HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2013, 12:13 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Wow, walters. Could you have activated his trap cards a bit more, there?
Also the guy he hit is a rookie on the Blades.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:54 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Does crossing the magical PPG mark make him a better prospect than he was 1 week ago?

I'd like to think the Habs look at more things than PPG thresholds...at least I hope
Yah thats what I was insinuating obviously...

I actually watch him play every so often and he has played much better offensively than his production reflects. I think he will surprise many people who don't watch him play. You should check him out

Old
03-02-2013, 04:09 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Yet another Dalton Thrower fight win:

Thrower currently has 6 fights on the season, 4 of them being in 2013.
doesn't seem to lose much does he?

Old
03-02-2013, 06:15 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Yah thats what I was insinuating obviously...

I actually watch him play every so often and he has played much better offensively than his production reflects. I think he will surprise many people who don't watch him play. You should check him out
Not only that but I think he gives a more consistent effort than he did(which was one of his drawbacks..) and he plays alot better in the D zone now and it doesnt look like the ice is tilted on one side I love Archambault as a prospect.

Old
03-02-2013, 07:51 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Nice game at UND for our prospects Kristo A(44 points in 31 games) and macMillan with a 2nd 3 point game in a row with 2 G 1 A. Hope Kristo gets some NHL or AHL games in this year.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Nice game at UND for our prospects Kristo A(44 points in 31 games) and macMillan with a 2nd 3 point game in a row with 2 G 1 A. Hope Kristo gets some NHL or AHL games in this year.
Not likely for NHL, but AHL he might get a few.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Not likely for NHL, but AHL he might get a few.
Id somebody is hurt top 9 he could be an option with Palushaj in Col, LeBlanc having a down year and Dumont being more of a 4th line grinding type.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:14 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Id somebody is hurt top 9 he could be an option with Palushaj in Col, LeBlanc having a down year and Dumont being more of a 4th line grinding type.
Bournival, or Holland, or some might get called up before him. He won't be able to play for the Dogs, or Habs until after the NCAA season. He very well could get that opportunity like Kreider, but it's hard to say at this point.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
+4 for Dietz tonight!!
I told you all that his plus/minus in the first part of the year was NOT an indication of what he was all about!

From -21 to +8!!!!

Old
03-02-2013, 09:58 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Watched North Dakota, MacMillan had a great night, was flying out there and could easily of had 4 or 5 points. One of his better games imo as he had a few end to end rushes where he showed great speed and stickhandling. Big win for ND as they gear up for the playoffs, they now are in 2nd place in the WCHA with 3 games to go.

Also watched the Michigan game, another good game from Bennett who remained on the top pairing with Trouba. Was a +3 on the night and was solid at both ends of the ice. Would be funny if Michigan gets hot at the right time as it was another good showing from them, they look much better then they have for most of the season. But they have a tall task ahead as the CCHA playoffs are going to be a battle and they would likely have to win the CCHA championship in order to advance to the frozen four. It would be the first time in some 20+ years that Michigan missed the Frozen Fours but they are playing much better so at least they will hopefully make it interesting.

Wonder if tonight will be the last regular season game for Mac Bennett in the NCAA since the playoffs start next weekend.

Also recorded the Denver game but will watch it later today or tomorrow.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Bournival, or Holland, or some might get called up before him. He won't be able to play for the Dogs, or Habs until after the NCAA season. He very well could get that opportunity like Kreider, but it's hard to say at this point.
Kristo is probably closer to the NHL than Holland or Bournival.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:57 AM
NotProkofievian

I was really down on Kristo when he decided not to make the jump to pro. I have to say I was completely wrong. He's having a tremendous amount of success in the NCAA and is looking to transition smoothly to the pros.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Nygren with 2 assists and the game-winning penalty shot for Färjestad today.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Locks

Nygren with two assists and a shootout goal (GW). He sits fifth in scoring (31points)among defencemen in the SEL and first in goals with 13.
Colberg did not have a point.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Doesn't he have to sign first?

Old
03-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I believe he can play in the AHL on an amateur try-out once the college season ends.

Either way it is common for college players to sign and play in the NHL or AHL after the college season is over.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
He sure does. But unlike CHL players, he can only do that when his season is over.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Et le But

Don't look now but Nystrom now has .5 PPG in the Allsvenskan. 11 points (5 goals, 6 assists) in 22 games, and it took him about 9 games to get comfortable playing at this level. I wish I had more of a personal account of his play, but the numbers are very encouraging for a 6th round pick.

Old
03-02-2013, 02:35 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Don't look now but Nystrom now has .5 PPG in the Allsvenskan. 11 points (5 goals, 6 assists) in 22 games, and it took him about 9 games to get comfortable playing at this level. I wish I had more of a personal account of his play, but the numbers are very encouraging for a 6th round pick.
It'd be nice to get a chance to watch him play.

Old
03-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

At the time, I thought that Thrower was a really solid pick. Was happy to see that. The only player I would have loved to see being drafted for us instead of him would have been Boo Nieves....And geez, does that look good for Nieves now....Nothing is done though, still a lot of ways to go, but Thrower took a really bad turn today while Nieves is really good in his first NCAA year. Let's hope that Thrower starts playing better and has a much better year next year 'cause if not, he's done being a Hab. Only great point going for him now is his +/- and how he continues to be great in the fighting department.

Old
03-02-2013, 07:54 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
At the time, I thought that Thrower was a really solid pick. Was happy to see that. The only player I would have loved to see being drafted for us instead of him would have been Boo Nieves....And geez, does that look good for Nieves now....Nothing is done though, still a lot of ways to go, but Thrower took a really bad turn today while Nieves is really good in his first NCAA year. Let's hope that Thrower starts playing better and has a much better year next year 'cause if not, he's done being a Hab. Only great point going for him now is his +/- and how he continues to be great in the fighting department.
He got too much skills and intangible not to become an NHLer.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:00 PM
FytinSioux
Blackhawksssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
I believe he can play in the AHL on an amateur try-out once the college season ends.

Either way it is common for college players to sign and play in the NHL or AHL after the college season is over.
As soon as UNDs season is over he will be on a plane to Hamilton or Montreal. I doubt they send him to Montreal right away with The Habs looking like a playoff team. Frattin two years ago was shipped out the day after UND lost and played with the Leafs the next game, but Toronto was already eliminated, so it really didn't mean much. Actually I think it was the last game of the season for Toronto.

Und had their senior night tonight and played a montage on the jumbotron with pictures of the 6 seniors. Kristo was sobbing pretty hard. It's obvious he came back to play with his best friends. He has had off ice issues in the past, but he seems to have matured quite a bit. Great character and he gave us everything he had here at UND. He will be with the Habs as soon as next year.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FytinSioux View Post
As soon as UNDs season is over he will be on a plane to Hamilton or Montreal. I doubt they send him to Montreal right away with The Habs looking like a playoff team. Frattin two years ago was shipped out the day after UND lost and played with the Leafs the next game, but Toronto was already eliminated, so it really didn't mean much. Actually I think it was the last game of the season for Toronto.

Und had their senior night tonight and played a montage on the jumbotron with pictures of the 6 seniors. Kristo was sobbing pretty hard. It's obvious he came back to play with his best friends. He has had off ice issues in the past, but he seems to have matured quite a bit. Great character and he gave us everything he had here at UND. He will be with the Habs as soon as next year.
Thanks for the post. And as I keep saying in this board...I have no doubt about Kristo. It says top 6 player all over. And a real important player in a powerplay. Can't wait to see him in Hamilton.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:36 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by FytinSioux View Post

Yea IIRC Frattin debuted against us in the last game. Looked great too.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:54 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Deitz

Deitz just continues to improve as time goes on. If he continues to improve at this rate he is the real deal.

Closed Thread