HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pens @ Habs - Sat 7 EST

Old
03-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
Does anyone see us holding on to 1st place right till the end?
No, I'd be thrilled with top 4, to be honest. That means 2nd place in the division, and more points than the other non divisional champs. With the habs record outside the division, it would be very indicative of how their season has gone.

And if I look back to my pre season outlook, that it would be awesome to get the 8th spot, I should be thrilled either way, but being 1st after 40% of the season has a way making me more greedy . Now anything less than 4th would feel a little disappointing, and anything around 8th would feel like a total collapse.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 04:13 PM
sharks9

We need to take advantage of the Malkin-less Pens. Our D and G are better than theirs so if we get an early lead I think we'll win.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
We need to take advantage of the Malkin-less Pens. Our D and G are better than theirs so if we get an early lead I think we'll win.
they key is to limit Crosby's space. A big part of that requires to stay out of the box. Its not a team deep in offensive weapons right now, but they do have some real high end ones available. Crosby, Neal, and Letang can burn you pretty quickly.

Its the habs balanced scoring depth versus the pens high end guys.

Should be interesting, and the habs better be ready because the pens certainly are not coming in all fat and happy, based on their current losing streak.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:23 PM
StellerEller
Saku :D

vCash: 351
I would like to see Subban match up against Crosby, and to be honest there is no telling if MT would ever consider this, but frankly Subban's mix of agility, agitation, stamina and physicality make him perfect to neutralize Crosby. Now more than ever the Pens are top heavy, and we should be committing the Subban Pairing and the Plekanec line to take care of Crosby and Neal (and presumably Letang playing with them). The key, as Hackett said earlier, is that we need to stay disciplined. If we do that, and those players I mentioned do their job and defend Crosby, then we can use our scoring depth to shell the Pens blueline.

Pac-DD-Ryder
and
Eller-Galch-Gally

will be the offensive punch, and we should be able to get a W. Having last change, Better depth, and more momentum should allow for that. Here's hoping we don't come out flat.

StellerEller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

I just want all our players to keep a minimum of 10 foot buffer zone away from Matt Cooke.

Habbybirthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 07:20 PM
BLONG7

This game is definitely up for grabs!! Would be great to see a win, and keep some momentum going into Bawston...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

Maybe im just paranoid, but Im more scared of Cooke than Crosby and Neal.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:14 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
Pretty close in my opinion.

Price better be at his best, that's how I feel about the game.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:41 PM
catmanhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
finally, we can see if the habs are for real. haven't played much competition yet, and only teams who are below us. by sunday night, we will know where we stand.
lol everyone's below us so far

catmanhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:57 PM
davepeak
R.I.P. Jean

Habs 6 - Pens 5
Pacioretty (6)
Crosby (2)
Dupuis (1)
Neal (1)
Letang (1)

Guess who I've got in my pool...

Seriously, hoping for the best this weekend, home game with last change against the Pens without Malkin and MT against his former team is a possible W for us. I think it will be an offense-oriented game. Let's hope we can shut them down in the first as we are used to this season.

Against Boston? Close game with few goals on either side, the best goalie for these 60 minutes will win. Not sure about the result though.

I'll be away this weekend, but GO HABS GO!!!

EDIT: Price for both games please.

davepeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:42 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
Yeah, Gally and Chuckie better keep their heads up !!!

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
Flower in 24 games vs Montreal...

.889 sv %.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
I would like to see Subban match up against Crosby, and to be honest there is no telling if MT would ever consider this, but frankly Subban's mix of agility, agitation, stamina and physicality make him perfect to neutralize Crosby. Now more than ever the Pens are top heavy, and we should be committing the Subban Pairing and the Plekanec line to take care of Crosby and Neal (and presumably Letang playing with them). The key, as Hackett said earlier, is that we need to stay disciplined. If we do that, and those players I mentioned do their job and defend Crosby, then we can use our scoring depth to shell the Pens blueline.

Pac-DD-Ryder
and
Eller-Galch-Gally

will be the offensive punch, and we should be able to get a W. Having last change, Better depth, and more momentum should allow for that. Here's hoping we don't come out flat.
You don't consider Crosby capable of outthinking Subban? Tying him in knots? Making him take penalties?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:48 PM
Pigems*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
I just want all our players to keep a minimum of 10 foot buffer zone away from Matt Cooke.
I think Cooke is gonna get Prusted, he's gonna be itching to go after Mrs. Phaneouf declined his advances last game

Pigems* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:51 PM
Pigems*

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmanhabsfan View Post
Do you ever get tired of saying that? Because I sure don't

Pigems* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:52 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
i hope someone takes his head off

canadiensnation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmanhabsfan View Post
Get back to us on Monday.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:59 PM
StellerEller
Saku :D

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
You don't consider Crosby capable of outthinking Subban? Tying him in knots? Making him take penalties?
Crosby is obviously a hell of a player, but Subban tends to be overrated on offense and underrated on D. Subban can easily skate with Crosby, especially with his agility (the real strength of his skating ability). Subban is also stronger than Crosby, and while Crosby is also very strong on the puck, they're about the same height (5ft11, 6ft0) so Crosby can't get 'underneath' him during puck battles, taking away an advantage in balance and centre of gravity (IMO its a wash between the two). Finally, I did mention that we need to be disciplined, and of course PK is no exception. But I would argue that he's been way better at keeping his PIMs down this season, even if the team as a whole has not.

As for Crosby, He's going to outthink 99% of defenders, so mentally I think PK will be up to the task as much as anyone else, while having the strength and speed to physically compete and stay with Crosby on the ice. Plus, its not like It'd just be Subban. The Plek line would be on and Ideally Gorges with PK.

StellerEller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:56 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
Agreed on both fronts. I think Boston will win the division but we will finish 4th-6th. If they were barely winning most of our games or just pulling them out of their arses then I could see why people would doubt them. But the last two games they've played against the Sens and the Leafs should be an indication of how good the team is this year, even with a couple bad injuries (Bourky and Diaz).
I figure 60 points will be good for 4th or 5th. That means 31 points our final 28 games. Doable. The Diaz and Bourque thing is worrying though.

bsl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:07 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
You have a better idea? Subban can skate with Sid. I'd have Subby out there every time Sid is on the ice.

bsl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 03:55 AM
PricePkPatch

One game at a time. Boston game is irrelevant under the final buzzer (or goalhorn) is heard.

Kind of afraid of Cooke as well.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:07 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
The habs do best vs teams that don't have very tight defensive systems, so I'm gonna say that we win this one.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Flower in 24 games vs Montreal...

.889 sv %.
Theodore is worse and he held us to 0 goals through regulation.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
The habs do best vs teams that don't have very tight defensive systems, so I'm gonna say that we win this one.
...but that doesn't sound like us at all....

Wait. Nevermind .

Part of me (and quite a few Pens fans I think) wants Therrien to school Bylsma something awful.... with Habs winning 8-2 or something..... and then proceed to beat him up in a coaching bout at center ice after the final buzzer. If Therrien can turn in a caustic post-game presser about being 'disappoint' with the lack of accountability and work ethic on the Pens, that would be nice too, as would a sarcastic comment about how surprising it was to see that 4 out of 5 of our breakouts start with a low percentage stretch pass.

... or of course we could get a resounding win and none of the above, and that would be nice too .

Prediction: Habs 5 - 2 Pens

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:22 AM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Don't mean to hijack the thread.

I guess Diaz + Bourque are out due to injury, for tomorrows game is there a good feeling as to who the scratches will be? Have the Habs had the same players consistently scratched?

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote