HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will the "Zucc" be back? (3/25: Agrees to terms)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-01-2013, 06:40 PM
  #351
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Looks like I am going to be the vocal minority here (haven't read the whole thread but seen enough to think there's not much support for MZA) I think he does come back and he is brought in specifically to be a power play catalyst. Where's the downside? I thought he was much improved last year, he won't play against teams where you need someone to Bickel it up (the Flyers for instance) but as a spare part, he's a valuable depth piece. He also can come back and probably get either a 2013-14 team option from the Rangers or a shot at free agency after the season. To me, it's a low cost win, win and he doesn't cost you a future asset for the playoff run.
Because a few fans would rather not add depth to the roster because they can't ignore the Norwegian posters that annoy them. Want proof? Just read through the nonsense in this thread by so called Rangers fans...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 06:43 PM
  #352
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,223
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Yeah, he'll really help us in Torts' doghouse.

Why don't they want him on the Rangers then? Oh right, they'd rather Zuke gets 20 minutes of TOI on a ****** team like the Islanders. Got it.
Huh?

This posts doesn't seem to make any sense...

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 06:44 PM
  #353
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Why do you ASSuME he would be in Torts doghouse? Isn't Torts part of the Rangers brain trust that would want to bring him back?


Admit it. The real reason you don't want him here is because you don't want the Norwegian poster here.

Do you think Zucc would add depth to the Rangers?

I'll ask you this again....

If Zucc played a few even strength minutes, the power play, AND the shootout would he help the team?
I assume he will be in Torts' doghouse because that's where he's ended up before.

10 games played, 3 points in them last year. Our offensive machine!

So you're telling me that we should give a roster spot to someone that will play the same amount of ES minutes as Stu Pickles, with an extra 2 minutes of Flowerplay time, and then maybe score a goal in the shootout for us? So basically a forward version of Marc Andre Bergeron.


Last edited by JeffMangum: 03-01-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 06:46 PM
  #354
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Huh?

This posts doesn't seem to make any sense...
Ok, then explain why they don't want him on the Rangers.

I can't believe we're arguing over a midget playing in Russia, but continue on.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 06:49 PM
  #355
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
It wasn't just about points, at least MZA had glimpses that he was NHL caliber, more so than Kreider, Miller, Mashinter or Bickel. He never got a fair shake here and he would've stayed up on the roster if not for freak injury, he was playing really well and generating scoring chances during his call-up.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 06:51 PM
  #356
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,223
vCash: 300
Stop attacking our Norwegian posters because of Zuccarello...they have every right to post on this board. If you disagree, just don't post in the thread.

EDIT: That being said, that doesn't mean that you guys can come in here and bash the Rangers...I haven't really seen that in this thread, but I'm just throwing it out there.


Last edited by JeffMangum: 03-01-2013 at 06:59 PM.
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 06:53 PM
  #357
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
I assume he will be in Torts' doghouse because that's where he's ended up before.

10 games played, 3 points in them last year. Our offensive machine!

So you're telling me that we should give a roster spot to someone that will play the same amount of ES minutes as Stu Pickles, with an extra 2 minutes of Flowerplay time, and then maybe score a goal in the shootout for us? So basically a forward version of Marc Andre Bergeron.
Yes, i'm telling you that as a depth player Zucc would help. That the 29th ranked power play could use a specialist that could also help in the shootout. That with every game being a 4 point game the Rangers NEED to have a lethal power play and if my grandma could help I'd be saying we should sign her. I bet if Zucc played the same amount of even strength minutes as Stu Bickel he would add more then Bickel.

I never said he was an offensive machine...don't put words in my mouth. Try responding to my actual posts next time...I'll give you a third chance here.

Is Torts part of the Rangers brain trust that would be willing to give Zucc another chance? (try answering that question)


And now for the third time.....

If Zucc played a few even strength minutes, the power play, AND the shootout would he help the team? (try answering my questions)


Last edited by JeffMangum: 03-01-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 06:53 PM
  #358
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,223
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Ok, then explain why they don't want him on the Rangers.

I can't believe we're arguing over a midget playing in Russia, but continue on.
Who's they? Front office? Who said that they didn't want him on the Rangers? Zuccarello signed with the KHL - the Rangers didn't loan him to them.

He's still their property, they would have cut ties completely if they weren't somewhat interested in having him around.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 06:57 PM
  #359
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Who's they? Front office? Who said that they didn't want him on the Rangers? Zuccarello signed with the KHL - the Rangers didn't loan him to them.

He's still their property, they would have cut ties completely if they weren't somewhat interested in having him around.
I meant posters from a certain country, but I see the warning above.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 07:01 PM
  #360
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Yes, i'm telling you that as a depth player Zucc would help. That the 29th ranked power play could use a specialist that could also help in the shootout. That with every game being a 4 point game the Rangers NEED to have a lethal power play and if my grandma could help I'd be saying we should sign her. I bet if Zucc played the same amount of even strength minutes as Stu Bickel he would add more then Bickel.

I never said he was an offensive machine...don't put words in my mouth. Try responding to my actual posts next time...I'll give you a third chance here.

Is Torts part of the Rangers brain trust that would be willing to give Zucc another chance? (try answering that question)


And now for the third time.....

If Zucc played a few even strength minutes, the power play, AND the shootout would he help the team? (try answering my questions)
1. I don't see Zucc as some Powerplay specialist, unlike some of you. He definitely flourishes with more ice, which is why he does well in Europe. He had a good few games before getting injured last year, but how do we know that he would have continued his level of play?

2. I don't know how you expect me to answer the Torts question. I don't talk to him. Nor can I read his mind by watching press conferences.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 07:03 PM
  #361
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!
 
MrAlmost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: R.I.P.
Country: United States
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
Hags-Richards-Nash
Pyatt-Stepan-Cally
Zucc-Miller-Gabby
Boyle-Halpern-Powe
Asham

I wish Miller was a little better at center. That looks pretty good to me.

MrAlmost is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 07:06 PM
  #362
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
1. I don't see Zucc as some Powerplay specialist, unlike some of you. He definitely flourishes with more ice, which is why he does well in Europe. He had a good few games before getting injured last year, but how do we know that he would have continued his level of play?

2. I don't know how you expect me to answer the Torts question. I don't talk to him. Nor can I read his mind by watching press conferences.
1.) Fair enough. I don't know if he would've continued his play but I think he would help the power play. He couldn't hurt the power play. He was also fairly decent in shootouts which are going to become more important down the stretch.

2) If you can't answer the question why do you assume he will be in Torts dog house? If Torts was against bringing him back I'm fairly sure the Rangers wouldn't be bringing him back...wasting a roster spot...wasting a contract...wasting money....etc..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 07:12 PM
  #363
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
1.) Fair enough. I don't know if he would've continued his play but I think he would help the power play. He couldn't hurt the power play. He was also fairly decent in shootouts which are going to become more important down the stretch.

2) If you can't answer the question why do you assume he will be in Torts dog house? If Torts was against bringing him back I'm fairly sure the Rangers wouldn't be bringing him back...wasting a roster spot...wasting a contract...wasting money....etc..
I think he will end up the Torts doghouse because once Torts forms an opinion about a player, it's very hard to change. And Torts knows that about himself. He said that he had to stop watching the Whale during the lockout because he was starting to form some negative opinions about some players. (I assume he was talking about Kreider.)

Does Zuccarello even want to come back? Apparently he's very happy playing in Russia. I don't see a future for him in NY. Maybe in Long Island.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 07:27 PM
  #364
UlfNilsson
Registered User
 
UlfNilsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baltimore, MD
Country: United States
Posts: 164
vCash: 500
Unfortunately if Zukes flies back to join the Rangers he will be transported via dog carrier in the cargo bay. Love this kid, but Torts doesn't give him a chance. He was kicking butt before he got injured blocking a shot. Then never heard from again. But he blocks shots!

UlfNilsson is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 09:44 PM
  #365
AlwaysARanger
Schwing!
 
AlwaysARanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oslo
Country: Norway
Posts: 492
vCash: 500
Don't know what to think about him (or this thread), but something has crossed my mind:

- He is good enough to play in the NHL 10 min ES + PP/game.
- He cant carry a line (not in the KHL, not in the NHL). So don't expect him to, but he can play and keep up with anybody.
- I saw Zuke's first game as a Ranger, a exhebition game in MSG vs The Devils. He was BRUTAL, couldnt stand on his feet what so ever. I think the media in Norway and in the US was very nice with him. I sat 6 rows from the ice and thought this was a ECHL, borderline amateur, performance. What a first impression to overcome.
-I think his PP-ability can help the Rangers a lot, but maybe his ES contribution in the NHL is just a little too little.
- wish him all of luck wherever that might be. I'm a Norwegian after all.

- Norwegian posters in this thread dont have a clue about the NY sports fans or they critical view of anything not named World Series/Vincent Lombardi trophy/Stanley Cup/Larry O'Brian Trophy. Norwegian hockey fans is not critical to their own teams in general, they just join the pissing contest with other teams fans if anything. For them to understand that Rangers-fans do not necessary like certain Rangers players is hard for them to understand. I believe that is the reason they go defence-mode on Zuke. Well, NY is different, see Malik, Redden, Gomez ++++ most recently.

(and last, I was here long before he arrived, i.e I sat ring side at the famous St.Louis game early march 2007 in MSG and stood on my feet in OT/SO cheering for Avery among others, he maybe played his best game as a ranger that night).

Go Zuke, all the best.


Last edited by AlwaysARanger: 03-01-2013 at 09:54 PM. Reason: typo-ish
AlwaysARanger is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 11:00 PM
  #366
Khelvan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,376
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
So they started posting here AFTER he signed and that's a problem right? Because you have to be a fan for 20 years, a season ticket holder, to post here...to have an opinion....gotcha!
Excuse me? What in the hell are you talking about? I simply mentioned that the Norwegian posters who joined after Zuccarello's signing, and there were a good many of them, held that opinion. A number of them didn't like him playing for the Rangers.

So how in the world did you jump from that to someone (presumably me, if I understand what you're writing there) making a comment about who is allowed or not allowed to have an opinion?

In addition, where in the world did I make a judgement about whether or not the opinion was CORRECT?

Khelvan is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 11:20 PM
  #367
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 12,543
vCash: 500
Before his last injury, he was doing some pretty good stuff. I can't forget that wrist shot he took right off the faceoff (forget who the opponent was) but it was a bullet that rung off the crossbar. He got that shot off as fast as is humanly possible.

I would welcome him back.

trilobyte is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 11:31 PM
  #368
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
Excuse me? What in the hell are you talking about? I simply mentioned that the Norwegian posters who joined after Zuccarello's signing, and there were a good many of them, held that opinion. A number of them didn't like him playing for the Rangers.

So how in the world did you jump from that to someone (presumably me, if I understand what you're writing there) making a comment about who is allowed or not allowed to have an opinion?

In addition, where in the world did I make a judgement about whether or not the opinion was CORRECT?
My post was really a generalization about the treatment the Norwegian fans get on this board. It's horses**t that they can't come on a message board and voice their opinion. I shouldn't have quoted you. I think a good number of the posters that came here were treated like ass simply because they only rooted for the Rangers because of Zuccerello.

I am sorry. I do respect you and your opinion and I shouldn't have quoted you. I think you would understand what I was trying to say if I didn't quote you.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:45 AM
  #369
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!
 
SixGoalieSystem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 2,493
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
I meant posters from a certain country, but I see the warning above.
The argument basically was: "He'd be a better fit on a team playing a different kind of hockey". I happen to disagree with that since he actually brought some qualities that were lacking in the Rangers when he came back last year. If he had been with a team stacked with creative and skilled players, he wouldn't have made that impact.

Naturally since we have very few hockey players of or close to NHL capacity in Norway, ofc people want him to make it and sometimes get a little carried away. However if you look at Norwegian posters on HF, most of them don't even come in here, they stay on their own franchises' respective boards. I think that some people assume that just because a poster has that little flag below his avatar, he cares more about Zuccarello than he does the Rangers. In most cases that's not true.

As for Zuccarello I'd like him back if it's at a fair price. He could probably slot in at 3rd line LW. And at this time I do think that would help this team out quite a bit.

SixGoalieSystem is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 06:17 AM
  #370
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,163
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
UFA at 27.
So prior to the 14/15 season he is an UFA? If not the poster above you is right. But that seamed a bit long.

fredrikstad is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 06:36 AM
  #371
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,163
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlmost View Post
Hags-Richards-Nash
Pyatt-Stepan-Cally
Zucc-Miller-Gabby
Boyle-Halpern-Powe
Asham

I wish Miller was a little better at center. That looks pretty good to me.
Except Gabby isn't a 3. line player.

Ant to Grind jam Grind, the reason I don't want Zuke here, is for the WC and the difficulties to get a top 6/9 spot.
He is better suited for a more open game. I'm with you on that one. But IF he should crack a spot, and contribute, I would have been really trilled and happy.

fredrikstad is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 08:55 AM
  #372
NickyFotiu
Registered User
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,561
vCash: 500
I may be Zooks biggest fan. I'm from a little Norway city called Brooklyn.

NickyFotiu is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 10:43 AM
  #373
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlfNilsson View Post
Unfortunately if Zukes flies back to join the Rangers he will be transported via dog carrier in the cargo bay. Love this kid, but Torts doesn't give him a chance. He was kicking butt before he got injured blocking a shot. Then never heard from again. But he blocks shots!
That's the irony. He buys in to the system and get rewarded with a broken wrist and then a ticket back over to Europe.

Normally I agree with Tort's "tough love" and players earning ice time, but Zucc played well enough to stick around. Although last year it didn't seem to matter when they were winning and playing over their heads.

__________________
Ail is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 01:57 PM
  #374
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!
 
MrAlmost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: R.I.P.
Country: United States
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Except Gabby isn't a 3. line player.

Ant to Grind jam Grind, the reason I don't want Zuke here, is for the WC and the difficulties to get a top 6/9 spot.
He is better suited for a more open game. I'm with you on that one. But IF he should crack a spot, and contribute, I would have been really trilled and happy.
I understand that. But dont think about it as a strict 1, 2, 3, 4 set up. Just because I listed that line 3rd doesnt mean it is a 3rd line in the sense of a checking role. A real cup contending team has threats up and down the line up and that lineup could be like that, with good checking from each line and a little offense everywhere. Thats when a team becomes hard to defend against. Like the blackhawks right now. They are dangerous everywhere and teams just cant stop it.

MrAlmost is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:14 PM
  #375
azaloum90
Registered User
 
azaloum90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The coop!
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 500
Maybe we should Trade Stu Pickels for Michael Rozsival from the Hawks too eh?

Ranger fans really love their old Rangers coming back...

I'd be fine with Zucc coming back, especially since he didnt have a fair share, but we don't really have the assets necessary to do that

azaloum90 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.