games of winning the cup.

The Ducks, as of now, appear to be a contender for the cup. Fact: trading Perry hurts those current chances of winning a cup, and it's a huge factor in whether or not Perry will be traded. No doubt, they'll explore the option, and should they completely fall apart by the trade deadline, it wouldn't surprise me to see him moved - but, in this current situation, I'd say that Anaheim holds onto him. This isn't a Kovalchuk or Hossa situation, where it was either lose the player or get a return - no chance of a playoff run forced their hands.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 02:11 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
I'm not going back and forth with you any longer.
Fair enough

Last edited by Brian Boyle: 03-02-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Old
03-02-2013, 02:15 AM
mightyquack
Everybody panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Truth, but the fact that the Ducks are currently running away with their division halfway through the season means that, more than likely, they'll run the risk of losing him in exchange for a potentially long playoff run - just look at last year, Parise wasn't traded like many people tried to convince themselves of happening, and instead, the Devils held onto him and they came within two games of winning the cup.

The Ducks, as of now, appear to be a contender for the cup. Fact: trading Perry hurts those current chances of winning a cup, and it's a huge factor in whether or not Perry will be traded. No doubt, they'll explore the option, and should they completely fall apart by the trade deadline, it wouldn't surprise me to see him moved - but, in this current situation, I'd say that Anaheim holds onto him. This isn't a Kovalchuk or Hossa situation, where it was either lose the player or get a return - no chance of a playoff run forced their hands.
Someone actually gets it

On top of this, for a team like Anaheim, a deep playoff run has huge financial benefits, something else that is important for us.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 02:22 AM
Brian Boyle
ZibaneFAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Someone actually gets it

On top of this, for a team like Anaheim, a deep playoff run has huge financial benefits, something else that is important for us.
Yeah, I actually thought of that aspect right after I posted that.

Each playoff game is a boatload of money going to Ducks' management - especially if they make it deep.

Think about this: the more money management makes from Ducks' playoffs games, the more money they'll be able to offer to Perry.

A simple aspect of this whole topic that may be overlooked by many.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 02:22 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Someone actually gets it

Yep agreed ,if he does get moved it will be at ANA,s choosing before july 1st.And possibly after

Old
03-02-2013, 02:43 AM
PricePkPatch*

Can I have a scouting report on Perry? I know he is a great player, but I don't know what kind of player he is. What's his moves, his best strength, his downside.

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote